PDA

View Full Version : Star Wolves 3: Ashes of Victory in Development

Pages : [1] 2 3

Nike-it
05-06-2010, 09:27 AM
1C Company and Elite Games Team are glad to announce the development of Star Wolves 3: Ashes of Victory (http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/star-wolves-3-ashes-of-victory/overview), a stand-alone expansion for the third game in the Star Wolves saga.

This original large-scale scenario, closely tied with the first part of the intergalactic epic, allows players to influence the ongoing events and experience multiple endings. Free roaming, free mission selection, free team forming – the world of Star Wolves waits for its heroes. The game is scheduled for release in Q4 2010.

Nanaki
05-06-2010, 01:05 PM
I am curious as to what they plan on adding to the sequel. Alongside the stuff that was removed from SW2 like randomly-generated missions, I would like to see support for more pilots into the game. Being stuck with a six pilot cap makes it feel like I am heavily undermanned most of the game, especially since you are stuck with 2-4 pilots for most of the game.

Also, having reasons to actually assign pilots to the mothership would be good too, at the moment assigning them to the mothership is a waste because they cannot use their special abilities, and usually means you have one less fighter in space, not a good thing.

Goblin Wizard
05-06-2010, 05:09 PM
What should be done:

1. Removing six pilot cap should be a priority for new expansion.
2. Large scale battles - possibility of having more than one mothership and assigning your pilots to them.
3. Motherships having drone bays (like Eve Online) for self defense.
4. Random missions. More types of random missions. Very hard missions with good rewards like unique ships or weapons.
5. Upgrade of graphic engine - make use of more than one texture (like bump map or displacement map textures).
6. Possibility of changing mothership and other ships paintings (like Dawn of War).
7. Trade system for earning money.
8. Possibility of supporting chosen faction - conquerable structures and sectors.
9. Buyable and deployable stationary defense systems - turrets, missile lunchers.
10. Modular ships designs - highly customizable ships (diffrent engines, hulls, armors, shield generators). These mere 4-5 systems slots are not enough.

I'll be happy If anything from this list will be included in expansion. If you want more ideas - check Eve Online. It has tons of interesting features. I don't mean copying - just creative development ;).

P.S. What about english version of the expansion - will it be released the same time as russian or several moths later?

Rastix
05-06-2010, 07:06 PM
I don't think devs read this forum

Nike-it
05-07-2010, 05:18 AM
P.S. What about english version of the expansion - will it be released the same time as russian or several moths later?

Most likely both versions will be released simultaneously.

Sneaksie
05-07-2010, 05:35 AM
I don't think devs read this forum

Actually, they do.

Goblin Wizard
05-07-2010, 06:36 AM
I don't think devs read this forumActually, they do.
Wooow!!! Voice from the heaven;). I feel blessed now:grin:
Thanks man. Good to know that someone from "The High Council" reads your posts.

btw 1.12 patch for SW3:CW was mentioned earlier. Are you still working on it or you gave up on this idea?

Xyph
05-07-2010, 11:28 AM
sigh... does anybody know if Cenega is ever going to release SW3: Civil War?

Florio
05-07-2010, 02:42 PM
I would like a french translation please! ;)

Zalpha
05-08-2010, 09:20 AM
If they do create a patch or a patch is included with the expansion, they should do a spell check on the dialogue, some of the mistakes are just unforgivable - even if it was a Russian translation. (Like once someone said "Good uck!" - where is the L in luck?)

Goblin Wizard
05-08-2010, 07:56 PM
It will be a standalone expansion so it won't correct any Civil War bugs.
don't be so strict. It's kinda funny to see meat instead of meet :grin:

Nanaki
05-09-2010, 01:24 AM
Too bad it was not as halarious as the Men of War translations.

mk_sky
05-09-2010, 07:30 AM
yeaah more star wolves sounds good, but is there a german translation of SW3CW coming out and wahts with the nest is there an chance for a german version?

and whats up with the voices thats scream me that there is only one person in SW3CW who have voice (not in text only battle an command speak, what was his name ... i forget it XD), can't you mak voices they can be an extra for those who wanted them like DLC on steam ... greeting mk_sky

Nanaki
05-09-2010, 12:17 PM
You are talking about Kalem... Kalem always struck me as the most pointless pilot in the entire game, I dont remember him actually having any lines beyond the point you meet him. The only thing that irritates me is that the developers could have introduced him so much earlier in the game and actually help allieviate the problem of having hardly any pilots most of the game.

Hal2003
05-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Kalem is good, his skills are very useful. For me is very pointless Validol.
But i will prefer more pilots for each fraction.

There should be more MS beacuse some are good as Lion MK II and some are underestimated as MS-119.

Nanaki
05-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Kalem is good, his skills are very useful.

I was talking about Story-wise, not skill-wise. You could have removed Kalem completely and the story would have not changed at all. I do not remember him doing anything remarkable except escaping and taking possession of an armed transport, something Ternie herself could have done.

The thing that Irks me is that Kalem is the big reason why you are forced to stick with an obnoxiously low number of pilots throughout the entire game. If Kalem did not exist, a character could have been added much sooner. Imagine if, for every situation in Star Wolves 3, you had an additional pilot for every situation before Kalem arrives on the team. You would start with 3 pilots on the Pirate ship and after Greyhair you would have four, and after you got Validol or Che or whoever, you would have five. For the alien missions, Six.

But, I would rather see in-game support for a far greater number of pilots. Eight would be a good starting point. The interface would only need minor modifications to handle it. You could reserve six of the slots for storyline pilots like now, and use the last two slots for hirable pilots, perhaps through the mercenary window. To be honest, it is rather bizzare to me that they kept the god-awful useless Mercenaries (Mine always got themselves killed in the first firefight I brought them into... I want a refund!) but ditched the random missions which were actually useful for getting up early money in the early stage of the game when you are too weak to fight anything.

Goblin Wizard
05-10-2010, 04:54 PM
To be honest, it is rather bizzare to me that they kept the god-awful useless Mercenaries (Mine always got themselves killed in the first firefight I brought them into... I want a refund!)
Depends on the point of view. They draw enemy fire giving your pilots several seconds of free shooting (I use them in this role sometimes). They are meant to be killed! IMO money is not an issue. But of course I would change them for random missions at once.

Nanaki
05-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Depends on the point of view. They draw enemy fire giving your pilots several seconds of free shooting (I use them in this role sometimes). They are meant to be killed! IMO money is not an issue. But of course I would change them for random missions at once.

Money is always an issue when you need to buy something. If you already have all of the best stuff, than money is not worth anything to you anymore. The value of mercenaries is not absolutly zero, but it is certainly lower than getting a better fighter or a better gun. Why would I throw away 200K (100K for initial purchase, 100K for the next system you expect a fight in) for some mercs who wont last 5 seconds in a real fight when I can spend it on a new fifth generation fighter that hardly costs much more.

Hal2003
05-12-2010, 10:09 AM
I was talking about Story-wise, not skill-wise. You ....

Yes i understand, its hard to fight with only 2 pilots I think there should be option when you leave Elio.
If player decide go to Gredos, he should meet again Nataly and he will join team.
If player decide go to Hespatus, he will rescue Kalem.

And not go to rescue Ternie with only 3 pilots (except one path there are 4) and disabled MS.

Trucidation
05-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Nice points raised.

1. Removal of pilot cap. Well, not too big a deal for me because I treated it as a limitation challenge of the storyline, but yes I can see where you guys are coming from: it would be nice to not fly with only half a crew for most of the game.

2. Large scale battles. My only problem is the graphics engine. For most of the time it's fine. But when there's a map with fog particles the framerate just dies. I know I'm playing on an older machine (I sneak my laptop to work), but it handles the rest of the game just fine, so the drop in framerate shouldn't be THAT bad.

3. Random missions. I didn't play SW2 as I heard it was bugged to hell (sorry 1C, but after decades of buying unfinished games I refuse to be a beta test guinea pig anymore). A working random mission board would be nice. Especially if the missions are actually varied, and not simply different ways of saying "kill X for $Y dollars".

4. More mothership freedom. We can buy fighters, so why not motherships? Expensive as hell, by all means. But don't force us to depend on storyline trigger changes. That's unfun, bro.

5. Modular ship design. I agree with Goblin Wizard, the current system is nice but not enough. Ya I know it's easy to force players to choose whether to boost engines or firing rate in that one system slot, but the problem is there aren't enough ship designs to make this viable. Let's face it, everyone flies around in Gunslinger Ts or something at the endgame. The ships are pretty much a "big, bigger, biggest" kind of deal. Let's make them more varied and useful.

-
I'm not too hot on the trade / other structures thing. I mean, yeah, those would be absolutely awesome, but they're quite large addition to enter into the game as it is. The other additions however can be made rather painlessly.

Hell, allow us to slap custom textures on our motherships and fighters (maintenance station "paint job" option), that alone would be fun while only incurring minimal effort on the dev's part (just check that the texture the player selects meets certain size and format criteria). Let's see how badass the pirates feel while getting shot out space by someone flying a neon pink ship, rofl.

Nanaki
05-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Which brings me to another thing: Game Over screens suck. We should be able to play around and wander around the universe after beating the final mission.

3. Random missions. I didn't play SW2 as I heard it was bugged to hell (sorry 1C, but after decades of buying unfinished games I refuse to be a beta test guinea pig anymore). A working random mission board would be nice. Especially if the missions are actually varied, and not simply different ways of saying "kill X for $Y dollars".

Thats pretty much what the SW2 mission board amounted to, although there were some delivery missions and such too. The fact we are begging even for a return to THAT functionality shows how little there actually is to do in the game.

5. Modular ship design. I agree with Goblin Wizard, the current system is nice but not enough. Ya I know it's easy to force players to choose whether to boost engines or firing rate in that one system slot, but the problem is there aren't enough ship designs to make this viable. Let's face it, everyone flies around in Gunslinger Ts or something at the endgame. The ships are pretty much a "big, bigger, biggest" kind of deal. Let's make them more varied and useful.

This is more an issue with the fact the Templar ships are massively overpowered. Why get a Dragon when a Gunslinger T has all that and an additional system slot to boot. The Templars are the only ones with fifth generation missile ships (Hrimthurs T) and fifth generation support ships (Trident T)...

Which brings me to another thing: Support ships are massively underpowered. Rather than having one Trident T that can only repair one ship in the fleet (and not itself, nope) for 10 HP/sec, and cannot even engage enemy ships while it is repairing, or I could have a bunch of Gunslinger Ts whom are all firing and attacking, each individually armed with a Nannite that does insane HP regeneration.

But than im getting into balance, and thats a whole different ballgame. Admittingly, Star Wolves 3 does have improved balance compared to Star Wolves 1 and 2 pretty much being all about the pulse lasers.

4. More mothership freedom. We can buy fighters, so why not motherships? Expensive as hell, by all means. But don't force us to depend on storyline trigger changes. That's unfun, bro.

In addition to More Mothership Variety. There are only five motherships in the game, Mastiff, Astarte, Lion, Manticore, and Star Wolf. Everything else is either a variation of the Lion (Lion MK2, Lion MK3), or a variation of the Star Wolf (Rhino, Supply Ship)

It also kinda sucks even more when you finally get that ultimate mothership, and you only get to use it on the final mission. You cant even wander around anymore since you will get a 'GAME OVER' screen.

I'm not too hot on the trade / other structures thing. I mean, yeah, those would be absolutely awesome, but they're quite large addition to enter into the game as it is. The other additions however can be made rather painlessly.

I agree.

Trucidation
05-14-2010, 04:35 AM
From the threads I've read, it seems like they can easily do some things. Easily as in it mostly involves just script editing or minor code additions.

- more & larger encounters
It's been mentioned that space feels too empty. It's true. It doesn't feel like there's a war going on. There's that contacts mod (I haven't time to try it out yet) shows that it's already doable.

- weapon fixes
Light guns are screwed, RoF is not much of an advantage when the range blows and the crap accuracy just makes it worse. There should be perks for their dispersion as well.

- detailed pilot info
Even with just these few pilots available, they feel more like faceless bunches of stats: "this is my missile guy, this is the systems guy" etc. It would help if they had a proper bio screen with additional stats showing things like the breakdown of their perk bonuses on each weapon type. Stuff like shots:hits ratio (how often they hit/miss), number of kills, how many times they triggered the 50% armor loss warning, etc.

Some of us love stats, the more the better. Those who don't can simply ignore this screen, no big deal - it's just a stats screen, I don't think it's much work to add.

There could be an additional stats screen for the mothership as well. Btw I think the firmware for System Mk 3 display is bugged, it shows correct stats but is listed as Mk 2.

- item variety
Sure there's plenty of stuff, but most of each type is simply big-bigger-biggest. Like, who cares about Mistrals when you have Cyclones? Weapons already have some contrasts like type, RoF, and damage, but everything else only has 1 stat. Also, the "best" stuff should not be on sale everywhere imo, it reduces the necessity of having to actually hunt down for good loot.

- mercenaries
Frankly, their upkeep costs are huge, they leech from the exp you desperately need, and they die so fast. Like many others, I mostly use them for predicted large encounters or for the endgame final mission, where it only matters to throw more bodies at the enemy.

Make the merc teams smaller but more skillful. Like maybe 2-3 ace pilots with active skills. I wouldn't mind so much if they were expensive and leeched my exp if they actually helped my team survive tough fights instead of being the first ones to die.

These guys should be 1st grade pilots, minimum, and with nearly-best gear (doesn't have to be overall good of course, there can be good offense or good defence types, speed types, etc). There should be no reason for allowing crap mercs to be hired, that is a pointless waste of money and only makes players nerdrage. Money is already tight so why waste it on mediocre pilots?

I don't care if they are "super unbalanced", there are two big reasons this is not a problem: (1) upkeep costs, and (2) they leech exp. Players only hire mercs when they are in dire straits, so why mock them some more by giving mediocre merc teams? Any sane player would rather NOT hire mercs because we all want every bit of exp we can get, even if money isn't a concern (which it usually is).

Gui DURANDAL
05-14-2010, 07:06 PM
My dream is to have a coop mode where you can play with a friend :grin:

Like DOW2...

For example, increase difficulty (more hit points) when you play with 2 motherships ;)

Rastix
05-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Somebody announced SW4 ? :lol:

Nanaki
05-14-2010, 11:01 PM
My dream is to have a coop mode where you can play with a friend :grin:

Like DOW2...

For example, increase difficulty (more hit points) when you play with 2 motherships ;)

Two players sharing the same mothership would be so much better. One Lion MK2 with 12 fighters is a hell of a lot better than Two Lion MK2s with 6 fighters each.

Trucidation
05-15-2010, 01:59 AM
Coop mode would be orgasmtastic, but multiplayer is generally a bitch to add in? I mean, if the devs want to, then fantastic. The only problem is controls. Like Nanaki pointed out, 2 squads sharing 1 mothership would rock, but how'd you determine who controls the mothership? Assuming player one (the host) does, then how do we fix the mothership interface to show the other pilots? It'll be far easier to just let each player control their own mothership/fighters.

