PDA

View Full Version : The Time Limits!

bubblesjs
05-07-2010, 12:19 PM
I don't know if any one else has noticed this, but even the deliverys where there is no "competition", they still don't give you enough time limit for you to even to be able to just drive casually, you still have to drive at 70+mph just to reach the bloody destination in time!
All of the competition deliverys are a load of bullshit aswell, I tried one yesterday, and all but one lorry started about halfway to the destination, and the one behind me about 2 minutes after we started came flying past me like I was standing still!
So what I reccomend is completing the game first (how it is meant to be played, driving fast and stupidly) so you get a shitload of money, and then once you have completed the game, just drive at your own pace, because then you will have a load of money from completing the game, so therefore you can compensate for the forfiet.
Also has anyone noticed that when you change the graphics settings, nothing looks different at all?

USA Trucker
05-07-2010, 12:46 PM
@Bubblesjs,

I don't seem to have a problem with this. I did a lot of loads doing 60-65mph (in non-competitive loads). The guys ahead of you (in competitive loads) are easy enough to catch up to. I haven't lost one yet. The ones that start off behind me, well.... I just don't worry about them. The ones ahead of me, I just assume they got their loads ahead of me on the loading dock. I guess I didn't pay the dock-master enough. :)

As for the graphic settings, I haven't noticed. I started at max, and never looked back.;)

PS:
I knew the Mods were going to change your thread to something more appropriate.

Drujba Dreptatii
08-03-2010, 07:29 PM
I'm against time limits all togeter, why not put there an option ON/OFF.:confused:

Melkor
08-04-2010, 05:16 AM
Well bubbles is right depending on the difficulty setting you put it on the more/less time you have, and playing on trucker i have 5 mins less of time than i would have on Novice

USA Trucker
08-04-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm against time limits all togeter, why not put there an option ON/OFF.:confused:

You have to keep in mind that this is a truck RACING game. It's the sequel to Hard Truck that was a racing game. It's not really a simulation that I would describe like 18 WoS, and others are. This is more arcade style in-spite of how it was advertised. However, if scenery is one of the things that you would like to do.... I suggest you make the Traffic low/medium, and play at Novice. This gives you good time to complete your loads with less traffic, and enjoy the scenery.

stummer
08-05-2010, 09:47 AM
You have to keep in mind that this is a truck RACING game. It's the sequel to Hard Truck that was a racing game. It's not really a simulation that I would describe like 18 WoS, and others are. This is more arcade style in-spite of how it was advertised. However, if scenery is one of the things that you would like to do.... I suggest you make the Traffic low/medium, and play at Novice. This gives you good time to complete your loads with less traffic, and enjoy the scenery.

Sorry, but you're wrong. This is directly from the 1C game page (category MANAGEMENT!!):
Apart from being the most accurate and innovative truck driving simulation game ever produced [...]
IMO it had the potential to be a really good simulation! But with all these extremely low time limits and no need to maneuver in any place, it's just a silly arcade racing game. It's a real shame after 7+ years of development...

Too bad that there isn't a playable demo version so I had to throw money away just to find out. So it'll be the last game from 1C for me.

USA Trucker
08-05-2010, 10:05 AM
I'm not wrong. If you read my post correctly I stated "In-Spite of how it was advertised". I read the same ad as you did. Many would beg to differ about it being a simulation.

Lolsmurf
08-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Let me explain

the time limits are indeed too short, you cant drive 45mp/h, you truelly have to race to get it on time

the other trucks are set on your position in the race

if you go fast they ll go fast too and if you slow down they all slow down so even if you have an accident they kinda wait for you; but when you take a load the last truck always gets extra speed to catch up sou gou guys all stick together

if you have ever played mario kart on the old SNES, it is like that, a character is preset to get a position so when it is behind it gets faster speed and regains the position...

anyway the time should be turned off or they should be an option to do it at least , for people who like enjoying driving on their ease

HaulinDog
08-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Let me explain

the time limits are indeed too short, you cant drive 45mp/h, you truelly have to race to get it on time

the other trucks are set on your position in the race

if you go fast they ll go fast too and if you slow down they all slow down so even if you have an accident they kinda wait for you; but when you take a load the last truck always gets extra speed to catch up sou gou guys all stick together

if you have ever played mario kart on the old SNES, it is like that, a character is preset to get a position so when it is behind it gets faster speed and regains the position...

anyway the time should be turned off or they should be an option to do it at least , for people who like enjoying driving on their ease

Yeah, i'm thinkin thats an good idea ! But who can do it ?

Melkor
08-10-2010, 08:41 PM
well im using a hex editor to try and find the time limits for jobs, so if i find anything good ill let you guys know

HaulinDog
08-10-2010, 09:18 PM
well im using a hex editor to try and find the time limits for jobs, so if i find anything good ill let you guys know

Sounds good ! Good luck !:grin:

Patrick
08-10-2010, 09:35 PM
I just hope they do something about those annoying time limits.

