PDA

View Full Version : mission help in new jerusalem

Kothyxaan
06-06-2010, 01:44 PM
i have just got Greyhair in my team and just left the Beta Lethera 1

the main character says "it is too early to celebrate. we better reach a station..."

i get attacked by 4 MSF ships then

greyhair says he can change the motherships id but he can only do it once but we need to land on a station first

but no matter what i do, i cant leave the system or land on a station without the mothership getting destroyed (even with NO ENEMIES in sight) because of that stupid f*cking instant death scripting

(sorry for the language but that bloody instead death scripting is really annoying the hell out of me)

how the hell do i finish this mission?
or is there some way to get rid of the afforemention cr*p scripting

ps. i hope the game designers cut this kind of scripting out of any future games

wel... dont know how i did it, but i found out this is mission 7, messed with the script and cancelled the mothership autodestruct, :D, but still id like to know how to complete this legitametly

Hal2003
06-06-2010, 02:26 PM
not land station but you need dock him back to mother ship, he will change ID and all fractions in game will be again neutral (excluding pirates).

Trucidation
06-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Yeah, the script is kinda vague about this part.

Essentially, when you run from Beta Lethera 1, once you re-enter space, STOP. Leave Greyhair docked, let Hero and Ternie defend your mothership from the patrol which shows up (you need to let them get close and turn hostile, don't make the first move to attack). Remember, react, not act :)

After that encounter Greyhair will talk about fixing the ID. When he mentions "docked" he means HIMSELF docked on the mothership, not the mothership docked at a station. Just wait a while, he'll do it, and the dialog will continue.

I noticed that people who had a problem here were either (1) running somewhere immediately as soon as they enter the system, or (2) had Greyhair out flying. The key is to stay calm, don't lose your head, read the dialog carefully.

Edit:
It's also a good idea to leave game speed at realtime. Only use fast speed when you're travelling; if there's a dialog sequence it's best to let it play out at normal speed.

Kothyxaan
06-06-2010, 07:46 PM
it was that easy huh lol
thanks for your the help people, shame no ones made a walkthrough for this, itd save a lot hair pulling frustration o.O
although, maybe i just need to think more react less like Trucidation suggests

billshot1941
06-28-2010, 09:18 AM
Hi all, If I jump to New Jerusalem 3 they blow me up, Greyhair is on board butt have nothing to explain about ship ID, the mission log is empty. What are doing wrong or what is wrong whit Star Wolves 3

Best regard
billshot1941

Trucidation
06-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Do you get blown up as soon as you portal from Beta Lethera 1 to New Jerusalem 3? What was your last dialog, who was talking?