PDA

View Full Version : Crashing Issues

Eggtooth
11-28-2009, 12:28 PM
HEY ALL! I'm MAD REALLY MAD!!!

Because during playing game causes BSOD (blue screen). WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!!!! I PLAY ONE HOUR AND GAME CAUSES BSOD!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

my PC Specs:

Core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz
3GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD3850 256MB

Windows 7 Home Premium 32BIT.

I got game on max settings, i try to turn off antialiasing, and some details! BUT THIS IS NOT GOOD!!! THIS GAME IS 7 YEARS OLD AND GAME CAUSES BLUESCREEN AND LOW FPS ON GOOD COMPUTERS!!!

I WANT FIX, OR REFUND!!!! :evil:

I'm confident, that game causes BSOD. This never hapened to me during GTA IV, or other games!!!

Lolsmurf
11-28-2009, 12:54 PM
-Windows 7
-Graphic Card

Eggtooth
11-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Grapfic card is good. My friend playing on Radeon X1600.
System is supported by game.

LOOK AT THE GAME REQUEMENTS AND LOOK WHAT YOU WRITED -.- Jesus Christ, what a people... totally screwed. this 7 year old game,working on good PC's like GTA IV with 7 years old grapfic engine and graphic... -.-.

I saw people playing on Radeon 9600 and 2600XT.. This cards are worse than mine, so stop talking craps!

Well?! Any solution, fix or something? I try to play with comability and turned off antyaliasing!

pook
11-28-2009, 01:49 PM
I think this may be the evil StarForce protection virus;)

drexit
11-28-2009, 01:59 PM
I think too.

Eggtooth
11-28-2009, 02:08 PM
I turned off Antialias.

Hmmm, game working, lets se what happen soon. I hope that I solve problem :confused: :(

THIS DONT HELPED ME!!! I WANT A FIX!!!

Eggtooth
11-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Reinstalled operating system. I hope i get it fixed. (i think its still crashing :( )

LOL When i get reinstalled i get all Cinematics to work. Now when i'm in truck service i see that nick leaving truck and going to shop...

BUT i dont get rain to work... Rain does not appear.

Game freezing. Completely freezing my PC. HELP PLEASE :(

Sneaksie
11-30-2009, 05:40 AM
If your PC freezes completely, i mean you can't call the process manager by using ctrl+alt+del, this is likely a hardware, not a software problem (note that the OS reinstall didn't help). What happens with sound when the image freezes, does it stop or not?
What it shows on BSOD screen, which error code?

Eggtooth
11-30-2009, 09:53 AM
sound stops. But i play Shattered Horizon and other games and my computer not freezing.

This game has too big system reqiements with graphic from year 2004?!

Now i'm reinstalled system, cleaned up my radiator and processor, temperature decreased from 67*C in stress to 40*C. I see what happened next. But think it's not hardware problems.

Game is freezing before i cleaned radiator, and i must test it, it not showing up the Blue Screen after reinstalling OS.

Divebomb
11-30-2009, 11:09 AM
write down the error code thing from the blue screen next time. and what file/process caused the crash. it will say so right on the screen

kennyb87
12-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Ive had it happen to me now about 6 times and its really annoying when I havent saved in a while has anybody else experienced this problem. The only thing I can think of that causes it is RAM as I only have 1Gb installed

USA Trucker
12-31-2009, 12:29 AM
Ive had it happen to me now about 6 times and its really annoying when I havent saved in a while has anybody else experienced this problem. The only thing I can think of that causes it is RAM as I only have 1Gb installed

Most high-end games today need at least 2GB Ram as minimal required specs. I suspect RNR would run exceptionally well with 4GB Ram, and a high quality graphics card. With 2GB Ram I could barely run Gothic 3.

I believe Nike-It stated RNR needs at least 2GB Ram to run.

Nike-it
12-31-2009, 05:35 AM
USA Trucker is absolutely right, 1Gb of Ram is not enough for R'n'R. The game will crash in any case as your memory got overfilled, R'n'R uses more then 1 gb of memory during work.

difosgen
01-03-2010, 09:36 PM
High-end game? :grin: Graphics of the game looks like 6 years old, sounds are even worst and promised physics and realistic damage model are almost absent. So what´s high-end about that game? There is only one reason for so high memory consumption and HW requirements - bad optimalization. It looks like programmers from Softlab were drinking vodka six yerars and then three months developing the game, cause now it looks still beta state.
Announced minimal HW requirements were Intel Pentium IV at 2.0 GHz, 128 MB VRAM – Nvidia GeForce FX 5700 or better, 1 GB RAM, 10 GB of free Hard Drive Space, Microsoft Windows 2000/Windows XP/Windows Vista, but in fact - you cannot run game correctly on Win Vista and running the game with 128MB VRAM GF FX5700, 2.0 GHz CPU and 1GB RAM is a good joke.

JensJCS
04-17-2010, 11:57 AM
hi all,

after purchasing online, downloading and installing i started the game. system info cam and all was ok, the after starting the game the screen turned to black and crashed to desktop. no intro video what i saw. i tried also different binkw32.dll's but i dont get it working. anyone out there with having the same problems? a fast help would be appreciated.

System Info: Windows 7 64 bit, 4 GB RAM, GeForce 260 with 1792 MB RAM, latest drivers.

thx
jens

ok problem fixed. if there are others which have downloaded Rig 'n' Roll via Impulse, i had problems with the intro.bik

hope that helps also others

jens

lucipher
05-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Hi at all, I've a strange problem with Rig Roll.
The game load perfectly, and run well until I try to enter in every warehouse. If I try the in game movie start, and the game crash... I've tried 4/5 warehouse.
other problem is if I try to use the Communicator command the game istantly crash.
I can drive everywhere, refuel, stop to sleep, or take a delivery on the road but I can't enter a warehouse: I've tried single mission, story, but the game crash every time I try to enter the warehouse.
Anyone have a suggestion? Of course I've applied the patch for the english version. My computer is quad core i7, with Radeon 4850 with 512mb 8gb ram and win 7 professional 64bit.
Thanx a t all.
nicola

gg14870
05-19-2010, 10:25 AM
The warehouse crashing sometimes happens to me too. Try to press escape before you enter the warehouse and when you see the menu, press escape to exit it and then enter the warehouse. See how that works.

lucipher
05-19-2010, 01:16 PM
I'll try this evening. thx.
Nicola

USA Trucker
05-19-2010, 03:53 PM
I'll try this evening. thx.
Nicola

Everything on your computer specs. looks good except for your graphics card? I see you have one with 512mb. I have one with 1gb, and never had a crash since I've been playing. Just a thought. ;) You shouldn't have to play around with Escape, Save, and reload nonsense. This certainly would take away from the enjoyment of the game.

lucipher
05-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Yes I know the card isn't the top, but I'm able to run Rig n Roll at 2560*1440 at the max without any frames rates drop. I've tried to drive around the map and everything runs fine, no frames rate decrease in any situation...
Strange bug for me, and as I wrote, every time I try to use the Navigator It crashes again...
Thx for help.

USA Trucker
05-19-2010, 04:45 PM
@Lucipher,

Where did you download the game from? I must admit that this is the first I have heard of this kind of a bug. The navigation part you never discussed in your previous postings.

lucipher
05-19-2010, 05:13 PM
I've downloaded the game at http://eu-1cpublishing.gamesplanet.com/.
No errors during the installation procedure...
For the other bug, I cannot use the navigator command: I've tried to remap the command from keybord to joy, but the game crash in the same way...
Thx.
Nicola

USA Trucker
05-19-2010, 05:25 PM
I've downloaded the game at http://eu-1cpublishing.gamesplanet.com/.
No errors during the installation procedure...
For the other bug, I cannot use the navigator command: I've tried to remap the command from keybord to joy, but the game crash in the same way...
Thx.
Nicola

Do you have more then one device controller hooked up at the same time (other then your mouse/keyboard/joystick)?

lucipher
05-19-2010, 09:02 PM
I've tried with only a gamepad Saitek and of course my wireless keyboard and mouse...

and I've just tried the trick with Escape button, saved the game before enter the Warehouse, but the game crash everytime...
Maybe a damaged installer????
I'll try tomorrow to reinstall the game and the patch...
Thx again for help. I hope in a new patch...

USA Trucker
05-19-2010, 09:11 PM
I've tried with only a gamepad Saitek and of course my wireless keyboard and mouse...

Then the problem to me seems to be either your graphics card is running out of memory, or 1C downloaded a corrupt file somewhere. (This has happened many times with 1C, and that is why I chose not to buy it from them). Customer support is abysmal at best according to what I've heard. Try asking Nike-it via PM, or publicly on this forum. Sorry I couldn't help any further.

lucipher
05-20-2010, 06:23 AM
I don't think it's a graphic card problem, becasuse I'm able to play the game for hours, if I don't enter inside warehouse... Maybe a corrupted files. I try to download again the game.
Thx to all for help.
Nicola

I've just tried to download the game again and I've found a strange issue: the file is 668mb but when reach this dimension the dnd don't stop and at the end the file is 992 mb.
It's normal or strange... just to damage the installer?
thx

USA Trucker
05-20-2010, 11:02 PM
I've just tried to download the game again and I've found a strange issue: the file is 668mb but when reach this dimension the dnd don't stop and at the end the file is 992 mb.
It's normal or strange... just to damage the installer?
thx

Here are the required system recommendations for RnR.

http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W518

Your video card seems to be below standards. I have went through this problem with other games until I upgraded my card. Yours is several years old, and may be a contributing factor. When I tried to play a game with a sub-standard video card, everything was good until the cut-scenes that demand a higher quality video card. Cut-scenes such as warehouses, and other programming videos demand much more then the antique 512mb video cards of yesteryear. I'm only trying to help you, so don't take this as an insult.

lucipher
05-21-2010, 06:56 AM
Here are the required system recommendations for RnR.

http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W518

Your video card seems to be below standards. I have went through this problem with other games until I upgraded my card. Yours is several years old, and may be a contributing factor. When I tried to play a game with a sub-standard video card, everything was good until the cut-scenes that demand a higher quality video card. Cut-scenes such as warehouses, and other programming videos demand much more then the antique 512mb video cards of yesteryear. I'm only trying to help you, so don't take this as an insult.

