PDA

View Full Version : Mission 1 armoured car bug?

rsherhod
05-14-2010, 11:28 AM
I've just started playing Men of War, and for some reason I can't even get past the first armoured car in the first mission!
It's not that I'm getting killed (although that did happen a few times), it just that when I do kill it, nothing happens.

I must have tried it a hundred times to make sure I'm not just doing something stupid, and I've watched a few video walkthroughs of that engagement and followed it precisely. Even down to using exactly the same guy to kill the bloody thing.
I've seen what should happen; it goes boom, and they all rush forward and say "He won't be driving around any more" or something. For me they do rush forward, but no one says anything and nothing else happens.
Unlike in the videos the 'Destroy the German armoured vehicle' objective doesn't flash up as completed, as it should, and resolutely stays as my one and only listed objective.

Technical info:
It's a direct2drive copy, with their most recent patch installed.
Oh and it runs fine on moderately high settings.

It must be a scripting bug; albeit one that no one else seems to have ever had (no relevant google results).
Maybe reinstalling without the patch would help.

SpeedWolf
05-14-2010, 12:20 PM
is the 1.17.5 patch that have the problem if you want to play Singleplayer don't update it.

their is a new patch 1.17.5.1 but i don't know if they fix the Singleplayer problem because i didn't have time to try it.

rsherhod
05-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Thanks. Any idea if the 1.17.5.1 patch is OK to use on digital distributions?

I'll probably try the hotfix for 1.17.5.0. If it fails to install or doesn't actually fix the problem, I guess I'll just have to reinstall.

KnightFandragon
05-14-2010, 09:12 PM
You don't even get a mission update that says you killed the car? If you get the update atleast, you go off down the road the car came from and it goes on to the next part. If not then idk haha

rsherhod
05-14-2010, 11:01 PM
Nope, no notice that the objective's complete and it doesn't get taken off the objectives list.

I'm not sure if the other two guys hiding behind the dead tank are supposed to do anything, but they just stay in cover, hiding.

KnightFandragon
05-15-2010, 06:54 AM
Dang, that is fubar........the guys hiding behind the tank are supposed to run off the in the direction your supposed to go....I got nothing, just go w/ Speedwolf's idea haha