PDA

View Full Version : Off-Road Drive in Development

Sneaksie
06-03-2010, 09:54 AM
1C Company is proud to announce the development of Off-Road Drive (http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/off-road-drive-pc/overview) - the racing simulation for PC and Xbox 360.

Off-Road Drive is the first game ever to deliver a true-to-life, off-road, extreme racing experience. Players will take part in The Russian trophy, Off-Road Trial, Thai Trophy and many other events through the worst driving conditions with a variety of natural obstacles like swamps, rocks, snow and sand.
No other game features this variety of off-road sport vehicles including tuned stock SUVs and trucks, as well as several classes of prototypes specifically built for off-road driving. The vehicles can be equipped with an assortment of special cross-country equipment and accessories including winches, low gear, differential gear locking, GPS, clinometer, altimeter, tire air pressure control, sand tracks, etc.

To re-create the unique experience of the off-road competitions in the computer game the innovational system of interactive surfaces was developed. Not only the friction level between the wheels and the ground changes depending on a surface type, but the surface itself is being affected by the passing vehicle. For example, dense mud will spread and the vehicle may bog down; a car will leave rut in a soft ground and may start skidding in it; grass will be torn out by tire treads, leaving slippery soil patches. All this helps to simulate specific (but very important for cross-country driving simulation) effects like skidding and sideslip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rir9dmX_2X4

general solomon
06-03-2010, 10:10 PM
when will this be ready???

do you have any screenshots or videos?

i love the uaz game mechanics more like than the hummer game. I just hope this version has a more authentic damage system for those 4x4 gamers that want a realistic off road simulator.

keep up the good work 1c.

I found this on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEDQ-1LLwjE

if this is what the game is going to be like, please put me down for a pre-order.

general solomon
06-04-2010, 06:35 AM
here is another video i found from the russian website dedicated to this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3khzLa0w7I&feature=player_embedded#at=15

this is game looks amazing. I just hope its not too arcadie.

general solomon
07-14-2010, 05:34 AM
Off-Road Driveis the first game ever to deliver a true-to-life, off-road, extreme racing experience. Players will take part in The Russian trophy, Off-Road Trial, Thai Trophy and many other events through the worst driving conditions with a variety of natural obstacles like swamps, rocks, snow and sand.

i hope your right. if by true to life you mean blowing out your tires and breaking an axle , then you will have the best off road game out there.

uaz and hummer does not have true to life damage physics. it is nearly impossible to blow out tire in those games.

KCvale
09-01-2010, 03:55 PM
I am looking forward to giving a little input on this games features during development.
I first did this back in 1997 with Monster Truck Madness 2 made by Terminal Reality Inc (TRI).
I went on to help TRI develop 4x4 Evolution and finally 4x4 Evo 2.

I can't say enough about TRI, they had a great development team that listened to people, and that made for games that still are active and played to this day. I hope 1C-Avalon is the same way.

I worked with other developers over the years as well, they weren't so good.
Grand Raid Rally by Asobo for example never even made it to demo, and Cross Racing Championship 2005 by graphsim which launched to market but flopped miserably because of copy protection so obtrusive it messed with peoples PCs, and they didn't listen to any suggestions by people that buy and play these games of what they want two name just a couple.

I hope 1C-Avalon is not like them.
Been there, seen that.

It even soured me from offering any help to any game for a a few years, but I see the potential Off-Road Drive and have forum based off-road PC game web sites with tens of thousands of members, hundreds that visit weekly, that are longing for a great off-road game that will take advantage of their powerful gaming PC's abilities.

Since this is a new forum for this game I'll start a 'wish list' topic.
I cross my fingers 1C-Avalon reads and responds to it ;-}

RacinKing
09-01-2010, 10:43 PM
The game looks very awesome and i cannot wait to see more. I hope this game gets released soon.

chinook4411
09-03-2010, 03:57 PM
1C

I have followed the development of Full Drive 3 (or Off road Drive 3, or 4x4 3, or Four Wheel Drive 3 [why so many names for this one game circulating out there?]) for a few years now, and know of the struggle your development team went through to actually get it out to the public. I know you want this game to be a huge success, and it COULD be your biggest game. If you want this to happen, please, for the love of God, listen to KC Vale. No one has a better handle on what will make an off road game live forever than KC!

For my part I hope you have really solid force feedback wheel support, some kind of free roam multiplayer options, solid physics (maybe arcade and sim modes), and most importantly allow the modding community at least access to the game code to mod/ create vehicles and environments. Even better would be to develop actual tools for talented modders to make the game more expansive.

Oh, and please release the damn thing in the US widely so it's EASY for us to give you money for it.

We can make this game live FOREVER if you let us.

