PDA

View Full Version : What the hell......

Punderland
06-10-2010, 02:01 PM
As I mentioned, I failed to deactivate my game.....

And reply from Starforce support, this game is not born with deactivation.

How can I deactivate!:mad::mad::mad:

P.S. After my first letter..... 1C hasn't reply me for nearly a month already......... sth's wrong?

Nikitns
06-11-2010, 05:42 AM
deactivate?

Punderland
06-11-2010, 06:06 AM
deactivate?

yes.... someone from 1c told me that it could be deactivate from computer to computer:evil:

Nikitns
06-11-2010, 11:25 AM
wat are u talking about? u can install the game multiple times

Punderland
06-11-2010, 02:07 PM
wat are u talking about? u can install the game multiple times

Only three times for the sake of starforce......I am playing the box version. Not steam:(

Korsakov829
06-14-2010, 11:50 PM
I'm sure you would have to activate the game before you can deactivate it. I'm unfamiliar with Starforce, you will just have to solve it yourself unless someone else knows what to do.

Nikitns
06-18-2010, 06:01 PM
Only three times for the sake of starforce......I am playing the box version. Not steam:(

is starforce another dumbass seller? 1C Published this game, you should buy it from them (or steam).

Feh
08-29-2010, 05:43 PM
I think Starforce is a copy protection mechanism. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarForce

laika
09-30-2010, 11:00 AM
I know exact how you feel Punderland. I have the same problem with the starwolves series. When you change hardware in your comp or format you HD you can only install the game 3 times. After that the game you bought is useless.
Only thing you can do is buy your games with steam. A game bought with steam don,t have this awfull protection.
But when you are thinking the same as me that don,t want to get pushed to buy with steam then our future isn,t great in the gaming world.
It means buying retail is useless in future. :evil:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=15725

Nike-it
09-30-2010, 11:05 AM
I know exact how you feel Punderland. I have the same problem with the starwolves series. When you change hardware in your comp or format you HD you can only install the game 3 times. After that the game you bought is useless.
Only thing you can do is buy your games with steam. A game bought with steam don,t have this awfull protection.
But when you are thinking the same as me that don,t want to get pushed to buy with steam then our future isn,t great in the gaming world.
It means buying retail is useless in future. :evil:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=15725

You only need to deactivate the game before changing the hardware and then activate it again, and you will not loose the limit of installs. 3 acivations means only that you can install the game on 3 Pcs at the same time, you don't need to use new activation on the same PC when you reinstall the game.

laika
09-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Okies Nike-it,. Then plz explain how we can deactivate our games we bought as a trustfull costumer. I know battlefront has a unlicense system and works great. But i tryed it with SW3 but the only thing i can do is uninstall. I never find a option the deactivate first before i uninstall a retail or digital game bought with the 1c company

Nike-it
09-30-2010, 11:15 AM
Okies Nike-it,. Then plz explain how we can deactivate our games we bought as a trustfull costumer. I know battlefront has a unlicense system and works great. But i tryed it with SW3 but the only thing i can do is uninstall. I never find a option the deactivate first before i uninstall a retail or digital game bought with the 1c company

You can do it here: http://www.1cpublishing.eu/support/activation

laika
09-30-2010, 11:29 AM
Thx Nike-it this explains allot. Sorry. Only thing i need to figure out now is how to find my hardware code. In my case its not automatic generated after i put in my activation code. But now i know its possible to activate and deactivate

Nike-it
09-30-2010, 11:36 AM
Thx Nike-it this explains allot. Sorry. Only thing i need to figure out now is how to find my hardware code. In my case its not automatic generated after i put in my activation code. But now i know its possible to activate and deactivate

You can do it directly on your pc, just lauch the file protect.exe in the game folder and follow the instructions.