Thx for help but I don't have take as an insult..:cool:
Seem strange to me because I'm able to play FSX with a lot of add-on, without any problems.
Now as first step I try a different installer, after that, if not change I try to change the video card, but the Ati Radeon HD4850 it's so old?? in the spec Rig n Roll require as recommended 256 MB DirectX 9.0 Compatible 3D Video Card (GeForce 8800 / Radeon HD3870), and my card it's more powerful than the Ati Radeon Hd 3870, yes it's a little bit older, but no so old...
Thx again for help.
Nicola:cool:

Problem solved... I've reinstalled the game with other installation, upgraded the Ati Driver, and set the resolution to 1920*1080.
Now everything run great.
Thx at all for help.
Nicola

DriverX3
05-28-2010, 12:36 AM
I have had 3 games now around the same time crash on me this is really annoying I would like to see if I missed a patch for the American version or not. I got the one to fix the competition that is the only patch I have installed right now.

centy2010
05-29-2010, 03:06 AM
Hello,

I've bought the game yesterday evening and was trying to play all the night.
I had 2 crashes and 3 times missing 3D landscape --> A big hole where my truck felt.

===> Here is a possible solution. I've tested only 20 minutes so I will see tomorrow if it's a stable solution.

First when the game crash, check the event viewer of windows to see the application error. You could have something related to rnr.exe. But you might find a second error related to ntdll.dll. If this is the case, I suggest you to download an older version of ntdll.dll and replace the existing one.

Since I replaced the ntdll.dll --> No more crash

File properties :
size : 706.048 o

Game installed on
WinXP Pro / Athlon 64 3500+ / Geforce 6800 GT 256Mb / 2Gb Ram

Bye now, I've got trailers to deliver :)

plolq
05-30-2010, 03:46 PM
Hm ok ill put this here

i had/still have CTD @ : warehouse after taking an order mainly @! barstowe 3 times and san diego 2 times
randomly ingame on road in the gameworld around san clemente 2 times near oxnard 1 time and between redding and orland 1 time

and this is AFTER one reinstall and an hotfix applied to it what more can i do i even sent an bug report using that rnr support in the game folder , so aparently the hotfix didnt fix anything for me ...same fps drops in the san f area bay and around n of greenfield as the russian rnr version had so what can i say? also almost forgot now after 4 days ingame (savegame) i GET NO damn raindrop on my trucks windows and i never ever unticked that to off ....lol...looks liek its bug after glitch and its the same for both rnr versions.

intel c2c e8400 @ 3.00 4gm ram 4870x2 vista x64 sp1 cat 10.2///\\\ intel c2q 9550 @ 2.83 4gm ram 8800 gtx vista x64 sp1....

game bought @ http://us-1cpublishing.gamesplanet.com/

Melkor
06-10-2010, 02:35 PM
Ok so recently i just bought the gime....
So is started playing this morning....and already the game has crashed two times??? what the hell lol.....Is this a common problem or is it just me having it?
Please respond asap i want a cure to this problem
Thank you in advance

USA Trucker
06-10-2010, 03:48 PM
So is started playing this morning....and already the game has crashed two times??? what the hell lol.....Is this a common problem or is it just me having it?
Please respond asap i want a cure to this problem
Thank you in advance

Where did you download it from, and what are your computer specs?

Melkor
06-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Downloaded it from this site and if u want proof i still have my order number
Is this a common issue though?

USA Trucker
06-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Downloaded it from this site and if u want proof i still have my order number
Is this a common issue though?

I don't need, or asked for proof, and we will never ask you for an order#, or key code in an open forum. I wanted to know where because, some sites have some issues. Did you install the 'HotFix', and what are your computer specs?

Melkor
06-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Downloaded it from the 1C store (this sites store) online
and what is the hotfix and my system specs are :

Chip Type: GeForce 6200
DAC Type : Integrated RAMDAC
Approx Total Memory 512.0 MB
3100+
2.4GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
is that all i need???

USA Trucker
06-10-2010, 04:58 PM
Downloaded it from the 1C store (this sites store) online
and what is the hotfix and my system specs are :

Chip Type: GeForce 6200
DAC Type : Integrated RAMDAC
Approx Total Memory 512.0 MB
3100+
2.4GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
is that all i need???

The 'HotFix' is located Here (http://www.1cfiles.com/RigNRoll/rnr_en_update_setup3.0.1.0.exe). You are running it at the bare minimal requirements. Try the 'HotFix' first, and see how it runs.

I could be wrong, but I think your "Approx Total Memory 512MB" is too low. Some people running this game have experienced crashes when meeting the just minimal requirements. I would close some non-essential applications as this helped me when I had a system that met the minimal requirements for a game. I'm sure someone with more technical experience then me on this forum could assist you. Kennyb87 seem to be on the ball here, and has assisted others.

If it were me, I would also upgrade my Video Card, and Ram too if your financial situation avails you to. On my other computer with 2GB Ram makes this game run painfully slow with crashes. Far too often the "Minimal Requirements" just barely get the game going properly. I don't even know why publishers bother to list them. This is just my experience, and opinion.

This is what Impulse listed for requirements:

Minimum:
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
2.4 GHz Processor
1 GB Available System Memory
128 MB DirectX 9.0 Compatible 3D Video Card (GeForce 5700 / Radeon X800)
10 GB Available Hard Disk Space
DirectX 9.0 Compatible Sound Card
DirectX 9.0c

Recommended:
3 GHz Dual-Core Processor
2 GB Available System Memory
256 MB DirectX 9.0 Compatible 3D Video Card (GeForce 8800 / Radeon HD3870)

I hope this helps.

kennyb87
06-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Your CPU is on the very minnimum and has been said by others the listed specs that 1c gives you is way off what is actually needed to play the game and have decent framerates. Is your graphics card an AGP slot?. I once put this game into my really old P4 2.9Ghz, 2GB ram and a 8500GT PCI only card. I honestly got about 5fps

USA Trucker
06-10-2010, 06:18 PM
@Kennyb87,
I had a feeling I could count on you. Thanks for your assistance.:)

Melkor
06-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Yes my card is in an AGP slot.....
i saw it was just itunes slowing it down for somereason i dont know how...
Now i got a new problem.....On my way to las angelas there is a gap in the road? and when i drive in it i continue to fall over and over again O.O

USA Trucker
06-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Yes my card is in an AGP slot.....
i saw it was just itunes slowing it down for somereason i dont know how...
Now i got a new problem.....On my way to las angelas there is a gap in the road? and when i drive in it i continue to fall over and over again O.O

Have you installed the 'HotFix' I provided you? Also what version do you have?

kennyb87
06-10-2010, 07:13 PM
AGP are pretty old now maybe time to upgrade to a PCI-E board, The road not appearing I think is your CPU not being quick enough to proceess the loading map in front of you. try stopping your truck and waiting for the road to load. Back when I was about 12 or something that used to happen to me on Hard truck 2 and stopping for a minute or 2 made the road appear again and it's made by the same company.

Close all applications that you dont need and you can try running the game in realtime priority too in task manager that focuses your PC on running the program that you are currently using

USA Trucker
06-10-2010, 07:18 PM
@Melcor,
I also heard of someone saving that portion & re-loading it along with Kennyb87s' advice

@Kennyb87,
"try running the game in realtime priority too in task manager that focuses your PC on running the program that you are currently using"
Can you elaborate more on this?

kennyb87
06-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Take the program location on mine its "C:\Program Files\1C\RigNRoll\rungame.exe" for the game file, go into task manager click the top left and got to new task put the destination path in and press enter. Rig n roll takes a few seconds to boot up so go to processes and and look for RNR right click and go to set priority, realtime. It can give a decent boost in performance on some lower end PC's. I'm on XP hate Vista and never tried 7 yet

USA Trucker
06-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Take the program location on mine its "C:\Program Files\1C\RigNRoll\rungame.exe" for the game file, go into task manager click the top left and got to new task put the destination path in and press enter. Rig n roll takes a few seconds to boot up so go to processes and and look for RNR right click and go to set priority, realtime. It can give a decent boost in performance on some lower end PC's. I'm on XP hate Vista and never tried 7 yet

Many thanks.

I outgrew XP (for my own reasons), went to Vista, and I also hated it.:( Now I'm with 7, and I truly love it. Applications are quicker, and IMO allocates memory optimally. I have many programs running at the same time, and have no problems to report thus far. I had it since it came out.

Melkor
06-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Yes i have installed the HotFix and now im on version 3.0.1, the game does not crash anymore!!! yay
but the L.A Area is still buggy for some reason, i guess i just wont drive there lol, but thanks for the help USA Trucker :grin:

oh and USA Trucker pausing the game and unpausing helps load the "World" or "Area" much quicker ^_^

USA Trucker
06-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Yes i have installed the HotFix and now im on version 3.0.1, the game does not crash anymore!!! yay
but the L.A Area is still buggy for some reason, i guess i just wont drive there lol, but thanks for the help USA Trucker :grin:

oh and USA Trucker pausing the game and unpausing helps load the "World" or "Area" much quicker ^_^

Don't just thank me. Kennyb87 contributed greatly too, as I had a feeling he would. :) I glad we can help you out. :cool: Pausing & Unpausing was an option I never thought about. Good find :!:

TCarter
06-11-2010, 02:21 AM
I have experienced 1 crash to desktop, no warning, no errors, no nothing..the game...just..simply did a magic trick of 'and I shall now.. disappear!' *POOF*

USA Trucker
06-11-2010, 02:38 AM
I have experienced 1 crash to desktop, no warning, no errors, no nothing..the game...just..simply did a magic trick of 'and I shall now.. disappear!' *POOF*

I deleted your thread in the patch section because, it didn't qualify as a patch question. Now let's get to your problem. Please answer the following questions:

1) Where did you purchase the game & what version do you have (Russian/US)?

