PDA

View Full Version : help with singeplayer mission

Andyho380
05-31-2010, 07:11 PM
Hey there.

I really need some help with the singleplayer mission. Liberation. I cannot beat it.

I only got 4 tanks ( i usually swith them out with IS 2) and i can simply not beat the King Tiger collum. I dont know what to do. Please advice! :-)

Sneaksie
06-01-2010, 06:08 AM
I'll quote my advice from BF forum:

Yes, Sandomierz is very difficult, but it can be beaten. I took like 4 T-34-85 and positioned them to the far right. Immediately after beginning you receive order to stop armored column and this requires much luck and careful use of pause. You'll need to carefully aim each shot from your 85mm guns, since shooting at front turret or hull of King Tigers will be useless (albeit if you hit their guns directly you'll disable them). Before each shot from your tanks pause and zoom to target - shoot only at sides, if you can't - choose another target. Objective will tick off even if enemy tanks will be immobilized, so disengage immediately after that and try to save more of your forces. Be careful though - if you immobilize Tigers not far from village, they will be able to ruin your day when you will begin assault on village itself.
After destroying/immobilizing the column pull back and meet with your reinforcements. Together with them advance along the river bank towards the village, somewhere on route to it enemy tank group will stumble into your forces. After that, watch for Panzerschrecks in village and capture two Tigers (you'll need drivers and shooters with skills 50 or more to operate them). If i recall correctly, there will be one more reinforcement and some time after that - last german counterattack (Panthers and such) and after that - wow - mission complete! Seelow Heights is actually easier.

And another advice by EZ:
This is one sick scenario but it can be won. As with all of these scenarios it is more or less a puzzle that must be solved and you need a lot of luck with this also.
I was able 2 win this in 3 phases, I‘ll show you basically what I did to get you started but will leave you to figure out the detailed tactics that must be done. This of course is just one way, I’m sure others have won in a different way.

Before you start reorganize your Units, drop everything and get 2 ( IS-2), 1 (T-34/85) and set your units up on the back part of the Map.

1. First you should deal with the column of tanks coming down the road. I did this by moving my units to Position 1 (http://i11.tinypic.com/4pt7wwx.jpg) , (Click on Link). Once you are in that area slowly move your Units forward towards the road till you spot your targets. If your lucky you may get a side shot on one of King Tigers. Keep bugging them and they will leave the road to come and get you, good luck taking them out but it can be done.

2. Second move your Units to the left flank Position 2 (http://i1.tinypic.com/4t69g8o.jpg) (Click on Link). Use a reverse slope defense and you should be able to deal with the 2 Panthers and 1 Tiger that attack that side.

3. Last attack the Units located around the town where the 2 Empty King Tigers are located, Good Luck.