PDA

View Full Version : submarine anyone?

condorz38
05-25-2010, 08:38 PM
505 has a new game coming out on 15 June; NAVAL ASSAULT: THE KILLING TIDE. I saw the first trailer, was not real impressed (cost is 49.99 on amazon). I think I will wait before deciding yay or nay, could not find a demo; and I am not sure given 505's patching whether I want to go there or not.

dkwookie
05-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Yeah I saw that was coming out. Looks a bit naff to me to be honest. I enjoy the sub action in Battlestations Pacific but the real deal is Silent Hunter 4.
There are some crazy mods for that game and it doestn need a powerfull pc to run. Check YouTube out for the Bismark mod!

Davedog74
05-25-2010, 08:53 PM
iv spent hours playing silent hunter 3,even the quick missions can take 2 hrs,on one mission i sunk my grandads battleship, i wasnt sure how i felt about that ,in real life ,it was hms barham that was sunk that day,a great sim

r.i.p barham crew

dkwookie
05-25-2010, 09:00 PM
iv spent hours playing silent hunter 3,even the quick missions can take 2 hrs,on one mission i sunk my grandads battleship, i wasnt sure how i felt about that ,in real life ,it was hms valiant that was sunk that day,a great sim

I know what you mean dave, second mission on Battlestations Pacific has you flying japanese high level bomber and you have to sink the HMS Prince Of Wales. It all feels so wrong I hated it

Davedog74
05-25-2010, 09:03 PM
prince of wales was a beauty,another sad day

dkwookie
05-25-2010, 09:12 PM
It made me think about if real sinkings like that should be included in games. I really didn't like playing that level. I am desensitized to pearl harbour attacks having sunk Oklahoma in numerous games but when I realized I had to sink Prince Of Wales it got to me.

The M00ps
05-26-2010, 02:51 AM
Sorry, after the debacle that was the 360 version of IL2, 505 gets no more of The Moops' $$$.

KAV
05-26-2010, 07:36 AM
Is this only X-box ?
Might concider it, but BoP is still stuck in my PS3 slot :-P:-P:-P:-P

dkwookie
05-26-2010, 10:34 AM
I think it's xbox only kav
Shame as the more military vehicle combat the better for me and I would have got this if it was on PS3
I wish someone would do a WW2 tank game on console

Balderz002
05-26-2010, 10:44 AM

Like T34 vs. Tiger.

great game.

f1rebrand
05-26-2010, 10:47 AM
I think it's xbox only kav
Shame as the more military vehicle combat the better for me and I would have got this if it was on PS3

Now Battlezone was a great game in its day - I often used to make a beeline for that (and Asteroids) at the seafront amusement arcades. Although primitive by today's standards those linear-style games were really groundbreaking.

dkwookie
05-26-2010, 12:36 PM
Like T34 vs. Tiger.

great game.

Yeah I have that on pc. Pretty complicated though. It took me 10 minutes to start the engine and get the tank rolling!
My favourite is an old dreamcast and PS1 game called Panzer Front. Great balance of sim and arcade realism. If someone updated that for PS3 I would be very happy

FOZ_1983
05-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Good game or not, i will be sticking to my guns and refuse to buy anything with the 505 label on it, due to their shocking handling of IL2 and a patch for the 360.

game looks rather mediocre anyway to be honest, Battle station pacific is a game i enjoy.

The M00ps
05-27-2010, 04:12 AM
game looks rather mediocre anyway to be honest, Battle station pacific is a game i enjoy.

BSP was my most highly anticipated game of past few years, as I played BS:M to the exclusion of almost everything else for the better part of 2 years. Sadly, it ended up much like IL2, dying a quick death due to the devs/pubs' deaf ear to the user community.

Drop the aim assist, instant infinite respawns, and get rid of those ridiculous target boxes (FUEL/ENGINE/AMMO) and I'd still be pulling all nighters on it. The graphics are gorgeous.

Gilly
05-27-2010, 01:09 PM

anyone remember Panzer Front for the original PS. It took you through memorable tank battles of WW2. You could only play as the US, Germans or Russians. No Brit tanks sadly. Great game though!

dkwookie
05-27-2010, 01:42 PM
anyone remember Panzer Front for the original PS. It took you through memorable tank battles of WW2. You could only play as the US, Germans or Russians. No Brit tanks sadly. Great game though!

Yeah its a great game (see three posts up!). I managed to download a rom of it and play it on my PSP. Dated a lot but it still has a great feel. I remember when BoP was being discussed in another forum they compared the feel to Panzer Front. Accesable but with a depth if you were prepared to put in the time

FOZ_1983
05-27-2010, 02:02 PM

I had that game, was good fun. The instruction manual was a nightmare and absolutelty no help at all.

I say this because you could play as british tanks ;) they just forget to mention it.

You couldnt play british missions, but you could use the british tanks such as the churchill etc, it just involved messing about with tank set up etc. I had the game months before i figured that out.