PDA

View Full Version : Flashing Black Box Driving Me Crazy PLZ HELP

Hunden
06-04-2010, 05:34 AM
I have searched the forum as to not ask a question that has already been answered but to no avail. I have set up 3 monitors in perfect mode and WOW!!! awsome but i have a left blinker signal stuck on or something.A black box taking up about a quarter of my left screen keeps winking at me. Is there a fix besides not running in perfect mode.

zapatista
06-04-2010, 02:54 PM
sadly i think there is no solution to that

its a bug of some sort, either in il2 itself or in the gfx card drivers. afaik nobody has ever been able to solve it (and by the time people started reporting it to oleg he was already working on BoB, so wasnt investing time in further bug fixes in the old game)

the only practical sugestion i have to reduce the irritation from the flikkering caused by the flashing box is to temporarily cover that part of the 3e monitor with something that hides the flikkering while you are playing il2. sad but true :|

Hunden
06-04-2010, 03:12 PM
thanks for the reply.

KG26_Alpha
06-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Use the search function on this forum and type

Matrox

You might find some help.

Wiskey-Charlie
06-07-2010, 09:42 PM
I have searched the forum as to not ask a question that has already been answered but to no avail. I have set up 3 monitors in perfect mode and WOW!!! awsome but i have a left blinker signal stuck on or something.A black box taking up about a quarter of my left screen keeps winking at me. Is there a fix besides not running in perfect mode.

Are you using the digital matrox box ?

What kind of graphics card do you have ?

What driver are you using ?

What dll file are you using in IL2 directory ?

I am running three monitors in perfect mode with no problems. So it can be done :wink:

striker
06-09-2010, 03:50 PM
The problem only occurs when you run in perfect mode and Use3Renders mode with 3 monitors. If you just want to span one view across 3 monitors you can run in perfect mode with no black box.

I prefer the 3 views and have just gotten used to the black box over the years.

Old_Canuck
06-10-2010, 06:54 AM
The problem only occurs when you run in perfect mode and Use3Renders mode with 3 monitors. If you just want to span one view across 3 monitors you can run in perfect mode with no black box.

I prefer the 3 views and have just gotten used to the black box over the years.

S! striker. Got time to help an old fart? You helped me a long time ago when I first set up Triplehead2go and things have been working well until re-installing IL2. and setting up Sans FOV changer.

Thanks to your post, I've just learned that Sans FOV changer will allow a more natural view at about 135 degrees field of view with use 3 renders at 0. Good to know. But the problem is the water turns black on perfect setting. All this time I've been blaming Sans FOV changer or triplehead2go but it's not. The water is still black with SFOV changer turned off and even with the resolution at 1024 x 768.

Any ideas offhand? If you have time to help I can PM the dxdiag and config.ini files.

striker
06-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Hi Old_Canuck! I can try to help you out. Go ahead and PM me the info and I'll take a look.

S!

Old_Canuck
06-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Hi Old_Canuck! I can try to help you out. Go ahead and PM me the info and I'll take a look.

S!

AWESOME! :grin: I'll get to work on this right away. No pressure either. I just appreciate the hope. The solution will come eventually. Now that IL2 spans 3 displays without having the nose in the gunsight (thanks to that Sans app.) there's hope of running comfortably in perfect mode.

Old_Canuck
06-10-2010, 11:33 PM
... at winehq. "HardwareShaders=0
Must be 1 to activate Perfect mode. " Might have missed this line. Will check it tonight after work.

EDIT: set HardwareShaders+1 and still black water.

ReEDIT: striker let me try one more thing before you waste any time on this. I'm finding information all of a sudden. Next attempt will be to go back to the 84.21 driver.

FINAL EDIT: 84.21 drivers = fail. Thanks for the offer to help striker but it's a waste of both our time. Real life is once again getting in the way of my hobby :-)