Sometimes with deliveries over long distances. I Cant go to a truckstop and then drive/cruise to the destination. BEcause I cant make it in time.

Username:D
08-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Indeed, I was thinking the same thing. I don't like blasting through traffic trying to avoid the traffic which goes too slow. :P

I just hope they do something about those annoying time limits.

Sometimes with deliveries over long distances. I Cant go to a truckstop and then drive/cruise to the destination. BEcause I cant make it in time.

Yeah, when my gas runs low and I have to go through a couple of exits and turnarounds to get to it, it takes like 2 minutes of my time giving me little time to get the load in

USA Trucker
08-23-2010, 06:16 PM
@Username D,
Stop double posting!

Pete379exhd
08-25-2010, 07:21 PM
I don't know if any one else has noticed this, but even the deliverys where there is no "competition", they still don't give you enough time limit for you to even to be able to just drive casually, you still have to drive at 70+mph just to reach the bloody destination in time!
All of the competition deliverys are a load of bullshit aswell, I tried one yesterday, and all but one lorry started about halfway to the destination, and the one behind me about 2 minutes after we started came flying past me like I was standing still!
So what I reccomend is completing the game first (how it is meant to be played, driving fast and stupidly) so you get a shitload of money, and then once you have completed the game, just drive at your own pace, because then you will have a load of money from completing the game, so therefore you can compensate for the forfiet.
Also has anyone noticed that when you change the graphics settings, nothing looks different at all?
you don't have to drive like an idiot to complete the loads in time. the argrosy you start out with is more than fast enough to complete the loads on time and in first. on any difficulty weather it be rookie intermediate or pro I don't know what the actual setting names are but you get the idea. full throttle helps out a lot even though it eventually bogs down your motor is what I'm going to assume because my tractor isn't running 82 flat land anymore. Yes I ran 82 but I didn't "drive stupid". I wasn't cutting off cars right and left and driving on the shoulder or the wrong side of the road all the time. it's how you drive and knowing your routes and how to get there the fastest and well beating the hell out of your tractor. the game obviously isn't a "simulator" and seeing as how you're competeing against other drivers pulling the same load you're going to have to drive fast. you don't puss around and lolly gag around I mean when was the last time you seen an o/o running speed limit? speed limit on the interstate in my state is 75 I get passed some nights by drivers running 80-85 so when you look at it speed is actually pretty realistic. if you've got a problem with the time just bob tail around and play the game that way.

USA Trucker
08-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Bubblesjs just can't comprehend that this is a RACING GAME, like it's predecessor. Those that don't like this, should not have bought it in the first place. There are many factors involved in this game, but racing is the primary event/goal here.

Hazama Itsuru
08-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Perhaps Bubbles is one of the people like me who saw the game in the Steam store and said "Hey, a trucking simulator! This looks pretty good!" and then finds out it's a racing game ONLY after paying twenty bucks. Simulation, my ass. 1C dropped the ball on advertising this big time.

USA Trucker
08-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Perhaps Bubbles is one of the people like me who saw the game in the Steam store and said "Hey, a trucking simulator! This looks pretty good!" and then finds out it's a racing game ONLY after paying twenty bucks. Simulation, my ass. 1C dropped the ball on advertising this big time.

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

I think you, and others need to read the whole ad, and not pick, and choose the ones that agree, or favor your own aspects of the game. Plus, whenever I look to purchase a game, I go to the publishers site, and find out all I can about it. I guess that's asking too much. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know this. Before you ask, yes, I do this on every game, or program I purchase. I look at all the pros,and cons. Then I make my own mind up. There is nothing difficult here. Buyer beware. Reviews are an essential part of buying items on the internet. So who's to blame?? There's no deception here.

Pete379exhd
08-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Bubblesjs just can't comprehend that this is a RACING GAME, like it's predecessor. Those that don't like this, should not have bought it in the first place. There are many factors involved in this game, but racing is the primary event/goal here.
and that's half of the problem that people don't understand that all of C1's trucking games are more racing than simulation...least the one's I've seen anyway. and honestly aside from the competition loads when you think about it the game is actually simulation due to the fact that you do have dealines that have to be made in real life. but not having speed limits kinda takes away from that. but I agree with you in full. if you looked at the screen shots online you HAD to know there was racing involved and if you don't like that you shouldn't have bought it.

BleDrajor
08-25-2010, 11:37 PM
[...]

if you looked at the screen shots online you HAD to know there was racing involved and if you don't like that you shouldn't have bought it.

