PDA

View Full Version : off topic:if u are interrested by ww2

olife
05-31-2010, 03:55 PM
hello guys

if u are interrested by the story of ww2 i want to recommended u the hbo tv mini serie called:pacific

it is a very realistic FICTION tv serie about the ground fights of the pacific war between us marines and the japanese imperial army

i think the americans must know this series cause it was come out before in usa but if u don't know see it, in my opinion u will not disappointed.

olife

f1rebrand
05-31-2010, 05:04 PM
Cheers Olife. If it's anything like band of Brothers I'm sure it is excellent but I don't have Sky channel. :(

olife
05-31-2010, 06:49 PM
Cheers Olife. If it's anything like band of Brothers I'm sure it is excellent but I don't have Sky channel. :(

hello my friend

yes it is the same but in the pacific
really exelent

Irishmandkg
05-31-2010, 09:35 PM
I saw the first two episodes. I have been waiting for the blu-ray, now available for pre-order on Amazon.com.
Very good show from what I saw.

Irishmandkg
06-01-2010, 03:01 AM
Also much of it is actually non-fiction. The show follows three marines during the Pacific war. Two of them wrote books after the war. So much of it is based on those two books. I know one is called With the Old Breed.

Balderz002
06-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Also much of it is actually non-fiction. The show follows three marines during the Pacific war. Two of them wrote books after the war. So much of it is based on those two books. I know one is called With the Old Breed.

Correct. Eugene Sledge wrote it. He is a character I have only seen fleetingly in the first few episodes (Upto ep.5 now), but that is because he joined up a little later due to his heart murmer. Should see more of him soon.

The Sgt who won the MoH at Guadalcanal is also in the Clint Eastwood film 'flags of our fathers'.