Then you run into the problem of pausing multiplayer games. Unless you let everyone pause everything at any time they wish. May not be a problem with friends, but might be a problem with internet games especially if one guy pauses and then gets disconnected for whatever reason, leaving the other player stuck in a frozen game. This also applies to all the various speed modifiers (2x, 4x, 8x). The only way I see it working for the majority of people is if you disable pausing and speed changing in multiplayer games.

Sorry, I don't see this working out well. It'll be fantastic in normal space sims where each player generally directly controls one ship and leaves the others to the AI (which other players can substitute for in multiplayer), but Star Wolves' design isn't the same.

Nanaki
05-15-2010, 02:21 AM
I was going through some of the Russian forums, and they pretty much said Multiplayer is out of the picture for now, precisely because adding multiplayer would require redoing the entire game's engine, something that the developers feel they are not quite up to task for yet.

The only problem is controls. Like Nanaki pointed out, 2 squads sharing 1 mothership would rock, but how'd you determine who controls the mothership? Assuming player one (the host) does, then how do we fix the mothership interface to show the other pilots?

Each player has their own 6-slot mothership interface, just that one can control the mothership and the other cannot. Very simple.

Then you run into the problem of pausing multiplayer games. Unless you let everyone pause everything at any time they wish. May not be a problem with friends, but might be a problem with internet games especially if one guy pauses and then gets disconnected for whatever reason, leaving the other player stuck in a frozen game. This also applies to all the various speed modifiers (2x, 4x, 8x). The only way I see it working for the majority of people is if you disable pausing and speed changing in multiplayer games.

I think it would be a challenge just getting 2 player coop, and I think if the developers ever decide to add multiplayer, they should start off with that and then work their way up.

As far as multipliers and pausing, thats easy, Host determines.

Trucidation
05-15-2010, 03:59 AM
Ya, force control to host, eliminates arguing. Good idea on the interface share thing, I forgot each player obviously only needs to see his own fighters :) Actually if you do it like that, then any number of players can coop with 1 mothership. It might look ridiculous though - imagine an 8-player game, 8x6 = 48 fighters all queuing up to dock with the mothership... LOL. Game engine lag might be a problem with so many people around unless we limit it to 2-player coop.

Sharing mothership may also mean arguing over loot though :p

With only 1 mothership also most scripts should work without needing changes.

Edit: Forgot to mention, one thing that really really bugs me - new mail / journal / news entries that are displayed to you right before you jump out of a system. I don't know how the script triggers, but can you guys find a better way of sending these notices? Perhaps send them to the player AFTER he arrives at the new system? Sometimes I don't even realise I had new missions / mail because the notices are only visible for like 1 second before the screen changes to show loading the new system.

embryoma
05-20-2010, 07:56 PM
1. i wud really love to see a battleship hull as mothership, like "Deimos" of X3:TC
2. n i dnt get the pt y id have to wait till a trade st. for spendin exp pts., illogical
3. battleship hull will be more than ready to suffice extra slots compared to all cruiser hulls v had so far.bigger n better.
4. plasma cannon are as good as not installed , so y not get rid of it totally , n use sumthin like plasma arc dat jumps 4m enemy ships, DEVASTATING.
5. PROTECT ST. / CONVOY , DELIVERY etc. missions
6. n a bit longer story line.
thats all folks!
make good use of brain cells as long as they r alive.

Trucidation
05-21-2010, 12:29 AM
Yeah, there's not enough ship "grades". It would be nice to have different classes of capital ships.

...but let's not get sucked into a spiraling arms race of "bigger bigger BIGGER". If battleships are so powerful that they invalidate smaller capships then what's the freaking point of having the others? Everything should have pros/cons. I could live with godly armed battleships if they had a top speed of 50 and a maneuverability rating of like 5 or something, though.

We need more roles as well, missiles need to be improved so that heavy bombers are actually a menace. 4-slot missile ships come close, but their payload (again) needs to be improved. If they didn't suck so much then we could have wings of bombers which pose a REAL threat. Right now I just slap on a cyclone in a system slot and pretty much ignore those Bidents and Hrimthurs flying around unless they get close to the mothership. That shouldn't be the case. We should be peeing our pants when we see a flight of bombers.

Speaking of which, it's kinda odd missile defence occupies a system slot. We should be using turret-slotted flak guns. That would make things more interesting because you'd have to factor in the firing arcs etc. Plus it'd give incentive to use different motherships (assuming they're made available properly and not simply via story script...).

-
What's the problem with plasmas, they don't hit often enough? Laser defense doesn't stop them unlike particle guns (and of course lasers), so other than kinetics plasmas are pretty much our only other option. The refire rate may be slow but that's the point, if they're as fast as pulse lasers then you might as well not use anything else.

The whole point of variety is to NOT have a "top tier" of equipment which everyone always uses, because this means everything else is weaker. That totally destroys the reason for having lots of items to choose from. Good gear design would provide for things which are strong in different aspects, so you'd have to USE your brain instead of simply saying "oh I'll just buy weapon X and armor Y, and my ship will be godly". No.

-
The rest is the usual good stuff we all want: random mission generator, longer mission scripts, etc. Good, I hope they hear us :)

Rastix
05-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Good, I hope they hear us :)Try this on dev's forum;)

embryoma
05-21-2010, 09:50 AM
by the time the plasma projectile reaches the target the target is nowhere near.if laser defence is an issue thr is M-guns,cannons and particle acc.so a 4th gen plasma gun cant b compared with a 4th gen any other type weapon.if sum1 loves plasma so much the damage of a 4th gen plasma gun should be 3 "times" that of a 4th gen laser and not 50 extra damage, to counteract its inherent disadvantages, maybe then sum1 might use it.and this is the time wen all top tiers wud be equated.

mothership choice is solely personal.specially if u get tagged by maybe 4-5 cruisers with bad guns.

turret slotted flak guns r better,gives something to missile attack.also flares shud be bought just like missiles.u really dont expect ur ,missile defence to obtain matter 4m space and convert it into flares.

Trucidation
05-21-2010, 12:30 PM
See, that's the point of plasmas being slow. They don't need to be 4x the power of lasers, they already "have" that in the form of not being affected by laser defence (which particle guns are also affected by). I do admit it's easy to watch their projectiles and it does seem that they miss a lot, but that's the point: when they hit they hit hard. If you don't like that then obviously you'd be better off with faster guns... which already exist in the form of kinetics and pulse lasers (not everything carries laser def, so it's not even a "guaranteeed" weakness whereas plasmas are always slow).

-
I guess they're going with "guns don't need ammo", so flak guns don't either. Eh, I can live with that. Or force you to keep a wingman solely on anti-missile duty (that's a pretty hardcore challenge though, which I find acceptable but I think many won't).

It's just that missiles currently still suck despite being beefed up from previous Star Wolves games. A huge boost would be making them not caring about shields.

@Rastix:
The devs are Russian, right? I don't speak that, unfortunately. We can only hope that they know they have an english-speaking fanbase here.

Rastix
05-21-2010, 12:49 PM
@Rastix:
The devs are Russian, right? I don't speak that, unfortunately. We can only hope that they know they have an english-speaking fanbase here.

I don't see any problems at all :) You can write on english language in english-speaking topics on thier forum - http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/viewtopic.php?p=1750653#1750653

Trucidation
05-26-2010, 03:18 AM
That topic's pretty dead, last post was about a year ago, except for Goblin Wizard's new post (no answer yet...). Ah well, I just registered and posted, nothing to lose.

Goblin Wizard
05-26-2010, 10:28 AM
I've got my questions answered by pm (don't ask.. ;)). Rastix was very helpful in this case. He seems to have some kind of connection with Elite Games team :rolleyes:

Trucidation
05-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Well you were asking modding questions, heh. I was just posting feedback, they don't really need to respond.

Nanaki
05-27-2010, 02:37 PM
After playing a bit of Dynasty Warriors, I had an idea. Why not instead of figuring out ways to add additional pilots, you could instead promote your pilots to Squad Leaders and have them lead a flight of allied fighters. So rather than have 3 flights with 1 fighter each (which is what I usually do), you can have 3 flights full of fighters.

Goblin Wizard
05-27-2010, 03:42 PM
Hmm.. it's interesting. Worth to check.

Rastix
06-06-2010, 01:55 PM
New screeshots on IGN

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/073/073117/imgs_1.html

Nanaki
06-06-2010, 02:07 PM
It looks like they decided to overhaul the graphics.

Goblin Wizard
06-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Yesss. At last. Added bloom/hdr? Textures resolution looks the same.
I'd like to see new GUI too.

Trucidation
06-06-2010, 02:26 PM
While better graphics is always a nice thing, imo that's just icing on the cake. Putting more stuff as FILETYPE STANDART instead of DYNAMIC would be nice ;) Also, I still don't know enough of LUA to suggest script improvements, but I'm sure guys like Nanaki and Goblin Wizard may have something to say about that.

Rastix
06-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Think some more screenshots http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/starwolves3ashesofvictory/screenshots.html

Rastix
06-06-2010, 02:28 PM
Putting more stuff as FILETYPE STANDART instead of DYNAMIC would be nice ;)Explain please

Goblin Wizard
06-06-2010, 02:42 PM
While better graphics is always a nice thing, imo that's just icing on the cake. Putting more stuff as FILETYPE STANDART instead of DYNAMIC would be nice ;) Also, I still don't know enough of LUA to suggest script improvements, but I'm sure guys like Nanaki and Goblin Wizard may have something to say about that.

I can give only one suggestion: Release as much part of the code as you can (form the exe) and put it into editable script files. We'll take care of the rest.

I like the new light effects (http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/starwolves3ashesofvictory/screenshot-viewer.html?id=248296).

Trucidation
06-06-2010, 03:05 PM
@Rastix:
DYNAMIC type seems to be some sort of encoding, for example look at the text in \Data\LocData\English\Locations\Aurora\text.loc. Line 8 is something like "#L_nav_Alex=<some numbers>".

But in STANDART type files like \Data\LocData\English\ui_windows.loc, definitions like those are in plaintext, e.g. line 11 "#UI_TradeStationWndCaption = Trade station".

I'm sure the devs have their reasons for using different types, but perhaps they can be persuaded to explain how to understand DYNAMIC type files?

Rastix
06-06-2010, 03:33 PM
I can give only one suggestion: Release as much part of the code as you can (form the exe) and put it into editable script files. We'll take care of the rest.

The great decrease of perfomance would be as a result

I'm sure the devs have their reasons for using different types, but perhaps they can be persuaded to explain how to understand DYNAMIC type files?

They have copyrighted decoding tools

Trucidation
06-06-2010, 03:46 PM
We don't need their decoding tools if they used STANDART (because the text wouldn't be encoded...). Or did you mean something else?

Btw thanks for the update, nice pictures :)

Goblin Wizard
06-06-2010, 03:54 PM
We don't need their decoding tools if they used STANDART (because the text wouldn't be encoded...).
Exactly! What is the reason of encoding the dialogs? Why don't put them in plain text (like some others loc files)?

Trucidation
06-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Destructible modules, or item durability. E.g. "full health", "light damage", "heavy damage", "broken". We could set items to perform less optimally at different stages of damage or even be totally inoperable if they get broken.

Set flags to allow which weapons can have a %chance of causing this damage. This also opens the possibility of repair modules that fix items instead of shield / armor. In other words, more variety.

Edit:
This can also create more perks for repair; right now we have shield repair rate and armor repair rate. This can add item repair rate.

Another idea, firmware + pilot slot. Firmwares for fighters as well, not just mothership. Nothing major of course but even modest improvements (5%-20%) can help.

sidius
06-08-2010, 11:13 AM
I'd like to see some new player logos (and color - for those stripes - now it's cyan I think), which could be chosen when you choose pilot specialization (some new hero portrats to choose from would be nice too)

in my opinion, antilaser system "bubble" is ugly like hell, couldn't it be just glow effect like repair module?

also, I know that you don't need much aerodymanics in open space, but some of those fighters just looks like cut of stone brick.. I vote for more nice models like Black Stormcrow, Skolm, Trident and less stonebrick UFOs like Wyvern and all 1st and most 2nd generation fighters..

and last idea: it would be nice to add some storyline different than others, like joining Patrol to eliminate pirate gangs and such, and making system that would belong just to patrol, with trade station selling _pat0 fighters instead of _pl0)
and after ending this line Free Play, means you can start following some main storyline or just fly through the universe freely

Nanaki
06-08-2010, 01:13 PM
also, I know that you don't need much aerodymanics in open space, but some of those fighters just looks like cut of stone brick.. I vote for more nice models like Black Stormcrow, Skolm, Trident and less stonebrick UFOs like Wyvern and all 1st and most 2nd generation fighters..

We need more models period, most of those models were made during the development of the original game.

Trucidation
06-08-2010, 01:35 PM
I don't mind the "strange" ship design, after all as you say aerodynamics means squat in space - but as Nanaki observes, we simply lack models. They just need to give us more to choose from.

-
Edit:
Files in \Data\XMLSchema\ appear to be ignored; in the modding thread I tried to create a new item (game crashed), then modify an existing one (game ignored the change). If they can make these files actually be able to change things in the game then that would be fine.

Sentencer
06-09-2010, 01:02 AM
Some included mod tools would be awesome, like what Elemental: War of Magic is doing.

I would also love to have the option to make your own player faction, and control your own systems. Or maybe be able to take over an existing faction and eventually create your Galactic Empire! :evil:

Trucidation
06-09-2010, 01:54 AM
Hmm... to be fair, that's sort of straying into 4X territory and I never really enjoyed micromanaging certain aspects; I'm here just to blow things up ;) But, yeah, if you could purchase stations and then man them with your own crew that could effectively serve as a faction / home base.

Tools would be nice. And if they didn't obfuscate stuff *coughfiletypedynamiccough* and removed a few limits like adding perks and changing the XML definitions it'll help modders quite a lot.

I think I only mentioned this for the mothership, but if all ships could be multi-crewed (especially large ones, which makes more sense) that would be helpful. It could even open up new avenues for perks like fire control, tractor beam handling, etc. Isn't really as hard as it sounds; firmware sort of behaves like that already.

Keep the ideas coming :)

Nanaki
06-09-2010, 02:30 AM
I would have to agree with Tru, Star Wolves is first and foremost a combat game, and adding X4 elements would just divert resources from the rest of the game which needs all the development resources it can get.

Goblin Wizard
06-09-2010, 02:25 PM
I would also love to have the option to make your own player faction, and control your own systems. Or maybe be able to take over an existing faction and eventually create your Galactic Empire! :evil:

It's possible even now. Creating own base it's not problem. The problem is to keep it alive after you leave the sector. Taking control of enemy structures is possible too. All of these needs a lot of script work.

