PDA

View Full Version : Apeiron -Bankrupt? - Closing doors?

Harry Renquist
06-06-2010, 02:09 PM
http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://www.apeiron-games.ru/&ei=Fq4LTKHXCIOB8gaV18GPBw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBgQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dapeiron-games.ru%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3Dgyb%26sa%3DG%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26channel%3Ds

I don't read Russian but it seems like Apeiron is going bankrupt and closing their doors and website.

MoreDread
06-06-2010, 09:27 PM
what do you mean? i can only see news posts concerning their beta test and upcoming release of "Marauder"

Harry Renquist
06-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Goto
Forums on the left of the screen,
then
Aperyon-->Lastest News

MoreDread
06-08-2010, 09:48 PM
ah i see.. yea that looks like what google translates as "marauder" is gonna be their last game.. a shame really.

Kyle
06-09-2010, 12:28 AM
Yes, I have to agree, this is going to be a loss for those of us who enjoy the challenging nature of these kinds of titles.

My understanding is that Marauder is a much more linear experience than BE5 and 7.62, and with a more "streamlined" set of gamemechanics (in other words, not as sophisticated a range of tactical offerings).

Still, I've enjoyed BE5 and 7.62 enough that I would've been more than happy to give Marauder a try, and likely any such titles following.

MoreDread
06-09-2010, 02:59 AM
now if i got that right, they were at least considering giving the HLA team some help in releasing an english version of their mod... that would be at least prolonging the lifetime of 7.62 for a while.

as a modeler and animator, i really hope that there will be a way to edit the character meshes and animations of the game. that way i could get involved more deeply into modding it. if not i'll just have to stick to my own project and hope that i'll eventually be good enough to have at least some kind of success with it. sadly it seems that most software companies that create the games i like end up in bankruptcy.
interplay, troika games and of course sir-tech come to mind...

Dr.Q
06-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Wow this sucks :(

I've been following them since the first public BE5 demo with one playable sector - really love these tactical games.

I hope they can keep as much as possible of their "intellectual property" and some day do it right and carve a niche for these wonderful games. If it worked for games with big tank battles there has to be a way for squad tactical SPM too.

Always look on the bright side.. :-)