PDA

View Full Version : Why do RTS games have the worst snobs?

snov8
06-02-2010, 01:19 AM
What is it with strategy games having the most elitest players? I just came across a team with a player who insisted on flaming the newbies (and I was one of them :oops:) because we got our butt handed to us. Which I guess is reasonable to get angry, but why call out players? Why not instead correct their mistakes?

But it's not just this game, this round.. rather all strategy games, and just about every other round. Everyone thinks they're so great and that the team is the fault.

The thing is, I play this game for fun. I couldn't care less if I win or lose. But if you're only interested in playing against/with skilled players, why not join a clan or play with only your buddies (who are on the same team). I don't know, it seems useless getting so upset when these games aren't even ranked :lol:

Anyone else feel the same way? Or am I just too sensitive? :lol:

SpeedWolf
06-02-2010, 02:04 AM
you're just to sensitive';)

if one person act good they will be always someone acting bad.

that is Human nature.:grin:

Korsakov829
06-02-2010, 02:14 AM
Oh yeah totally agree MoW could do with better snobs. Then again, thats just the 21st century.

KnightFandragon
06-02-2010, 03:51 AM
The snob-ness towards noobs isnt only on RTS games....its in RPG/MMO/FPS.....all of them...MMO's are also some pretty big snobs, especially the people who get thier characters "uber" in those games. They excpect you to just get on and know it all by heart and to live to play the game and if u dont your treated like a complete outcast. Also, trying to get help sometimes in those games is like trying to take out a IS3 w/ a butter knife. So yeah, I guess just take what the snobs say w/ a grain of salt and play, learn the game and come back and kick thier asses later =P

Morten82
06-03-2010, 04:01 PM
I always try to find games with relaxed players who dont take things to seriously. I find thats the most fun battles is when both sides dont care to much if they win or lose. My lobby name is Morten.ll if you want a no stress game:)

Korsakov829
06-03-2010, 06:12 PM
I always try to find games with relaxed players who dont take things to seriously. I find thats the most fun battles is when both sides dont care to much if they win or lose. My lobby name is Morten.ll if you want a no stress game:)

I'm with you there. I'll charge you with nothing but tankmen. I don't try much to win, do try to have fun though.

Tigersag
06-03-2010, 09:47 PM
It has to do with what happens when a large crowd of people get together and there are no set rules. They become 'annoying'.. look at hooliganism and why we have war and pollution. Forget Dolphins.. Cows could do better then us.

I just started playing Men of War online and was really looking forward to it. The first game I played was great. Everybody was nice. I told them it was my first game and another player later came out and said the same thing. The thing I didn't like was when he said: 'what the 'bad word' are you doing?'

It's been all downhill since that game with a series of games that go from moronic (tanks charging eachother blindly) to games where I feel set-up and start wondering if the other side is cheating or not. I admitt that I'm not the best player having just started playing human opponents but more then anything I seriously miss teamwork and leadership in the games. The more players in a game, the more it becomes necesary for one person to be in charge of the whole thing, at least steering the team into a direction.

I'm really wondering at this point if you can get a good game if you're not playing with people you know or in a clan.

KnightFandragon
06-04-2010, 04:54 AM
I play to win the game, I hate getting completly annihilated in any game so I give it some effort to win. I dont do the tank man charge and try to play with some tactics and stuff. Also I dont do the blind tank Banzai ive seen done a few times against me (I love it when my opponent does that...its an easy win). Ive had quite a few pretty decent games and have, on occasion had some people who just dont really know what they are doing, but dont go off on em all snob like lolz, though at times I feel kinda bossy kinda half giving orders like a Field commander or something lolz. Im not that great with infantry and when im actually forced to buy infantry its usually a tough fight that I wind up losing b/c I suck w/ infantry.

G. Martel
06-04-2010, 05:08 AM
LOLLOLOLOL, god i hate noobs, and more when they aren't willing to learn.

noxnoctum
07-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Just remember, I can guarantee you that these snobs and elitist tough guys on the internet have almost no social life.

There's nothing to be proud of having poured hours and hours into a game so that you're way better than anyone else but are still a virgin and have no social life.

Korsakov829
07-05-2010, 12:28 AM
Nobody can change a person over centuries, mind you. Respect people beliefs and what they want to do, and ignore them if you have something against them. All you can do is expect a challenge from them.

Parkaboy
07-06-2010, 01:55 AM
You could ask why is the internet so full of hardmen who go around insulting random people when they wouldn't go boo to goat in real life.

Some people are so weak with undernourished egos so they pick on others to make themselves feel big a strong "like a real man", but its pretty clear that they aren't by their actions.

Weak, weak people who are very easy to ignore they are so very small. Block the tools and add the nice people to your friends.