2) Did you install the 'HotFix'?

3) What are your computer specs.

I have helped another gamer for the most part of the day, with similar problems, along with Kennyb87. Help us to help you. Bare in mind that those that have downloaded the game from 1C had to re-install the game once, or twice, due to some file errors. This should not interfere with your activation key code because, you are re-installing on the same computer.

TCarter
06-11-2010, 04:26 AM
This was merely a fluke as it seems. I went over the same spot. No crash.

(FYI, Crash didnt leave anything in Event Viewer)

Purchased game from Wild Tangent. (Assuming US Version..since everything is in english)

Hotfix? I have 3.0.1.

Specs are Q6600 OC'd to 3GHz, GeForce 9800GTX, 4Gig Ram, Dual Monitor Setup.

i havnt experienced any other issues other than that 1 thing. Granted, i did notice at one time my camera view changed as if i hit the numpad 4 key, but happened once. hasnt happened again.

USA Trucker
06-11-2010, 04:29 AM
This was merely a fluke as it seems. I went over the same spot. No crash.

(FYI, Crash didnt leave anything in Event Viewer)

Purchased game from Wild Tangent. (Assuming US Version..since everything is in english)

Hotfix? I have 3.0.1.

Specs are Q6600 OC'd to 3GHz, GeForce 9800GTX, 4Gig Ram, Dual Monitor Setup.

i havnt experienced any other issues other than that 1 thing. Granted, i did notice at one time my camera view changed as if i hit the numpad 4 key, but happened once. hasnt happened again.

Then I can only assume everything is now OK?

goodsimdude
06-16-2010, 04:08 AM
Please help

I have just purchased and downloaded Rig n Roll from 1 C company. The game is the English version. I have played it 3 times, and all 3 times it keeps crashing. Can you help me? here is my system specs.

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/11/2010, 09:33:55
Machine name: MONTEBELLO
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 4 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/02/08 18:19:33 Ver: 08.00.14
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor LE-1640, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.8GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Page File: 355MB used, 2105MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9600 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0622&SUBSYS_82F21043&REV_A1
Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Way too much system info. So I shortened it to what we commonly need.

USA Trucker
06-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Your 1024MB Ram is far below the requirements to play the game. I would invest in 4GM, or more Ram to play most of todays games if you can afford to do so.

goodsimdude
06-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Thanks for editing the information you don't need. I posted my entire DxD.txt I have a different problem. The event viewer on my computer is showing that following:

Faulting application rnr.exe, version 3.0.1.2667, faulting module rnr.exe, version 3.0.1.2667, fault address 0x00cedf31.

Please advise.

Thank you

Goodsimdude

USA Trucker
06-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Thanks for editing the information you don't need. I posted my entire DxD.txt I have a different problem. The event viewer on my computer is showing that following:

Faulting application rnr.exe, version 3.0.1.2667, faulting module rnr.exe, version 3.0.1.2667, fault address 0x00cedf31.

Please advise.

Thank you

Goodsimdude

As I stated before, your Ram is FAR too low to play this game, no matter what you do. It simply just can't handle it.

Richiarde
07-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Hi,

Ive the European version of the game, but I am experiencing crash every time I play.

When I try to apply the patch "hotfix", the installer will stop me:
http://ultimaczech.cz/crash.jpg

CPU: Intel Core Duo 8400
GPU: AMD ATI RADEON HD 5700 1GB
RAM: 2GB

Any tips, how to play the game without crashes:)?

Melkor
07-13-2010, 02:53 AM
Ok so today my computer crashed and i decided to wipe it and do a clean install of XP, so before doing it i backed up my save game files and folders for Rig N Roll, and it turns out when i installed the game again and copied those files back into the RiG N Roll according folders for game saves, they did not show up in the game :/.....All this work was for nothing and im really mad too....Would anyone care to share a game save for me, or suggest a solution to this problem?

charlytos
07-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Game crashed can be computer old motherboard, graphic or sound drivers or other problems between game and your computer.
I have old P4 1 core, 2.0 ghz, agp graphic card nvidia 6200 and basic sound card trust and had not any crash. But have to run game without graphic details, 800 x 600 resolution and sound disabled and game runs me slowly. Needs minimum P4 dual core or amd Athlon II x 2 dual core...

charlytos
07-16-2010, 02:36 PM
Has good computer and good and current graphic card. Is possible that other cause crashes game on your computer. If has installed windows xp, vista or windows 7.
Look you works that are working currently ctrl + alt + supr keys. And close innecesary current works. Look icons open to left of clock and close those that are not used habitually.
If uses windows vista or 7, disables special text effects, how aero and other details to get more free ram for game and prove if making this crashes too!...

Lolsmurf
07-16-2010, 04:25 PM
I have a P4 single core too and I can run the game on low/medium detail yet with sound

I have the 8600 GT 512 mb card so thats why I am able to play it...

Melkor
07-17-2010, 03:33 AM
Game didnt crash on me, im just saying computer crashed like a computer failure or what ever, but anyways i built the motivation within myself to do the campaign all over :cool:

charlytos
07-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Pardon Melkor I thought than was crash of game. If computer on general crashed is by any hardware item faliure! Probes power box, memories ram, hard disk, graphic card... And is possible too by any files corrupt from operative system!...
I had yesterday great problem with windows xp, having format hard disk today and install Windows xp of new!
Lolsmurf I have proved to put graphic details medium level, but get a very slow speed image, Can to get just speed image only, putting graphic details level 0 and without sound!...

Note. Added today, over low speed image was that had put 1024 x 768 resolution level, changed to 800 x 600 and got best speed image!...

GinXeng
07-18-2010, 07:35 PM
I have reinstalled the game many times and backed up my saved games several times. Are you sure you were placing your'e save games in the correct folders? My Documents\My Games\RigNRoll_eng\PLAYERNAME\SinglePlayer\SavedGa mes

34DD_TheyJiggle
08-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Hi, I recently bought the English/European version of Rig'N'Roll and every time I try and play, it crashes after approx. 5 minutes of gameplay. Can somebody offer any insight into this problem please?

Also I noticed on some other threads, some of the questions admin have been asking, so, to be helpful (;)):

-Yes I have installed the 'HotFix' (doesn't seem so hot at fixing anything imo...)

-It is a boxed CD version from a store

-And my system specs to meet minimum, if not reccomended req. :

Intel C2Duo @ 2GHz each
Nvidia GeForce 7900gs - 256mb
2GB RAM
Win. Vista
etc etc..

Any help would be great,

thanks,

Ben.

USA Trucker
08-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Hi, I recently bought the English/European version of Rig'N'Roll and every time I try and play, it crashes after approx. 5 minutes of gameplay. Can somebody offer any insight into this problem please?

Also I noticed on some other threads, some of the questions admin have been asking, so, to be helpful (;)):

-Yes I have installed the 'HotFix' (doesn't seem so hot at fixing anything imo...)

-It is a boxed CD version from a store

-And my system specs to meet minimum, if not reccomended req. :

Intel C2Duo @ 2GHz each
Nvidia GeForce 7900gs - 256mb
2GB RAM
Win. Vista
etc etc..

Any help would be great,

thanks,

Ben.

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

CPU of 2.0GHz. is too slow to run this game. You need a minimum of 2.4GHz.

34DD_TheyJiggle
08-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Isn't 2GHz X2 4GHz? Or am I missing something here...

USA Trucker
08-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Isn't 2GHz X2 4GHz? Or am I missing something here...

Multiple cores means your CPU allocates memory better. Your base speed does not change.

34DD_TheyJiggle
08-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Oh ok. It's just that I noticed in a previous thread, someone told you that they had a dual core processor @1.86GHz and you said that was fine... Sorry for wasting your time.

USA Trucker
08-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Oh ok. It's just that I noticed in a previous thread, someone told you that they had a dual core processor @1.86GHz and you said that was fine... Sorry for wasting your time.

Direct me to that post. You may have mis-read it, or I mis-wrote it.:)

34DD_TheyJiggle
08-09-2010, 12:46 PM
It was a post by a member called russian brute - http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=15087

But anyway, thank you for informing me more about what a dual core processor really does. I was somewhat misled. I'll try OC'ing but I doubt it'll reach that high. Getting a new rig in 2 weeks that's an absolute monster :rolleyes: Should play Crysis at about 50fps so I'll expect to have a good time on RnR as well :grin:

Thanks for your help.

USA Trucker
08-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the info. That was my error, and I have just corrected it. I make mistakes too.;) I can't validate this, but I also heard that OC'ing takes something away from the CPU allocation of memory into cores. Just a heads up.

silvr z
08-19-2010, 06:15 AM
what did you do to fix it?

Truckerguy82
01-27-2011, 09:05 AM
my game crashes after like 5-10 mins of playing and my computer specs are
CPU AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core processor 4200 2.20 Ghz Ram memory is 3.00 GB vid card is Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT and im useing windows 7 32bit idk whats causeing the game to crash?

USA Trucker
01-27-2011, 11:06 AM
my game crashes after like 5-10 mins of playing and my computer specs are
Hello, and welcome to the forum,

CPU AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core processor 4200 2.20 Ghz Ram memory is 3.00 GB vid card is Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT and im useing windows 7 32bit idk whats causeing the game to crash?
Your CPU speed is too slow. 2.20GHz is not enough to run this game as stated in the Recommended System Specs. You need at least 3.0GHz.

flykas
02-16-2011, 07:50 AM
Game crashes when it starts raining I think when water particles starts coming off the car. I recently updated video card drivers the problem started occuring after that. I have geforce gt 240 , 4gb ram, Phenom 2x, win 7 64bit.

