PDA

View Full Version : no loss mage, Im stuck!

clinek
06-09-2010, 08:20 PM
ok, ive beaten KB:AP with no losses as a mage and ive beaten KB:TL with minimal losses. There is one spot where i just cant figure out how to get by without any losses. The dwarven castle with demons is the only thing blocking my way. Normally, i would travel through the demon portal and get access to all the good items, all the good units, and all the good spells but lucky me, there is that one hero and another stack of units right in front of the gate. There is no way to beat either of them with no losses (ive tried) so the demon area is off limits at the moment. I have found very little useful units, (i found inquisiters but there are only 38 of them to hire which is useless) Nobody sold ice snake, gift, or any spell that would be useful. my units consist of Archmages (i dont really like them but they are actually much more useful than anything else) cannoneers, evil beholders, giants, and cyclopses. I i used higher level units so that i could implement "fear" to more enemy units. The castle doesn't have any archdemons, but it does have red dragons which are a pain in the ass to kill when you dont have ice snake. If anyone has a suggestion on what i should do, maybe a trick that im not aware of to get ahold of some more level 5 units, or anything that would help to get past this danm castle i would be great

Thanks

bladeking77
06-10-2010, 05:22 AM
I think I managed to go to Demonis, even when there were both Katana (That hero you mentioned), and a stack of unit's. I even got out safely. Also to mention I was 5th Level and didn't use Save/Load. What Level are you? If you're above 12, then you should be fine. Though that depends on whether you have Resurrection spell or not. As for which units to use, I'd suggest some Melee fighters as Archers have low defense and health (Especially Archmages).
Cyclops are okay and maybe if you have Giants somewhere, you can take them as well. As I think that Royal Snakes are one of the best Units there are, and there is a big chance you get lot's of them in Marshal Swamps. Also if you're going to Darion take some Guardsmen. As for the fifth army, take anything that suits you.
Hope this helped a little. :)

Razorflame
06-10-2010, 06:50 AM
lol don't listen to the poster above:)

some info about your level might be nice

and what spells u got

anyway if there a unit that got no retaliation*(for example an imp)

then a battle should be quite easy:)

if u got resu or gift spell
and magic spring

the thing is kill all except the no retalition stack

keep it on low numbers like 2-3

move a unit close to his attack range(speed 3)

cast magic spring on the unit and let all other units stand far away from it

then keep using the inqi for rage
and keep using mana balls

and use resu/gift to resu all army

then kill last stack
and easy win;)

some battles can be tedious and go over 40 rounds but np so long u got your army ressed back up!:D

bladeking77
06-10-2010, 07:42 AM
Did I say something wrong? First off, does "No Loss" mean that you end the game without losing a Single Unit??? Well, I never played for 0 losses, 'cause its hard to win 400+ Battles without losing a single unit. At some point, your luck fades and you lose few units. I suppose you guys would Load the Save before the battle and played it better next time, but I don't do that. I only played each battle only one time.
Now to important stuff. Your tactic with Magic Spring is useful, but it has flaws.
Clinek said that he didn't get Gift, and I presume he didn't get Resurrection either. If he however has Resurrection, then that's a different story and the tactic with Magic Spring is perfect. Also much of it depends on his Level, and whether the enemy has Imps or not.
If he However can't find nor Resurrection, nor Gift, nor Magic Spring, all I can Advice is using Lena for Protection, and taking Archers and Units with No Retaliation.

clinek
06-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Ok gentlemen, let me ellaborate a bit more. I do have gift, and i do have ressurection, but i just found ressurection so i dont have enough runes to get order magic level 3. As you know, the magic runes are easy to get but it can be difficult to pull 10 mind runes out of your ass. I am able to use ressurection now but only up to level 3 units which is not really that helpful. I also barely have any inquisitors because they simply didn't sell them anywhere so that ruins that logic.

bladeking, you said that you have managed to sneak by the two armies and sneak back out? I just want to make sure that it is possible and i wouldn't be wasting my time.

Razorflame, My spells are; slow, haste, fireball, fire arrow, magic spring, last hero, ressurection, fear, and pretty much all of the other basic spells. My fireball does around 3250 damage and im only level 14 so thats at least one good thing i have going. I presume if there aren't any "no retaliation enemies" i simply keep the archers alive and follow the same general strategy. The only problem with this is the dwarven castle does not allow this strategy to work. There is not one enemy unit who is an archer or has no retaliation. Its filled with dragons, fire spiders, demons, a big stack of swamp snakes, and demoness's. I could use lina but here is another problem, patch 1.7 for the game has disabled every shop, person, and house to activate in the above ground portion of the dwarven lands (everything works underground), including the electical thing that activates lina! This puts me in some shit because now i cant even use one of the spirtis of rage (the 2nd most useful spirit) and i cant see if anyone of the shops has any useful spells, units, ect. I dont want all of my effort to make it this far to be in vain so i refuse to restart the game.