Edit:
About new screens. I can't see even one new ship. It worries me slightly. Will be any new ships in the expansion?

skrzacik
06-09-2010, 02:58 PM
About new screens. I can't see even one new ship. It worries me slightly. Will be any new ships in the expansion?

where i can find these screens??

i already found them :P

Rastix
06-09-2010, 11:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWkbhHjhPJY

Trucidation
06-10-2010, 01:44 AM
Thank you for the video update, Rastix!

...still, I can't help feel that much attention is always shown to combat. I mean, that's nice and all, but Star Wolves has strengths in many other areas too. Especially pilot development, there's no other space sim which even comes close to having anything like a skill tree as far as I can remember. Huge potential for more improvement.

-
Speaking of improvements, here's another thought. You know the interface gets a little cramped, but the trade station manages that by using different "tab" pages for different types of equipment - guns, missiles, systems, all of them are in different tabs even though we are still viewing the same trade station interface, right? Well, I feel that the journal, news items, and quest display could also benefit from a similar interface.

For one thing, it's really annoying to have to scroll through all the news items, and the colour highlighting for read/unread could be distinguished a bit more (they look almost alike, need to contrast more). Quest log also simply disappears, you can't look back at your past quests and think "ahh, this is what I have achieved so far, and it feels good".

Next, it's odd that you can hire mercs but you're not "allowed" to see what equipment they have. Shouldn't this be shown? After all if I am paying someone to be my bodyguard, I would like to know how good he is @ what kind of equipment he is carrying - otherwise how can I know whether he is capable or not?

Also, hired mercenaries share same faction as "mercenary faction". This is bad because - as someone complained - if mercs hate you, when you hire some mercs they are automatically hostile. What! They take your money and then fight you, lol. This is robbery. Either make their faction separate (I prefer this way) or don't let players hire mercenaries if they are hostile.

Edit:
I almost forgot, escort formations. I've seen the vector definitions in one of the script files I think. Can we please have a hotkey to select different kinds of formations? Sometimes I don't want my fighters simply around the mothership. Also, there was one time where the formation seemed to screw up and everybody was flying in a straight column (!). If we had a hotkey to change formations it would be nice, you can put fighters in front, or behind, change the flying pattern (V shape, diamond, rectangle, etc). This is totally doable, the vector definitions are already in the script... just need ability to assign them ingame.

Nanaki
06-10-2010, 01:52 AM
To be honest, I never liked the mercenary system at all. Having to pay 150-200K for a squad of mercs that cannot hold their own against a decent sized team of enemies, PER system (you have to pay them full price for each system you visit) is a complete ripoff. Especially when those mercenaries will be leeching experiance from your team as well.

The only time I hire mercs is right before the final mission, because I usually have a ton of money at that point and you typically will have top of the line gear by then, which pretty much leaves Mercs as the only option you have to improve your fighting capability.

Trucidation
06-10-2010, 03:02 AM
Yeah I know but some people apparently enjoy them. So at least they should be able to see what exactly they're paying for rather than just some random flavour text and "hmm, team A is more expensive than team B, they both have 5 pilots so Team A is probably better".

That sucks.

I mean, if *I* was to be a merc, I'd be carrying a scorecard of how many kills I've made, what kind of missions I specialise in, what my skills/perks are. I'd want to show potential employers as much info as possible so they'd hire me. Right now it's just like randomly choosing which brand of canned sardines to try.

Goblin Wizard
06-10-2010, 07:05 AM
I almost forgot, escort formations. I've seen the vector definitions in one of the script files I think. Can we please have a hotkey to select different kinds of formations? Sometimes I don't want my fighters simply around the mothership. Also, there was one time where the formation seemed to screw up and everybody was flying in a straight column (!). If we had a hotkey to change formations it would be nice, you can put fighters in front, or behind, change the flying pattern (V shape, diamond, rectangle, etc). This is totally doable, the vector definitions are already in the script... just need ability to assign them ingame.

There are two types of formations:
1. Formation of a flight. You can have up to 6 ships in a flight. When you creating a flight you can choose a formation for this flight. Possible formations are defined in shipFormation.script
2. Formation of an escort. There is only one possible pattern defined in escortDispatcher.script. This pattern gives positions (around escorted ship) for all flights.

I have bad feelings about this expansion. Whole movie, hundreds of ships and not even one new model! Only old ones with improved graphics. Rastix please let me know if there will be any new ships in the addon.

Trucidation
06-10-2010, 07:31 AM
Ya, I've seen the definitions of the flight vectors, which is why I suggested letting the player set flight pattern formations. No new ships is disappointing. I hope the FILETYPE MODDING does something useful.

Fix <work_sound> tag please, lol. I just tested and it seems missiles cause the game to crash as soon as they hit the target and explode if they have a <work_sound> definition.

Rastix
06-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Rastix please let me know if there will be any new ships in the addon.I don't have any interesting information :( May be later

Rastix
06-10-2010, 08:22 AM
I hope the FILETYPE MODDING does something useful.

It gives you ability to create your own active and passive dialogs

Trucidation
06-14-2010, 11:44 PM
A [powerplant] module type would be nice. That way you can add <power_drain> to all other modules. The idea being you shouldn't be able to install the hugest systems on small ships because they won't have enough power, and be able to upgrade your powerplant if you like the ship but don't want to upgrade ships just to use better systems. Total value of power_drain from all modules should not exceed the powerplant's power_output.

We could have an active perk that can make use of a ship's excess power to temporarily boost performance (speed, turning, shield regen, repair rate). The more excess power available the longer each activation lasts. Or have two perks that use this excess power differently, one lasts longer while the other gives better performance bonuses.

Right now systems specialists are ok but not as outstanding as other specialists. Their active skill (hacking) is nice but the target can still shoot back. This doesn't really help e.g. in the case of fighting capital ships. Sure, blowing its shields away and making it stop sounds cool... but capital ships move slowly anyway, and they generally have loads more armor than shields. It's only really useful against smaller ships, but on the other hand you can simply shoot them. Hack skill would be nice if you could mess up their targeting systems and make them fire at any target regardless of friend or foe status.

Missile turrets and availability of using active skills on mothership as well please :)

Rastix
06-15-2010, 07:49 AM
lol
I think you are expecting something comparable to SW4? ;)

Trucidation
06-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Haha, why not? :) It is better to have grand dreams even if the gains will be modest, rather than only have modest dreams and gain nothing.

Besides... other than the addition of a power rating and some validations during outfitting a ship, I don't see why this would be difficult to do.

spitfirex
06-15-2010, 03:25 PM
maybe for a later version a multi player system would be intresting

spitfirex
06-15-2010, 03:35 PM
battleship hull will be more than ready to suffice extra slots compared to all cruiser hulls v had so far.bigger n better

i agree but quite booring given with the right turrets you already over power any fighter fleet u encounter. But this is intresting if a multiplayer version comes out BTW ever played a mod on starwolves 1 where u can choose a battleship takes longer to manouver out of a portal then to play the whole game ^^

now thats a verry intresting thing but i sugest if this gets implemented to also be able to ad turret spots and not only systems (just that i like much turrets and battle ships)

Rastix
06-15-2010, 08:43 PM
maybe for a later version a multi player system would be intresting

As I know there are no such functionality

Goblin Wizard
06-16-2010, 05:26 AM
10. Modular ships designs - highly customizable ships (diffrent engines, hulls, armors, shield generators). These mere 4-5 systems slots are not enough.
Watch this trailer. It's a very good example of modular ship design feature.trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcBTRJK_2y8&)

Trucidation
06-16-2010, 05:50 AM
Hey, I think I've seen that kind of module insertion into spaceships in a game (see 0:33), it was an older game sort of like Star Wolves 1 (each mission in 1 map). Damn, I don't remember the name. I just about creamed myself when I saw it again though, how the hell did I forget about that.

The mission generator (1:13) wasn't very clear though, I just saw a bunch of combat stuff. The rest of it was the usual MMO junk, pretty graphics, PvP, blah blah been there done that.

Edit:
Hell yeah, thank GameSpot for the "related games" feature lol. I looked up Star Wolves and found that old game - it's Star Fury. Too bad there's very little coverage of it, I think it was another niche space sim most people passed over. Here's a screenshot (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/starfury/images/0/4/) of the grid-style module placing I was talking about. Too bad they don't have any larger resolution images.

Other than that I think the game was a fairly generic 1P space sim, I can't even remember the story. Ugh, I don't like mysteries... I might go try find that game again.

Trucidation
06-17-2010, 04:13 AM
Missile turrets (i.e. installed on mothership) were actually already designed (see "LRM2_GK" definition in Modules.xml) - the only thing missing is the "on/off" toggle for missiles on mothership.

Note: I haven't actually tried attaching a missile slot to big ships; I'm just taking the word of those who have.

-
Active perks are also unavailable to pilot sitting in mothership slot. I suppose some of them can be ridiculous (imagine using the increased speed piloting perk while flying the Astartes...), but if they just added a tag on each perk to indicate whether the perk is allowed on mothership or not - similar to Modules_xml "attach_type" - that would solve the problem.

-
Passive perk behaviour appears to be hardcoded inside perkDispatcher.script and CalculatePilotSkills.script. Would it be possible to make perk behaviour depend on the actual definitions inside an XML file, like how modules are currently defined? You would have to modify the two perk scripts extensively though, to loop through each pilot's perks and check whether it contains the tags a function is looking for instead of using hardcoded pilot:HavePerk() checks.

Trucidation
06-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Currently all MultiRocket actions are saved in LOGfile.txt. I've got a sample about 1MB in size but 99% of the entries are for MultiRocket. Those can be removed to produce cleaner logs.

-
It would be nice if Ashes of Victory could load from a Civil War final save and "remember" which storyline you chose. I mean, since they're all basically leading to the same thing (war with symbionts), it shouldn't be hard to do. Not really expecting much here but a simply acknowledgement from ex-teammates would be nice. E.g. if you played the MSF storyline you'd get a message from Viper, if you played the Triada storyline then Aja would mail you.

-
I know there's probably nothing major they can do about the game engine at this point, but it could use some more tweaking. It's strange how the fps drops really fast when the number of ships in the system goes up. I mean, most of the time at the normal zoom range ships are only a handful of pixels across (e.g. see any of my screenshots). It's crazy if the engine is trying to render all the small details at that scale. Solution could include an option in the menu to enable a less detailed mode or something.

-
Thank you for FILETYPE MODDING, but isn't this only for dialogs? What about actually adding quests? The game is already ok in this regard but some tutorials on how to actually add them would be helpful. Or maybe even a mission editor like someone mentioned earlier.

Stuka10000
07-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Will the game engine be better optimized in the expansion to eliminate the slowdowns and low fps with SW2 & SW3?

Secondly, when Bethesda released Fallout 3 the devs were asked what if anything they had learned from player feedback. The lead dev responded 'Don't let the game end'. What he meant of course was that players wanted to carry on in the game world after the main storyline had concluded. Will this be possible?

I would also like to see easy to use tools released so that the community can add mission arcs etc. I know the mod tools are out there but for most players these are too complicated and a simple system would be nice to have; which also of course extends the life of the game as the community create more and more content.

Palandiell
07-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Will the game engine be better optimized in the expansion to eliminate the slowdowns and low fps with SW2 & SW3?

Secondly, when Bethesda released Fallout 3 the devs were asked what if anything they had learned from player feedback. The lead dev responded 'Don't let the game end'. What he meant of course was that players wanted to carry on in the game world after the main storyline had concluded. Will this be possible?

I would also like to see easy to use tools released so that the community can add mission arcs etc. I know the mod tools are out there but for most players these are too complicated and a simple system would be nice to have; which also of course extends the life of the game as the community create more and more content.

fallout 3 is different though. bethesda didnt just mean an opening ending, they also mean an easy modible world to let players create hundereds of hours of gameplay, new missions, new cities, design, armor, weaposn etc etc.

one very important thing is to bring back the voices in SW. the galaxy seems noiseless and boring, a personal connection is missing to the team. the new "hero" is personally about as interesting as a ship hull. "i am a trader, i am a trader, i want to find out what happened to my ships" sums up his whole character. BORING!

also, the graphic is outdated, it would be nice just to update it a little. also the missions do get boring after a while and it would be nice to see a more interactive world like systems being conquered or actually chaning sides and more events dependable on players action in the past

Frzflm
07-11-2010, 05:26 AM
Also, hired mercenaries share same faction as "mercenary faction". This is bad because - as someone complained - if mercs hate you, when you hire some mercs they are automatically hostile. What! They take your money and then fight you, lol. This is robbery. Either make their faction separate (I prefer this way) or don't let players hire mercenaries if they are hostile.

Hi, I'm new to the forum.

Currently mercs hate me, but when I hire mercs they are still friendly so I guess it's ok for mercs to hate you lol.

Also I think the merc system has its own uses, since I usually hire the 5k ish team with a flight of 3 men before raiding a pirate station (force shoot to a pirate station and a bunch of pirates will come out, I had 5 Mastiff shooting at me once). However I'd love to see improvements on merc system, like what they said.

stivoknis
07-20-2010, 09:05 PM
one very important thing is to bring back the voices in SW. the galaxy seems noiseless and boring, a personal connection is missing to the team. the new "hero" is personally about as interesting as a ship hull. "i am a trader, i am a trader, i want to find out what happened to my ships" sums up his whole character. BORING!

I agree that the "hero" is quite boring. He doesn't appear to change throughout the game nor does he even have an interesting secret. The only thing that makes the "hero" cool is the fact that he looks uncannily like me. My mom saw me playing this game and said, "Why is your picture in the game.":cool:

Another issue I had was the possibility that not all story lines give you a character with an alien tech adaption perk. I managed to gain 35 alien missiles from the mission into the precursor sector which I was going to use on my missile boat character, but I never found a character with the alien tech adaption perk.:mad:

Also is there a place where someone can by alien or precursor weapons because what is the point of precursor tech adaption if I cannot even buy a precursor weapon?

Scott the Snow
07-29-2010, 07:56 PM
I dont think SW needs voices. 1C hasnt shown the resources to do them correctly, and SW3 was fine without them.

What it does need is a dynamic universe, that gives the impression of actually doing stuff when you are not there. Military should react to piracy, with large escorts through certain areas. Battleships leading campaigns from system to system. Technology being released because of the sucess of a faction, not the level of the player. Trade is more than credits for player, successful trade runs are recorded and vital to a factions success.

Pilots should have salaries based on skills. Pilots can be recruited and hired at anytime, and offer special quests and bonuses for being hired over extended periods. This way the longer the pilot stays the more useful he is, but the more expensive he is. This forces the player to become more efficient and ruthless.

I really couldnt care less about new ship types. A few, sure ok, but a lot would be unrealistic. I like the ones now, if they combined the ships from all the series it would be great. I dont even think a new tier would be useful.

Naming your merc group and selecting a logo that shows up on your fighters would be cool. Changing the tint would be nice as well. So if you wanted black fighters with a skull logo, you would change the tint and change your logo to a skull.

Skyeraven
09-13-2010, 11:41 PM
1. Good voice over work, although the vo in sw2 was bad i didn't have to spend few minutes reading every lines like I i did in SW3.