USA Trucker
02-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Try reverting back before you updated your video card driver. There may be an error in this particular update. Use ‘System Restore’ in your computer to the day prior to this update, and see if the problem continues. Also, did you go to NVidia‘s site to upgrade your GeForce driver? That’s the only site I use to upgrade my GeForce card. It has less of these problems, and their customer support is pretty decent. Here’s their link NVidia (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us). I’m not a graphics king, but this was recommended to me when I had a similar problem with ME2 & Crysis. You may get more advice on this topic. Just take which ever one works for you.

Here is another link to let you know where your graphics card rates Video Card Benchmark (http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html). Yours & mine are on the low end, but more than capable of handling this, and many other games. You’ll find yours & mine in the 700 benchmark area. Yours is 778, and mine is 710. I think the list goes up to around 4,000 give, or take. I listed your # so you didn’t have to search for it. The list is rather lengthy, and it’s not alphabetical.;)

cbjody
03-08-2011, 04:00 AM
ok it started two days ago my game keeps crashing and my computer goes strait to reboot mode i was looking around in the game file and i found a file named warned and in this file i found this......
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
D:\Nicolas\HT3\Engine\vwiEngineResourceManager.cpp (496) : Unresolved external reference %%PUmat_Glass_particle in file NULL
D:\Nicolas\HT3\Engine\vwiEngineResourceManager.cpp (496) : Unresolved external reference %%PUmat_BusStop_particle in file NULL
D:\Nicolas\HT3\Engine\vwiEngineResourceManager.cpp (496) : Unresolved external reference %%PUmat_Glass_particle in file NULL
D:\Nicolas\HT3\Engine\vwiEngineResourceManager.cpp (496) : Unresolved external reference %%PUmat_BusStop_particle in file NULL

getValidMotorTech incorrect numberTech 43
getValidMotorTech incorrect numberTech 49
D:\Nicolas\HT3\Application\vwiApplication.cpp (1035) : ERROR: Can't find resource ##96
D:\Nicolas\HT3\Application\vwiApplication.cpp (1035) : ERROR: Can't find resource ##96
cbLoadAOModel(): vehUpgrades differrs vehUpgradesId=0 vehUpgrade=1b75b5b8, pactor=0x1eaf5cf8 vehUpgrade=1e9b4458
getValidMotorTech incorrect numberTech 79
getValidMotorTech incorrect numberTech 81
getValidMotorTech incorrect numberTech 61
getValidMotorTech incorrect numberTech 52
AO_MovingTrashBox::run for 1de24018 when constructorsCompleted=0 and initialized=0
AO_MovingTrashBox::run for 1de30590 when constructorsCompleted=0 and initialized=0
AO_MovingTrashBox::run for 1de3cb08 when constructorsCompleted=0 and initialized=0
AO_MovingTrashBox::run for 1de49080 when constructorsCompleted=0 and initialized=0
AO_MovingTrashBox::run for 1de555f8 when constructorsCompleted=0 and initialized=0
AO_MovingTrashBox::run for 1de61b70 when constructorsCompleted=0 and initialized=0

getValidMotorTech incorrect numberTech 54
getValidMotorTech incorrect numberTech 73
MEM: 13036876 13036876 11965176 (+0)
name=6629 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
name=6358 27 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
name=5541 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
name=5561 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
name=5602 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
name=5535 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
name=5602 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
name=6070 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
name=5602 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
name=5579 12 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
name=6742 9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
name=5541 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
name=5579 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
name=5583 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
name=5583 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
name=6742 17 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
name=5592 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

xLoadEntities 1
IN WAREHOUSE
Candidates:
semitrailer 10.8292/10.8292/10.8292 0.203155/0.184686 U INVSB 371992 (model_Log_Pipes 0)
$AI8 24.3718/24.3718/24.3718 0.0677012/0.0615466 L 0 (model_Freightliner_ClassicXL 8)
$POLICE1 290.992/290.992/633.955 0.00747467/0.00679515 U noscp INVSB 349520 (model_Police01 7)
$POLICE0 1180.98/1180.98/1181.02 0.00282139/0.0025649 L noscp 0 (model_Police01 4)
model_Freightliner_ClassicXL 5000/5000/5000 0/0 L nomem noscp 0 (@model_Freightliner_ClassicXL 4)
model_Peterbilt_378 5000/5000/5000 0/0 L nomem noscp 0 (@model_Peterbilt_378 13)
model_GMC_TopKick8500 5000/5000/5000 0/0 L nomem noscp 0 (@model_GMC_TopKick8500 2)
model_Dodge_Intrepid 5000/5000/5000 0/0 L nomem noscp 0 (@model_Dodge_Intrepid 10)
model_Dodge_Intrepid 5000/5000/5000 0/0 L nomem noscp 0 (@model_Dodge_Intrepid 4)
model_Dodge_Intrepid 5000/5000/5000 0/0 L nomem noscp 0 (@model_Dodge_Intrepid 2)
model_Toyota_Camry 5000/5000/5000 0/0 L nomem noscp 0 (@model_Toyota_Camry 4)
model_Toyota_Camry 5000/5000/5000 0/0 L nomem noscp 0 (@model_Toyota_Camry 0)
model_VW_NewBeatle 5000/5000/5000 0/0 L nomem noscp 0 (@model_VW_NewBeatle 12)
model_VW_NewBeatle 5000/5000/5000 0/0 L nomem noscp 0 (@model_VW_NewBeatle 4)
model_Chevy_Avalanche 5000/5000/5000 0/0 L nomem noscp 0 (@model_Chevy_Avalanche 8)
model_Chevy_Silverado 5000/5000/5000 0/0 L nomem noscp 0 (@model_Chevy_Silverado 10)
model_Dodge_Gr_Cv 5000/5000/5000 0/0 L nomem noscp 0 (@model_Dodge_Gr_Cv 8)
PRIORITY LOAD: semitrailer 10.8292/10.8292/10.8292 0.203155/0.184686 U INVSB 371992 (model_Log_Pipes 0)
load Request, (SE model_Log_Pipes 0) ls=371992 dist=10.8292
LOAD: semitrailer 10.8292/10.8292/10.8292 0.203155/0.184686 L 371992 (model_Log_Pipes 0)
D:\Nicolas\HT3\Engine\vwiEngineContainerMisc.cpp (1166) : Dword PETERBILT_379_RamaTexDword already bind for instance 0
carv->run #0 UP!!
cbLoadAOModel(): vehUpgrades differrs vehUpgradesId=0 vehUpgrade=1b75b5b8, pactor=0x1ef92d38 vehUpgrade=1e847100
cVUES_Item_List:FAILED findNode PETERBILT_379_RamaTexDword in model_Peterbilt_379
cVUES_Item_List:FAILED findNode PETERBILT_379_RamaTexDword in model_Peterbilt_379
D:\Nicolas\HT3\Engine\vwiEngineContainerMisc.cpp (1166) : Dword WESTERN_STAR4900_EX_RamaTexDword already bind for instance 0
D:\Nicolas\HT3\Application\vwiApplication.cpp (1035) : ERROR: Can't find resource Switch_FCXL_LLight_FFL
D:\Nicolas\HT3\utilityK\rnr\basicoperations.cpp (39) : ERROR.Cannot find Switch for carlight named Switch_FCXL_LLight_FFL time: 906.72
cbLoadAOModel(): vehUpgrades differrs vehUpgradesId=0 vehUpgrade=1b75b5b8, pactor=0x1eee8f70 vehUpgrade=1e87dd28
cVUES_Item_List:FAILED findNode WESTERN_STAR4900_EX_RamaTexDword in model_WesternStar_4900
cVUES_Item_List:FAILED findNode WESTERN_STAR4900_EX_RamaTexDword in model_WesternStar_4900
put_H UP!!
HumanLaneMin: íèæíèé êîä íå äîëæåí èñïîëíÿòüñÿ, òê íå èçâåñòåí maxlane
getValidMotorTech incorrect numberTech 46
LOAD: semitrailer 38.1579/38.1579/38.1579 0.0576552/0.0524138 U INVSB 3050118 (model_Flat_bed_cargo3 0)
Entity loaded, (SE model_Flat_bed_cargo3 0) ls=3050118 dt=0.361924, distances=20.2379 26.9834, dr=10.7346, v=29.6598 drc=0 v=0
_Carv_V::set_Pos_afterMove UP!! #1
_Carv_V::set_Pos0 UP!! #1
D:\Nicolas\HT3\Application\vwiApplication.cpp (1035) : ERROR: Can't find resource Dword_Flat_bed_cargo3_LLight_rot_01
D:\Nicolas\HT3\utilityK\rnr\basicoperations.cpp (39) : ERROR.Cannot find Switch for carlight named Dword_Flat_bed_cargo3_LLight_rot_01 time: 912.27
D:\Nicolas\HT3\Application\vwiApplication.cpp (1035) : ERROR: Can't find resource Dword_Flat_bed_cargo3_LLight_rot_02
D:\Nicolas\HT3\utilityK\rnr\basicoperations.cpp (39) : ERROR.Cannot find Switch for carlight named Dword_Flat_bed_cargo3_LLight_rot_02 time: 912.27
D:\Nicolas\HT3\Application\vwiApplication.cpp (1035) : ERROR: Can't find resource Dword_Flat_bed_cargo3_LLight_Gab
D:\Nicolas\HT3\utilityK\rnr\basicoperations.cpp (39) : ERROR.Cannot find Switch for carlight named Dword_Flat_bed_cargo3_LLight_Gab time: 912.27
D:\Nicolas\HT3\Application\vwiApplication.cpp (1035) : ERROR: Can't find resource Dword_Flat_bed_cargo3_LLight_Stop
D:\Nicolas\HT3\utilityK\rnr\basicoperations.cpp (39) : ERROR.Cannot find Switch for carlight named Dword_Flat_bed_cargo3_LLight_Stop time: 912.27
D:\Nicolas\HT3\Application\vwiApplication.cpp (1035) : ERROR: Can't find resource Dword_Flat_bed_cargo3_LLight_Back
D:\Nicolas\HT3\utilityK\rnr\basicoperations.cpp (39) : ERROR.Cannot find Switch for carlight named Dword_Flat_bed_cargo3_LLight_Back time: 912.27
D:\Nicolas\HT3\Application\vwiApplication.cpp (1035) : ERROR: Can't find resource Dword_Flat_bed_cargo3_LLight_Park
D:\Nicolas\HT3\utilityK\rnr\basicoperations.cpp (39) : ERROR.Cannot find Switch for carlight named Dword_Flat_bed_cargo3_LLight_Park time: 912.27
getValidMotorTech incorrect numberTech 74
PAGER: YOU ARE FIFTH
D:\Nicolas\HT3\Engine\vwiEngineContainerMisc.cpp (1166) : Dword KENWORTH_T800_RamaTexDword already bind for instance 0
getValidMotorTech incorrect numberTech 67
cbLoadAOModel(): vehUpgrades differrs vehUpgradesId=0 vehUpgrade=1b75b5b8, pactor=0x1ecd7bc0 vehUpgrade=1e924280
cVUES_Item_List:FAILED findNode KENWORTH_T800_RamaTexDword in model_Kenworth_T800
cVUES_Item_List:FAILED findNode KENWORTH_T800_RamaTexDword in model_Kenworth_T800
D:\Nicolas\HT3\Application\vwiApplication.cpp (1035) : ERROR: Can't find resource Dword_Kenworth_T800_DLight_Upgrade_Lights
D:\Nicolas\HT3\Application\vwiApplication.cpp (1035) : ERROR: Can't find resource Dword_Kenworth_T800_DLight_Upgrade_Lights
D:\Nicolas\HT3\Application\vwiApplication.cpp (1035) : ERROR: Can't find resource Dwo
.................................................. .................................................. ....
ok i know thats a lot to read and look at but at the end of it is where my computer goes into reboot mode
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab58/countryboy2010_photos/mypcspecs2.jpg
ok all i'v done to try and fix this is uninstall the game and delete all the folders and reinstall but still did not work the only thing i have not done is reinstall windows