KC, if you are reading this, I remember your enthusiasim with Asobo and Grand Raid Off Road, and subequent disgust over it's demise. You know that it turned into the biggest wasted opportunuty in all of gaming, "Fuel", right? That amazing open world, ruined by (what I imagine) some corporate drones wanting it to be more edgy to attract the 15 year olds. "Let's turn it into Mad Max - The Game"!

With the history Avalon has with the full drive series, I think they are less likely to dissapoint. Leta cross fingers, and support these fantastic and obviously dedicated coders.

Chinook

KCvale
09-07-2010, 12:06 AM
KC, if you are reading this, I remember your enthusiasim with Asobo and Grand Raid Off Road, and subequent disgust over it's demise. You know that it turned into the biggest wasted opportunuty in all of gaming, "Fuel", right? That amazing open world, ruined by (what I imagine) some corporate drones wanting it to be more edgy to attract the 15 year olds. "Let's turn it into Mad Max - The Game"!

With the history Avalon has with the full drive series, I think they are less likely to dissapoint. Leta cross fingers, and support these fantastic and obviously dedicated coders.
ChinookYa bud, we have sure had out share of 'fancy hype trailer' disappointments over the years.

Even the ones that actually made it to market like CRC flopped.

I have no choice but to take this game with a grain of salt too.
No developer input at all so far is usually a bad sign.

(shrugs) I've worked with the best and the worst.
I'll know what 3C-Avalon is in a week or so.

KCvale
09-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Still nothing from the devlopers. (sigh)

If we need to chalk this one up as yet another fancy trailer video but no real game so be it.

Off-roader
09-09-2010, 12:14 PM
I've read all yours posts and I saw a lot of concerns in them. And it is great to see people who really interested in Off-Road games, as we are!

I represent 1C-Avalon.
We gave a huge 4x4 game community in Russia (on russian forum and social networks), and I assure you that community' opinions really matter to the company.
Through the whole 4x4 Game Series we interacted with our community and with their help we have been developing the games for about 5 years.
10 projects of the game series (including different add-ons) were released in Russia.
The title Off-Road Drive is the next significant step in the developing of 4x4 simulatiors for the company.

Now I am preparing smth like FAQ to what I read here, and as it ready I'll post it here. Also, I'll post here some new screens and video. So feel free to ask me anything about the game, together we can identify what features need to be explained more detailed, and maybe I ll make some special articles on them.

Carter
09-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Cant Wait for this game to be released but i am a little confused about the release date.. :confused:

Everywhere seems to say Q4 2010 but now on the 1C Website it says Q2 2011.

has the date been put back?

KCvale
09-11-2010, 05:43 PM
I've read all yours posts and I saw a lot of concerns in them. And it is great to see people who really interested in Off-Road games, as we are!

I represent 1C-Avalon...

Now I am preparing smth like FAQ to what I read here, and as it ready I'll post it here. Also, I'll post here some new screens and video. So feel free to ask me anything about the game, together we can identify what features need to be explained more detailed, and maybe I ll make some special articles on them.Sweet ;-}
Of course a Russian based company is going to cater to it's crowd first, just consider me the completely unofficial spokesmen for the US and Canada.

My 'Wish List' topic here has most everything we would really like to see.

Off-roader
09-24-2010, 01:24 AM
Well here it is. If you want more information, plese ask!

Release date
Q2 2011.

Manual car settings
This kind of tool is in plan, but I can’t say any details.

Different brands of cars
There will be several tuned cars on the basis of Wrangler and some other famous cars, but we don’t have the right to use their brands. So there would be very familiar vehicles with different names.

Damage system
This system is under construction, so we hope to make extended damage system with diverse characteristics. Different damage will cause different effects on the vehicle, and ,of course, we work on the visualization of such damages - the scratches, dents etc.

Sound
The sound that you heard in the video is not in the final quality. It will be set up in a high quality soon. And also we plan to make the unique sound of an engine in each vehicle.

Free-roam
You will have to run your vehicle within the certain limited tracks, but there will be areas when you are free to choose the better turn, or the alternative route. And in some cases it will help you to finish with better result. But in other you will be punished, depending on the rules of the championship.

Return button
It works automatically only if there is no possibility to get out when you stuck. And you can use it any time when you think that it is better to return.

Multiplayer
There will be multiplayer mode (LAN and Internet hosting as well).

Duel “1x1” mode
There will be special Twin-track mode, when 2 players run the same time. Also there will be possibility of duel in Sprints and Trials.

System requirements
They are standard, as requirements for games with Unreal Engine 3.
And it is preferable to use Nvidia card.

Championship locations
During the game you will participate in the off-road championships in the Thailand, Malasia, Russia, Africa, and North America

Tracks with snow, and different kinds of quests in the game, and Game Editor
These issues are not in the plan, but we may return to them when we done others. And if have got the idea what is the better way these features should be realized, please write me.