Also, How the hell do i kill 11 red dragons in the dwarven castle and not lose a majority of my troops and then have to worry about the rest of the units? I fought the castle to how hard it would be and the dragons took out half my army in one turn! I can do the castle without red, or black dragons to fight but those groups just make it entirely too difficult. I have beaten this before and not had as much trouble. I think i just got the shit end of the stick in this game. If either of you have any more suggestions, i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, Kevin

Razorflame
06-11-2010, 12:01 AM
ahh it seems you have major flaws in your game;)

with some luck the demons can spawn imps(if your lucky)

but other than that it's also quite easy if u got a demoness

kill the fire dragons first nm the cost and keep the snake alive:)

then kill all except he snake

make sure 1 unit is at the end of the battle map
when snake comes close u switch places with that unit

and keep looping it untill u get enough mana to resu all your troops:)
it's easy as that ^^

and for the dragon

he ussualy flies to 1 spot
(assuming your first)(i mean u do got onslaught right)?

then place a trap on that spot
so the fire dragon won't shoot al all:)

and u can trash him with a poison skull and bash him later with rest of units

for that battle i would switch the cyclopses for royal snakes(they are level 3 and resurrectable:)

just make sure your giants and cannoneers stay alive:D

gg's

clinek
06-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Ok guys quick update, I managed to sneak by both of the armies and sneak back out with skill and grace. I picked up a everything i needed from demonis and i dominated the castle. I just used the invisibility+demon portal+magic spring. the battle ended with no losses and i had a full thing of mana :grin:.
If i have any more problems, ill post it here

BB Shockwave
06-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Just wondering, why did patch 1.7 block the dwarven shops for you? Is it a bug? If so I'd re-install the game and go with a lower patch.

Also, I wanted to suggest that since you are a mage, why not go around attacking smaller armies and use Hypnotize/Sacrfice to increase the number of your inquisitors? I am also playing as Mage on Hard, and some units like Necromancers and Black Knights are so scarce I can only use the above combination to get any new ones.

clinek
06-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Ok well i beat the game with zero losses. I ended up sneaking through to demonis and got ahold of some red dragons and fire rain. I used demon portal+invisibility+magic spring on the demons and beat the dwarven castle with ease. For Karador, i used green dragons+invisibility+(the initiative bonus spell)+ healing. That fight was really easy. For baal and xeona, i used the same technique except i used the astral blade instead of healing. For haas, i used a little bit of a different stategy. I used one stack of lake fairee's with angas ruby and cast armageddon for the first two spells, then cast time back to restore all of the fairee's. At this point, all of his army was dead except for 2 bone dragons, 6 ents, and 2 ogres. I killed the bone dragons with the fairee's and haas just kepts casting sheep, and pygmy and then for some stupid reason would cast hypnotize so the enemies would not attack until he only had 60 mana. what a moron ha ha. When i regained control of my troop, i killed the ents with fire arrow, ran to the other side of the battle field, and cast glots armor so his armageddon would not affect my troop. Sure enough, he cast armageddon and it did no damage thanks to glots armor. There was no only 1 ogre, 10 mana for haas, and a full stack of fairee's on my end :cool:. needless to say, i cast dispel so the fire damage would not kill any of my troops then i came in for the kill. How easy it is to win once you know the game mechanics. Anyways, in response to your question BB shockwave, it must have been the patch which disabled the towns, and lina. I guess that was just one more challenge to overcome. The dwarves suck anyways so it wasn't too much of a setback but not having lina or or any of the quest (including the pyramid for king faradors obelisk), as well as the geyser spell from the titans tear quest did set me back a bit. Now i just have to figure out how to baal and k'tahuu on KB:AP with no losses. If i can do that, i will consider myself a true champ

ludak021
09-20-2010, 04:33 AM
Now i just have to figure out how to baal and k'tahuu on KB:AP with no losses. If i can do that, i will consider myself a true champ

easy, get BK's, moro dark and helmet + shroud. GG (use evlin spell to replenish BK's). It is really silly to watch BKs do 25000+ criticals to K'thulu and ball...Make sure you hit K'thulus weak arm so he does not retaliate. You could also have fun with cursed ghosts single stack, just bare in mind that they can get out of control since they increase their stack number over the initial one ;) This means if you can have 150 of them, take only 100 of them into battle. If they go over 150 you loose :) (since it is your only stack)