sooo if any one can help plzzz do oh and one more thing i bought the gamme from gamestop in my town and its the English version..
oh and it would nto let me past all the file but i left the error end of it on here

USA Trucker
03-08-2011, 09:02 AM

What is your CPU speed? It just says Intel(R). Also bare in mind that you are meeting the Minimal Specs, and many have been reporting problems with this. You need the Recommended Specs to get this game to run properly. See this post HERE (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=15891)

cbjody
03-08-2011, 05:44 PM

What is your CPU speed? It just says Intel(R). Also bare in mind that you are meeting the Minimal Specs, and many have been reporting problems with this. You need the Recommended Specs to get this game to run properly. See this post HERE (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=15891)

my cpu is a pentium[R] D CPU 3.00 GHz i never had a problem playing the game till three days ago and my computer would go to reboot mode dont even show any errors

USA Trucker
03-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Your video card is also 8400, and you need 8800 or above. All in all, you computer is good. You're just running at minimal specs, and you will have issues. Sorry, I can't assist further. Even your config data listed is showing minimal. Yea, you may get it to run, but with a lot of issues.:(

kingtoid
04-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Hello,
I have been playing this game as of late and have grown increasingly frustrated by the fact that the game has gotten to a point that it can't get past.
I have the random crashing issues where it crashes every few hours of gameplay, but there is one spot on a mission that the game always, I mean every time, 6 times in a row, crashes. It's when you do the mission where you meet with the two other guys to go crash into the water tower and destroy the "bad guys'" compound. I think that it is called "go meet at the gorge". Any way, after you meet at the truck stop and the cinematic plays, the second it goes back to gameplay, it stops and the whole thing goes back to desktop. Sometimes it has a "Rig'n'Roll has stopped working" dialog box, but it always crashes. You can see the game load, as it fades from black into game play and you can see all the models loaded and the sound works, but as it completes fading back to reality it dies.

Specs:
CPU: Athlon 64 X2 (1.9GHz) tried at this setting and tried with CPU OC'ed to 2.2 GHz. Same error. Problem is not CPU.
RAM: 3Gb DDR2 800
Video Card: 9800GT

Before saying it, the problem is NOT the CPU. I have checked, and also ran the game at 2.4GHz and 2.5GHz and it was no different.

It seems almost like a file is missing or corrupted. Does anybody know what this is or how to fix it?

USA Trucker
04-20-2011, 06:16 PM

Unfortunately the problem is related to your system speed. You are just barely meeting the minimal specs in relation to CPU Speed. The game just simply can’t handle 1.9GHz - 2.5GHz as you described. Many people have had crashes at the same particular point, or multiple points. I’m not saying you don’t have other issues, like a corrupt, or missing file, but this is the most common as reported all over this forum when using a CPU slower than 3.0GHz as described HERE (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=15891). I’m sorry I can’t assist you further, and I strongly doubt anyone else could.

kingtoid
04-21-2011, 12:43 AM
Yup, I just reinstalled it and it did nothing. Guess I will have to wait a while to play this game in it's full capacity. (Still waiting for Bulldozer. Stubborn fanboyism that is.) Thanks for getting back on that then. People here are more helpful (responsive) than the publisher/dev that's for sure.

USA Trucker
04-21-2011, 08:39 AM
Thanks for getting back on that then. People here are more helpful (responsive) than the publisher/dev that's for sure.
You’re quite welcome. I believe that a moderator is not just a peace-keeper, but should be very fluent about the game forum he/she moderates. I try to answer all questions on the same day as the member submits it.:)

Mephic
04-27-2011, 11:43 PM
So... I thought that I'm ok with the system related part but I guess I'm not. I just received 4th crash to desktop today when being nearby garage. There is no communicate at all. My system specs are not the issue... so what can be? :( That's sad, I can often get to the garage normally but I'm scared and I have to save the game every time before I try to do that :P

USA Trucker
04-28-2011, 11:17 PM
Since you have the Polish version, I can’t really help here. Maybe one of our Polish gammers can lend a hand. Only one thing comes to mind though, and that is you have a 2.8GHz over clocked to 3.6GHz I think you said in another post. I have heard some unfavorable remarks to over-clocking a system in other forums, and this may be a problem. I never did this, so I personally can’t say for sure. I simply just don’t do it for my own peace of mind.

Mephic
05-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Installing 270.51 NV drivers seems to have helped me with this issue. Another thing is that I resigned from the story mode, and I'm focusing on developing my company (I don't play the story itself) and it's all ok now :)

bjorn324
05-17-2011, 03:18 PM
I cannot use my communicator anymore (F3 menu). So if I want to see some specs of a misssion it isn't possible anymore. The screen will just freeze when I hit F3, after I hit escape I can move on with the game
Anyone familiar with this bug?

flykas
06-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Well , I still can't find a solution for my crashing issue. It happens whenever particles from wet road should start to come of the truck. Only thing that fixes thsi problem is instaling old drivers with wich it worked. And yeah I allways update drivers from nvidia. My card geforce 240 gt.

USA Trucker
06-08-2011, 03:03 PM
@Flykas,

An unusual problem indeed. Sorry I can’t offer any further advice other than what I stated in my last post. I don’t believe it’s a game issue. It may have something to do with your graphics card, or driver. Hopefully someone can assist you further on this forum.:(

flykas
06-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Maybe there are some alternative drivers ? not from nvidia ?

Enforcer
06-26-2011, 08:38 PM
I purchased Rig n Roll and installed it,activated it successfully but each time I want to run the game a small screen appears and says:

Runtime Error!
Program C:/Program Files/1C Company/RigNRoll/Bin/rnr.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way
Please contact the application´s support team for more information

But 4 days later the game worked perfectly,without crashes or bugs,but no traffic was there also I saved a game,the next day it stopped to work and came to the same screen or runtime error,the next month happened the same: worked perfectly no bus no crashes but no traffic and I was able to open the saved game,the next day stops to work
My laptop meets all the requirements of the game.
Thanks

USA Trucker
06-26-2011, 08:46 PM

For arguments sake, please list your computer specs, including graphic card. Laptops typically can’t handle this, or any high quality graphics games along with demanding CPU games such as this one.

Enforcer
06-27-2011, 02:32 AM

For arguments sake, please list your computer specs, including graphic card. Laptops typically can’t handle this, or any high quality graphics games along with demanding CPU games such as this one.

Yeah my laptop is an HP Pavilion dv4,with an amd athlonx2 duel core 250 gb,5400 rpm 2048 mb and an ati radeon graphics card,its very good ,as I said the game has worked twice

USA Trucker
06-27-2011, 02:45 AM
That’s all well, and good. What is needed to assess your situation is the speed of your CPU (in Ghz, like 2.4Ghz), and what particular version is your ATI Radeon graphics card (series #, like 3870)?

Judging by your system specs, and I’ve looked it up. Your system appears to have a CPU speed of less than 2.0Ghz. If this is the case, then here is where your problem lies. Your ATI Radeon may also be the problem depending on the model/series #.

Enforcer
06-28-2011, 12:17 AM
Uhm I dont think the graphic card is the problem,I could play the game twice without problems,mirrors working,no lags and visible chrome but no traffic,also the police pulled over me once,the only traffic visible were police and competition trucks,then I got bored and went to do some missions,the animations played without problems or lags

USA Trucker
06-28-2011, 12:37 AM
You’re misunderstanding everything I stated. It’s a combination of your slow speed CPU & your Graphics Card. This game is NOT meant for Laptops. I can’t make it any simpler. I’m trying to help you, and you’re arguing with me without fully giving your system specs. Your Laptop is not capable of handling this game. That’s why you can only intermittently play it. What else can I say? I try to answer everyones questions as quickly as I can. Seeing you log-in, and then log-out quickly, makes it difficult to hold a conversation with.