Plese join us on Facebook _ http://www.facebook.com/offroadgame

Carter
09-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the info :) Cant wait. Just one thing... is the free mode online?

Wojtass
10-03-2010, 08:47 AM
I hope, that off-road drive won't go by eoad of development of Rig'n'Roll, when date of publish was still moving far away, and yet many of pc-gaming magazines in Poland thinks, that something goes wrong on road of evolution og R'N'R.
I won't ask you if Q2 of 2011 is finally date, cause everybody know realities of games and no one will provide date of publishing correct

dozer
10-04-2010, 10:00 AM
well thats a real pitty that free roam exploring is not available????? this has to be the most bizzar choice i have ever seen!

A 4wding/offroad game that is limmited to tracks even in a non race environment? you guys need to employ some thinkers:confused:

Even UAZ has a explore mode where you can just go and drive without penalties so why would you go backwards:!:

The funny thing is that so far 4wding in grand theaft auto still sounds better and its not even a 4wding game :mad:

badjer777
10-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Yes, I too think that free roam would be an important criteria for a 4x4 game.

Carter
10-11-2010, 08:06 PM
ye agree about the free mode. isnt one of the main ideas of offroad that i love, is being able to go where ever you want? tarmac or not?

matter432
10-13-2010, 02:43 AM
what does Q2 2011 mean

Off-roader
10-15-2010, 01:08 AM
q2 - Apr-Jun 2011

themuppet
10-16-2010, 08:49 AM
hi beeen montering these forums for a while any way decided to regester to the forums so this post is my first

i agree with previous post any good offroad game needs a free roam

rocketman501
11-10-2010, 05:32 AM
i did notice some of youtube user got the demo

Off-roader
11-18-2010, 05:39 AM
On November 9th the Russian Demo version was posted on the Internet.

Krazee DD
11-23-2010, 06:35 PM
An informative post for a newcomer.

I will reiterate what some others have said in a nicer fashion. We NEED free roam, if this means a delay I am sure all will take it. This alone will sell the game. We as console gamers use other games like Halo 3 and Reach as well as any other game that has 4x4 vehicles to fulfill our 4x4 needs, thes this BEAST of a game is about to release with no multiplayer free roam.

I would drop my $60 for a completely non structured game that was just an open map where I could rock crawl, bog, hill climb etc... on. I hope this help tack on the massive need for free roam.

bboywampa
12-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Amen to that! :)

Goosey
12-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Same here, no free roam would spoil this game for me and many others i would imagine

Krazee DD
01-12-2011, 08:31 AM
here is another video i found from the russian website dedicated to this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3khzLa0w7I&feature=player_embedded#at=15

this is game looks amazing. I just hope its not too arcadie.

Whoa! I have never seen that one. It showed great articulation and hopefully a little of what the in game replay feature is all about.

mreyeball
01-13-2011, 07:31 PM
really cant wait for this! looks absolutely amazing.
will there be an english version of the FULL GAME?
if so, once its released where can i buy it from.
thanks

Krazee DD
01-13-2011, 08:30 PM
really cant wait for this! looks absolutely amazing.
will there be an english version of the FULL GAME?
if so, once its released where can i buy it from.
thanks

Yes on the English release. On Xbox 360 and PC. All we know is Q2.

mreyeball
01-14-2011, 08:18 AM
Yes on the English release. On Xbox 360 and PC. All we know is Q2.

thanks mate. nice sig pic, what game is it from?

Krazee DD
01-14-2011, 04:15 PM
thanks mate. nice sig pic, what game is it from?

Both are screenshots from THIS game. Off Road Drive.

Krazee DD
02-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Well with all the realease info and whatnot coming from Dirt3......I WANT SOME ORD SCREENSHOTS!!!!

Loves 2 Jacket
02-05-2011, 08:49 PM
I want at least a demo date for the 360!

Krazee DD
02-05-2011, 09:05 PM
I want at least a demo date for the 360!

Shit. We don't even have a release date son.

I'm really getting worried that this will be a load of crap, but I'm in for the long run.

No dev support here or anywhere. Just silence. No word on the engine sounds and the birds being louder than the petrols. Hmmm?

Loves 2 Jacket
02-24-2011, 12:20 AM
It's pretty much march, so i'm assuming no Demo for Feb. I would hate to follow this game for a year and get nothing out of it.

ShawnK116
02-24-2011, 01:50 AM
It's pretty much march, so i'm assuming no Demo for Feb. I would hate to follow this game for a year and get nothing out of it.

are you referring to offroad drive or dirt 3?
sorry for dropping in not knowing exactly whats being talked about...:mad:

Loves 2 Jacket
02-24-2011, 02:21 AM
No problem, I was talking about offroad drive. I'll be getting Dirt 3 though.