2. A more active and robust universe more ships going about their business trading fighting etc.

3. possibility of multiplayer either co-op or faction base pvp

Wakko
09-23-2010, 09:01 AM
Hi Folks.....!

Have to jump right besides SW3 - Civil War, which I think the last for today, another story is being developed in parallel (as in SW2), which is called SW3 - Ashes of Victory ..... ?

Now to bring in something better future SW game, I think it would these features:

1. Should have some form of power to get all the equipment of each enemy fighter destroyed (arms and/or heavy missiles and systems.)

2. That game's story is based on obtaining a system for recognition of achievement and glory. To that end, the rivals (Old Empire 'n' New Empire) will ask for help to destroy any Corporation (Inoco, Triod or USS).

3. Since they are new consequences of old and dear SW1/SW2 where Astra, Phantom, Heretic, Corsair, Ace and Hero achieved great goals. Should return at the end of a new game so that will help (symbolically) destroy the enemy. So that these new players can really get the name Star Wolves Mercenary unit, the true and original players.

4. SW1 fighters were excellent, followed by SW2 (Raven, Bastard, Mataric 'n' Skolm). But in SW3 - CW, never found the previous hunts SW2, to top it all, I found new and horrible fighters are to forget (Jaguar, Cheetah, Panther 'n' Puma), except for Black Stormcrow, Eraser, Stiletto Mk 2 , Smilodon, Dragon 'n' Wyvern Mk 2. Why not continue with the previous fighters SW2? Why should you upgrade to fighters, such as the Hammerhead?

Rastix
09-29-2010, 11:21 AM
New screenshots (http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/viewtopic.php?t=53169)

Trucidation
09-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks again for the update Rastix, I look forward to seeing what those updates mean in terms of changes to the PFX folders ;)

flashy
10-16-2010, 10:23 PM
has release been pushed back? on the 1c website it says q1 2011, start of the thread says q4 2010

sorry if its been said earlyer in the thread dident have my reading head on tonight lol

Trucidation
10-18-2010, 02:36 PM
The first post here says "Last edited by Nike-it; 05-06-2010 at 05:35 PM."... so the website's info is likely more recent.

Rastix
01-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Alien Frigate

Old one

http://www.elite-games.ru/images/starwolfs/sw2gv/afregat_b.jpg

New

http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/album_pic.php?pic_id=21269

Goblin Wizard
01-05-2011, 01:56 PM
One screen!? After 3 months? That's ALL?
What about some new info, details, etc.?

btw frigate looks more detailed but I don't think that adding that orange color is a good idea. Aliens were always a variation of "poison green". This gradient really suits them and make them more...terrifying...dangerous. IMO making ships more colorful doesn't always make them look better. Now it starts to look like a toy not a deadly alien vessel.

p.s. sorry about complaining everything but I've expected much more after 3 months of silence.

Rastix
01-05-2011, 11:10 PM
Huh? From what moment has it became my responsibility to inform the community??
I'm NOT Pr manager

Btw It's NY gift screen from devs not pr action

Goblin Wizard
01-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Huh? From what moment has it became my responsibility to inform the community??
I'm NOT Pr manager

Btw It's NY gift screen from devs not pr action
I want to apologize for my previous post. I didn't want to be so harsh. I understand that's not your fault. You always seem so well informed that I assumed you are connected with Elite Games Team.
Please, don't feel offended and keep posting any news you find.

Divebomb
01-09-2011, 05:03 AM
been playing a lot of Civil War last couple of days. this series is so much fun. really looking forward to the new one. new graphical improvements look excellent.

for the next game after this I really hope they take a look at implementing some form of multiplayer. and I don't mean competitive multiplayer (would anyone want this? it would be pointless), but more than one player cruising around in the game world at the same time, co-op campaign, either with the same mothership or each player with their own. or they would both start the game, as a new character from scratch. so that if one player already had played for a bit he could hire the second player into his mothership or something like this. although I've been thinking a bit and have no idea how time acceleration and pause funtions would be solved for multiple players, maybe with an area of influence or something, or the same rules apply to both players while they are in the same system. such that if both players are in the same system if one pause or accelerate time it pauses or accelerates for both, but if they are in separate systems they can pause/accelerate without influencing each other. hm.

flashy
01-17-2011, 12:32 PM
so seems its now been pushed back to quater 2 2011 wounder whats causing all the delays

Nanaki
02-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Expecting any developer to release anything on time is an exercise in futility.:-P

That is why more and more developers are not giving any release dates until the last minute.

KrazeeXXL
04-03-2011, 02:42 PM
hi there,

ok I'ma bit late but better then never, so here are some of my ideas ;)

1. I'd like to see a simple change in the game when it's about assigning teams. As it now is you have to assign them every time again after undocking from the MS. It'd be cool to save your team-assignments permanently so you don't have to do the same drag 'n drop stuff over and over again. imagine that annoying standard procedure with a perhaps advanced player cap of 8 :lol:

2. MS docking procedure: let more then one fighter dock and/or undock at the same time. (could be MS-dependent) - there could be a carrier like in Wing Commander, where you could launch/dock all of them within seconds (not minutes) ;)

3. MS AMS: let the MS' AMS defend own and friendly fighters within a special range around it (the range also could depend on the system you use - so #1 has almost no range where #5 has a huge one)

4. A capital missile launcher for the MS would be nice. There you could launch f.e. all the rather useless unguided missiles in a hot battle or some big-ass torpedoes on other capital ships. :D

in this case a limitation of how many rockets should be used and a reloading time of some seconds would be interesting, to prevent the MS from spamming the missiles out in no time. The reloading time could be firmware and/or "capital-ship missile launcher system" dependent, too.

5. some list which shows the kills of your pilots as mentioned b4 by Trucidation. Besides the stats which would be interesting to watch at, it'd be nice if your pilots could climb up the ladder by making kills. So you don't have to use your rare xp to get this 'n that perk (see Fallout 3 FWE perks)

It could look like this:

Hero destroyed 50 ships and was promoted to pilot 3rd grade and can now use ships of the 3rd gen.

or XYZ intercepted 100 enemy missiles and became advanced AMS user. Or XYZ repaired 10k hull-points and became ... you know what I mean ;)

But you should still be given the opportunity to invest in these perks if you want to.

6. some different flight maneuvers. they all look alike. There could also be me more active perks for pilots, f.e.: Wild Ivan or whatnot xD

7. as mentioned b4: different formations. Also to make it somehow possible to assign points where pilot XYZ/rout 123
would fly f.e. in a case of an escort. Squad one flies in front of the escorted vessel and squad two covers it's six while fighter 7 and 8 secure the escorted vessel's three and nine. Would be cool in large scale battles as it'd bring some more tactics in.

8. to the "anti-laser bubbles" as mentioned b4. they could just pop up when hit or do some different graphic effect related to the hull, like f.e. the repair system does.

9. get rid of some of the exploits. f.e. that 4x phoenix repair system / 4x ghost or whatever in one ship. these things shouldn't accumulate with a hundred percent. Perhaps 20 but not a hundred.

and finally #10 ;) plz make the game somewhat more efficient and faster in large scale battles. Cool new graphics are always nice to look at but what use do I have from them while watching a true lag-orgy ;)

Greetz KrazeeXXL

flashy
04-27-2011, 09:35 AM
release date has now been moved to September :(

Goblin Wizard
04-27-2011, 06:59 PM
I hope the main reason is to make a better game not "we have something more important to do in the meantime". I wouldn't like to see the new Star Wolves like other well-known game with the "forever" in title:rolleyes:.

Groundar
05-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Any news about the Ahses of Victory?

flashy
07-02-2011, 07:00 PM
now moved back to October :(

Kzak
07-05-2011, 07:09 PM
This is beginning to look like how the development of Star Wolves 3 went. Wasn't it postponed a year or so, date gradually moved back?

flashy
07-05-2011, 08:51 PM
i seem to remember sommet like that yeh given they orginaly had it set for release pre xmas last year only 4 or 5 months more to go lol

KrazeeXXL
07-26-2011, 11:52 PM
good things come to those who wait...

So, I won't complain about the moved release date at all. Not if we get a better game with less bugs and more features...

if you get a really cool game with more then 10 hours of playtime (which - most of u know - is seldom nowadays) and which you can even replay (!) and which doesn't annoy you bc of endless bugs... Seriously if I get such a game, I can wait for some months more... and who plays computer 24/7 in summer anyways?! :lol:

move it to october or later. I D C

just make it playable and awesome. the better you guys make it, the more true fans you'll get, who will even pay for it.

just sayin' ;)

Sing_In_Silence
08-22-2011, 06:58 PM
Ooh, info on the next Star Wolves!
The up-side of being offline for ages:
Lots of cool stuff when you get back :)

At this point it's probably too late into the developement cycle, but probably better saying this stuff than not, so.

Disclaimer:
Everything is imo, obviously.
The following is based on a fair amount of SW3:CW, a runthrough of SW1 (Just finished blowing up the Berserk Mainframe in Kronos), and reading the manual and watching a gameplay video of SW2.
Heh.

It is also very very tl;dr.
I apologize for that in advance.
I know it's intimidating, so bullet points are provided.
Find the asteriskes, the rest of the lines can be more-or-less safely ignored.

Glossary:
=> - derived from/subsequnt to the above.
^ - related to the above.
Gen = Generation.
Cap-Ship, Capship, etc. = Capital Ship.
PL = Pulse Laser
P.Accl. = Particle Accelerator
MS = Mothership
MG = Missile gunner

Also, I speak of 'levels'. I'm refering to power-level rather than actual level, naturally.

The Star Wolves series is a good strategy game.
SW 3, at least, is (imo) not so good a tactics game, though, as there's very little you can do during the fight to affect the outcome.
(Activate skills, De/Activate missiles, change targets/asignments, dock/undock.)

To illustrate what I mean:
You're in a serious fight. You've whittled the enemy down from 2 4-fighter wings to 2 each.
2-3 of them decide to attack the same target (possibly excluding the MS).
If they manage to get through its shields, it's probably as good as dead (even with someone on repair), and the only thing you can do about it is:
Pray and A) Make it run away (either solo, in which case it loses any defensive bonuses added by the wing) or
B) set it to wing leader with the rest in 'defense' (and hope they attack the ones pursuing instead of the others. In which case you (probably) *still* lose any leadership bonuses,) or
C) Try and dock.

None of which allows player skill to make much of a difference, and I've yet to feel that a game that bases player efficiency on the player's prayer is a good idea.

Furthermore, (your pardon, but) ship-handling (which is completely automatic) and the automatic target selection (which can be done manually) are just awful.
e.g. My gunner is riding an enemy's tail. Will he try and stay there; shooting all the while? No.
If his max velocity is higher he'll overtake (since he can't slow down?) and then start banking wildly around looking to reacquire his target.
If he's slower, his target will get away, causing the same.

Or, early game in SW3, I'm in a Heavy Transport (2 Poleaxe turrets, both on the top) fighting a pirate in a Yari.
He starts out above me. This is fine. He strafes down and we shoot at each other.
He breaks off down and to the right, leaving turrets' arc of fire.
All my MS needs to do to get him back into (the turrets') line of sight is roll to the right (and if it wants to, aim its nose at the Yari).
What does it do?
Rolls to the left, presenting its vulnerable stomach, and start chasing the Yair with its nose.
And it continued to do this for upwards of 40 seconds (on x4) before I just told it to 'Stop', and it leveled out.
Granted, the MS' accuracy at the time was bad, but that fight (against 1 Yari) took ~4 minutes on x4, and at its end, my MS was down to 1/3 HP.
Seriously?

Or take fighter vs. Capship.
I finally manaully positioned my team in, say, a Mastiff's blind spot (behind and slightly beneath). Will they sit and fire until it dies? No.
They'll start strafing runs, costing firing time. And not only that, they'll break off at angles when they're done, taking them out of the blind cone I so painstakingly put them in, and back into the Mastiff's turrets' crosshairs.
^ This one, by the way, appears to be an automatic offender in any 3d space combat sim, e.g. Homeworld series, Freelancer (though somewhat warranted there, as you can rarely ever get a fighters vs. capship fight uncomplicated enemy fighters), Freespace 2 (iirc).

On the bright side, the AI isn't better at them, so at least it's even.

Note: I'm not claiming that I could do it better.
I'm pointing out what are - to me - the sticking points.

That being the case, note that a lot of the following will be from the perspective of a Missile Gunner hero, as - in my opinion/experience - that's the specialization that lets <the player> make the most active difference (and Missile Gunner AI pilots are - as far as I've seen - generally rare, late-game or both, with Red Corsair being the exception).

* Requesting a 'De/Activate all rockets' hoykey.

* Requesting an 'Assign all in wing to X' (Attack, guard) hotkey.

* Requesting a 'Smart Pause on (area) load', and a toggle hotkey.

* The ability to manually assign the fighter-launch order would be good. (Alternatively, if the ability exists, documenting it would be nice. I haven't managed to figure out the Hangar-order -> Launch-order logic (though admittedly I haven't put much effort into it. I just disable auto-launch).
* Also, The ability to launch selected fighters than simply automatically 'launching all'.
Both of these would make a very big difference in some of the 'as soon as you enter the system' scripted events. i.e. "ARGH! There's an ambush over here! Why the $(*@ does my <special purpose ship> always launch first?!"

* A method of making money (and/or gaining experience) outside the main plot. e.g. Return the SW2 random 'Jobs' from trade stations.
^ In my SW3 experience:
If you need to do this, it's because you're not strong enough to fight through a scenario in the plot, probably meaning that you're either Gen1-1.5 and with a non-combat spec or Gen~3 and coming up against one of the first large-scale battles.
So, your options are:
A) Try to find a system with 'level-appropriate' encounters.
And since finding a level-appropriate area isn't possible without actually scouting every single system (without digging into the randomcontacts.script), odds are that you're going to get your MS pulped so many times (by higher-gear wings) you'll just give up (from experience). Leading you to
B) Finding lower-level enemies to bully. Less risk of dying, but the exp/loot-value drop-off is too steep to be worthwhile. Or
C) Find a system that spawns equal-or-higher level wings from opposing factions. Let them kill each other. Pick up the loot and resume your plot-line.
The problem with this is:
A) Worthwhile ones are very rare, so you're unlikely to find them without textfile digging (which a newbie won't (know how to) do).
And B) likelier than not, your gear-Gen is high enough that you're 'overleveled' and the previously unwinnable fight will now be (more or less) a breeze.

