PDA

View Full Version : Game Play Tips & Discussions. (No Spoilers Please).

HDTrucker
05-23-2010, 07:54 PM
topic says it.....i guess the fastest and the one with the most upgrade and what not.....???

kennyb87
05-23-2010, 08:24 PM
I like the Kenworth W900

GinXeng
05-24-2010, 07:18 AM
All you will get in terms of a reply will be opinions. Not matter what size or engine, all trucks will go as fast as maybe 90 on average without NOS.

Saint-Ashley
06-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Okay I know people has said that all trucks are equal after all the upgrades. I have tried out a Hercules Freedom and a Titan Ventura. The Hercules had a 600 HP engine where the Titan had a 475 HP engine.

I gave them both a run from your starting base in Oxnard to the truck stop exit about a mile down the road or so. The Hercules made it to 73 MPH where the Titan reached 84 MPH and was still climbing. The Hercules usually tops out at 80 without NOS with a bunch of upgrades and the Titan made it to 90 without upgrades.

If they are the equal after the upgrades, what are the differences in the engines? Isn't more HP better, or does each engine have a defined about of Torque that is not displayed?

USA Trucker
06-13-2010, 04:28 PM
I have several trucks maxed out. The HP for the most part in the game is how fast the truck will reach its top speed. As indicated by GinXeng, the key word he used is an average of 90. The Hercules top speed is about 80-85, and the Titan is about 90-95. Give, or take a couple of mph on a straight level road.

veemaxis
06-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Well, I like to use the Pete 386 (forgot the name in the game) and I'm with the Detroit Diesel 475 engine (Double Diesel in the game) and I can go pretty fast with it.

Bellow there's a picture of me hauling some good to Oxnard and I was in a slightly steeped hill and I hit 100 mph there, but I can go around 85 mph in a plain lane.

I wonder when I put the Cummins 565 when I manage to find it and if it is possible.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/1332/rig003.jpg

USA Trucker
06-22-2010, 10:35 AM
That's one of my favorite too, along with the Titan Ventura. Nice choice.:cool:

gmplyer09
06-22-2010, 04:28 PM
this is just a random question ,cause right now im using the titan ultra and i like it but im thinking about upgrading to the titan fury i think it is so im just asking on feedback as far as handling ,speed etc etc.

veemaxis
06-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Just one correction about what I said of the Pete 386.
With this combo, Pete 386 + Detroit Diesel 475 + Titan Chassis + Electromagnetic suspension, I can keep a top speed of 95 mph on plain lanes, but that always pressing the CTRL key along with the gas key.

USA Trucker
06-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Just one correction about what I said of the Pete 386.
With this combo, Pete 386 + Detroit Diesel 475 + Titan Chassis + Electromagnetic suspension, I can keep a top speed of 95 mph on plain lanes, but that always pressing the CTRL key along with the gas key.

As GinXeng, and I stated, the 90mph is just an average. It's not concrete. Some trucks do less, and some do a little bit more.

M76
06-23-2010, 08:36 AM
The game actually indicates the speed of the truck in percent. So probably there is a truck that has 100% for speed, I wonder which one. The argosy with the 600hp engine is at 75%

USA Trucker
06-23-2010, 08:44 AM
The game actually indicates the speed of the truck in percent. So probably there is a truck that has 100% for speed, I wonder which one. The argosy with the 600hp engine is at 75%

I wouldn't be too concerned with the percentage. I have purchased many different trucks, and maxed them all out. The percentage really doesn't play much of a roll, if at all. I don't even know why they put it in.

=XIII=Shea
06-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Hi guys i was just wondering what traffic settings do you guys use for story mode,what i mean do yous have the bar half way or what,thanks

USA Trucker
06-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Hi guys i was just wondering what traffic settings do you guys use for story mode,what i mean do yous have the bar half way or what,thanks

That would depend on your computer specs. High-end computers can handle the max settings, and low-end computers would take some experimenting. It also depends on what you particularly like (lots of traffic, or less). I generally use medium traffic, or less. Too many cars going at slow speeds (50mph, or less), is a major draw-back for the game. So, you may want to use what is comfortable to you.