Off-roader
02-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Sound in the game.

The engine and environment sounds have been upgraded in Russian version with last patch. As for English version, it is significantly upgraded and improved since the last demo.

Tips and HUD.

You are able to turn off all the tips and HUD during the race.

Russian Add-on.

All Add-on's features of the Russian version will be included in English release. (Screens and information will be soon).

Release date for Demo.

Hopefully, The end of March - the begining of April (publisher confirmation is needed).

Krazee DD
02-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Sound in the game.

The engine and environment sounds have been upgraded in Russian version with last patch. As for English version, it is significantly upgraded and improved since the last demo.

Tips and HUD.

Russian Add-on.

All Add-on's features of the Russian version will be included in English release. (Screens and information will be soon).

Release date for Demo.

Hopefully, The end of March - the begining of April (publisher confirmation is needed).

Now THAT!......Is a great post. Epicness involved with ALL of it!

ShawnK116
02-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Sound in the game.

Tips and HUD.

Russian Add-on.

Release date for Demo.

glad to finally see some kind of feed back
i guess we will see in time if their words hold true.wish i hope they do for their sakes cause i am sure fans are getting tired of getting hopes up for nothing.

EDIT: "it is significantly upgraded and improved since the last demo."
is there a new demo we can download or a way to update/patch the current demo we have
though i cant say what demo version i have cause in game on the main menu is says VERSION on the bottom right i think but next to it,it is blank????

SuzukiSamurai
02-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Sound in the game.

Tips and HUD.

Russian Add-on.

Release date for Demo.

Glad we got mail. :grin: What about the sounds? You hear the difference between a petrol and a diesel engine or what did you guys change?

Off-roader
02-28-2011, 08:59 PM
There is no new demo version yet.
There were 2 demos before: one specially for exhibitions as E3 (summer 2010), that you could see it on youtube video. And Russian demo (November 2010).

ShawnK116
02-28-2011, 09:05 PM
There is no new demo version yet.
There were 2 demos before: one specially for exhibitions as E3 (summer 2010), that you could see it on youtube video. And Russian demo (November 2010).

well i guess i have the demo from 2010 >.< they should release a file pack that you simply do a switch of files so you can have the newer sounds and stuff for the demo or make a new demo release with the new files or my favorite just release a patch/update for the demo to satisfy us till we can get our hands on the full game.

Off-roader
03-01-2011, 12:26 AM
Glad we got mail. :grin: What about the sounds? You hear the difference between a petrol and a diesel engine or what did you guys change?

Unique sounds for different engines was added.

Krazee DD
03-01-2011, 02:06 AM

Dude.....for real. Ya your posting some epic answers, but you just posting instills a lot of support from us, the "buyers".

So it means a lot and I hope yup keep it up. Even if it's just checking in. Us gamers need it.

Rock on and thanks bro.

Loves 2 Jacket
03-01-2011, 06:51 AM
So does that March/April demo date include Xbox 360? That would be sweet!

SuzukiSamurai
03-01-2011, 10:56 PM

I just got a boner! :lol: Ok, sounds good! :D

Krazee DD
03-01-2011, 11:26 PM
I just got a boner! :lol: Ok, sounds good! :D

My reaction as well.

Now I hope they are louder than the birds!!!!!

TurbloCummins
03-02-2011, 06:38 AM
Oh man hopefully the diesel blow a little black smoke too when revving them puppies up =D i know my cummins loves to share a lil smoke when i put it to the floor!

Loves 2 Jacket
03-02-2011, 07:57 AM
Oh man hopefully the diesel blow a little black smoke too when revving them puppies up =D i know my cummins loves to share a lil smoke when i put it to the floor!

I'm not a big fan of "rolling coal"

TurbloCummins
03-02-2011, 07:59 AM
Some people don't! I mean my truck doesnt just roal coal like some diesels but if i give it enough go juice it makes a little poof just cause its tuned up a bit.

Loves 2 Jacket
03-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Thats fine, I see what you're saying. I just think it's retarded when guys spend the extra money just to get as much black smoke as possible.

TurbloCummins
03-02-2011, 08:07 AM
haha mines not tuned like that, i got mine beefed up for towning trailers and hauling car trailers around! At first when i got it i wanted it to just puke but after awhile i realized id probly break more then it was worth spending the money on!

SuzukiSamurai
03-02-2011, 03:12 PM
What about the rpms? Diesel can go max 4500 and petrol like 8000? What about that? Or are they all petrol engines?

Krazee DD
03-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Thats fine, I see what you're saying. I just think it's retarded when guys spend the extra money just to get as much black smoke as possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfYWcAz1tyU

TurbloCummins
03-02-2011, 07:50 PM
What about the rpms? Diesel can go max 4500 and petrol like 8000? What about that? Or are they all petrol engines?