* Deadly Missiles >>> Missile Salvo. (Although the two together are awesome :twisted:)
=> I'll say more than that: A Rocket Gunner is only as good as his Deadly Missiles skill. It's rather absurd, and possibly overpowered.
(Thank goodness that the AI doesn't use abilities :!: )
(And also makes a Rocketeer Hero in SW1 essentially useless at anything other than spamming torpedoes at capships. (Yes, as a Guru he can actually hit with missiles, but given how few he can tow at a time (and how weak they are compared to the same with DM), that's what? 1? 2? enemy ships destroyed before he's just a gimped Ace/Sniper?), even more-so if you take Corsair (who *has* not only DM but both abilities).)
==> Which makes the most effective way to use a Missile Gunner (in SW3, possibly SW2 as well) (in non-scripted encounters, and in some of those as well) as a solo DM2 T4 Eraser(!) torpedo sniper. (There's no benefit in overkill, and the cost-efficiency ratio of higher tier gear makes it financially unfeasible besides.)
^ Doing this, my SW3 MG Hero can clear Fronn (including the Stone Arrows) solo, with breaks to reload.
^ -> In a Bident or better (i.e. 4 Rocket ship); scout carefully (bonus points: Use a Ghost and Agent) until you find a spot on the map where 3-4 patrolling wings are visible. Launch 1 torpedo at each. Before the first gets into AMS range, activate DM (which works at missile hit rather than launch).
^ All the patrols die 9 times out of 10, and you just killed 12-18 fighters (or 2 Stone Arrows at 2 torpedoes each) at the cost of 1 DM and ~2.4k cr. Return to reload, send MS to loot while you scout for your next targets.
==> A skilled Missile Gunner can kill most fighters in 2 missiles (w/DM), (More, my Missile Gunner SW3 hero took out the Alien Frigate, solo, in 1 attack run; flying a Hrimthurs carrying 4 S32 Hailstorms (btw, since they don't launch simultaniously, most of them got prematurely detonated by the blast of slightly-sooner-launched S32s) and burning both DM3 and MS2 iirc.)
* The ability to target multiple enemies simultaniously with different launchers would be appreciated.
Note: I realise that this is unlikely, as it'll probably require completely overhauling how weapons work.
Hmm. Now that I think of it, that's actually how idle MSes work.
Note to self: trying changing a Missile Carrier from inteceptor to bigship.
Note to self: Won't that stop it from docking? Find out.

-> Unguided missiles are next to useless against fighters (Point-blank range sometimes hits, anything else is a waste of rockets, berthing space, money). Intended?
^ Then why the heck are they so ubiquitous? The only allied non-scripted cap-ship generally around is MY FRIGGIN' MS.
Which means that, unless I distract every single missle-carrying trash mob with my fighters, my MS will get pounded by un-AMS-able dumbfire rockets.
Grrr.

* Is it possible to disconnect missiles from launchers? (i.e. carry missiles as cargo, split as demanded between launchers.)
Note: This'd probably require giving fighters cargo capacity, and unless there's something more to do with it, it's probably not worth the coding time, and capships can't fire missiles.

* Why can AI Missile Carriers stand off and pummel me with rockets and I can't return the favor? (It keeps strafing.)
^ -> Rocket Attack seems... not to be working as intended, imo. When used beyond missile range, nothing happens, when used in range, it - as far as I can tell - just attacks normally, i.e. strafing.

* Make friendly kills (i.e. last shot on hostile by a green-name) share exp. PLEASE.

* SW3: The ability to 'hang on' to the (scripted) 'long jump' so it's not a 'now or never' would be great.

* The 'Scanner' ability added in SW3 is awesome.
* Now, can it be expanded to a display mode in the map/tactical view? Not an issue with small fights, but would help with large-scale battles. (Possible issue: Clutter.)
^ Or even just the ability to manually add visual tags to ships. (e.g. star, skull, triangle, etc. and I'll assign meaning to picture. "Oh, that ship has a triangle. It's an AMS ship." or "Oh, that ship has a skull. It's a Torpedo-carrying missile-ship." etc.)
^ Or possibly just precache all the correctly sized picture files (with the right extension) in a specified directory, so the player can customize his choices.

Note:

* Lasers are completely outclassed by both P.Accl.s and Pulse Lasers. This wouldn't be a problem if Lasers didn't (try) to scale all the way to Gen5. Why not just let them petter out at Gen3 and move along to P.Acc. and PLs?
(P.Acc <> PL is okay for high <> low accuracy pilots. Same as Plasma/Kinetic cannons, though the latter scale less well; as with lasers.)

* Kinetic machineguns suck (due to horrible pilot accuracy (I mean, who other than special-purpose-ship pilots use them if you have an alternative? Berserk Lasers would be a good upgrade if it didn't take so *long* to get the proficiency. Speaking of which, why bother (at the *beginning* of SW3) have Heretic even offer 2 mk1 Berserk Lasers instead of the 12.5k cr? You can't use them until you devote 95 xp (45 engineer2, 50 for Berserk Prof) on Ternie to get the prof.) & innate high spread). This is a problem.
=> Why do snipers get Fav:laser (2 exp for basic aiming + 30/35 exp for Fav), and then, *much later* also get cannon adjustment (iirc: 5 + 35 for basic and expert engineering + 75 for cannon range + 200 for cannon adj.) and no one else gets either one? I assume that it's against Diamond-users, but, well, that's what I have wingmates :p

* SW3: WTFin'F is up with drunken pilots ffs?
^ What do I mean? I'm not sure why, but sometimes *not a single one* of my ships, including the MS, can stay level.
Bah. Was going to fraps a short clip before posting this. Forgot.
^ To illustrate: Imagine a realistic FPS game. You're wielding the Sniper rifle, in scope mode. The scope moves in circles *around* where you're aiming instead of being spot-on to simulate muscle trembling and breathing's effect on steadiness).
They do that.
It makes flying a nauesiating experience, makes docking take ~3 minutes per ship (x.x) and is just plain irritating besides.

* One-shot systems are barely worth using (i.e. only if you have *nothing* else to put in those system slots, and even then I almost never end up using them). Is this a problem?

* MS Stealth modules: By the time you: A) Can afford it, B) Can reach a trade station that's selling it, you almost never *need* it anymore, since you're probably quite well decked out at that point, and don't *need* to avoid patrolling wings.

* The ability to store/call manually pre-configured ship loadouts (without having to actually have them (taking up one of the limited slots) in the hangar) would be nice, as it'd make putting a goal-specific ship together less of a hassle when you have a (nearly/) full complement of pilots.

Trucidation
09-01-2011, 08:51 AM
I love long posts and many points in there struck a chord - excellent observations! Gotta run now though, will edit this later.

Sing_In_Silence
09-01-2011, 08:15 PM
oh hey, a response. Hadn't expected that.
Okay then, new post.

* Re: Drunk pilots.
I can reliably recreate it.
The problem is a combination of:
- Flying in a non-straight line (i.e. Turning) with a
- high manuverability (for fighters: over 200 is iffy, over 400 is a certainty. For Bigships, over 40, iirc.)
- at any faster-than-realtime speed.

If I understand what I'm seeing correctly, the engine does in its navigation calculations the equivallent of frame-skipping in graphic rendering.
Then you get infinite insufficient course corrections, each one throwing it still too far off.

* Slowing to realtime fixes the drunkeness for that time, just stopping the ships doesn't.

* Re: changing a missile carrier from interceptor to bigship: No luck.
So I modified the carcasses.xml in Goblin Wizard's mothership mod, messing with the Butcher.
Assuming that's all that needs to be changed, what I got was:

Changes aren't applied to old saved.
In a new save, a corvette Butcher was spawned in my inv, but couldn't be put in the hangar.
A bigship Butcher just didn't spawn.

Oh well. So much for that little experiment.

* Showing the gun placement on ships' wireframe is good, but can we get a toggleable 3d display of their firing arcs (,i.e. Coverage, lines of sight, whatever) in the tactical display, please?

* Could we get deployable radar bouys, please? Oneshot or retreiveable, as you like.

* I understand that #uses/mission abilities used to =per system.
Given that SW no longer uses that model, could it be changed to maybe a lockout system, with levels either invreasing duration or shortening the lockout?
(I mention that specifically since the archetecture is, I believe, already used, i.e. Skill duration isn't always equal to the skill's cooldown.)

* Another reason that I ask for a leveling alternative: that off-mission exp divisor coefficient (exp*0.1) is a killer.
But for the reasons mentioned above, just increasing it won't be enough.

* Given that in SW3, unlike SW1, scripted events are only trigger by your MS rather than any ship, the ability to escort as a screening element i.e. leading instead of trailing or equal with your MS - would be invaluable.
Please? :)

* The 'defend' pilot assignment is wonderful if that wing is the one being attacked.
If, for example, your fighters are all in one wing and all set to defend, but the enemies are attacking your MS, you'll have 1 fighter, the team leader, shooting, and all the rest just flying aimlessly in and out. :/

* Hacker attack suffers from generally low quality vs quantity opponents, and the cooldown means you can only ever disable 1 ship at a time.
Great for busting an enemy capship's shields, and for paralyzing SAM when he tries to escape from New Kyoto (so you can kill him there and not have to chase him). And not imo much use beyond that.
* Suggestion/request:
If possible, could it be made to affect a wing per use?
Same effect vs. Capships, more use the rest of the time.
(also, why can Hertic do it but I can't?! :P )

* One last thing:
The SW world is huge.
And as far as content is concerned, mostly barren.
(as far as I can tell, less than half the systems are put to use.)
SW1 had most every point of interest do something, even if only offer you a 'kill this' or fedex quest.
The fact that SW3 doesn't gave that is not my problem (though it could be an the alternative leveling method, if implemented generically.)
My problem is that I'm forced to fly back and forth, slowly across huge tracts of barren (though not actually emtpy) space, at least until midgame rolls along, bringing the first 'long distance travel' script, assuming I can immediately accept it.

Related note:
Systems are much better fleshed out in SW3, and so feel much more 'real' now than in SW1 and 2.
Great job!

Trucidation
09-02-2011, 04:39 AM
Decided to just reply than edit the previous post since you added more :) I'll try to summarize things to keep from writing too much.

Agreed, there are actually far too few things the player can do to affect combat as it happens.

The flying's always been an issue. Pilots don't seem to know to slow down to take advantage of staying on an enemy's tail - which results in all the wheeling around and strafing runs you see ingame. It would be advantages to not slow down to match the target's speed occasionally though; for example if you're also being pelted by an enemy. To handle this the player should be able to tell the pilot whether to prioritize destroying the target (meaning to slow down to match target speed) or avoiding incoming fire (meaning don't slow down). Or perhaps simply allow to specify a threshold minimum speed% reduction, like "don't fly slower than 50% of top speed". Assuming speed is the only factor here.

Or take fighter vs. Capship.
I finally manaully positioned my team in, say, a Mastiff's blind spot (behind and slightly beneath). Will they sit and fire until it dies? No.
They'll start strafing runs, costing firing time. And not only that, they'll break off at angles when they're done, taking them out of the blind cone I so painstakingly put them in, and back into the Mastiff's turrets' crosshairs.

Pretty sure the AI in this game isn't equipped to handle avoiding enemy firing cones (or ships will be wheeling around all the time trying to get behind each other). However, I agree they should at least consider this if the target was much slower i.e. fighters vs capships.

^ This one, by the way, appears to be an automatic offender in any 3d space combat sim, e.g. Homeworld series, Freelancer (though somewhat warranted there, as you can rarely ever get a fighters vs. capship fight uncomplicated enemy fighters), Freespace 2 (iirc).

I've never actually seen a game AI which would slow down and park itself in a blind spot even though, theoretically, it shouldn't be hard to do. Granted, most of the time it'd be pointless to try but as said it would be viable against much slower targets.

* The ability to manually assign the fighter-launch order would be good. (Alternatively, if the ability exists, documenting it would be nice. I haven't managed to figure out the Hangar-order -> Launch-order logic (though admittedly I haven't put much effort into it. I just disable auto-launch).
* Also, The ability to launch selected fighters than simply automatically 'launching all'.
Both of these would make a very big difference in some of the 'as soon as you enter the system' scripted events. i.e. "ARGH! There's an ambush over here! Why the $(*@ does my <special purpose ship> always launch first?!"

I don't auto-launch either (some of the modded motherships are fast enough to outrun some trash mobs you'd not want to waste time with). It would be nice if the ships launched in the bay number order.

* A method of making money (and/or gaining experience) outside the main plot. e.g. Return the SW2 random 'Jobs' from trade stations.

A working random missions board would be beyond awesome.

^ In my SW3 experience:
If you need to do this, it's because you're not strong enough to fight through a scenario in the plot, probably meaning that you're either Gen1-1.5 and with a non-combat spec or Gen~3 and coming up against one of the first large-scale battles.
So, your options are:
A) Try to find a system with 'level-appropriate' encounters.
And since finding a level-appropriate area isn't possible without actually scouting every single system (without digging into the randomcontacts.script), odds are that you're going to get your MS pulped so many times (by higher-gear wings) you'll just give up (from experience). Leading you to
B) Finding lower-level enemies to bully. Less risk of dying, but the exp/loot-value drop-off is too steep to be worthwhile. Or
C) Find a system that spawns equal-or-higher level wings from opposing factions. Let them kill each other. Pick up the loot and resume your plot-line.
The problem with this is:
A) Worthwhile ones are very rare, so you're unlikely to find them without textfile digging (which a newbie won't (know how to) do).
And B) likelier than not, your gear-Gen is high enough that you're 'overleveled' and the previously unwinnable fight will now be (more or less) a breeze.

Agreed, difficulty scaling needs to be fixed. I think most of us acknowledged this. The figures are all over the place in multiple files though. It'd be quite a job.

<stuff about missiles>

Which is why my first priority was to mess with the missiles, heh.

-> Unguided missiles are next to useless against fighters (Point-blank range sometimes hits, anything else is a waste of rockets, berthing space, money). Intended?
^ Then why the heck are they so ubiquitous? The only allied non-scripted cap-ship generally around is MY FRIGGIN' MS.
Which means that, unless I distract every single missle-carrying trash mob with my fighters, my MS will get pounded by un-AMS-able dumbfire rockets.
Grrr.

Exactly. Unguided missiles are pretty much useless for the player except vs capships; realistically you're not gonna hit anything else.

* Is it possible to disconnect missiles from launchers? (i.e. carry missiles as cargo, split as demanded between launchers.) Note: This'd probably require giving fighters cargo capacity, and unless there's something more to do with it, it's probably not worth the coding time, and capships can't fire missiles.

Sounds good, but yeah, you'd have to split missiles into launchers and cargo-able ammo. Capships not being able to fire missiles is a big boo-boo imo. Unlikely to see this being fixed without an engine rework although it doesn't really sound hard to do.

* Why can AI Missile Carriers stand off and pummel me with rockets and I can't return the favor? (It keeps strafing.)
^ -> Rocket Attack seems... not to be working as intended, imo. When used beyond missile range, nothing happens, when used in range, it - as far as I can tell - just attacks normally, i.e. strafing.

No separate AI for firing rockets exists I think.

* Make friendly kills (i.e. last shot on hostile by a green-name) share exp. PLEASE.

Yeah, I really hate exp-on-kill systems.

* SW3: The ability to 'hang on' to the (scripted) 'long jump' so it's not a 'now or never' would be great.