Enforcer
06-28-2011, 02:30 AM
I am really sorry,that happened because when I usually post a tread the answer appears the next day,the another forums administrators usually dont log in for a long time,I am really sorry I wont do that again:(

USA Trucker
06-28-2011, 02:39 AM
No problem. So what is your CPU speed & Graphics Card Model/Serial #?

flykas
07-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Well , I still can't find a solution for my crashing issue. It happens whenever particles from wet road should start to come of the truck. Only thing that fixes thsi problem is instaling old drivers with wich it worked. And yeah I allways update drivers from nvidia. My card geforce 240 gt.

Solved somehow. I'm not sure what helped, but now I play without any antialising and it works. Though I tried that before, but I gues there were still some antialising left.

Solved somehow. I'm not sure what helped, but now I play without any antialising and it works. Though I tried that before, but I gues there were still some antialising left.

Nope. Today loaded a game and it crashes again :]

USA Trucker
07-03-2011, 07:08 PM
You may have to un-check the antialising every time you play. Look at it just to make sure. I’ve heard of this happening before.

flykas
07-04-2011, 08:02 AM
yeah. But I don't know now, maybe antialisng isn't the case, cuz after playing for some time other savegame where wasn't raining I loaded that one where it's raining at the start and it was crashing,it worked. Maybe it has something to do with game loading all the textures or something after u play for some time.

rigNrollDave
10-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Hi all, I hope people can assist here. I just bought Righ & Roll 1 week ago. I noticed some crashing bugs that happend right at playing, but was able to get past them and play the game. What a fun game.. lol. Being that I am from Cali, being able to drive on these highways crack me up. Their are a few descrepencies, but then again, some things you see on the side of the road, are on the side of the road....

Ok so to my problem, I am on the Gorge level. I hope people understand what that means. Before I got the call from Dakota saying blblabla, and lets meet at the truck stop at hwy 395/108.... Well I am still trying to pass this. The problem I have is I'll save my game throughout playing the game, but I can only save prior to that phone w/ dakota all of a sudden. I have no idea if it has to do w/ that level I am at, or if the game just crashes. Anyhow, I haven't solved that stupid level yet, and did figure out the backroads you have to drive on. My problem is i have to start over 30 minutes in the passed just to rstart... I have tried 4 times alread (2 hours!). the game will crash randomly.

Ok, and besides that I have tried to apply the patch, but the patch says I have no RignRoll installed.

So, very bugged issues. I got upto this level, but cannot get passed it. Don't want to go too far back, but sadly I might have to restart the game. Honestly I don't want to waste time if the program is just going to crash.

What is wrong w/ level "the gorge"? Why can't we save after the original phone call w/ Dakota that explains where to meet? We can realy save, but if you load the level up, it crashes within seconds of loading. Thus making me have to back through my archives of saves.... at least 30 minutes. Lol if I fail the level... I lost atleast an hour of game time or my life.

sigh... anyone else had this issue? I am just trying to get passed that level and move on w/ the story line.

USA Trucker
10-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Please list you system specs. Like in my signature.

Nishczyciel
10-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Ok. I have a "big problem" (i think it's big). My game is not crashing (as far as i undestand what "crash" means). It just keep closing without any reason. One second you are playing just fine and in the next you see the desktop with no error...

My PC Specs:
AMD Phenom X4 945 3,0 GHz CPU
Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P Motherboard
Gainward GTX 260 896MB
Kingston 4x2 GB DDR3 1333 MHz
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit (Polish)

I'm using Polish version of Rig N Roll but I've already tried English version with the same result.

Regards, Rafal

USA Trucker
10-13-2011, 08:03 PM

Please let me know where you purchased the game for me to help you further.

Nishczyciel
10-13-2011, 08:15 PM
From polish publisher Cenega. It's not a digital downlowd, it's a box version of the game 3.0.3.2682

USA Trucker
10-13-2011, 08:20 PM
And where did you get the English Version?

Nishczyciel
10-13-2011, 08:27 PM
The polish version installer allow to install polish version and/or english version. I'm thinking of downloading true english version of Rig n roll from some torrent sites and then install it with my CD-KEY.

USA Trucker
10-14-2011, 07:59 PM
I have recieved your PM's, and have submitted your problem to the powers that be. I'll PM you as to the results. Give them until next week. Most aren't around on the weekend. Let's stick with PM's on your case for now. ;)

Nishczyciel
10-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Ok... "closing game" problem ended, but now there is another problem. In the mission where i have to talk with Murdoc when i go to the motel to advance time my game is crashing. It happens everytime when the countdown to the meeting is less then 120 minutes. here is report of the crash:

Nazwa aplikacji powodującej błąd: rnr.exe, wersja: 3.0.1.2667, sygnatura czasowa: 0x4bc7e35f
Nazwa modułu powodującego błąd: nvd3dum.dll, wersja: 8.17.12.8026, sygnatura czasowa: 0x4e3909fb
Kod wyjątku: 0xc0000005
Przesunięcie błędu: 0x00589b86
Identyfikator procesu powodującego błąd: 0x760
Godzina uruchomienia aplikacji powodującej błąd: 0x01cc8e6286800bdc
Ścieżka aplikacji powodującej błąd: D:\RigNRoll\Bin\rnr.exe
Ścieżka modułu powodującego błąd: C:\Windows\system32\nvd3dum.dll
Identyfikator raportu: 2ba14b4b-fa57-11e0-9af3-00241d7f1a07

I tried reinstalling (if you can call that) DirectX, VGA driver and the game itself. the problem is in polish/english version from Polish publisher (cenega) and in english version from yuplay. I even installed DllSuite to find a missing/corrupted nvd3dum.dll but either it isn't corrupted/missing or dllsuite can't detect it's malfunction. I've searched nvd3dum problems on google and most of the answers for this problem is to reinstall the game, but as I said before I've tried that and it doesn't help. What is interesting in this crash report is this: "Ścieżka modułu powodującego błąd: C:\Windows\system32\nvd3dum.dll"
In "system32" there is no nvd3dum.dll file. There is however nvd3dumx.dll.

Regards, Nish

Nevermind... The problem was some garbage from video card drivers. Instead of reinstalling drivers, I've uninstalled them, removed all nvidia junk from system, and then installed new drivers. After this the game is working beautifully.

The nvd3dum.dll crash appeared again... after reboot of the system. It looks like it's crashing when it rains and the tarmac is changing from normal texture to wet texture. There has to be a way to fix that permanently, because i don't wanna reinstall VGA drivers everytime i reboot my PC.

USA Trucker
10-26-2011, 04:12 PM
The nvd3dum.dll crash appeared again... after reboot of the system. It looks like it's crashing when it rains and the tarmac is changing from normal texture to wet texture. There has to be a way to fix that permanently, because i don't wanna reinstall VGA drivers everytime i reboot my PC.

None that I’m aware of. Sorry.:(

centy2010
02-24-2012, 06:48 PM
Got game crash in a mission.
When you have to take the special cargo from Oxnard to Lebec to receive further instruction on the delivery's destination.
After dakota has stopped the truck chasing you, you receive informations to continue to the truck stop ahead.
There should be a video cutscene at the crossroad to Los Angeles however the game crash everytime there.

(Please USA Trucker, don't say it comes from CPU config. I played the game for more than 40 hours without a crash.)

USA Trucker
02-24-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm not going to repeat something you know so well, and that I've said all too often. You 've never bothered to give system specs in any of your postings that I recall. Therefore the subject is mute. I can only tell you that I've played hundreds of hours, and never had a crash. Min. Specs for this game stinks, and is inaccurate. You need at least Rec. Specs or above.

centy2010
02-24-2012, 07:27 PM
The post I made concerning the crashing issue can be resolved. I've seen other players had some problems with video cutscenes during missions.
All videos in the games are played by the library binkw32.dll. You can find it under the bin folder of the game.
So My crashing issue was coming from a cutscene and I then tested other versions of binkw32.dll. I found one with no crashing :) http://www.dll-files.com/binkw32.zip?0WFmO0WIiU

Just replace your blinkw32.dll by this one and it does the trick.

thecrius
08-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Steam Topic: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=32147327

Hello 1C peeps, i'm going to paste the content of my post from the Steam Forum:

Going straight:

Launching the game from the desktop icon or che "play" button inside steam load and close in an infinite loop che steam window "Loading Rig'n'Roll" (not the exact string, my version is in italian, just to let you understand what happens).

I've to click on "cancel" to break the loop.

Entering the game directory, subdirectory "bin", launching rnr.exe allow me to see the popup of the game, the screen turn black, i can hear some sound and music of the intro video i suppose. Pressing ESC then close the application and i'll be back to the desktop.

My system is a notebook with:

windows7x64
I3-380M
Nvidia GEforce GT540M
4Gb Ram DDR3

DXDiag (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11499137/DxDiag.txt): Due to Nvidia Optimus Technology, the dxdiag do not detect the Nvidia GT540M but the Intel one.

NOTE
Without setting specifically the nvidia optimus to run the program with the Nvidia, the game track the intel graphic card and the rungame.exe start and showup the message "your system pass the minimum requirements". I've not launch the game then cause i want it with the nvidia graphic card of course.

UPDATE: Tried using the default intel graphic card with same result. Game popup, black screen with sound in background, crash to desktop.
Absolutely no error or report.