M76
06-26-2010, 09:11 PM
I always use max settings for traffic, but that goes for all games not just this. Its annoying sometimes in this game since the time limits for deliveries doesn't account for traffic but I don't like empty roads.

M76
07-05-2010, 07:20 AM
One more question about the engines, will the truck be the fastest with the most expensive engine, or do I have to try them out one by one to find which one is the best?

USA Trucker
07-05-2010, 10:31 AM
One more question about the engines, will the truck be the fastest with the most expensive engine, or do I have to try them out one by one to find which one is the best?

It won't be the fastest in relative terms. It will reach its top speed faster with a higher more expensive HP, and maybe a touch faster in MPH. The HP doesn't play a huge roll in top speed as one would think in the game. I would like to see it play more of a role in this aspect though.

Drujba Dreptatii
08-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Max for me to

vince0018
08-03-2010, 02:20 AM
Max would be ideal for me too, but I put it at four bars since the game struggles to run so much with all that traffic, just to get a bit better fps.

hert
08-03-2010, 02:40 AM
Yep max here too. Its funny when you have competition in delivering a load and you and your opponents get stuck in heavy traffic.;)

USA Trucker
08-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Yep max here too. Its funny when you have competition in delivering a load and you and your opponents get stuck in heavy traffic.;)

Just remember the same holds true for you also getting caught up in traffic, and your competition is a head of YOU. Remember the "Goose & Gander" saying.:)

shaggy90
08-05-2010, 03:41 PM
wich is the fastest truck? because i get bored running with 80-90 mph

USA Trucker
08-05-2010, 03:49 PM
wich is the fastest truck? because i get bored running with 80-90 mph

You can by the Booster to really get some speed. I think this thread will answer your question.

remizov
08-05-2010, 04:15 PM
The trick is to use ctrl + gas which will give you that little extra umph you need (even without NOS). I'd also recommend switching to manual as I think you can redline it a bit more.

I'm currently using the Titan Ventura - which is a great truck - with a the 600hp engine. It looks even better with the aero airflow system addition! The Freightliner Classic with the 600hp engine which I used up until after I completed the storyline was pretty much the same. Think I got to 122mph with a bit of help from slight slope and some NOS!

Lolsmurf
08-06-2010, 06:53 PM
max traffic brings life to the game I think, also the parking lots are full then, but too bad not every computer can handle it

anyway I am waiting for my newcomputer now so I can continue playing, it sucks to play with lowest graphics and hardly any traffic

USA Trucker
08-06-2010, 11:31 PM
max traffic brings life to the game I think, also the parking lots are full then

Yes, it does, but at a cost too. It's a trade-off. I think truck stops should be filled, and show signs of life regardless of your traffic settings.

Good luck on your comp.:grin::cool:

mark39
08-07-2010, 08:48 AM
well i have decided to leave the traffic at minimum until ive got a fair bit of cash banked then i will put it up to max,on a separate note i saw something i hadnt seen before whilst playing this game i have never seen any ai pull into the service station yet just before i pulled in to one yesterday an ai police car pulled into the service station and did a tour around it,i was well impressed with that :-)

BleDrajor
08-19-2010, 08:59 AM
Reading that so many people are able to play with maximized traffic density makes me sad. My computer already has some problems with 50% traffic, the FPS often drops in some cities, sometimes I have to go back to 20% traffic.
100% are illusional for me, especially when it's raining.

Only when I turn off the traffic nearly everything runs fine, I can't imagine that this is normal...

I already mentioned my problem in this thread:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=175676&postcount=25

Pete379exhd
08-25-2010, 09:10 PM
The trick is to use ctrl + gas which will give you that little extra umph you need (even without NOS). I'd also recommend switching to manual as I think you can redline it a bit more.