A cummins motor in a dodge has a max of 3200rpms unless tuned for racing they can get into the 4k range

dozer
03-03-2011, 11:14 PM
3200 RPM???? wow, i can rev my TD 4 cyl 2.8 hilux running 13 psi boost to about 4 1/2thou RPM, not much good over 4 grand though.

SuzukiSamurai
03-04-2011, 06:38 PM
3200 RPM???? wow, i can rev my TD 4 cyl 2.8 hilux running 13 psi boost to about 4 1/2thou RPM, not much good over 4 grand though.

Yeah, my dad his 2.8 tdi Nissan can get up to 4.5 too.

TurbloCummins
03-04-2011, 07:59 PM

Haha yea, ill take my low rpm beast. How much power does the 2.8 put down cause im trying to find a small diesel for my d50 wheeler

SuzukiSamurai
03-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Haha yea, ill take my low rpm beast. How much power does the 2.8 put down cause im trying to find a small diesel for my d50 wheeler

My dad his Nissan Teranno 2 has a 2.8 tdi, open exhaust system (sounds really nice), K&N air filter and is chipped too. Has around 170 hp and only needs 11 seconds or so to 100 km/h. Only too bad the gearbox is f*cked up every 100,000 km.. :p Clutch still works fine after 300.000 km. :)

MrTorino351
03-06-2011, 03:38 AM
Hey guys, just playing the demo, seems ok...Buuut a few things concern me.

the car seems to not have enough weight to it, it doesnt give you the feeling that it has much mass.

it is to hard to roll over as well, thrashing around at speed turning sharply over hills should see it flip over... i should be nervous to thrash it around the track in fear of tipping it over.

the car should not reset itself.. if i want it to sit upside down for a hour, or be stuck hoplessly somewhere,i should be able to,not have the car just flip over by itself like a playstation 1 arcade racer

in 2wd without lockers engages,there is still to much traction,in the mud terrain, i can get through nearly all the level in 2wd(except for that fun boggy mud) without the rear diff locked,it should be opening up 1 wheel then trying to spin 2 then 1 again,the engine doesnt even have enough power to spin the rear wheels in 2L properly.

when you let the tyres down,you should be able to get them to be flat,or near flat,i let the tyres all the way down and they were barely bagged out.

with the lockers, not sure if its me or the demo,but i cant lock front and rear diffs independantly,that has to change. someone let me know if im missing something :)

free roam has to be included,surely you could have at least 1 level that lets you just explore and climb big mud hills and rocks, if there isnt some sort of free roam,i dont think i will be buying it,and iv had 4 of my friends say the same thing,im sure everyone else interested in this game feels the same way.

also damage is a must,proper damage, doesnt have to have good visual damage, mechanical damage is the key... like popping a tyre of the bead, damaging a locker from engaging/disengaging under load or being silly. over heating from revving its box off, maybe even a petrol engined car running off a couple of cylinders from driving through too deep water?

Those are just a couple of my observations :) great game though... i hope the coil sprung cars wobble around and bounce more

Cheers

juggernaut
03-27-2011, 09:48 PM
Hey guys, just playing the demo, seems ok...Buuut a few things concern me.

the car seems to not have enough weight to it, it doesnt give you the feeling that it has much mass.

it is to hard to roll over as well, thrashing around at speed turning sharply over hills should see it flip over... i should be nervous to thrash it around the track in fear of tipping it over.

the car should not reset itself.. if i want it to sit upside down for a hour, or be stuck hoplessly somewhere,i should be able to,not have the car just flip over by itself like a playstation 1 arcade racer

in 2wd without lockers engages,there is still to much traction,in the mud terrain, i can get through nearly all the level in 2wd(except for that fun boggy mud) without the rear diff locked,it should be opening up 1 wheel then trying to spin 2 then 1 again,the engine doesnt even have enough power to spin the rear wheels in 2L properly.

when you let the tyres down,you should be able to get them to be flat,or near flat,i let the tyres all the way down and they were barely bagged out.

with the lockers, not sure if its me or the demo,but i cant lock front and rear diffs independantly,that has to change. someone let me know if im missing something :)

free roam has to be included,surely you could have at least 1 level that lets you just explore and climb big mud hills and rocks, if there isnt some sort of free roam,i dont think i will be buying it,and iv had 4 of my friends say the same thing,im sure everyone else interested in this game feels the same way.

also damage is a must,proper damage, doesnt have to have good visual damage, mechanical damage is the key... like popping a tyre of the bead, damaging a locker from engaging/disengaging under load or being silly. over heating from revving its box off, maybe even a petrol engined car running off a couple of cylinders from driving through too deep water?

