PDA

View Full Version : Last level of US Campaign

Weirderal
05-19-2010, 11:54 PM
So I'm on the level Turning Point, and I've reached a dead end.

(Please, read everything if you're going to make any suggestions)

After making it through the heck that it the first half of the level, I survived to the point where it's time to counterattack.
I had about 16 tanks. (Ask for screenshot if necessary.)

A Tiger tank was inside the supply base yet; I took out the turret, and repaired it to use myself. I charged into the right side of the enemy base, and I somehow managed to do a lot of damage: I took out the Pak 35-something cannon, the vehicle behind it, the Sdkfz, and other vehicles on the left side, except for the StuG 3 and Tiger tank. They blew the tank to bits. But I had done a lot of damage, so I didn't reload to beforehand.
Now, I don't know how I got so lucky here, but I had a M8 Scott, which I figured was pretty useless. (Turns out they're pretty darn powerful.) I brought it up the less-defended far left side of the map, and I took out most of the vehicles there, too. I took out most of the remaining vehicles with a Mark 4 Churchill and an M7 Priest.

So now, there was just two tiger tanks at the top, and 3 of my vehicles in the area around them. The Scott and Churchill were too weak to penetrate the Tiger's armor, and I had the Priest shooting at one repeatedly from behind a building, which wasn't doing damage. At some points, the enemy was unloading the troops from the tanks to repair them, and I would blow them up. I'm not sure of the fate of the left tank, but I left it in a repairable state. The other tank had lost all but one crew member, and the instant he got out to repair it, I got the "Mission Objective Completed" for destroying the German division remnants. (I then killed the troop trying to repair it.)

The problem: I did not have the "destroy the artillery" objective completed. All troops were gone. I owned the map. What's wrong? Do I have to do this all over again? I've probably spent about 4 hours on this level, and it was difficult enough to get through the first part...

KnightFandragon
05-20-2010, 03:17 AM
There are other posts of people having this same problem, I encountered it to.....after a few minutes of swearing to myself and a couple days to feel like doing the mission again I just started over from one of my save points and redid it.....I guess its a bug in the mission. So, I guess just load it up again and take another crack at it....

Korsakov829
05-20-2010, 01:12 PM
You can't finish this mission, no matter what you try.

KnightFandragon
05-20-2010, 03:49 PM
Ive beat it like 3 times now, only had it go all fubar the first time I played it

Korsakov829
05-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Are you serious? I've tried it 20+ times, even tried to make a mod to fix it.

A serious bug, I hope the new patch did anything to it.

Weirderal
05-21-2010, 01:06 AM

It didn't; I'm using 1.17.5 (Non-Steam version).

KnightFandragon
05-21-2010, 03:33 AM

Dang, that seriously sucks, Idk what to tell ya....stroke of bad luck I guess

petercrab
09-05-2010, 04:06 AM
I am getting this problem as well. I destroyed all the mortars but it still does not say I have completed it in the objective list.

It kind of sucks because the game has been out long enough that this should work no problem.

Spent like 4 hours to get to where I am now, and I want to see the final cut scene.

Maybe I will try again another day.

*edit. I tried again reloadeding from an auto save point and it worked

CMDR Sweeper
06-29-2011, 04:22 AM
For a reference, this is one of the missions that DON'T work in the editor.
It doesn't go past the first phase so there is something up with the scripting in this mission.

muttley
02-24-2012, 10:55 PM
This game does not end? I killed all the Germans and destroyed all their mortars and SP guns, anti tank guns and Tigers but the the Mission Accomplish message does not come out to finish the campaign - bad bad bad!