I'm currently using the Titan Ventura - which is a great truck - with a the 600hp engine. It looks even better with the aero airflow system addition! The Freightliner Classic with the 600hp engine which I used up until after I completed the storyline was pretty much the same. Think I got to 122mph with a bit of help from slight slope and some NOS!
overall I agree with you that W9, right along with the Classic XL, however there is one tractor that's faster than both of those. it looked really fricken stupid but the cheetah was the fastest. I almost wish you could buy it but it looks worse than all the catfish (sterling, 387, 386, t6, etc) combined

USA Trucker
08-25-2010, 09:25 PM
overall I agree with you that W9, right along with the Classic XL, however there is one tractor that's faster than both of those. it looked really fricken stupid but the cheetah was the fastest. I almost wish you could buy it but it looks worse than all the catfish (sterling, 387, 386, t6, etc) combined

Yea, but you can't buy it, and I'm not sure I would. It does look stupid. It's like buying Speed Racer's Mach 5, or one of those Transformers. Really lame.

Starflyer
08-25-2010, 11:04 PM
And you can't pay the repairs for the Cheetah.
I've ruined the brakes in the Storyline, when I use the CruiseControl to get up the curves between the Truckstop and the Canyon.
So I called the Repair and they want 148000 Dollar only for the Brakes.
One Try later, i smashed it up in the curves and they said 1650000 Dollar.

USA Trucker
08-25-2010, 11:28 PM
I've ruined the brakes in the Storyline, when I use the CruiseControl to get up the curves between the Truckstop and the Canyon.

Stop wrecking it for the brief time you have it, and you won't have to worry about repairs. ;)

Pete379exhd
08-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Yea, but you can't buy it, and I'm not sure I would. It does look stupid. It's like buying Speed Racer's Mach 5, or one of those Transformers. Really lame.

Yea only reason I'd buy it is to get in a head on with a few cops. but yea it's about the stupidest truck that they could've put in the game. and speed racer? and the transformers?:lol: that's actually a good compairison. they actually painted a W9 and a 379 like optimus prime. they were at the Las Vegas truck show...either last year or 2 years ago they looked pretty good.

on that mission I had the same problem so instead of using the brakes I just kept my finger by my clutch key and my other by the 1 key when I was coming up to a corner and just dropped it in first when I started coming up to a corner. that actually worked supprisingly well. I had more problems with getting over the stupid jump without slamming into the explosive barrels and blowing the stupid tractor up.

USA Trucker
08-27-2010, 08:09 PM
@Pete379exhd,

Stop double posting. If you need to ad something, use the edit button on the original post. I think I warned you about this before.

Pete379exhd
08-27-2010, 08:13 PM
@Pete379exhd,

Stop double posting. If you need to ad something, use the edit button on the original post. I think I warned you about this before.

I didn't know it came up like that. I hit the quote button on one and posted and then quoted another and it came up like that.

USA Trucker
08-27-2010, 08:16 PM
Turn on the Multi off/on button for each quote, to use more than one quote, and then click the last posting quote button.

Pete379exhd
08-27-2010, 08:30 PM
I didn't know it came up like that. I hit the quote button on one and posted and then quoted another and it came up like that.

uhhh...I'm just going to just pick one person and call it good so I'm not running into that problem. sorry bout the problem. I'm just not good with computers.

USA Trucker
08-27-2010, 08:40 PM
uhhh...I'm just going to just pick one person and call it good so I'm not running into that problem. sorry bout the problem. I'm just not good with computers.

It's a rather simple concept. If you want to address several posts, just click the "Multi Off" button to turn on the posts that you want to address. When you get to the last one, just click the "Quote" button as you would normally do. Then begin addressing the quotes. You'll see them all listed. It's easy. No computer knowledge required.;)

Kibble
08-28-2010, 09:52 AM
i drive a frightliner century with a 575, and i can do 90mph downhill, but if i can not hold on to the wheel( i have a G25 with ful force feedback on) i lose control, so i go 60-65, and 70-75 overtaking, that said a 600 Hp coronado is the fastest truck ingame

USA Trucker
08-28-2010, 12:47 PM
All you will get in terms of a reply will be opinions. Not matter what size or engine, all trucks will go as fast as maybe 90 on average without NOS.

Okay I know people has said that all trucks are equal after all the upgrades. I have tried out a Hercules Freedom and a Titan Ventura. The Hercules had a 600 HP engine where the Titan had a 475 HP engine.

