PDA

View Full Version : Ctd

deekin
05-27-2010, 03:46 PM
I just made the switch from XP to Window 7. I install the game. after about 2 day I CTD when I leave the map. I try reloading, loading from diff save and still I CTD when I leave the map.. then I remember about the BMP folder that need to be made read only..

I did that didn't work. so I reinstall the game then made the file read only. start new game and still CTD. I found it odd since I remember that the game work just fine when I made the change when I play it on XP. Then I try running the game as Administrator and boom it work.

I find that kind of odd so I try reinstalling the game. didn't make any change then try to running the game normally and right away I get CTD when I leave the map.. Then I try running the game as administrator and the game work fine again. now Im getting annoying since i delete all my save file and have to start over when it seem like I didn't really have to...

Now my question is if I don't turn those file in BMP folder into read only will it get corrupted later?

Also I try to patch the game with unofficial patch. and get this this msg when run the patch me thing as administrator.

azp.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
The system cannot find the file directory.a.
Could not find C:\windows\system32\directory.a
Could not find C:\windows\system32\files.a
Could not find C:\windows\system32\azp.exe
Compression Complete
Press any key to continue...

Is that normal?

R@S
05-27-2010, 05:58 PM
The answer to your first question is that if you don't patch the game you need to set all the TGA files in the BMP\HUD sub-folders to read-only.

Your other troubles seems to have to do with the game folder or any other folder therein are set to read-only, or it might even have to do with the "special" settings for the Program Files folder in Vista/Win 7. The best thing to do is install the game in another folder.

If that doesn't help, try putting the requested/missing files in the folder specified in the error message, in this case C:\windows\system32\. You still need to run the PatchMe.bat from the game folder, but the packer script should at least do what it was supposed to do. Hopefully...:)

deekin
05-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Thank you for the quick response. I will try that.

deekin
05-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Yea I try installing the game into diff folder, I can unpack the .rar into the game folder now and over write all file. I use to have to unpack into another folder then move the file into game folder.. but I still get the same msg when I try to run the patchme file..

How do I go about requested/missing file you mention? (if you could make it idiot prove please) :smile:

deekin
05-27-2010, 09:42 PM
oh just for the hell of it. I try running the patchme file with out administrator thingy. and I get this.

The directory is not empty. (crap load of it)
Compression complete
Press any key to continue...

I kind of wanted the patch so I can use some of the mod posted on here. but it seem like too much trouble.. I might just converted the file then get back to the killing.

R@S
05-28-2010, 07:34 AM
You get the "The directory is not empty" errors when you have files or folders set to read-only before running the patch. This is why it's important to have a clean install and and having that install in a folder that is not affected by OS restrictions.

Here's a detailed guide on how to install it.

- Install 7.62 High Caliber in C:\games\7.62 - High Calibre(If you have no games folder, create one)
- Extract the Unofficial Patch files to your game directory
- Run the PatchMe.bat to pack up the files in an AZP archive, if you encounter problems, try running it as an Administrator.

If you still get the missing files error, extract the patch to a temporary folder and copy these 3 files to your C:\windows\system32\ folder.
directory.a
files.a
azp.exe

Then run the PatchMe.bat from your game folder.

deekin
05-29-2010, 06:08 AM
Thanks for your help but now I get another error.

The program can't start because MSVCR71.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Im starting to think that this game hate me >P

deekin
05-29-2010, 07:13 AM
Never mind. I got the file to work thanks again for your help.