PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question but where are the saves?

Lochar
05-17-2010, 01:57 PM
I dont see any saved names in main folder and also in my documents folder there are no saved games for this?

This will be my 3rd re-install and was going to see if could move them over since I didnt have the CTD bug this time but blank screen, but for the life of me I cant find anything to move for saves.

R@S
05-17-2010, 02:25 PM
The saves can be found in the game directory, in a folder named Saves. If there's no such folders, it might've been flagged as invisible by mistake so check that as well.

If you use the latest unofficial patch you should not have any blank screen bugs anymore. Make sure you run the PatchMe.bat right after you installed a fresh copy of the game and before you've done any other changes, except extracting the patch files to the game folder that is:).

Lochar
05-19-2010, 03:36 AM
Thanks I saw what happened, for some reason I saw an ICON for 7.62 and just figured was the .exe file but was the actual game folder.

I did do the unoffical patch but oddly it doesnt seem to work the first time, and the second runs but still has a missing file error. Unless I got the wrong unoffical patch.

I kept the saves and did a clean install and was working again, no corrupt saves.

I would like to thank the modders/community that built this patch, I am starting to dislike 1C even tho they have some fantastic sim ideas, its just too much hassle to get their games to work and sadly it wasnt even them that put out a patch that fixed any of this. <aybe they should team up with Ubisoft as they seem to like to put out broken games.. :(

MoreDread
05-19-2010, 09:41 AM
you have to start a new game after installing any kind of mod or patch.. the data gets corrupted if you don't and if it runs at all, you'll at least get tons of annoying crashes.