PDA

View Full Version : zero casualty game

Brother Nicotine
05-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Has anybody else tried to finish the game without losing a single troop?

I quite enjoyed doing it in the original King's Bounty, and luckily it is still possible in the Legend!

For now, I have done Mage (normal and hard), Paladine (hard) and Warrior (normal). I feel it might just be possible to do Impossible Mage - will try after having a break.

No cheating, I swear! Just carefully thought-through strategy and tactics. And lots of patience.

Cheers

Elwin
05-19-2010, 11:02 PM
Many poeple did it already, no cheting needed. Personally i find it to tedoius in LEgend. IT requires hell too much too long battles to ressurect fallen troops. NO casualties is realy enjoyable in Armored Princess

Brother Nicotine
05-20-2010, 02:45 PM
No, I never used resurrection. I have never lost a single troop, full stop (in my last game, as a paladine, I did not get demons portal, so I had not lost even a single demon).

Good to hear that zero-casualty game is possible in Princess too!

Cheers

Razorflame
05-20-2010, 05:16 PM
your a freshman then;-)

people finished zero casualty game in 6 and 7 days on impossible;)

Brother Nicotine
05-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Have they never lost a single troop - not even temporarily, before resurrecting them this or that way?

Razorflame
05-20-2010, 11:27 PM
you will have to use ressucrect something:)

impossible without:)
espesially when u fight heroes
:)
magic spring+holy avenger+resu=key

Elwin
05-20-2010, 11:41 PM
Yep the key for no casaulties is resurection. OR gift on inquisitors or timeback or whatever. But just no loosing without restoring sounds like imposibble

Brother Nicotine
05-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Then I proved you wrong - I do not use resurrection because I never lose a troup. Perhaps I will never be able to finish in 7 days (15 is my best time so far), but I do not have to fight long battles, unless of course I want to fully restore both mana and rage.

I have to admit though that I have not done any impossible missions yet (just started one with Mage, who I called Rincewind, because the guy will have to run like hell most of the game). Also, I am not sure whether I could do without Rage Predator. I did normal Mage without it but it hardly counts. Does anybody know whether Rage Predator can be found in any game?

Elwin
05-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Tell me please how have you dealt with Karador or Xeona without losing any unit. I dont find any posibilities for that. And i am pretty much expierienced player

Razorflame
05-22-2010, 08:31 AM
in fact how wouldn't u lose a single unit
vs necro's?
scoffer imps?
heros that cast spells and instatly kill a unit?
cyclopses?
black dragons?
archidemons?

u must be playing on normal or something for that to work

i seriusly have my doubts on hard and impossible that not using a single unit would be possible -.-

Metathron
05-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Not losing a single unit, even temporarily?

What did the enemy stacks do, light cigarettes and marvel at the surroundings? :mrgreen:

Brother Nicotine
05-22-2010, 06:01 PM
To Razorflame: I did write that I have not done impossible yet, only 2 normal and 2 hard games. I hope to do impossible mage, which I just started.

As for the other questions: the answer is obvious, is it not? Ask yourself: how can your troop survive the attack of an enemy troop that can kill even giants, and would destroy Glot's armour in one hit?

Only if they cannot hit you at all.

OK, enough teasing, you have already got it of course - Invisibility. But you can make invisible only one troop - is it possible to finish the game with just one? Well, so far I succeded to finish said 4 games, each with just 6 Archdemons, and that was the maximum, most of the game I had even less.

Further details to follow. (Or, perhaps, you would like to try this kind of game youself first?)

And yes, thorn hunters and royal thorns are such a pain in the arse - I ignored two inessential enemies in my last game because I was too tired to figure out how to deal away with bastards.

Brother Nicotine
05-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Not losing a single unit, even temporarily?

What did the enemy stacks do, light cigarettes and marvel at the surroundings? :mrgreen:

Indeed, that is what they have to do, poor devils, not seeing the enemy.

Razorflame
05-23-2010, 01:53 AM
like i said try vs heroes;)

karador and xeona
no way u can succeed with invisibility

u can prove me wrong otherwise;)

Metathron
05-23-2010, 10:00 AM

karador and xeona

I'm fairly certain green dragons + invisibility has been used successfully against Karador. Playing as a mage, I believe.

Brother Nicotine
05-23-2010, 08:17 PM

karador and xeona

I am yet to meet both in Impossible, but at least in Hard, Xeona is a piece of cake - I do not even remeber what she had and what I did to them, sorry.

Karador is a bit of a nuisance, because he has got many troops and resurrects them, so the battle is long, and the longer the battle the higher the chance of a silly mistake - which I am so prone to! One of my life's current ambitions is to deal away with him first time. But apart from that, I would not say he is difficult. I just patiently stand invisible and hit his boys on the head with fire rain and gizmo, targeting shooters and long rangers first. When short of mana for invisibility, I use the Archdemons superior range to get away from trouble. Just take care where you stand when you are visible again, so that not only the enemy troops cannot reach you, but you also have somewhere safe to jump afterwards. It is not always obvious.

It is Bojaccio castle that is really tough for this kind of a game. After it, and provided you found Rage Predator, it is just 2-3 game days of more or less plain sailing. The part I have not mastered yet is in between that Freedom Islands holiday after you finished the Turtle and the capture of Bojaccio - I spend most of my time on that part wandering about in search of enemies I can deal with, and I am not happy with it. Perhaps, somebody else will have some smart idea.

clinek
06-22-2010, 05:19 PM
like i said try vs heroes

karador and xeona

u can prove me wrong otherwise

i beg to differ. i beat Karador, xeona, and baal with invisibility on impossible with no losses. I have no idea why you would use archdemons though. Use Green dragons. Cast invisibility, then cast Battle command (whatever its called) to keep the initiative up. every 3 turns you can use a spell like fire rain or something while utilizing the magic drain ability of the dragon and using the grab ability. It works like a charm. what i dont understand from brother nicotine is how you managed to beat haas with any level 5 unit even with invisibility. It would not be possible. Since he cant use sheep, pygmy, or hypnotize, he will just nail you with armageddon and there will be no way to win with no losses. you are forced the use a lower level stack if you have a chance to beat haas without any losses.

Brother Nicotine
07-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Haas is the easiest one. I would beat him with just one peasant if peasants had Initiative 6.

Use Invisibility, put on Glot's armour, raise Initiative and use Armageddon. Then repeat.

clinek
07-28-2010, 07:16 PM
im pretty sure you still get burnt from armageddon even if you have glots armor so i dont think the one peasant thing would work but i see your point.

Brother Nicotine
07-29-2010, 07:47 PM
im pretty sure you still get burnt from armageddon even if you have glots armor so i dont think the one peasant thing would work but i see your point.
No you are not burnt at all! No matter what the damage, the Glot's armour absorbs it. If the damage exceeds Glot's defence, Glot's armour is destroyed, but your troop suffer no damage at all.