Also the video trailers often showed trucks that were using NOS (flames on the exhaust pipes), hitting traffic cars and making chaos...

When I saw the game for the first time some years ago I thought that it was a simulation. And when R&R came out I really had to think about buying it or not because I was confused about the time limits and racings that was a hard contrast to the SCS games.

In the end I decided to buy the game and played and play it on the easiest difficulty.
I must say: I have no problems. The time limits are good so that I often can drive with the traffic flow. When I have some opponents they're easy enough to beat, I often drive at a maximum of 75 m/h, that's enough. And I'm always driving with following all rules. :grin:

I can use the game as a simulation now with driving the cargos without racing contest while my hired drivers (3 at the moment) do the hard work and earn loads of money, but are well paid, too.

It really makes fun this way, even for someone who was familiarized with the 18 WoS series for a long time!

Pete379exhd
08-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Also the video trailers often showed trucks that were using NOS (flames on the exhaust pipes), hitting traffic cars and making chaos...

When I saw the game for the first time some years ago I thought that it was a simulation. And when R&R came out I really had to think about buying it or not because I was confused about the time limits and racings that was a hard contrast to the SCS games.

In the end I decided to buy the game and played and play it on the easiest difficulty.
I must say: I have no problems. The time limits are good so that I often can drive with the traffic flow. When I have some opponents they're easy enough to beat, I often drive at a maximum of 75 m/h, that's enough. And I'm always driving with following all rules. :grin:

I can use the game as a simulation now with driving the cargos without racing contest while my hired drivers (3 at the moment) do the hard work and earn loads of money, but are well paid, too.

It really makes fun this way, even for someone who was familiarized with the 18 WoS series for a long time!

Yea I was a little disappointed when I first bought it because it was more racing but after a while it does get kinda fun racing against people sometimes until the idiots rearend you or cut you off. The non comp loads are great when you get a lot of drivers though (I've got all 50) but I'm more of the go big or go home type of guy and I have to have the big bucks. I typically run 77 (what my pete tops out at now) and TRY not to get in wrecks because I have a pretty nice looking truck. but it's a lot different than 18wos...but it's still fun. mine's crashing at the moment though so it's a little annoying.

Kibble
08-26-2010, 07:43 AM
i never had any problems with the time. i play on novice, and i can drive 50 + mph, and i make it on time with 50 mins left over.

also, in real lifetruckers to have limeits to how ong the carry the load, say 2 days 3 days, a few hours depends on the distance.

also remeber i minute in real life if 24 minutes in rign roll, so i always have plenty of time.

( i get leik 80 + mins to get from oxnard to redding)

hey uh, aslo this is off topic but, can you change the MPH system to KM/H? i m european. :rolleyes:

also, when doing the racing stick to gether. the other dudes drive like 60 mph on cruise control you go 65, so youl end up in a convoy :)

USA Trucker
08-26-2010, 10:43 AM
hey uh, aslo this is off topic but, can you change the MPH system to KM/H? i m european. :rolleyes:

You purchased the English version, and remember that you are on US Highways. Still, there should be a selection in the main menu for this, like 18 WoS.;)

Patrick
08-26-2010, 02:50 PM
For a simulation Rig'n'Roll isnt good. And for racing it isnt great. You easily loose control when racing.

I like this game because it has realistic roads and all. I want to cruise from Reno to San Diego. I dont want to hold my breath when I make a stop at a truckstop and being scared I dont make the delivery in time after a long trip.

USA Trucker
08-26-2010, 11:21 PM
For a simulation Rig'n'Roll isnt good. And for racing it isnt great. You easily loose control when racing.

I like this game because it has realistic roads and all. I want to cruise from Reno to San Diego. I dont want to hold my breath when I make a stop at a truckstop and being scared I dont make the delivery in time after a long trip.

Losing control?? What are you using as a driving controller? I never lost control unless my truck was damaged in some way (chassis, brakes, wheels, etc).

Kibble
08-27-2010, 09:24 AM
You purchased the English version, and remember that you are on US Highways. Still, there should be a selection in the main menu for this, like 18 WoS.;)

thanks. ill check it out when im back home ( im on holidays right now in ukraine)

heres some hot tips for the game. i have played it since i got it and im pretty mnuch a vetern at the game.

for the unpopular racing mission simply over take your rivals at any speed you want, the set at 65 mph. this will make a huge line, and end up in a very close win.

for timed missions, drive 70- 75 mph when over takeing and 60-65 mph when noirmnally driving. lets you obey the rules, and deliver your load on time.

USA Trucker
09-02-2010, 09:22 PM
@PontiacGT201,

In ref. to losing control. There's no need to repeat it. The point was made. Some people don't like to be ganged up on.

slowpoke
09-08-2010, 03:15 AM
hey malkor

what hex editor are you using to fine the time limits for jobs on?