I gave them both a run from your starting base in Oxnard to the truck stop exit about a mile down the road or so. The Hercules made it to 73 MPH where the Titan reached 84 MPH and was still climbing. The Hercules usually tops out at 80 without NOS with a bunch of upgrades and the Titan made it to 90 without upgrades.

If they are the equal after the upgrades, what are the differences in the engines? Isn't more HP better, or does each engine have a defined about of Torque that is not displayed?

I have several trucks maxed out. The HP for the most part in the game is how fast the truck will reach its top speed. As indicated by GinXeng, the key word he used is an average of 90. The Hercules top speed is about 80-85, and the Titan is about 90-95. Give, or take a couple of mph on a straight level road.

that said a 600 Hp coronado is the fastest truck ingame

@Kibble,

Not really. I'll refer you to the earlier quoted postings on this thread. Post 3, 4, & 5. These postings are based on a straight, and level road, and are average speeds with maxed out engines, suspensions, chassis, etc., and no NOS.

Mutko
08-28-2010, 12:52 PM
I think the Titan Inyo is fastest with CS565 Engine... :)

USA Trucker
08-28-2010, 12:56 PM
I think the Titan Inyo is fastest with CS565 Engine... :)

And you would be incorrect too.

Mutko
08-28-2010, 01:13 PM
Well... Then it's the Cheetah truck but since it's unabalable for buy it makes the Inyo fastest :D Dunno what you really don't like about the Cheetah ? I just luv the look of it :)

USA Trucker
08-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Well... Then it's the Cheetah truck but since it's unabalable for buy it makes the Inyo fastest :D Dunno what you really don't like about the Cheetah ? I just luv the look of it :)

That would be your opinion, not based on fact as the previous postings by GinXeng, Saint-Ashley, and myself indicated. I have driven many trucks in the game, and they all fall into this category. There is no one truck faster than the other. The best you can hope for is a tie, give or take 5 mph. Although some trucks hit their top speed quicker.

As for the cheetah, I just think it looks silly, out of place, and futuristic for this game. That of course is just my opinion. ;)

DriverX3
08-28-2010, 02:28 PM
There are a about 5 trucks that can do 80-85 almost all the time but ik for a fact that I think the Wl 700 idk the model I drove that with all the upgrades and going on level land it went 75 and a few of the peterbuilts only would get up tp 75 too. I know it doesn't really make a huge difference but it is about 10 mph you lose. B/c I drive a Freightliner Classic and can get that to run 87 almost all the time.

mikethetrucker
12-05-2010, 07:42 PM
max traffic brings life to the game I think, also the parking lots are full then, but too bad not every computer can handle it

anyway I am waiting for my newcomputer now so I can continue playing, it sucks to play with lowest graphics and hardly any traffic

I have traffic set to max and I've never seen any of the parking lots full. Am I missing something? I think bringing more life to the game would be adding traffic lights. I can't believe traffic lights were left out completely. I'm also hoping more cities and possibly more states added as well as toll roads. I wonder if the roads that you see that are closed, will they eventually be open so we can travel on them.

USA Trucker
12-06-2010, 05:30 AM
I have traffic set to max and I've never seen any of the parking lots full. Am I missing something?
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

As Lolsmurf, a few others, and I have stated, this portion of the game depends on if your computer can handle it. Speaking for myself though, when I have everything set to max including the difficulty level, I have seen increased activity in some (not all) of the truck stops. So I don't believe you're doing anything wrong. It's just a matter of what your computer can handle.

As for the traffic lights, roads, and pedestrians, I think we all could agree with you on that one, and has been discussed at length before. In-fact, it's one of the top issues of game improvements throughout this forum. So, you're not alone here. In my opinion if these, and the trailer physics were polished, and added, this game would easily surpass any other trucking game on the market.

gameking47
12-07-2010, 01:29 AM
I always wanted to try changing the traffic setting too. But I am a little worry that changing the traffic setting will send me back to day 1 in the game. Is that possible?