Those are just a couple of my observations :) great game though... i hope the coil sprung cars wobble around and bounce more

Cheers

yep yep

DCD4X4
05-03-2011, 12:43 AM
so ive been reading, and researching and reading some more and still researching even more and im really concerned as to why free roam hasnt been put into this game. you cannot give me a legitimate reason as to why this game has no free roam. 3/4 of the posts on this section of the forum are dying for free roam. retarted games that have no business being called "offroad" games have free roam. after reading the description of the game on the website i was super stoked, started scrolling down and was confused as to why free roaming wasnt in the features list. ill be strait with 1C. if it comes out and theres no free roam at LEAST on mulitplayer online for 360 and PC ill still play it...but ill be renting it. not purchasing it. and im sure others can relate to what im saying. you want the game to take off more than ever? announce free roam, everyone will gladly wait a little longer to have a solid free roaming portion of the game, i know i would.

but what does my opinion matter...im just 1 of about a billion consumers who share the same feeling about this game...(who ultimately make this game sink or float.)

other than that, this game is sick.

SuzukiSamurai
05-03-2011, 06:57 AM
so ive been reading, and researching and reading some more and still researching even more and im really concerned as to why free roam hasnt been put into this game. you cannot give me a legitimate reason as to why this game has no free roam. 3/4 of the posts on this section of the forum are dying for free roam. retarted games that have no business being called "offroad" games have free roam. after reading the description of the game on the website i was super stoked, started scrolling down and was confused as to why free roaming wasnt in the features list. ill be strait with 1C. if it comes out and theres no free roam at LEAST on mulitplayer online for 360 and PC ill still play it...but ill be renting it. not purchasing it. and im sure others can relate to what im saying. you want the game to take off more than ever? announce free roam, everyone will gladly wait a little longer to have a solid free roaming portion of the game, i know i would.

but what does my opinion matter...im just 1 of about a billion consumers who share the same feeling about this game...(who ultimately make this game sink or float.)

Screamer 4x4 had free roam, was a great game! I just bought it for the free roam.

DCD4X4
05-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Screamer 4x4 had free roam, was a great game! I just bought it for the free roam.

true, i heard that was a really fun one. but this only proves my point more. people will buy a game just for the free roam.

i think ill make a topic with voting to see how people feel. the thing is, i dont know if the designers even come on here anymore.

SuzukiSamurai
05-03-2011, 02:08 PM
true, i heard that was a really fun one. but this only proves my point more. people will buy a game just for the free roam.

i think ill make a topic with voting to see how people feel. the thing is, i dont know if the designers even come on here anymore.

Haha, the designers haven't been here for what? 3 months?? And the forum is getting killed too by this silence. I'm sick of being here on the forum and posting stuff and not getting any answers or response. 1C has the worst fan approachement ever! But I hope they'll give the full 100% for the game then and please, I beg you again and again, put the freaking free roam in it! Even Screamer 4x4 had it and that was like what? 11 years ago? The game looks good but just try to listen to us devs. :)

Krazee DD
05-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Only reason I'm still on Here is to talk off road.

Their Facebook is dead as well as the boards and the game isn't even out. Blows my mind.

SuzukiSamurai
05-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Only reason I'm still on Here is to talk off road.

Their Facebook is dead as well as the boards and the game isn't even out. Blows my mind.

Yeah, but I bet if I say something bad again I'll get a permanent ban in less then an hour!

Patblacktj
05-04-2011, 07:45 PM

I agree and disagree with you. YES this game would be much better with free roam, anyone who says otherwise is just plain wrong. However I've been waiting for a decent 4x4 game for such a long ass time that I would be perfectly content with this game without free roam. Since 1c continues to withhold any info on an xbox 360 demo or release date, that I (and I know I'm not alone on this) am becoming pretty concerned as to wether or not the U.S. or even anyone will ever see a finished product of this game. Yea I want free roam, but the way I see it if 1c is having as much trouble as they apparently are getting this game on the market as it is now, than attempting to add a well functioning free roam could lead to the total abandonment of this game. No one wants that. Free roam or not, I'm purchasing my copy. I just want to hear of, see, and at some point experience first hand some progress on this game.

SuzukiSamurai
05-04-2011, 08:27 PM
I agree and disagree with you. YES this game would be much better with free roam, anyone who says otherwise is just plain wrong. However I've been waiting for a decent 4x4 game for such a long ass time that I would be perfectly content with this game without free roam. Since 1c continues to withhold any info on an xbox 360 demo or release date, that I (and I know I'm not alone on this) am becoming pretty concerned as to wether or not the U.S. or even anyone will ever see a finished product of this game. Yea I want free roam, but the way I see it if 1c is having as much trouble as they apparently are getting this game on the market as it is now, than attempting to add a well functioning free roam could lead to the total abandonment of this game. No one wants that. Free roam or not, I'm purchasing my copy. I just want to hear of, see, and at some point experience first hand some progress on this game.