BUT, searching around the directory of the game i found hs_err_pid168.log and into the file were present the following lines (log doesn't change with the nvidia card):
#
# An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x0144c1a7, pid=168, tid=6048
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.5.0_08-b03 mixed mode)
# Problematic frame:
# C [rnr.exe+0x104c1a7]
#

--------------- T H R E A D ---------------

Current thread (0x0036aa80): JavaThread "main" [_thread_in_native, id=6048]

siginfo: ExceptionCode=0xc0000005, reading address 0x00000000

Registers:
EAX=0x00000000, EBX=0x04f0d5b4, ECX=0x00000000, EDX=0x00000000
ESP=0x0018c894, EBP=0x02484228, ESI=0x00000000, EDI=0x02484f38
EIP=0x0144c1a7, EFLAGS=0x00010202

Top of Stack: (sp=0x0018c894)
0x0018c894: 02484f38 02484f38 011b2e21 00000000
0x0018c8a4: 00000000 0018d180 04f0d580 011b5660
0x0018c8b4: 02484f38 02484f38 04f24664 02484228
0x0018c8c4: 0018d28c 00000041 00000000 ffffffee
0x0018c8d4: 0144ff73 ffffffee 02480d3c 014506ca
0x0018c8e4: 1fccb290 1fccb297 1fccb297 01450715
0x0018c8f4: 01450715 00000012 0018cb84 ffffffff
0x0018c904: 00000007 00000000 1f7b3848 1f7b3854

Instructions: (pc=0x0144c1a7)
0x0144c197: 8b 74 24 0c 57 eb 09 66 85 c9 74 11 42 42 46 46
0x0144c1a7: 66 8b 0e 0f b7 02 0f b7 f9 2b c7 74 ea 85 c0 5f

Stack: [0x00090000,0x00190000), sp=0x0018c894, free space=1010k
Native frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code, C=native code)
C [rnr.exe+0x104c1a7]

Java frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code)
j menu.JavaEvents.SendEvent(IILjava/lang/Object;)V+0
j menuscript.mainmenu.QuickRaceNewGame$Trucks.recive TableData()V+17
j menuscript.mainmenu.QuickRaceNewGame$Trucks.<init>(Lmenuscript/mainmenu/QuickRaceNewGame;JLmenuscript/mainmenu/QuickRaceNewGame;)V+153
j menuscript.mainmenu.QuickRaceNewGame.<init>(J[JJJJJLmenuscript/mainmenu/Panel;)V+615
j menuscript.mainmenu.QuickRace.<init>(Lmenuscript/mainmenu/MainMenu;)V+124
j menuscript.mainmenu.StartMenu.InitMenu(J)V+191
v ~StubRoutines::call_stub

--------------- P R O C E S S ---------------

Java Threads: ( => current thread )
0x0e9e9590 JavaThread "Thread-2" [_thread_in_native, id=7264]
0x0e925ea8 JavaThread "TimerQueue" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=5772]
0x0e861cc0 JavaThread "Java2D Disposer" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=7252]
0x0e93d890 JavaThread "AWT-Windows" daemon [_thread_in_native, id=920]
0x04b81450 JavaThread "Low Memory Detector" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=8748]
0x04b812c0 JavaThread "CompilerThread0" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=6544]
0x04b80c38 JavaThread "Signal Dispatcher" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=8936]
0x04b6e260 JavaThread "Finalizer" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=7160]
0x04b6cc60 JavaThread "Reference Handler" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=9136]
=>0x0036aa80 JavaThread "main" [_thread_in_native, id=6048]

Other Threads:
0x04b28f20 VMThread [id=6904]
0x04b15ec0 WatcherThread [id=3348]

VM state:not at safepoint (normal execution)

VM Mutex/Monitor currently owned by a thread: None

Heap
def new generation total 576K, used 71K [0x08420000, 0x084c0000, 0x08690000)
eden space 512K, 1% used [0x08420000, 0x08421e40, 0x084a0000)
from space 64K, 99% used [0x084b0000, 0x084bfff8, 0x084c0000)
to space 64K, 0% used [0x084a0000, 0x084a0000, 0x084b0000)
tenured generation total 5264K, used 4046K [0x08690000, 0x08bb4000, 0x0a420000)
the space 5264K, 76% used [0x08690000, 0x08a83950, 0x08a83a00, 0x08bb4000)
compacting perm gen total 9984K, used 9884K [0x0a420000, 0x0ade0000, 0x0e420000)
the space 9984K, 99% used [0x0a420000, 0x0adc71a0, 0x0adc7200, 0x0ade0000)
No shared spaces configured.

Dynamic libraries:
0x00400000 - 0x02565000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rig n roll\Bin\rnr.exe
0x77a10000 - 0x77b90000 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
0x75750000 - 0x75860000 C:\Windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll
0x76a10000 - 0x76a56000 C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
0x72370000 - 0x723a2000 C:\Windows\system32\WINMM.dll
0x77110000 - 0x771bc000 C:\Windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll
0x76b90000 - 0x76c90000 C:\Windows\syswow64\USER32.dll
0x76a60000 - 0x76af0000 C:\Windows\syswow64\GDI32.dll
0x77b90000 - 0x77b9a000 C:\Windows\syswow64\LPK.dll
0x766a0000 - 0x7673d000 C:\Windows\syswow64\USP10.dll
0x76740000 - 0x767e0000 C:\Windows\syswow64\ADVAPI32.dll
0x76b70000 - 0x76b89000 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll
0x76fe0000 - 0x770d0000 C:\Windows\syswow64\RPCRT4.dll
0x75540000 - 0x755a0000 C:\Windows\syswow64\SspiCli.dll
0x75530000 - 0x7553c000 C:\Windows\syswow64\CRYPTBASE.dll
0x5e0d0000 - 0x5e293000 C:\Windows\system32\d3d9.dll
0x73370000 - 0x73379000 C:\Windows\system32\VERSION.dll
0x62160000 - 0x62166000 C:\Windows\system32\d3d8thk.dll
0x74560000 - 0x74573000 C:\Windows\system32\dwmapi.dll
0x65c10000 - 0x65c82000 C:\Windows\system32\DSOUND.dll
0x764b0000 - 0x7660c000 C:\Windows\syswow64\ole32.dll
0x6aca0000 - 0x6acc5000 C:\Windows\system32\POWRPROF.dll
0x76c90000 - 0x76e2d000 C:\Windows\syswow64\SETUPAPI.dll
0x77bc0000 - 0x77be7000 C:\Windows\syswow64\CFGMGR32.dll
0x76f50000 - 0x76fdf000 C:\Windows\syswow64\OLEAUT32.dll
0x77ba0000 - 0x77bb2000 C:\Windows\syswow64\DEVOBJ.dll
0x74070000 - 0x74095000 C:\Windows\system32\DINPUT.dll
0x73740000 - 0x73770000 C:\Windows\system32\DINPUT8.dll
0x73bf0000 - 0x73c04000 C:\Windows\system32\MSACM32.dll
0x75860000 - 0x764aa000 C:\Windows\syswow64\SHELL32.dll
0x75690000 - 0x756e7000 C:\Windows\syswow64\SHLWAPI.dll
0x10000000 - 0x10019000 C:\Windows\system32\OpenAL32.dll
0x18000000 - 0x18033000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rig n roll\Bin\binkw32.dll
0x02710000 - 0x02e5c000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rig n roll\Bin\protect.dll
0x74730000 - 0x7477c000 C:\Windows\system32\apphelp.dll
0x767f0000 - 0x76850000 C:\Windows\system32\IMM32.DLL
0x755a0000 - 0x7566c000 C:\Windows\syswow64\MSCTF.dll
0x722f0000 - 0x72325000 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nvinit.dll
0x74580000 - 0x74600000 C:\Windows\system32\uxtheme.dll
0x723b0000 - 0x723bb000 C:\Windows\system32\profapi.dll
0x05cc0000 - 0x05d3b000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rig n roll\bin\stdassert.dll
0x05d40000 - 0x05df5000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rig n roll\Bin\Dbghelp.dll
0x6d730000 - 0x6d8cb000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rig n roll\jvm\bin\client\jvm.dll
0x6d2f0000 - 0x6d2f8000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rig n roll\jvm\bin\hpi.dll
0x75670000 - 0x75675000 C:\Windows\syswow64\PSAPI.DLL
0x6d700000 - 0x6d70c000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rig n roll\jvm\bin\verify.dll
0x6d370000 - 0x6d38d000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rig n roll\jvm\bin\java.dll
0x6d720000 - 0x6d72f000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rig n roll\jvm\bin\zip.dll
0x6d070000 - 0x6d1d9000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rig n roll\Jvm\bin\awt.dll
0x746d0000 - 0x74721000 C:\Windows\system32\WINSPOOL.DRV
0x0ebf0000 - 0x0ec12000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rig n roll\Bin\rnr.dll
0x771c0000 - 0x77243000 C:\Windows\syswow64\CLBCatQ.DLL
0x743e0000 - 0x743e9000 C:\Windows\system32\HID.DLL
0x76620000 - 0x7664d000 C:\Windows\syswow64\WINTRUST.dll
0x76e30000 - 0x76f4e000 C:\Windows\syswow64\CRYPT32.dll
0x75680000 - 0x7568c000 C:\Windows\syswow64\MSASN1.dll
0x673b0000 - 0x673e9000 C:\Windows\System32\MMDevApi.dll
0x73950000 - 0x73a45000 C:\Windows\System32\PROPSYS.dll
0x67430000 - 0x67466000 C:\Windows\system32\AUDIOSES.DLL
0x6ede0000 - 0x6ee10000 C:\Windows\system32\wdmaud.drv
0x674c0000 - 0x674c4000 C:\Windows\system32\ksuser.dll
0x73d30000 - 0x73d37000 C:\Windows\system32\AVRT.dll
0x736f0000 - 0x736f8000 C:\Windows\system32\msacm32.drv
0x736e0000 - 0x736e7000 C:\Windows\system32\midimap.dll
0x139c0000 - 0x13a54000 C:\Windows\system32\igdumdx32.dll
0x13b20000 - 0x1413e000 C:\Windows\system32\igdumd32.dll
0x72840000 - 0x72878000 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dxdiagn.dll
0x6eba0000 - 0x6ec23000 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dxgi.dll
0x69fa0000 - 0x6a0a2000 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3d10.dll
0x6c140000 - 0x6c173000 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3d10core.dll
0x6b160000 - 0x6b18c000 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3d10_1.dll
0x6b0f0000 - 0x6b12a000 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3d10_1core.dll
0x69f10000 - 0x69f93000 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3d11.dll
0x73d50000 - 0x73d5a000 C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wbemprox.dll
0x6ec50000 - 0x6ecac000 C:\Windows\system32\wbemcomn.dll
0x770d0000 - 0x77105000 C:\Windows\syswow64\WS2_32.dll
0x76610000 - 0x76616000 C:\Windows\syswow64\NSI.dll
0x742b0000 - 0x742c6000 C:\Windows\system32\CRYPTSP.dll
0x74270000 - 0x742ab000 C:\Windows\system32\rsaenh.dll
0x72a30000 - 0x72a3e000 C:\Windows\system32\RpcRtRemote.dll
0x73660000 - 0x7366f000 C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wbemsvc.dll
0x67130000 - 0x671c6000 C:\Windows\system32\wbem\fastprox.dll
0x73c80000 - 0x73c98000 C:\Windows\system32\NTDSAPI.dll
0x742f0000 - 0x742f7000 C:\Windows\system32\winbrand.dll
0x6d2b0000 - 0x6d2ef000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rig n roll\Jvm\bin\fontmanager.dll
0x6d530000 - 0x6d543000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rig n roll\Jvm\bin\net.dll
0x736a0000 - 0x736dc000 C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll
0x73e80000 - 0x73e86000 C:\Windows\System32\wship6.dll
0x6d550000 - 0x6d559000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rig n roll\Jvm\bin\nio.dll
0x6d230000 - 0x6d253000 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rig n roll\Jvm\bin\dcpr.dll
0x11d70000 - 0x121c8000 C:\Windows\system32\wrap_oal.dll

