PDA

View Full Version : BFX (Blue Sun Mod) + Unofficial Patch v.1.06

Kyle
05-29-2010, 05:24 AM
Hello!

This is my very FIRST post here, and of course it's a request for help. :)

I've played Brigade E5 in the past, and I recently purchased 7.62 High Calibre as a digital download through Amazon.com.

I installed the game, and when the auto-config program started I set my screen graphics for 1280 x 960.

I also changed the properties of the "7.62" directory so that it was no longer "Read-only."

I then installed the Unofficial Patch v.1.06 and shortly after that the B.F.X. mod v.(a.k.a. Blue Sun Mod) Final Beta (attached to the post that was last edited on March 29, 2010).

I was quite surprised to see that the main screen was still in Russian, although if one floated one's mouse over regions of the G.U.I., a small window would appear happily telling me which adjustments do what.

I then changed a handful of keys bindings around, and I carefully selected which merc I wanted to be, i.e. Cameron. I adjust his skill settings, and then try to proceed with the game, which just keeps CTD on me.

I've reinstalled the v.1.06 of the Unofficial Patch (over the B.F.X. mod), with no results.

I then reinstalled v.1.06 over the top of the Unoffical Patch, with no results.

All I get for my efforts is an Error Message.

Please help, as I'm a big fan of Brigade E5 and I'm eager to dive into its sequel.

Thank you for your time and consideration in advance.
Yours,
Kyle
May 28, 2910

R@S
05-29-2010, 07:17 AM
You've done everything right except one thing, you're using an older version of BSM. Try this one instead:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14745

Since you seem to have packed up some of the old files you need a clean install before you start over.

Any tips on what stocks to buy in the coming 900 years, Kyle from 2910?:grin:

Kyle
06-01-2010, 01:04 AM
Just wanted to be on record here. Thank you for your very speedy assistance. The game's running smoothly, and it is maintaining my interest level to a strong degree. Thank you!

Lindergood
06-10-2010, 08:48 AM
I seem to be having some problems myself.
Clean installation, extracting the unofficial patch, when attempting to run patchme.bat (as admin) the command prompt says "files not found".
Then, when copying the mod over the game directory, all seems fine but when starting a new game: CTD after merc selection screen.. :/
Any ideas?

BravoZulu
06-12-2010, 03:16 PM
I was having that problem too. The solution I found that works was to install outside of the program files (I use Vista) so that I can extact the mod directly to the game folder. Outside of that make sure that you don't change the RPAwhatever files yourself (The newest patch seems to do that) as that seemed to casue some problems for me. I can't remember if I needed to run the PATCHme.exe as admin or not, I don't think I did.

Armyguy
06-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Yea i geting it too any help?
Edit
nvm it was a patching bug