Problems getting this game on the market? Tuff Country (Krazee DD) made them an offer or something so they could provide the game on big 4x4 events in the USA. And about the free roam, this game will make it. I play Screamer 4x4 once and a while, if I'm really really bored, just add some cheats etc. and I can drive all cars free roam.

Krazee DD
05-04-2011, 11:25 PM
Problems getting this game on the market? Tuff Country (Krazee DD) made them an offer or something so they could provide the game on big 4x4 events in the USA. And about the free roam, this game will make it. I play Screamer 4x4 once and a while, if I'm really really bored, just add some cheats etc. and I can drive all cars free roam.

Ya. We even offered to pay good money to help with the development. All they would have to do is change some text and add some in game stickers.

We were talking and then emails just stopped.

Loves 2 Jacket
05-05-2011, 04:43 AM
These douchebags need to hurry and get this game released or at least give us an update

SuzukiSamurai
05-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Ya. We even offered to pay good money to help with the development. All they would have to do is change some text and add some in game stickers.

We were talking and then emails just stopped.

These douchebags need to hurry and get this game released or at least give us an update

I really don't care anymore. Probably another game manufacturer will come up with an off road game twice as good and will have FREE ROAM.

Minikeum
05-28-2011, 12:59 AM
Does someone know if 1C have a booth at the E3 event in 2 weeks ? if they do, maybe we'll have some news !?

Krazee DD
07-30-2011, 03:04 PM
1c......you guys gonna announce anything?

vortex3197
07-30-2011, 10:06 PM
i have been looking at this game for a while now and i find it very awesome but theres on flaw for me no free roaming um can you say boring... no adventure 1c it would be great (comming from a BUYER) if you could take the extra time to ad a free roam to the game. And possibly release it asap!

weightofast
08-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Hey guys, been watching this for a while, cant wait for the game, but where can i find this american demo? I found the russian one but that will be very hard to play hahahaa.

weightofast
08-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Ya so i guess the best way to learn russian is to play the rusian demo.... where could i find the american demo? :confused:

weightofast
08-01-2011, 07:19 PM
I have confirmation of a realease date of september 2011

SuzukiSamurai
08-01-2011, 08:12 PM
I have confirmation of a realease date of september 2011

No american demo. Only the russian version, someone made a mod for the demo with english translations, try to search on the forum. They abandonned us! -.-'

weightofast
08-01-2011, 08:53 PM
No i mean a realese date for the game itself, its set for september 2011, next month.

Raw Kryptonite
08-02-2011, 06:00 PM
To go with weightofast's post:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Foffroadgames.ru%2Fnews%2Fsezon_bezd orozhja_otkroetsja_osenju%2F2011-07-02-492

weightofast
08-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Wow, its great to be right, but its better to know the game is actually comeing out :D This is so awsome!!!! Thanks for backing me up man. :cool:

DCD4X4
08-22-2011, 02:06 AM
so how do we pre order it? i cant find anyone saying they will be getting it, or have heard of it.

SuzukiSamurai
08-22-2011, 10:37 AM
so how do we pre order it? I cant find anyone saying they will be getting it, or have heard of it.

they forgot us.

weightofast
08-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Well, its the 22nd, have we been let down again? Or will the game come out now? I am waiting and watching.

SuzukiSamurai
08-22-2011, 04:49 PM
Well, its the 22nd, have we been let down again? Or will the game come out now? I am waiting and watching.

You don't need to watch and wait anymore. They will not even answer us within 10000 years. They kept asking what features the game needed. They just never listened so I really don't care. The only reason I am answering is because I could these stupid notification mails. -_-'

weightofast
08-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Release date:

30th September 2011

Posted on the website, http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/off-road-drive-pc/overview

Im still waiting to see what this game has to offer in full release.

weightofast
08-28-2011, 12:44 PM
2 More days till the realese, will it realy come out? Talk about anticipation.

Krazee DD
08-28-2011, 03:07 PM
2 More days till the realese, will it realy come out? Talk about anticipation.

Hmmmm, you should look a calendar. We got another month.

Krazee DD
08-28-2011, 03:17 PM
Can we get official word on if this is still for xbox or not in the states?

It's not going to hurt ANYTHING.

If it's a no, then o well, stop getting our hopes up and pissing us off.

