PDA

View Full Version : Serious flaw in Victory Day system

SolidusPrime
05-29-2010, 07:48 PM
So I had never heard of this game before somehow...I dont know how it slipped under my radar, but you caught my attention with the Victory Day edition advertising. I DL'd and played the game and fell in love. I liked it so much in fact, that I got 3 other friends to get it as well.

At first it was hard for us to get games. People would see our record and kick us for low amount of games. Sure, we could find one eventually, but it was such a pain in the #$@ that we played each other a bunch just to get our game count up, just so we could get into real games.

Now the free Victory Day period has ended, and we all bought the game. We go to log on as normal, and it tells us you can only have one key per account. Maybe it sounds a little whiney, but some of us are attached to our usernames, and we kinda used them in the free trial. Not the biggest of deals like I said. But now in addition to that, the 30-40 game record we built up just to have the "cred" to get into a real game is gone and wiped.

Some type of CD Key "update" system might have been nice, just for the Victory Edition people, at least.

CzaD
05-29-2010, 09:57 PM
You can still use VDE. It will just ask you for your valid cd key. I still use it. At least I have no headache with the patches.

SolidusPrime
05-30-2010, 12:10 AM
Can I ask how you used it with the same account?

I went into the regestry and changed it manually. When I restarted the game again, it asked me for my key. When I put in the one I purchased, it said there could only be one key per account.

SpeedWolf
05-30-2010, 04:35 AM
i recommend that you contact 1C (support@1cpublishing.eu) or post the same comment in the DMS forum (www.digitalmindsoft.eu) or you can try the Developer Bestway (http://eng.bestway.com.ua/index.php/component/contact/12-contacts/1-pr) but they never reply.

CzaD
05-30-2010, 09:37 AM
Somehow, I never had the problem with it. I installed the full MoW first and then I installed the VDE (I had a problem with the Russian patches so I tried VDE as a solution) and when the free trial period ended it just asked me for the key and that's it. I am still using the same Gamespy account.

With a different game, I noticed that Gamespy is letter case sensitive. It is best to stick to the original letter case when typing the key.

P.s. Use you low rank and high experience to suprise your opponents. ;)

[SOE]No.Mam
05-30-2010, 10:15 AM
i think this solution should work. :confused:
you can use Gamespy Comrade software. download the software & install. login with your "old" accountnick (victory day) and password -> rename accountnick & change e-mail-adress -> start MoW -> create new gamespy account with your "old" name -> use your CD-key. now you can use your "old" accound nick.

http://comrade.gamespy.com/

or create new gamespy account with special characters in your name. eg. -=MyName=-, [xyz]MyName

other solution:
start windows regedit.exe and navigate to key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\1C\Men of War]. here can you change "test key" to "bought key".