PDA

View Full Version : Theatre of War 3: Korea in Development

Nike-it
05-19-2010, 11:41 AM
1C Company is proud to announce the development of Theatre of War 2: Korea (http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/theatre-of-war-2-korea/overview), a new installment in the famous Theatre of War series, which goes beyond World War II.

Replay the events of the first hot war of the Cold War era, the Korean War, also known as the Forgotten War. Players will be involved in two campaigns, both set in the 1950’s: the North Korean (June 25 – August 20) and the American (September 15 – October 8 ).

Nokturnal
05-24-2010, 01:34 AM
Yet another ToW title that has my attention. Good to see a company willing to focus on the less known wars, as fun as WWII is, it's always nice to get a bit of variety.

Thanks for the news, Nike. Please keep us updated. :)

Nokturnal
08-30-2010, 05:22 AM
Nike, sorry for the double post, but just wondering which forum would be best for getting updates on this title?
Haven't heard anything since the announcement, completely understandable given it's still early days - Just making sure i'm not looking in the wrong place.. :P

The BF forums have no (official) mention of Korea, so I assume 1C are the devs again, with BF being the western publishers? Or is it some 3rd party dev-team? Similar to Combat Mission: Afghanistan being developed by snowball.

Sneaksie
08-30-2010, 06:38 AM
Korea should be officially announced on the BF site soon, since BF will be one of the publishers like for previous titles. Developers are the same since ToW1, 1C internal game studio.
Of course, any official word about the game will be available here as well.

Nokturnal
09-03-2010, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the reply, Sneaksie. I figured it would be announced on BF too, but i lost my account in the (semi) recent hack-attack and never bothered to re-sign-up so i figured i'd ask here instead.
Funnily enough, i check BF today and i see that Moon has said:
Yup, Theatre of War 3 Korea is going to be announced officially by us later this month.

Good to know both sites will get the news though, this game deserves all the attention it can get. :)
In one way or another (ToW 1, Africa+Cent. and Kursk) this series has been on my PC for 3 years now - The only other series to have such a long lifespan is Arma, but that stayed alive primarily through user-made content, whereas ToW didn't have nearly as many mods, but still kept me hooked. :grin:

Anyway, enough rambling - Back to waiting for more updates.

szebus
09-19-2010, 07:18 AM
What engine this game uses ?

Sneaksie
09-20-2010, 06:46 AM
The game uses improved ToW2 engine.

Nokturnal
09-20-2010, 08:02 AM
Was just about to ask something similar - I recently read in a preview that the graphics got a touch-up, glad to hear it's been confirmed.

Out of curiosity, was there much of an improvement between Africa and Kursk engines? My eyes may deceive me but it seemed to look better then too...Though that might be because of the nice new landscape. ;)