Agreed, if you don't take it, you're faced with an epic trek across the game universe. Choice should be something like "jump now" and "minimize this message box", so you can click on it to un-minimize it and jump when you feel like it. Should also expire when you reach the target system.

<stuff on weapons>

It's pretty messy all around.

* One-shot systems are barely worth using (i.e. only if you have *nothing* else to put in those system slots, and even then I almost never end up using them). Is this a problem?

Never used any one-shots either, they're horribly inefficient considering how many encounters you get into during the average flight. I always felt these were a waste. Maybe if ships had unique slots dedicated to one-shot systems they'd have some use, but right now? No.

* The ability to store/call manually pre-configured ship loadouts (without having to actually have them (taking up one of the limited slots) in the hangar) would be nice, as it'd make putting a goal-specific ship together less of a hassle when you have a (nearly/) full complement of pilots.
Would be very convenient especially if it could check whether you have items that require specific skills to handle.

* Showing the gun placement on ships' wireframe is good, but can we get a toggleable 3d display of their firing arcs (,i.e. Coverage, lines of sight, whatever) in the tactical display, please?

Yeah, would be great to have this. You'd think a mothership carrying enough equipment to assemble fighters from parts would already have this capability lol.

* Could we get deployable radar bouys, please? Oneshot or retreiveable, as you like.

Now this would be a useful one-shot; actually, it's more of a deployable (unless it gets blown up).

* I understand that #uses/mission abilities used to =per system.
Given that SW no longer uses that model, could it be changed to maybe a lockout system, with levels either invreasing duration or shortening the lockout?
(I mention that specifically since the archetecture is, I believe, already used, i.e. Skill duration isn't always equal to the skill's cooldown.)
Aren't skill usage reset when the pilot docks, I don't quite remember. It's just that docking is kind of a hassle so you can't simply do it in the middle of a huge fight.

* Another reason that I ask for a leveling alternative: that off-mission exp divisor coefficient (exp*0.1) is a killer.
But for the reasons mentioned above, just increasing it won't be enough.

Seems like they didn't want us traipsing around, haha. But yeah, simply adjusting this figure - while it would help exp - doesn't address the other issues.

* The 'defend' pilot assignment is wonderful if that wing is the one being attacked.
If, for example, your fighters are all in one wing and all set to defend, but the enemies are attacking your MS, you'll have 1 fighter, the team leader, shooting, and all the rest just flying aimlessly in and out. :/

Yeah, I find it better most of the time to have everyone fly separately; the wing bonuses just don't cut it when the wingmen contribute nearly nothing to the fight.

* Hacker attack suffers from generally low quality vs quantity opponents, and the cooldown means you can only ever disable 1 ship at a time.
Great for busting an enemy capship's shields, and for paralyzing SAM when he tries to escape from New Kyoto (so you can kill him there and not have to chase him). And not imo much use beyond that.
* Suggestion/request:
If possible, could it be made to affect a wing per use?
Same effect vs. Capships, more use the rest of the time.

Yeah, it's like a vs boss skill and overkill on everything else. I'd rather it have a effect like making it harder for people to aim at you or something.

* One last thing:
The SW world is huge.
And as far as content is concerned, mostly barren.
(as far as I can tell, less than half the systems are put to use.)
SW1 had most every point of interest do something, even if only offer you a 'kill this' or fedex quest.
The fact that SW3 doesn't gave that is not my problem (though it could be an the alternative leveling method, if implemented generically.)
My problem is that I'm forced to fly back and forth, slowly across huge tracts of barren (though not actually emtpy) space, at least until midgame rolls along, bringing the first 'long distance travel' script, assuming I can immediately accept it.

SW1 didn't have a universe, it was pretty much system = mission, so they could afford to put in details. SW3 feels quite empty especially in the systems you normally don't visit outside of missions.

Sing_In_Silence
09-03-2011, 10:48 PM

Eh. Meant Cleric, and typoed Heretic besides.

---

And the point I meant to make about disconnecting Missiles from launchers is that it would allow you to overstack missiles.

Pretty sure the AI in this game isn't equipped to handle avoiding enemy firing cones (or ships will be wheeling around all the time trying to get behind each other).

No, yeah, it isn't.
I'm just saying that imo- as you say, at least vs. capships, or if they find themselves there vs. a fighter - they should.

A working random missions board would be beyond awesome.

FYI, since I understand you haven' seen SW2(?):
The Jobs I saw in SW2 (the Jobs board is what - in SW3 - is the 'News' list, i.e. in your office, left is Mercs, right is Jobs.) were 'patrol' (travel a circuit around the system, fight a wing pirates/Berserks that spawns before you when you reach the last one.) and 'fedex' (dock with station X in system Y. Return.).

No separate AI for firing rockets exists I think.

As far as I've understood (going through the attack and defend scripts) you're right.
Which doesn't explain why I've seen them do it.
Not always, but more than just once.

(e.g.
A wing of 2 Bidents and 2... Raptors? attacks my MS.
Raptors swoop in and start flying around as expected.
The Bidents park at max range, pummeling my MS while my fighters are engaged.

It's good tactics, I'm not arguing that. I just wish I could return the favor :p )

Yeah, I really hate exp-on-kill systems.

Yup.
It also makes early-game more difficult (I mean, if you obsessively pause-save-load and make sure that you last-hit every kill, by the time you get Ternie you can be at 50+ exp (and, um, don't ask how I know. :oops:), more if you stick around Falcon Station and pick off the MSF/NESF combatants, join the Patrol patrols and pick off pirates, etc.
And even 'just' 50 exp is a big difference at that point),
and Mercs much less useful (and they're not particularly useful - for their cost - to begin with, I'm sad to say).

It's pretty messy all around.

Wasn't too bad imo in SW1, (at least, as far as I've gotten. iirc: 3 generations of ships, kinetic miniguns and cannons, SRMs, LRMs, 1 MIRV, 1 laser, 2 PLs, 1 PA.)
but the fact that everything (tried) to scale al the way... gets, well, yeah, messy.

Now this would be a useful one-shot; actually, it's more of a deployable (unless it gets blown up).

I assume that you haven't, but:
Have you read any of David Weber's Honor Harrington books?
Another thing I'd've liked is missile pods (external, stationary-but-towable 1shot missile launchers. Put whatever missile/torpedo in.)
Of course, the fact that ECM interception is static
(read: unaffected by missile quantity, meaning that lots and lots of missiles don't satrurate the ECM, increasing penetration)
(which is what the ECM-reduction on Missile Salvo is supposed to emulate)
would make this much less useful.

Aren't skill usage reset when the pilot docks, I don't quite remember. It's just that docking is kind of a hassle so you can't simply do it in the middle of a huge fight.

Nope, it's when you enter a new system.
You make a good point, though.
Refresh-on-dock would also be a fair alternative (and would probably require a reduction of max charges).

Seems like they didn't want us traipsing around, haha.

Well, to be fair, traipsing around can really screw up the intended plot-progress-to-player-power ratio.
e.g. Did you know that the Y-shaped defensive platforms in Hephastus can drop Shining (gen3 PL) turrets?
Did you know that you can (theoretically, if you already know what happens in that system) go there - while in the Heavy Transport, before getting Ternie or the Mastiff?
Also, there are 34 of the turrets, and Shining turrets sell - on normal - for ~89k-92k each.
Would make getting to Elio through hostile Patrol/NESF wings much easier, not to mention the rest of the game afterwards.
Or would, if there weren't a gen5 assassination team scripted to kick your ass if you don't stick to the starting script (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NonstandardGameOver). (Warning: TVTropes link! Beware!)
But yeah, simply adjusting this figure - while it would help exp - doesn't address the other issues.

Yeah, I find it better most of the time to have everyone fly separately; the wing bonuses just don't cut it when the wingmen contribute nearly nothing to the fight.

idk if they really 'don't cut it', but they're completely invisible, and the extra autonomy of individual fighters (as well as most pilots having some amont of Leadership) really makes it an unappealing option.
The biggest reason to fly in a wing is the ability to sacrifice 1 fighter to free up 1 precious system slot on every other fighter. :|

SW1 didn't have a universe, it was pretty much system = mission, so they could afford to put in details. SW3 feels quite empty especially in the systems you normally don't visit outside of missions.

re: SW1.
Exactly and exactly. Sorry if I didn't express it well enough.

re: SW3.
Exactly, but on the flip side they do have more 'character' than the mostly-empty systems in SW1.

Trucidation
09-08-2011, 02:21 PM
The wingmember AI could use an overhaul. Maybe I played too much Dragon Age a while back, but I really liked the idea of the AI slot system. "If X happens then do action A; if Y happens then do action B; else default to action C." We shouldn't need to micromanage so much :/

kokain_jtp
09-08-2011, 08:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLAHg5WiIO8 can anybody tell me what is this???

jklinders
09-09-2011, 08:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLAHg5WiIO8 can anybody tell me what is this???

Uh, no. That has nothing to do with Star Wolves at all.

That has all appearances of a possible Star Wolves Mod for the game Freelancer.

There might be a Star Wolves theme here but it is not Star Wolves.

kokain_jtp
09-09-2011, 08:30 PM
That is sure a hammer head an if you search you will find trade station from star wolves 1-9 all like this....... and the movie is from 2010......

Trucidation
09-10-2011, 11:06 AM
So what are you trying to say? It's from Freelancer: see all the icons on the bottom of the screen, the top middle action bar, not to mention the entire freaking trade screen at 0:39.

While I enjoyed Freelancer, it's got nothing to do with Star Wolves.

kokain_jtp
09-10-2011, 05:13 PM
I don't know that game ... i was thinking that it is a mod....or some new star wolves.........

Trucidation
09-10-2011, 10:29 PM
No, nothing to do with Star Wolves at all. Freelancer came out in March 2003, developed by Digital Anvil and published by Microsoft.

Freelancer has some good concepts like the cruise/cruise rings, the factions and relationships between them, plenty of ships models (fighters, capital ships), and if you can get past the rather sparse equipment upgrading tree and rigid storyline, it's a good space sim. There are some huge mods for it too, like the Discovery mod, which adds literally hundreds of ships and weapons and other items. If you can find it, it should be very cheap by now.

I'm pissed at more modern space sims exactly because they're simpler than Freelancer. We don't need more mindless shooting games. Space sims aren't just "FPS in space".

flashy
09-23-2011, 07:44 AM
i know this is prolly a long shot but can any of the admins give us a clue as to if this is gonna ship in October its fast approaching with no actual date as far as i can see, been wanting to play this since Q4 last year throw us a bone :)

tylerdyr
10-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Hey,

we have now October, since July no news!

So come on, tell us something. Is October still the release month or what happen to the game? May you canceled the Project?

Just give us something more :).

Hal2003
10-06-2011, 09:02 AM
I found on some servers release date 25. 10. 2011 :wink:

tylerdyr
10-06-2011, 10:35 AM
how sure is that?

thanhquan11a1
10-07-2011, 05:58 PM
I found on some servers release date 25. 10. 2011 :wink:

Buddy,where did you get this info from?

Hal2003
10-07-2011, 06:22 PM
http://games.gamepressure.com/game_info.asp?ID=14954

tylerdyr
10-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Interesting, to hope that official respond to that is useless but i still do :).

Heavenblade
10-17-2011, 01:22 AM
I've been hearing rumors that this has been delayed another year.

tylerdyr
10-17-2011, 08:21 AM
A year delay? That is a bit to absurd :)

flashy
10-17-2011, 09:03 AM
given its all rdy had a year delay another year would seem abit extreem given theres screens up etc all rdy and as far as we know theres been no major engine rebuilding etc it should be a case of creating the story and ironing out and bugs they decide to chase some offical update would be much appricated if some 1 from on high would find the time to decend to are corner of the forum lol

Xanathos
10-18-2011, 08:45 AM
Greetings,
i am new on this forum, but i wish share below my hopes and ideas about Ashes of Victory:

Playing that game was fun and fascinated, but next games reapeat same things. Civil War bring few fresh things, like start from early beginning, acquiring new motherships, fighters, quests, crew with new and nice avatars.

1) More freedom of action for player, such as being a member of the faction, become a outlaw pirate, military or free adventurer depending on the scenario decisions taken in the game.
2) Possibility to creation something like own fraction. Through gather sum of founds to buy/create (or conquer) own space station, naming organisation, hiring random members and buying more ships, including trading ships and battleships and ordering jobs, quest from npc (example destroy group of pirates, convoy transport). Gathering found from building mines on asteroids.
3) Increasing amount of mothership. Huge amount of buyable motherships and battleships and another types like corvettes and transporters. I think not one players dream about piloting Stalingrad Battleship adaptet as mothership, or flying Butcher corvette or Stone Arrow Cruiser.
4) Ability to create the own fleet. For example: player controls Lion mothership with 6 crew members and designate five others members with fighters to pilot Astarte mothership and another to piloting Arba Heavy Transporter. Player can also manage modules and weapon all three ships as its main mothership. This option of create player small fleet, that will be helping with hardest game moments.
5) Huge amount of NPC crew member that player can hired. In previous game player can only travel with few same crews. Also good idea will be option to hire special crew members that are specialist of piloting only huge ships (like Brina and K.T.), as eventuality of upgreaded AI firmware.
6) Types of mothership with increased capacity, that will be able carry more fighters.
7) Random quest generator.
8) Increase number of game localizations (not only russian and english)

I knew that part of my vision above about new Star Wolves is a little radical :P but i hope, that with help of large group of fans, Star Wolves 3: Ashes of Victory will become most epic space strategy/rpg game.

Hal2003
10-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Hmm game again postponed, new release date is 8. november.

Goblin Wizard
10-19-2011, 07:14 AM
Strange. Officially (http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/star-wolves-3-ashes-of-victory/overview) is still October. Anyway, thanks for info.

Hal2003
10-19-2011, 07:26 AM
Strange. Officially (http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/star-wolves-3-ashes-of-victory/overview) is still October. Anyway, thanks for info.

If you look at the page i posted before there was 25. 10. for USA and 28. 10. for Europe and now is there 8. 11. for both.

Xanathos
10-20-2011, 06:41 AM
I have addiotan few question about Ashes of Victory.
When the game comes out, will also box version with full detailed walkthrough with description of all storylines, quests, stashes, tables with description and stats of all weapons, modules, fighters, ships and example big wallpaper from game?

Goblin Wizard
10-20-2011, 06:57 AM
I have addiotan few question about Ashes of Victory.
When the game comes out, will also box version with full detailed walkthrough with description of all storylines, quests, stashes, tables with description and stats of all weapons, modules, fighters, ships and example big wallpaper from game?

I'm sure a guide that will be included in the box will be similar to the old ones. You can count on some basic info and stats of ships, weapons and modules but not much more.
btw Have you ever seen a game with detailed walkthrough included? imo discovering the world and story it's part of the fun.

Trucidation
10-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Most of the time I don't bother with the lower tier gear anyway, if the previous Star Wolves are anything to go by :/

November huh? Dang, I've got an outstation trip coming up.