VM Arguments:
jvm_args: -Djava.library.path=;..\bin; -Xmx32m -XX:OnError="..\Bin\MiniDumper.exe"
java_command: <unknown>
Launcher Type: generic

Environment Variables:
CLASSPATH=.;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\Sys tem32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v 1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\EgisTec MyWinLocker\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\EgisTec MyWinLocker\x64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Network Monitor 3\;C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenVPN\bin
USERNAME=Claudio
OS=Windows_NT
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5, GenuineIntel

--------------- S Y S T E M ---------------

CPU:total 4 (cores per cpu 8, threads per core 2) family 6 model 5 stepping 5, cmov, cx8, fxsr, mmx, sse, sse2, ht

Memory: 4k page, physical 3857112k(2030124k free), swap 4194303k(4194303k free)

vm_info: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.5.0_08-b03) for windows-x86, built on Jul 26 2006 01:10:50 by "java_re" with MS VC++ 6.0

I've read the topic that bear the similar name of this topic but the laconic "it's a steam problem" doesn't help at all. Someone can explain better or just give some hint?

USA Trucker
08-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Hello & Welcome to the Forum. ;)

You may need to find someone with a similar Steam issue. The game is 2 years old now, and most members moved on. Is there a RNR forum over there at Steam, where you may get some help? I got mine through Impulse, so I can't assist you. Sorry. :(

On the main RNR Forum, below the Stickies, there are about 3 threads on the first page discussing RNR on Steam. Maybe one of those will have an answer to your problem. ;)

thecrius
08-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Actually none of the other topic seems related to my problem. Or, at least, the topic starters doesn't look deep into the problem enough to find some affinity with my problem.

Anyway, sorry to have to say this but other games, older than 2 years, are better manteinance and support as i can see.

USA Trucker
08-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Well if you checked some of the Patch/Update threads, you would know that the Dev's abandoned this game almost as soon as it came out. So there would be no reason to maintain this game as you seem to indicate. I'm mostly here to answer some common questions, and offer insight to the game at it's current state. ;)

Your problem lies with Steam, and not here.

thecrius
08-13-2012, 08:53 AM
Well if you checked some of the Patch/Update threads, you would know that the Dev's abandoned this game almost as soon as it came out. So there would be no reason to maintain this game as you seem to indicate. I'm mostly here to answer some common questions, and offer insight to the game at it's current state. ;)

Your problem lies with Steam, and not here.

You're just telling me to get a refund?
Because i cannot imagine what else Steam can do.

Anyway nothing against you Trucker of course. It's just such a shame that a product i still on sale while having issues like this.
It's not good for the "image" of 1C :roll:

USA Trucker
08-13-2012, 11:33 AM
You're just telling me to get a refund?
Because i cannot imagine what else Steam can do.

Anyway nothing against you Trucker of course. It's just such a shame that a product i still on sale while having issues like this.
It's not good for the "image" of 1C :roll:
You blaming the wrong people. In this case it's the Dev's that left, and apparently took all their secrets with them. It's not 1C's fault. We don't know what the contract between 1C, and the developers include. So it would be unfair to blame them for actions taken by the Dev's.

But let's get back to the basics. You're using a laptop/notebook in an attemp to play this game, and it's just not really the best platform for RNR.

You are also using GeForce GT540M that is not optimal for running this game See here (http://community.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/NVIDIA+GeForce+GT+540M/review#) and here (http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+GT+540M). The "M" tells me you're using a laptop/notebook. Your system is fine for running documents, spreadsheets, etc., and some low/mid-end CPU games. It's not meant for a game like this, that is poorly optimized from the start in regards to CPU usage, and memory allocation.

You're running this game on a I3-380M that only gives you about 2.5Ghz in CPU speed. There's just simply not enough power here to get this game going. So it's not 1C or Steam that is the issue here... it's your system, as shown here (http://ark.intel.com/products/50178/Intel-Core-i3-380M-Processor-(3M-Cache-2_53-GHz)). Many people buy laptops/notebooks for the wrong reason. It's not, and never has been designed for the gamer, or to replace a destop computer. It was designed for people on the go (work & students). Sure it can play some games, but don't expect the quality to be the same as a desktop. Especially with some of the more demanding games made after 2010, which is when your system came out.

Here is a post I made in this "Technical Category", and is the best way to get this game to run with the least amount of errors. Anything less is pot-luck.

Recommended System Requirements (Best to get this game to run properly).
Operating System: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 3,0 GHz
Memory: 2,0 GB Ram (I recommend 4GB)
Video card: DirectX 9.0 compatible, NVIDIA 8800 or Radeon HD 3870 with 256 MB or higher (I recommend 512MB, or more)
Sound card: DirectX 9.0 compatible
Hard disc: 10 GB free HD space
CD ROM: PC DVD-ROM

felin69
04-26-2013, 12:28 AM
i just bought the game from Wild Tangent, it was working great until i bought a couple of trucks(7) and hired the drivers to go with, and 3 other office. Then it started to crash and shut down.

a program having a problem and windows had to close the program.

i am running windows 7 with a A10-5700 APU 3.40 GHz 10 Go RAM with a Radeon HD 7660D graphic card

i tried to uninstalled and re installed but i keeped my saved game.

thank you anyone for you're help

USA Trucker
04-26-2013, 12:40 AM
i just bought the game from Wild Tangent, it was working great until i bought a couple of trucks(7) and hired the drivers to go with, and 3 other office. Then it started to crash and shut down.

a program having a problem and windows had to close the program.

i am running windows 7 with a A10-5700 APU 3.40 GHz 10 Go RAM with a Radeon HD 7660D graphic card

i tried to uninstalled and re installed but i keeped my saved game.

thank you anyone for you're help
Did you install the "Hotfix", and any updates? Is this a legitimate purchase? Torrents, or Pirated games will not be assisted here. I'm not saying you did, but I just want to cover my bases. ;)

felin69
04-26-2013, 09:37 PM
i bought i from Wildtangent and the hotfix is included. Now this is my first game i buy and i want to know what's the difference between sites like Wildtangent,steam, getgames and the cd version. 'cause i was planning on buying 18 weels of steels haulin and extreme truckers 2

thanks for your tips

USA Trucker
04-30-2013, 02:38 PM
It's all personal preference. I prefer Steam because it's been around longer, good support, and they have many sales.

michaelphi88
02-09-2014, 07:13 PM
I could be a number of things.

The suggestions so far mention a graphics card. This is an obvious conflict. You may want to check that out in more detail.

In the event that you have already done so, then I suggest you check your Windows registry settings. Conflicts always occur with Windows and its internal settings. There are few key settings that you can check out with the Systems tools already built into Windows.

You may also check out software that can do these checks for you and will tell you what conflicts are on your system. They tend to fix your computer in 1 click.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8504APfFQGE

tgp1994
10-24-2015, 11:12 PM
Hi everyone,

I know this game has been out for a long time, I hope we can still get support though!

I bought this game on Steam, and wanted to load an old save that I had been playing on years ago. Whenever I try to load the save though, the game will crash right at the end of the loading screen. My computer exceeds the requirements of the game, so I know it's not a hardware issue. I am running Windows 10, could that be causing problems?

The game creates a minidump if that might be useful.

USA Trucker
10-29-2015, 10:08 PM
Windows 10 could be the issue here, as this is an old game, and long abandoned by the developers. I have heard in the Steam forums about many games not running, and usually it's the default graphics driver that Win-10 gives you. I don't have Windows 10 yet, so I really can't help you further. I strongly suggest you go to the Steam Discussion Forum http://steamcommunity.com/app/46370/discussions/ and see if someone there can assist you.

For the most part, many of us here have moved on when the Dev's jumped ship.