PDA

View Full Version : help with adding missile turrets... any ideas?

gruntmaster1
05-29-2010, 01:18 PM
So in order to give the game weapons a little more diversity I have been trying to implement missile turrets which have proved to be more of a headache then i originally thought -_-.

First I thought it would just be adding a new xlm schema though you can probably figure out how that went. Currently the only option seem to be adding a missilemodule with ONLY_BigShip as the attachment, but i wanted to hear if there are other possibilities and how to replace a turret with a missile slot?

Goblin Wizard
05-30-2010, 12:28 AM
I suppose you want to add some kind of missile slots to mothership. It's easily doable but pointless. MS doesn't have any menu to on/off missile lunchers so he will probably waste all missiles on the first target. To reload the lunchers you have to go to the nearest trade station... no fun at all. Only weapons with unlimited ammo have sense.

Trucidation
06-17-2010, 01:49 PM
Assuming you have more missiles in cargo, wouldn't restocking the launcher simply be a matter of pressing 'B' and then dragging more missiles back to the slot? I mean, this is how you "refill" fighters right? They dock with the mothership and then you can swap out missiles (or any other module for that matter). The only problem with the mothership is having to allow it to drag missiles into the slot while flying. Otherwise, as Goblin Wizard says, you'll have to dock to reload.

I agree that not being able to toggle them off is a serious nuisance, but you could fly around with the slot empty so you won't waste missiles on common riffraff, and then drag some missiles to fill it in when you see a suitable target. Of course, assuming that we solve the problem of being able to drag the missiles to the appropriate slot on the mothership while in flying.

Er, can someone with ship modding experience test this?

Goblin Wizard
06-17-2010, 05:29 PM
I agree that not being able to toggle them off is a serious nuisance, but you could fly around with the slot empty so you won't waste missiles on common riffraff, and then drag some missiles to fill it in when you see a suitable target. Of course, assuming that we solve the problem of being able to drag the missiles to the appropriate slot on the mothership while in flying.
It's possible. Functionality, like you described, will be included in new version of my mod (I hope upload it this weekend). Hero will be able to learn special active perk that brings Trade Station window wherever you are. The mod will contain new, experimental missile type with changeable warheads too (e.g. depolarization, high explosive warheads).

Trucidation
06-18-2010, 01:01 AM
Thanks, looking forward to it. Depolarisation on missiles? That's an interesting effect. It would open up the possibility of having a class of missiles dedicated to just shield piercing.