Xanathos
10-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Have you ever seen a game with detailed walkthrough included? imo discovering the world and story it's part of the fun.
Example Witcher 1 & 2 :)
Of course when Ashes of Victory comes out i will play few times with own choices, and discover world same.
But i you end game few time and know that still is some part of game still is unknown and mystery and you dont know how reaveal this, walkthrough comes with help :)

Btw. i hope Brina and especialy K.T. comes back in new game

Goblin Wizard
10-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Example Witcher 1 & 2 :)
Jeeez, they really did it? (i've never played these). RPG game with a walktrough :lol:.

Btw. i hope Brina and especialy K.T. comes back in new game
I'm sure they will be back, officially or not ;)

TrashMan
10-21-2011, 08:58 AM
Frankly, I think the game needs a re-balance the most.

The difference between fighter and weapon generations is just too absurd.

Sneaksie
10-21-2011, 11:44 AM
The game release date has been shifted to Q1 2012.

Xanathos
10-22-2011, 09:11 AM
I sit like on needle wiating for Ashes of Victory :P
I hope that in new game, players begin adventure from begining like in Civil War, first as minor trader piloting Tug, then earning money throug simple transport quest to possibility buying new ships, like Walrus, Abra, Star Wolf rtc. Next through missions meeting new people, or hiring them from space stations canteen, or saving them from trouble.

What do you think about add to game new pilot specjalisation, beside well know skills: pilot, gunner, rocketeer and system specjalist, new skill ability (Large Ship Operator) would focus on piloting large ships. This tree skill techniques would include pilotage, fire or systems and well trainer pilot will be better than firmware mk 3. Pilot from that specjalizastion will have full tree primary skill (pilot, gunner, system) and basic tree secondary skill. Of course normal pilots still will ba able piloting motherships.

Goblin Wizard
10-22-2011, 11:45 AM
It's not a bad idea but fighter pilots shouldn't be able to operate capital ships or eventually with big penalties to piloting, gunnery, etc.

The game release date has been shifted to Q1 2012.

Damn, again :evil:.

Xanathos
10-22-2011, 01:18 PM
It's not a bad idea but fighter pilots shouldn't be able to operate capital ships or eventually with big penalties to piloting, gunnery, etc.

Exactly, like in Civil War when fighter pilot, piloting capital ship, only passive skill works, and that skills is few. Pilot whit piloting capital ship will have much more passive skill working on capital ship speed, maneuverability.

Another thing i wish that will be able in AoV is more side quests.
Player can recive information form network to PDA actually quest info from trader, corporations or empires, also when visiting space station, beside tab named "office" good idea will be add tab "local information". These tab also will have inforamtion about avivable quest, pilot announcement to hire, traders rumors about special places where seen secret stashes or large groups of pirates.
One thing that i don't like in Civil War is very few ways to gain money, excluding reward from main story quests and selling equip, they are no other quests or they are very hard to find. I wish that new game fix this.

Goblin Wizard
10-22-2011, 01:33 PM
That's right. If they make a crossover game between Freelancer (quests, trade, corporations) and Star Wolves (the rest) it will be one of space sim ever. But there is a very little chance for it.

Xanathos
10-25-2011, 06:50 AM
I was watching screenshots form AoV in Elite-Games site with new basic mothership with 3x turret and 3x system (can i ask those who knows russian language to translate on english that ship name?). He seems realy nice.

There also few screenshots with nice looking space stations.

As i write earlier, it would be nice if there was a possibility of controlling the space station. Stations can be acquired by the retake in hard battle from the hands of pirates, or as a reward for services to the empire or the corporate, or rebuild ruined station.
Player would be able to dock the ship in own and choose another mothership taht he have docked at the station. Addition, if a player has hired more pilots, he can choose form station the suitable members on a mission.
Unfortunately it sounds too good to be real could :P

Goblin Wizard
10-25-2011, 08:57 AM
Actually, it's real even now. I was working on very similar idea for my motherships mod. A small part of the test code was implemented in unreleased 0.28 version. The whole idea was:

1. You have to buy/find/acquire a base modules like storage, factory, hangar, etc.
2. You have to have a pilot with special engineer skill that allows to construct a base. Additionally, to start building a base, you have to equip your mothership with some special construction modules.
3. If you have the skill and all needed equipment you can build your base anywhere you want. Base appears in front of your ms 100 clicks away. The same way you can build defensive turrets around your base. Player's base (and ms) can have one unique module called "town portal module" which allows to freely travel between your base and a sector you're currently in.

That was the whole idea. The main problem was saving your base after you left a sector. It's possible but very complicated. Now, I'm waiting for AoV. I hope AoV will be even more modable than old titles.

Xanathos
10-25-2011, 09:39 AM
Goblin Wizard i hope you show more about this mod :)

I hope that developer post in this forum some kind of FAQ about Ashes of Victory. I have seen overdatet (Jan 2011) AoV faq in elite games site but in russian language. Few interesting things that i can translate with help of google was:
1) Player can buy motherships
2) Player control still only six heroes
3) Stalingrad and Stone Arrow will not avaiable, only with mods
4) Money obtain mainly from loots

Goblin Wizard
10-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Goblin Wizard i hope you show more about this mod :)
Hmm.. I don't think so. I've stopped working on this mod nearly year ago and I prefer to wait till AoV. I really hope that devs will make some significant changes to the engine which will give us more possibilities.

Fixer
10-25-2011, 10:55 PM
looks like AoV was delayed until Q1 2012?
Kinda sucks .

Gin33a44
10-27-2011, 02:20 AM
I am curious as to what they plan on adding to the sequel. Alongside the stuff that was removed from SW2 like randomly-generated missions, I would like to see support for more pilots into the game. Being stuck with a six pilot cap makes it feel like I am heavily undermanned most of the game, especially since you are stuck with 2-4 pilots for most of the game.

Also, having reasons to actually assign pilots to the mothership would be good too, at the moment assigning them to the mothership is a waste because they cannot use their special abilities, and usually means you have one less fighter in space, not a good thing.
http://www.makemoneymakemoney.net/1.jpg
http://www.makemoneymakemoney.net/2.jpg
http://www.makemoneymakemoney.net/6.jpg

Xanathos
10-27-2011, 06:53 AM
If it is only 6 pilots, which the player will be able to control at same time, at least it should be their lot to choose from, each of the original photo-avatar, biography, and unique skills.
In Civil War, early in game, thera was cool trained mercenary team with leader in Black Stormcrow. It's a waste that you can't join him on to the team.

Goblin Wizard
10-27-2011, 08:06 AM
Two nice screenies from Elite Games Team forum

About pilots - this picture clearly shows that nothing has changed.

Xanathos
10-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Two nice screenies from Elite Games Team forum

LOL! Stone Arrow remodeled to fighter carrier mothership!? I can't wait AoV.

About pilots - this picture clearly shows that nothing has changed.
Little disappointing. BTW what is the english name this ship?

Goblin Wizard
10-27-2011, 08:46 AM
Little disappointing. BTW what is the english name this ship?
Cayman

Xanathos
10-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Thanks for translation Goblin Wizard :)
Where you get the latest photos, because i can not find?

Goblin Wizard
10-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Where you get the latest photos, because i can not find?
Probably because they are not latest ;). Check here. (http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/viewtopic.php?p=2695993#2695993)

The answer I've got from the devs today:

Could someone explain why the release date was postponed again?
Sorry, we cant dig into details, but can promise: the game will be released, when time for release comes.
For now we are working at making solid, crash-free, interesting product.
Have some patience :)

As always...have patince my young jedi :rolleyes:

Xanathos
10-27-2011, 11:34 AM
I can wait as long as the end product was satisfactory and free from bugs.

I hope that in oposite to "Civil War" the "Ashes of Victory" will be released in Poland. So far Cenega Poland released only polish translated "Star Wolves" and "Star Wolves 2".

kokain_jtp
11-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Some news.... anything? please.. screenshots ... infos??

Xanathos
11-07-2011, 07:52 AM
This thread may be dead for Q1 2012?
I wish know new info or screenshots too :)

Ashes of Victory will be released more for the international market in english language version or whether it will be measured in the local market in russian language version?

Xanathos
11-15-2011, 09:44 AM
To refresh this thread I put a link to video of interview on the Ashes Of Victory found on youtube. In the background and durning interview you see pieces of the gameplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDZRYKgzg6s

Interview is in russian language.

Xanathos
11-19-2011, 08:28 AM
I hope, that developer give us a perfect gift for christmass as english demo version of Ashes Of Victory.
As it says in the christmass, some wishes come true :)

Goblin Wizard
11-19-2011, 08:39 AM
Demo would be nice. I'd like to see what new engine is capable of.

Goblin Wizard
12-11-2011, 07:36 PM
If you are bored waiting for the new Star Wolves incarnation, you may be interested in this little thing (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28417).

Goblin Wizard
01-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Info one of the users posted on the Elite Games Team forum:

Звездные волки 3: Пепел победы
Дата выхода: II квартал 2012
Дата выхода в России: весь год 2012
====TRANSLATION====
Star Wolves 3: Ashes of Victory
Release date: II quarter 2012
Release date in Russia: the whole year 2012

Source here. (http://www.igromania.ru/gamebase/123608/)

Trucidation
01-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Second quarter? Meh, we've been waiting this long.

It's a sad reflection on the genre (space sims) though, all this waiting simply means we couldn't find anything else to move on to.

Lotrek
01-28-2012, 05:41 PM
SO um - any updates at all - Been following the facebook page but nada there. At least throw me a new screen shot or somehting please :)

kokain_jtp
01-28-2012, 08:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ntKXjDHKwM :cool:

Goblin Wizard
01-28-2012, 10:06 PM
Thx for the link but.. hmm.. How would you call someone who calls such a video "gameplay"?;)

Lotrek
01-29-2012, 08:21 AM
Thx for the link but.. hmm.. How would you call someone who calls such a video "gameplay"?;)

Well that does at least qualify as a screen shot :)

Michael_Moon
02-16-2012, 04:40 PM
The project is frozen

flashy
02-17-2012, 09:04 AM
got a source for that abit of info?

Michael_Moon
02-17-2012, 10:03 AM
got a source for that abit of info?
The words of several team-members on their official site are ok?

flashy
02-17-2012, 10:08 AM
ye sorry if it sounded rude just u hadent provided a link or anything or given where u got the info from so just wanted to know where the info came from :) rather sucks though been waiting ages for it:(

Michael_Moon
02-17-2012, 10:59 AM
ye sorry if it sounded rude just u hadent provided a link or anything or given where u got the info from so just wanted to know where the info came from
If you know Russian well enough you can go to their off-site and read all info there. ;)

Goblin Wizard
02-17-2012, 10:59 AM
The words of several team-members on their official site are ok?
Did they say why the game was frozen?

Michael_Moon
02-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Did they say why the game was frozen?
Actually nothing definite. As usual they let the fans guess about the reasons :)

Lotrek
03-02-2012, 11:46 PM
As q1 comes to an end I feel the need to kick someone at 1c in the pants.

/kick

Goblin Wizard
03-03-2012, 08:27 AM
As q1 comes to an end I feel the need to kick someone at 1c in the pants.

/kick
Don't blame 1C. It's not their fault. Actually, 1C can really help SW team so if I were you I'd rather pray for them not kick them.

Lotrek
03-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Goblin Wizard, respectfully, I disagree. I have a ton of respect for the mod and community work you do for this series but it is 1c's job to promote the game and keep the fan base informed and in that respect they have failed miserably.

They have a forum they never update an in lieu of using the forum they made a facebook page that they haven't posted to since July of last year. The only news we get is obscure refrences and rumors.

I understand they have numerous projects they promote but they need to understand the space sim/space rpg market is starving and SW3AOV is one of the few things we have to look forward to.

Goblin Wizard
03-03-2012, 03:30 PM
You are right about publisher's duties but in this case it's not about it. Freezing the project was the effect of internal development team problems. 1C is not responsible for them.
As usually the problem is money. If devs get some cash they finish the game. If not..I don't want even think about it. So.. if you want to play this game someday pray for a big pile of cash :-D.

thanhquan11a1
03-04-2012, 06:20 AM
Goblin Wizard, respectfully, I disagree. I have a ton of respect for the mod and community work you do for this series but it is 1c's job to promote the game and keep the fan base informed and in that respect they have failed miserably.

They have a forum they never update an in lieu of using the forum they made a facebook page that they haven't posted to since July of last year. The only news we get is obscure refrences and rumors.

I understand they have numerous projects they promote but they need to understand the space sim/space rpg market is starving and SW3AOV is one of the few things we have to look forward to.
Thank you!
You are right about publisher's duties but in this case it's not about it. Freezing the project was the effect of internal development team problems. 1C is not responsible for them.
As usually the problem is money. If devs get some cash they finish the game. If not..I don't want even think about it. So.. if you want to play this game someday pray for a big pile of cash :-D.
Thank you!

kokain_jtp
03-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Hmmmm the project frozen... hmmmm... This isn't good.... I think i will make a sw .... Release date: 30.02.2013..... The game's name is "Star Wolves Episode 3 The Phantom from Opera 11.50 " The principal personages are : Ace Obi Wan Norris, Padme Astra and Rambo Ventura....and aaaaa hmmmm... Anakin Corleone...

PS: Please delete this post... :-|:-|:-|:-|:(:(

thanhquan11a1
03-11-2012, 06:34 AM
I'm tired of waiting for the releasing date! As Globin said the developers get financial problem... I hope you pass through this hard time and show us The Ashes of Victory- the greatest space game ever!

thanhquan11a1
04-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Star Wolves 3- Ashes of Victory, release date : Q1 2012... Please pronounce that the release date is undefined. At least, show us you care for...

Lotrek
04-05-2012, 03:12 AM
Well it is a month later and not a peep.

Wake me when it's ready.

Lotrek
05-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Guess Ill just keep checking every month.

Lotrek
06-02-2012, 10:21 PM
oh look another month and I'm still the last post, see you all in July.

Goblin Wizard
06-06-2012, 11:29 AM
AoV was cancelled. It's official. No reason to ask every month.

GreyViper
06-10-2012, 04:57 AM
What! When did that happen?:confused:

Goblin Wizard
06-11-2012, 12:12 PM
I assume the moment when the 1C said that will not give money to finish the game. It was not announced fully officially but I've got this info from one of the devs so it looks like true for me.

Trucidation
06-13-2012, 03:11 PM
It got cancelled?! MFW (http://www.myfacewhen.com/232/).

Ugh. The only vaguely scifi-ish game on the horizon is an XCom remake, but even if it rocks, it's no space sim.

Here's where I grumble under my breath that they should've finished the story scripts before working on polishing the engine >__> Well that pretty much kills this place for me. I'll probably be trolling the Torchlight 2 modding forums sometime after it launches (I don't believe in preordering / buying on launch day), but other than that, I dunno. Nice knowing you guys.