Let's hear something. :mad:

weightofast
08-28-2011, 07:26 PM
Yep, im that smart ^^...... nice one..... >.<

luke gr
08-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Hi to all! Just registered In these forums to catch up with the latest news about the game.
I am basically a rally gamer but somehow this game got my attention.;)
Been watching gameplay videos on youtube and I think there must has been
a great work from the developers on the game.
Not Into off road but I Intent to get this game, because It doesn't look so arcade as others.
And the tracks designing looks so adventurous and detailed.
Got the demo-russian version-but didn't enjoyed It much since I played It on keyboard.
Is there an English version, so to adjust the controls with my game pad?

Cheers!

SuzukiSamurai
08-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Hi to all! Just registered In these forums to catch up with the latest news about the game.
I am basically a rally gamer but somehow this game got my attention.;)
Been watching gameplay videos on youtube and I think there must has been
a great work from the developers on the game.
Not Into off road but I Intent to get this game, because It doesn't look so arcade as others.
And the tracks designing looks so adventurous and detailed.
Got the demo-russian version-but didn't enjoyed It much since I played It on keyboard.
Is there an English version, so to adjust the controls with my game pad?

Cheers!

The devs probably hate their english fans. They left us on this forum. It's already dead for 6 months now.

barnestah
08-30-2011, 06:49 PM
The devs probably hate their english fans. They left us on this forum. It's already dead for 6 months now.

That's a shame as I think there would be many UK users very interested in this if they only knew about it.

SuzukiSamurai
08-30-2011, 07:29 PM
That's a shame as I think there would be many UK users very interested in this if they only knew about it.

America would be interested, whole Europe would be interested...

sandking
09-17-2011, 01:09 AM
this game sounds awsome. but you need more vehicles. let me list a few that i would love to see

2001 dodge ram 2500 larmie slt 8ft bed stock
then you can lift it, put tires, push bar, roll bar, ect
2001 dodge ram 2500 cummons larmie slt 8ft bed stock.
both with the jump cab
ford raptor
1985 chevy stepside
power wagon 2010
chevy,ford and dodge duallys. and lwt us lift them and put bigger dullies.

iam a bit of a red neck and to have a game where i don't have to worrie about my ride. this i like..

also you guys should look whats on the market for aftermarket parts.
and if the co. won't let you use them, you know make them a hair different they wont know lol.

but awsome game can't wait to play it. looks super cool and love the ruts like sega rally revo had. that game was fun. but no trucks so it was no fun after a while.

MonK3y
09-17-2011, 10:08 PM
New gameplay video on their facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=219472501446227

Also here for those who don't have facebook:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoW78CKCLwg

:)

barnestah
09-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Cool! Thanks for sharing it's looking good.:-P

SuzukiSamurai
09-18-2011, 10:17 AM
Ok, the video looks good and I see the game improved. I think it will be cool to do the trophies with different cars and see how they all handle, I hope they handle different! We will play the game for a pretty long time then. But free roam is still a must, in some part of my opinion this game will always be a FAIL because there is no free roam and the devs never listened to us.

sandking
09-18-2011, 12:20 PM
wow. love it all. the mud waves and the freaking ruts. ha lol. and yes free roam would deff me a must....(Hint Hint) we would love free roam...aka once gamers hear free roam people will buy more.

SuzukiSamurai
09-18-2011, 12:27 PM
wow. love it all. the mud waves and the freaking ruts. ha lol. and yes free roam would deff me a must....(Hint Hint) we would love free roam...aka once gamers hear free roam people will buy more.

I played Mafia 2, this game was so great. Everything I ever wanted. BUT not enough missions and no free roam. But they made a mod for it. I was grateful for that. :)

sandking
09-18-2011, 11:25 PM
yep. iam looking foward to the demo and want the cd

weightofast
09-30-2011, 03:10 AM
According to my clock, the game comes out in.... 41 minutes as it is 11:09 on my clock. If this is true, I want to be one of the first to own it.

Hilltop67
09-30-2011, 03:20 AM
:grin:Well its on Steam for U.S. $39.00 and I will choose the finest Russian bottle of Vodka before I would spend my money in this recession on a game the dev's won't comment on and won't allow Steam to have a local forum so "Cheers" stay warm, I know I will!!!

kickercrazyguy
09-30-2011, 03:28 AM
Shows up 34.99 for me, not much less but a little better

luke gr
09-30-2011, 09:52 AM
24,99 Euros here (via steam) :cool:

SuzukiSamurai
09-30-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm gonna wait to buy this. I want to buy it in a store.

weightofast
09-30-2011, 01:35 PM
I would also rather have a hard copy of this game, just in case. Who knows, maybe it will be the most epic simulator to date. I dont like the idea of only owning a virtual copy of this game, I want it in my hands.

kickercrazyguy
09-30-2011, 01:49 PM
I thought with Steam you were able to download a hard copy and burn it to a disk?

m0j0NL
09-30-2011, 09:05 PM
bought it on steam, but after the intro it just hangs on a black screen, after ctrl-alt-del i get to see " is no responding"