USA Trucker
09-08-2010, 11:51 AM
hey malkor

what hex editor are you using to fine the time limits for jobs on?

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Melkor never stated that he was adjusting the time limits for jobs, and if he was, he would post it in the "Mods" thread. Not here. ;)

DaNeShady
10-07-2010, 11:49 PM
I dont have time problems in this game. ;) But hey, why would I when I drive with the pedal to the metal with 85 mph :rolleyes:

Neonflowful
03-08-2011, 05:53 AM
Losing control?? What are you using as a driving controller? I never lost control unless my truck was damaged in some way (chassis, brakes, wheels, etc).

Not to be rude, BEFORE I got rid of the game, I notice that the jake would put you into a skid when you got below, for me it was below 20mph when the jake caused a skid. Then I can't tell what causeed it because the truck needs so many repairs! I'm not going to far off thread with this, so this will end it.

USA Trucker
03-08-2011, 10:45 AM
I was speaking of normal driving or racing, and no damage to the truck when I posted that statement. The Jakebrake works well for me under normal conditions.

raven28690
03-10-2011, 01:44 AM
works well for me aswell at high speeds or low speeds.
only time i have ever skid out of control was during a turn but it was due to locking the brakes up when i hit the turn faster than i should have.

as far as the topic goes though,the delivery times could stand to have more time added to compensate for fuel, repairs, etc.
Would have been nice also to have seen more non competition loads offered at the warehouses as the majority seems to be race or competition.

USA Trucker
03-10-2011, 05:33 PM
Would have been nice also to have seen more non competition loads offered at the warehouses as the majority seems to be race or competition.
If you hang out in the warehouse a little longer, some non-competive loads appear at random, and others are removed. Sometimes I sit there for ten minutes or so. Just a little trick.:)

Drujba Dreptatii
03-20-2011, 05:33 PM
Still no news about that trainer to disable time limits?

USA Trucker
03-20-2011, 05:46 PM
I don’t recall anyone saying there would be such an option. Many would like it, but there has been no official word, and I strongly doubt there will be.:(

Drujba Dreptatii
03-25-2011, 02:51 PM
I don’t recall anyone saying there would be such an option. Many would like it, but there has been no official word, and I strongly doubt there will be.:(

I was asking couse Melkor said he was working on it, trying to figure it out. I have noticed there are allmost no mods for this game, it's not that moddable I guess (I also read it somewere said by a moder). Too bad, I would have really enjoyed this game for a long time. It's back to Euro Truck Simulator for me which is great but graphicaly is at least 4 years behind RnR.:(
As a side note, please understand that for me it's not that I cant meet the time limits, it's just that when it comes to truck sims/games I don't wanna be pushed, I wanna drive how I please (very enjoyable with my G25). For realistic racing I prefer GTR2 in hardcore sim racing leagues since I'm a proffesional simracer. I do understand what you said, that there are truck racing games, I was aware that they will probably implement time limits and/or rival trucks, but I was just hoping there would be some mod released once some time will pass enabeling us cruisers to disable this. It's a good game no doubt considering there are not many options of this game genre but unfortunately not what I whish for at the moment, and just couse of the time limits, all the rest like slow trafic, bugs and stuff I can accept.

USA Trucker
03-25-2011, 07:16 PM
Sorry, I don't recall a post by Melkor, or anyone else that a mod for time limits would be done. Maybe you could point me to such a post. I think this would require changing a large portion of the game machanics that I just don't think can be accomplised for the simple fact that everything from the "Story Line, Side Missions, and General Deliveries" would most likely be effected by this. If someone can do it, than that would be great, but I don't see it happening, at least in the near future. Maybe this is best handled by the game developers in some sort of patch. Seems being that they have not given us a promissed patch for their largest audience (English version, and only gave it to the Russian gamers), I really don't see any further support coming in this regard for us. Very dissapointing, and sad.:(

Drujba Dreptatii
03-25-2011, 10:39 PM
It was the last post on the first page of this topic;)

USA Trucker
03-25-2011, 10:49 PM
I found what you are referring to. This statement did not mean he was going to do it. Only that he’ll check.

SATrucker
06-24-2012, 08:12 AM
Still no news about that trainer to disable time limits?

Some of the shipments (low pay though) do not have race set to the ON position. That's the only ones with a higher time setting and drive as you please, you'll make it.

USA Trucker
06-25-2012, 07:55 AM
Dude, you're trying to answer a year-and-a-half old question that has long since been dead, and resolved. Time limits is part of the game, and you can't manually change it. What you wrote is not answering his question.

Most of these long ago members have left the forum due to Rig "n" Roll no longer being supported by the developers, or 1C in general. I'm basically here to answer Noobie questions about RnR.