USA Trucker
12-07-2010, 01:36 AM
I always wanted to try changing the traffic setting too. But I am a little worry that changing the traffic setting will send me back to day 1 in the game. Is that possible?
If I'm not mistaken, you can set traffic at anytime, and it wont upset your saved games.

duckcs
12-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

As Lolsmurf, a few others, and I have stated, this portion of the game depends on if your computer can handle it. Speaking for myself though, when I have everything set to max including the difficulty level, I have seen increased activity in some (not all) of the truck stops. So I don't believe you're doing anything wrong. It's just a matter of what your computer can handle.

As for the traffic lights, roads, and pedestrians, I think we all could agree with you on that one, and has been discussed at length before. In-fact, it's one of the top issues of game improvements throughout this forum. So, you're not alone here. In my opinion if these, and the trailer physics were polished, and added, this game would easily surpass any other trucking game on the market.

In the company I work, I've set everything to max and still haven't activity in truck stops... The computers there are very good, take a look:

http://raceclub.com.br/loja/

USA Trucker
12-14-2010, 11:08 PM
I can't answer why some computers can, and some can't. Also as I stated before, the activity in Truck Stops are only in some, not all, and I can't remember which ones, as I no longer play on high traffic settings. I just don't like it.

TruckerNL
12-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Are there anny smart kids or comp wizzards that have files to implements the mouse as an active steering i have no idea im a truckers not an computer wizz not much time either.
Hope some off you wizzards no how to do it ....

Greetzzzz Trucker NL :-P :-P :-P

Azabache
01-02-2011, 01:58 AM
Are there anny smart kids or comp wizzards that have files to implements the mouse as an active steering i have no idea im a truckers not an computer wizz not much time either.
Hope some off you wizzards no how to do it ....

Greetzzzz Trucker NL :-P :-P :-P

Since you're a trucker I wanted to ask you how realistic is the game in terms of physics. thanks in advance

TruckerNL
01-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Sorry for the late response i had i load or three to do here in holland so was bussy with work .

You ask about realisim well never been in LA but pics looks great and driving realisim from the truck not by a longshot ! but then again no truck sim is doing a real shot to the real driving.

But i have to add PTTM came prety close to the real deal....

But I play the game for fun not for realisim let that be clear. and im living in 2011 and i believe the truck game plays in the near future....

Greets Trucker NL

centy2010
02-27-2012, 04:19 AM
Hello Rig'n'rollers :)

Driving a long time with RnR, I'm now looking deeper in the game to find some useful details.

1) Oxnard Warehouse
At the exit of Oxnard warehouse, you come directly to an Y where you have to choose very fast which direction you'll take (north or south)
I've found that when entering the warehouse by the left lane, you'll come out on the lane for North and if you are entering by the right lane, you'll come out on the lane for South.
2) Wheel Brake broken
The failure of the brake is not linked to your driving behavior. In fact, it's related to the mileage of your truck. Once you reach the "break point", the brake will fail.

Hope this will help some ^^

USA Trucker
02-27-2012, 05:49 PM
I have asked you before... Please stop creating threads where one already exist. You can not just post anywhere you please. We have categories for just about anything.

micyboy
04-15-2012, 11:39 AM
For successful completion of mission my player rating is not increasing... it shows rating = 0 whenever i successfully unloading the goods in warehouses help me.... :confused::confused::confused::confused:

USA Trucker
04-15-2012, 04:37 PM
Hello, and welcome to the forum.:)

Ratings/Rankings depends on many factors. The amount of deliveries, driving record, where you place in racing or competitive deliveries, side missions completed, etc. If you just started RNR, don’t expect miracles so early. If you’re not first in delivering your load, or winning races, then you won’t advance much, if at all. Racing & Competition deliveries are the fastest way to increase these statistics. Crashing, and other violations will decrease them.

Hope this helps. ;)

Peterbilt Man
06-06-2012, 11:16 AM
When I hit enter to go to my office the motel, or Shell the game never activates the parking brake. Is their a way to fix that?

USA Trucker
06-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Just like in real life, you have to manually apply the parking brake, before you leave the truck. In the game you don't really need it.

Miroslavenko
06-11-2015, 03:57 PM
I was looking for the infomation about the fastest truck in RigNRoll 3 and thast what I found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yQcuPEDPb0