PDA

View Full Version : Not enough experience points

Goblin Wizard
05-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Hint for people who complains about not enough experience gains.
Look for ..\Data\Scripts\include\LevelUp.script file. Inside you'll find lines:
if (GetPlayerQuestState() ~= TRUE) then
primaryCoeff = primaryCoeff * 0.1;
end;
It means that you get only 10% of normal exp when you kill npc's outside the storyline. IMO it's not fair so you can disable these lines like this:
--if (GetPlayerQuestState() ~= TRUE) then
--primaryCoeff = primaryCoeff * 0.1;
--end;
or simply change 0.1 modifier to 1 so you'll get normal/base exp all the time.

RoboPatton
08-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Now if only somebody could make the game auto save everytime you jumped a portal.

Avalon4
08-03-2010, 12:24 AM
Hmmm... I can see this making the game quite easy real fast... But I suppose being able to play the game is more fun =)

Thanks for the tip!

Trucidation
08-03-2010, 03:55 AM
It's been a while, but aren't we technically still in a mission while free roaming? Remember those "You're about to travel long distance, skip directly to destination (Y/N)?" questions? Picking "no" is when you fly around manually and most players use this time to grind - technically isn't it still during a quest?

There are a few instances where you receive a "free time" mission, but the moment you fly to another system you usually get the next mission notice (except that you can delay getting there as long as you like, similar to above), so I wonder whether this also counts as not being in a mission, or not.

The game gives you unlimited save slots, I don't like "auto" saves. I'd rather have the option to save before you make a decision - like eroge have been doing for years.

RoboPatton
08-03-2010, 05:12 PM
I'd like to know this for certain too Trucidation. I will mess around with it later and see if I notice any difference.

Do we know if the game flags certain ships/enemies as being "mission" units? That would be the most likely way for it to be done.

Also, I read another post some time back that showed another value you can edit to increase pilot exp gains. I can't remember what it was.

Trucidation
08-03-2010, 09:40 PM
The threat value of ships (defined in the carcass.xml file iirc) is also used in exp calculations, you could adjust those as well but you'll have to edit each ship type. It's faster to just change the multiplier in the script as Goblin Wizard pointed out.

Szpaku
08-22-2010, 04:02 PM
is it possible to make perks cost less Exp points? like changeing FTU werhouse perk from 75 to 20 or somethin smaller?:confused:

Goblin Wizard
08-22-2010, 04:19 PM
..\Data\Scripts\include\PilotProperties.script. Perk is called Black_Market e.g.
Black_Market = {75,{"lucky_1"},{}},
75 is your number ;) I don't know if it works with started game.