PDA

View Full Version : Death To Spies 3 in Development

Nike-it
06-10-2010, 07:50 AM
1C announces the development of a new chapter in the thrilling story about the invisible war behind enemy lines - Death to Spies 3 (http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/death-to-spies-3/overview). Once again players will meet Captain Strogov from the 4th department of the Soviet counterintelligence service named SMERSH.

World War II finished over 20 years ago but counterintelligence services have no time to rest. The Cold War took espionage to a completely new level, more secretive and complex.
The new missions will be even more intense and dangerous, but this time Captain Strogov is not alone. Two new playable characters – Strogov’s comrades: Viktor Kovalev and Olga Godunova-Lopes, each with unique skills and abilities, will help him defeat the enemy. The storyline brings players to different cities in North America, Cuba and Europe.

Key features:

• Brand new engine with support for the latest graphic technologies
• The first game of the series to be featured on PC and Xbox 360
• New time setting - Cold War
• Travel across the globe including North America, Cuba and Europe
• Three playable characters with different skills and abilities
• Manually switch between characters at any time
• New special abilities to eliminate enemies
• New high-tech gadgets
• Spy sense – a special game mode to aid in making tactical decisions
• Different mini-games such as lock-picking, poisoning beverages, etc

Boyarpunk
06-14-2010, 09:44 PM
• The first game of the series to be featured on PC and Xbox 360

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh :mad:

Hiltzaile
05-18-2011, 12:39 AM
What does this means exactly? :

Liz Shaw
05-18-2011, 02:48 AM

They announced they were going to add two new playable characters as well as Strogov, one of which is female (as far as I can tell). But it's been nearly a year since development was announced, and there have been no screenshots of said characters yet, so I don't know if they scrapped the idea or not. Have a closer look at the OP again:

World War II finished over 20 years ago but counterintelligence services have no time to rest. The Cold War took espionage to a completely new level, more secretive and complex.
The new missions will be even more intense and dangerous, but this time Captain Strogov is not alone. Two new playable characters – Strogov’s comrades: Viktor Kovalev and Olga Godunova-Lopes, each with unique skills and abilities, will help him defeat the enemy. The storyline brings players to different cities in North America, Cuba and Europe.

OSS
05-18-2011, 07:18 AM

If you ever played commandos series, you will get the idea..

ex. you have Strogov who can change clothes and you have Olga who can draw attention/speak with guards.. so you switch to Olga to speak with guard, then switch to Strogov to pass over guard or stealthy hit him from behind.. something like that..

you control all three characters, and can switch/use there abilities when they needed to accomplish objectives..

Hiltzaile
05-18-2011, 07:21 PM
and there have been no screenshots of said characters yet
Yes you're right.
If you ever played commandos series, you will get the idea..

ex. you have Strogov who can change clothes and you have Olga who can draw attention/speak with guards.. so you switch to Olga to speak with guard, then switch to Strogov to pass over guard or stealthy hit him from behind.. something like that..

you control all three characters, and can switch/use there abilities when they needed to accomplish objectives..

No, I never played commandos series, but i have a better idea now,

Thank you both.

Jason
06-21-2011, 02:00 PM

I never read that about the 3 different characters, not sure if I like that idea for this game.

Switch between characters sounds like Shadow Harvest: Phantom Ops :cool: