PDA

View Full Version : PACCAR licenses (Kenworth, Peterbilt) and other licenses.

matt1314
06-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Hi everyone again.

I saw a screenshot on another forum of the official Kenworth W900 here:

http://picload.org/image/00d2f8729604ebca310e0adc993b9796/3.jpg

and another one:

http://picload.org/image/cdf8416e36910aa6a292f33715cfd1a1/6.jpg

Why isn't in the game this licensed Kenworth, but a Titan Ventura with an unnecessary Titan logo on the grill? It ruins the whole truck in my opinion. I have the German version of R'n'R, but does the Russian one include the official licensed Kenworth and Peterbilt? Because on some other pics I saw the original Peterbild logo, but in my game it's just a stupid "Hercules". Is there any explanation for that? Didn't SoftLab-Nsk get the licenses from PACCAR (Kenworth, Peterbilt), but only from Daimler AG (Freightliner, Sterling, Western Star)? If so, why are there in-game screenshots of the official licensed ones? Is it a beta version of the game or something?

I hope somebody can help me.

USA Trucker
06-01-2010, 03:34 PM
@Matt1314,

I remember reading on RignRoll.com that Kenworth, Peterbuilt, and Mack (possibly others too) pulled their names from the list. It was some time in the middle of last year (I think).

matt1314
06-02-2010, 05:23 PM
So PACCAR didn't want to give licenses, right? So that not SoftLab-Nsk didn't want to get the licenses from them...

USA Trucker
06-02-2010, 05:24 PM
So PACCAR didn't want to give licenses, right? So that not SoftLab-Nsk didn't want to get the licenses from them...

Your guess is as good as mine.

matt1314
06-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Okay, then that's clear. But I still don't understand why. I would be really glad if somebody would ask my company for a license (if I had a company). :confused:

USA Trucker
06-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Okay, then that's clear. But I still don't understand why. I would be really glad if somebody would ask my company for a license (if I had a company). :confused:

I agree. I would like to see real truck emblems too. :grin:

GinXeng
06-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Would be nice, I agree with you that the truck ugly with the word Titan on the grill. I have the russian released version and it has no kenworth or peterbilt in it. So those screen shots have to be from the beta. They didn't release a copy of the game with those real models as far as I know.

USA Trucker
07-04-2010, 08:32 PM
@hardtruckisthebest,
See post #2 on this thread, and avoid using profanity on this forum.;)

Eggtooth
08-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Hey. how can i buy Mack Vision or Volvo VNL770? In truck dealer i dont have these trucks available. I started playing. I need to unlock them? Or they are not exisst in the game? I seen Volvo in Traffic but i can't buy it... Help... :confused:

BleDrajor
08-18-2010, 01:42 PM
I think it already was mentioned in some interviews. Fact is: 2 Macks, 1 Volvo and 1 International (so 4 trucks) were removed. You can't buy them anymore and you won't see them in the traffic.
You just can see those trucks in the background video of the main menu. One of the Macks can be seen in the reparation sector in the service station as symbol for the damages on your truck.
Maybe those trucks will come with an Add-On, but that's not really sure yet.

Eggtooth
08-18-2010, 03:19 PM
But i've seen the Volvo in the traffic. Red Volvo. If i will see this truck again i will give screenshot.

Giving the founded screenshots from the sites. These are not mine.

Removed Mack Vision: http://kamionszim.hu/kepz/rnr/rig-n-roll-03.jpg

What is this? Can i buy this truck? http://www.masslogics.com/images/trucking/rignroll.jpg

What is this? http://games.1c.ru/dalnoboyshchiki3/gallery/dalnoboyshchiki3_22.jpg Can i buy it?

http://www.gram.pl/upl/artykul/20071226132149.jpg ???? I dont know this truck

I'm dissapointed, and sad... Game is still good, but i wanted to buy Mack or Volvo :(

USA Trucker
08-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Try to get the Volvo logo/emblem if you can in the screen-shot. I haven't seen any of these trucks either. Just look-a-likes without the logos.

Eggtooth
08-18-2010, 03:42 PM
I fonded this truck around Atascadero and Greefield. In night. I clearly seen the characteristic Volvo Lights. I'm going now to Atascadero with my El dorado. We will be in touch. I will post if i find him.

Question: Where (and when) did you seen the first rain? In my game there is a March 13- 2014

Question 2: How to add my own music to the game?

USA Trucker
08-18-2010, 03:54 PM
I fonded this truck around Atascadero and Greefield. In night. I clearly seen the characteristic Volvo Lights. I'm going now to Atascadero with my El dorado. We will be in touch. I will post if i find him.

Question: Where (and when) did you seen the first rain? In my game there is a March 13- 2014

Question 2: How to add my own music to the game?

It may look like a Volvo, but once you see it better I doubt you'll find the Volvo emblem/logo on it.

As for the rain. It varies. Let's not get too far into questions here unrelated to the topic of this thread. You music question is covered in the Audio thread in the tech area.

Eggtooth
08-18-2010, 04:36 PM
It will not be easy way... I fried my brakes XD

Pete379exhd
08-27-2010, 08:26 PM
It may look like a Volvo, but once you see it better I doubt you'll find the Volvo emblem on it.

As for the rain. It varies. Let's not get too far into questions here unrelated to the topic of this thread. You music question is covered in the Audio thread in the tech area.

I'm thinking they're probably mistaking it for a century they do look SOMEWHAT like the volvo vn minus the headlights and the grille.

Patrick
08-28-2010, 02:49 PM
This is dissapointing :(

USA Trucker
08-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Let's get back on topic. This is a license thread.;)

KWhauler
02-15-2011, 09:40 PM
more then 4 trucks were removed. originally there was supposed to be 3 internationals. which were the 9300 the 9800 and 9900ix those were all removed. 2 macks. the ch603 and the ch603 vision . both removed. and the volvo vnl 770. also removed . 6 trucks removed. if i am mistaken please notify me.

USA Trucker
02-16-2011, 12:07 PM
The list is rather lengthy in addition to what you have posted. Freightliner, Peterbuilt & Kenworth to name additional ones. They may have look-a-like trucks, but they pulled their emblems/logos off. For me, this makes the truck a truck. Luckily we have some Mods here that brought a few back for us.:cool::grin:

gospo
06-22-2011, 03:21 PM
i was hoping to see some euro trucks in the game ... i hope someone will find a way to mod this game ...

Pete379exhd
06-22-2011, 10:17 PM
i was hoping to see some euro trucks in the game ... i hope someone will find a way to mod this game ...

just mod a mercedes motor into the game. Far as I'm concerned a mercedes motor in a freightliner whole truck foreign. sadly I'm seeing more and more mercedes motors in freightliners sterlings, etc. it's sad i'd take a detroit over a mercedes motor.

Teufelshunde
02-08-2012, 02:56 AM
I am the proud owner of a 2004 Kenworth W900L, with a 650HP Caterpillar C16, 13 speed Eaton Fuller Transmission, 3.55 Gears, 86 inch Studio Sleeper. This "TITAN" is a complete joke. I hate seeing Titan on the best truck in America, and the most popular truck ever sold in the US. For those who don't believe this, try buying a W900L through truckpaper, and you'll see... It's never there for more than 3-5 days. lol. 1C needs to fix this ASAP. Regardless what they have to do. Put the real truck names in, or allow us to mod them. I also own all of the 18 Wheels of Steel games and have the "Real Truck Names" mod for them, and it's GREAT. Really makes the game worth playing.

USA Trucker
02-08-2012, 03:05 AM
If you took the time to look, there are mods that give the real name of the trucks. The reason why 1c didn’t put them in is because they didn’t have the approval to do so. This has all been discussed before.

Teufelshunde
02-08-2012, 03:11 AM
If you took the time to look, there are mods that give the real name of the trucks. The reason why 1c didn’t put them in is because they didn’t have the approval to do so. This has all been discussed before.

Oh, ok. Sorry. Just started playing about 4 days ago. lol. Where can I find mods for Rig n Roll?

USA Trucker
02-08-2012, 03:19 AM
Check the Mods Category.;)