I hang out at the Windows 7 forums (http://www.sevenforums.com/) under the same nick, so drop me a message there in the highly unlikely event anyone wants to contact me.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Xanathos
06-19-2012, 11:16 AM
On AoV facebook one of the users find site with some info:

and someone write in response to a question that AoV is cancelled:
"Well no i asked 1C and they sade that its on hold not that its cancelled."

There is glimmer of hope. I really most wait for this game.

tylerdyr
06-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Hm...i saw a lot of times now that Kickstarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/) can be really a opportunity. Maybe that is the way how we can have the genre alive. I love space sim's, especially Privateer type and Star Wolves type but i not really like that 4X types these days. I love Masters of Orion but the new one are far too much customization and too less action.

If some1 has a connection to the Dev's may try to talk about, I think i am not the only one who would like to spend his money to get the games ready and make some more of it :P. Maybe a really good Privateer remake :P.

Lotrek
07-03-2012, 07:56 PM
AoV was cancelled. It's official. No reason to ask every month.

Hello July!

With all due respect Goblin Wizard, as long as they have an open forum and a thread stating it is in development, i feel the need to point out that they need to give us some firm confirmation.

I agree with tylerdyr. Kickstarter is a wonderful program and they are fools not to take advantage of it. I, for one, would donate with the promise of a discount on purchase.

Cheers, see you in August!

Donziboy2
07-11-2012, 05:27 PM
TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!
:cry::cry::cry:

Lotrek
08-02-2012, 06:02 PM
Happy August all!

bstefaner
08-03-2012, 05:45 AM
Hello Lotrek,

I was already missing your posting

regards

Xanathos
08-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Please release this game, i wait for AoV better than for Diablo 3.

kokain_jtp
08-06-2012, 06:29 PM
More than one hundred years have past since the human expansion in space SW AoV was finally released... The game was made by InoCo and published By Triada... All true gamers from known space are now playing it... We have to wait for q4 2240 AD....;)

Antixus
08-28-2012, 02:30 PM
When preorder will be in Cenega i buy instant :) Thx for continuation

Lotrek
09-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Hello Lotrek,

I was already missing your posting

regards

Lol well at least someone still reads this forum.

Hello September AKA last month of q3 2012. Perhaps Q4 will have some info.

Cya all then.

kokain_jtp
09-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Lol well at least someone still reads this forum.

Hello September AKA last month of q3 2012. Perhaps Q4 will have some info.

Cya all then.

A lot of people read this forum.... But just a few answer...

Hal2003
09-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Game was cancelled. If you look to at www to games the AOV disappeared from there.

kokain_jtp
09-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Oh... This is nice ... i am waiting for it from 2010 and now they cancelled it ... :!::sad::x:x:x:x:x:x:cry::-|:shock::shock: I wont buy 1c games anymore... and i will upload all 1c games that i have bought.....

Michael_Moon
09-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Oh... This is nice ... i am waiting for it from 2010 and now they cancelled it ... :!::sad::x:x:x:x:x:x:cry::-|:shock::shock: I wont buy 1c games anymore... and i will upload all 1c games that i have bought.....
Wait for Retrospection then. :) It is just an addon, of course, but is going to be no less interesting than Civil War. I hope Wizard Goblin will make his best with localization :)

kokain_jtp
09-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Wait for Retrospection then. :) It is just an addon, of course, but is going to be no less interesting than Civil War. I hope Wizard Goblin will make his best with localization :)

I am sure that will be interesting but you know i wanted to play AoV.

Michael_Moon
09-04-2012, 07:23 PM
I am sure that will be interesting but you know i wanted to play AoV.
You cannot imagine how many people have been waiting for this game. But we have what we have for now. :)

Zekito
09-04-2012, 08:04 PM
You cannot imagine how many people have been waiting for this game. But we have what we have for now. :)

Hey MM, have u guys done something new for Retrospection:grin:?

That is one of my awaiting releases:)

Michael_Moon
09-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Hey MM, have u guys done something new for Retrospection:grin:?

That is one of my awaiting releases:)
4 additional sideways-missions and I'm still working on the continuation of the storyline. Unfortunately not enough time to work on the project as much as I can.
Also some new changes in balance, perks and graphics.

Xanathos
09-10-2012, 05:16 PM
I hate that, why alwasy games with huge potential ends like this. Ashes of Victory, game that i awaited from long time is cancelled. It's riddiculous. I hope elite games find another distributor and renew work with this game.

Lotrek
10-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Hello all!

Yes I get that everyone considers this game as cancelled but until either one of two things happen, you'll be seeing me.

1) An offical anouncement is made from the developers.

2) This forum is taken down since it makes no sense to keep it up if there is zero hope of rekindling the game.

So until either of those happen, I'll be seeing you in a month.

Cheers.

Goblin Wizard
10-01-2012, 07:31 PM
2) This forum is taken down since it makes no sense to keep it up if there is zero hope of rekindling the game.
I think this forum won't be taken down for a long time because of SW 1, 2 and 3.
Official statement? You'll need a LOT of patience;). See you next month.

Lotrek
11-01-2012, 10:49 AM
You make a solid point GW. I will rewrite that from "this forum" to "this thread". In that respect, my comments are valid. So devs, c'mon kickstart this game or put it down for good.

Cya in Dec.

Star Doom
11-04-2012, 04:22 PM
But after a few ansers they dont answer why?I mean im waiting this game since i finished civil war!
(Mosly i want your space base,your faction somting like the templars and somting more i mean frigates battleships your!In the sistem your base is!):evil:

kirolord
11-10-2012, 06:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDZRYKgzg6s&feature=related ... someone translated to me and it says something about second quarter of 2013 ... so lets hope they do release it....i cant wait to play it ...have fun and hope . :)

GamerTrash
11-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Could someone explain this to me?
http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/starwolves3ashesofvictory/previews.html
Is it really canceled? If so, could some one that speak russian send a message top 1c and Elite Games asking why.. :(

Zoltan
12-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Could someone explain this to me?
http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/starwolves3ashesofvictory/previews.html
Is it really canceled? If so, could some one that speak russian send a message top 1c and Elite Games asking why.. :(
Yes, this is an old preview. Unfortunately from what I've heard, it's the usual reason games in development get shelved...money issues :(. Hopefully it will be revived and put out at some point in the not *too* distant future....

Lotrek
12-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Well hello there last month of q4 2012!

Been feeling nostolagic and played SW1&2, good times. Waiting for retospection for SW3 to be released before diving into the civil war again.

Just a friendly poke to the moderator of this thread that it's still active with a community of folks who are holding out on some sort of word.

Cya in 2013
ME

Lotrek
01-03-2013, 01:23 AM
Happy Q1 2013!

First off - the friendly poke: POKE

Secondly, I want to thank the forum moderator who had deleted the spam posting on the forums. Nothing screams dead forum more than seeing that crap. So, thank you.

Cya in Feb.

Zoltan
01-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Yes, seconded. I actually reported a lot of it...it was getting out of control. Definitely keeping the faith here that some kind of news might be trickling out about the retro as well...

Marodeur
01-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Hello folks.

Play SW 1 and 3 at the moment and download the mod package for SW 3. Thx for that. Never finished SW 2 because of the bugs. Dont know if they are gone at last or there are fixes. Last time i tried SW2 in Steam it didnt launch at all. ^^

Want to say i am sad as everyone here that part 4 of this game was canceled. This game series was very unique and i had lots of fun with it.

Now i try to edit the random.script files of SW 1 so this missions have more spawning groups to add some action. ;)

Greetings

Bany
01-21-2013, 08:45 AM
Hello folks.

Play SW 1 and 3 at the moment and download the mod package for SW 3. Thx for that. Never finished SW 2 because of the bugs. Dont know if they are gone at last or there are fixes. Last time i tried SW2 in Steam it didnt launch at all. ^^

Want to say i am sad as everyone here that part 4 of this game was canceled. This game series was very unique and i had lots of fun with it.

Now i try to edit the random.script files of SW 1 so this missions have more spawning groups to add some action. ;)

Greetings

Hej m8. Glad ther is somone still having fun about SW.

Regads

Lotrek
02-02-2013, 12:25 AM
Woot Feb!

Still no reply from a Dev. but what else is new.

Keeping the faith for 1 year now.

Cya'll in March

Zoltan
02-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Woot Feb!

Still no reply from a Dev. but what else is new.

Keeping the faith for 1 year now.

Cya'll in March
Hey bud. Yep, just droppin in to see what's a shakin. Keepin fingers crossed as usual...

splash43
02-21-2013, 08:12 PM
Hey bud. Yep, just droppin in to see what's a shakin. Keepin fingers crossed as usual...

Well I am still hoping for star wolves 3, have been a fan of the series for years and still am waiting for it. Do you think they plan to make it or is it one of those games that just will never happen?

Lotrek
03-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Well splash, I've been pestering the devs for over a year with no response. Word on the street is it's been cancelled but no official word as yet.

Who knows, maybe one day they will either reply or at least delete this thread.

Till then, cya in April folks.

Rachiou
03-19-2013, 10:43 PM
Well splash, I've been pestering the devs for over a year with no response. Word on the street is it's been cancelled but no official word as yet.

Who knows, maybe one day they will either reply or at least delete this thread.

Till then, cya in April folks.

Nope there is no hope and they prob give up due to the up coming games that are being made (any game in this year)

Ruinous
03-24-2013, 06:34 PM
I'd love to see a kickstarter for this, surely there are enough fans out there to justify giving it a go?

Lotrek
04-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Hello April!

Kickstarter has been tossed around as an idea for awhile now but no word on that so far.

Cya

Psilon
04-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Just to add, another vote for kickstarter.

Lotrek
05-01-2013, 10:09 PM
May I say hello! :)

Just me poking a stick at the corpse.

Cya in Jun.

Lotrek
06-05-2013, 06:50 PM
June already wow where does the time go!

Hello moderator of this forum. Pronounce it dead or toss us a line.

I'll stand in line for another year if need be.

Lotrek
07-02-2013, 02:05 PM
OMG July already!

My torch is flickering out, somebody give me some hope already. I suspect that August's check in will be the next post however :(

Cya then

kolomans
07-16-2013, 08:55 AM
1. General Store with all motherships, the option to paint the base, the ability to design on the base
2. Big battles of such as berserks, aliens, pirates ...
3. Give a shop with unique fighters such as yacht of the first part, fighters Templar (probably stolen)
4. Having two bases and four fighters or three corvettes one base and two ships
5. Missions are activated when you are in the sector. Between the main missions Make the smaller missions.
6. Large variety of characters in the game. Characters appearing in the previous parts
I also have a couple of ideas to new things in the game.
- Turret for weapons, but instead of weapons is any missile launcher from the game, installed only when docking, changes missiles also
-mothership can release the two base of the gun'' on one side'' (star wolves 3) or mentioned earlier launcher, they can not be taken away. Cost of one base 10 000.
-Mothership may also release six bombs, to the igniter manual or timed.

I have two requests for you

1) Remember the history of certain sectors. Eridan in three parts was well presented, but Llanovar (with one part) is a place free of all corporations, an is a place where there is Star Hammer.

2)Make a program to'' design a'' motherships, ship and corvettes

I think ye shall receive my post into consideration. I am from Polish and do not know if have written everything correctly

mazengd
07-16-2013, 10:17 AM
this game is just awesome and addictive and i like the music very very much specially sw1, the story is beautiful , if given some time i bet the story can be more and more beautiful and u can make sw4 . 5 6 7 and i'll be glad to play them all, but please bring the old characters back and keep the series always connected somehow, like x-men movie or you could dedicate a version of the game for corsair's life say, like wolverine .. man i'm willing to play this game forever :grin: , please develop it more, and i bet it will sell , just need some advertising, i just wanna suggest adding to the game a free play feature, and building stations to earn money and expand ur fleets and plz make the missile boat less stupid fix it, i dont want corsair to nuke my staff ;p hehehe, like x-universe series and u will be awesom! good luck ! and u really did a gr8 job with this game

kolomans
07-16-2013, 05:06 PM
Greetings,
i am new on this forum, but i wish share below my hopes and ideas about Ashes of Victory:

Playing that game was fun and fascinated, but next games reapeat same things. Civil War bring few fresh things, like start from early beginning, acquiring new motherships, fighters, quests, crew with new and nice avatars.

1) More freedom of action for player, such as being a member of the faction, become a outlaw pirate, military or free adventurer depending on the scenario decisions taken in the game.
2) Possibility to creation something like own fraction. Through gather sum of founds to buy/create (or conquer) own space station, naming organisation, hiring random members and buying more ships, including trading ships and battleships and ordering jobs, quest from npc (example destroy group of pirates, convoy transport). Gathering found from building mines on asteroids.
3) Increasing amount of mothership. Huge amount of buyable motherships and battleships and another types like corvettes and transporters. I think not one players dream about piloting Stalingrad Battleship adaptet as mothership, or flying Butcher corvette or Stone Arrow Cruiser.
4) Ability to create the own fleet. For example: player controls Lion mothership with 6 crew members and designate five others members with fighters to pilot Astarte mothership and another to piloting Arba Heavy Transporter. Player can also manage modules and weapon all three ships as its main mothership. This option of create player small fleet, that will be helping with hardest game moments.
5) Huge amount of NPC crew member that player can hired. In previous game player can only travel with few same crews. Also good idea will be option to hire special crew members that are specialist of piloting only huge ships (like Brina and K.T.), as eventuality of upgreaded AI firmware.
6) Types of mothership with increased capacity, that will be able carry more fighters.
7) Random quest generator.
8) Increase number of game localizations (not only russian and english)

I knew that part of my vision above about new Star Wolves is a little radical :P but i hope, that with help of large group of fans, Star Wolves 3: Ashes of Victory will become most epic space strategy/rpg game.

All well summarized, but I would have added even shop with unique fighters, such as yacht (1 part) Gunlisher T, Trident T Raptor T Hrimturs T. ..
Still dreaming of an asteroid that could be a base and have a rotating turret, like in the bases. http://games.gamepressure.com/view_screen.asp?ID=193625 http://games.gamepressure.com/view_screen.asp?ID=193628

kolomans
07-16-2013, 05:10 PM
I have a question, you know if it will work on windows xp?

kokain_jtp
07-17-2013, 09:13 PM
I have a question, you know if it will work on windows xp?

Ok... you see the thing is that the game should have been launched a long time ago , more than two years (Q4 2010)... we still don't have it, and it disappeared from the list with games that were and will be launched by 1C.So we don't know if we will ever see this game launched, no response from the mods or anything....

And I'm almost sure that it will run on Windows XP....

MaliceSW
07-19-2013, 10:54 AM
I've been waiting with baited breath for the new installment of Star Wolves for years. I truly think these games have more potential than most and was very much looking forward to the new one being the crowning glory of the series. I got sick of waiting so I came looking and found this thread with people saying the project may be dead and it's over 2 years late.

Please say it isn't so 1c, mods, devs, anyone? I don't think I am alone when I say: Either close off this thread and crush the hopes and dreams of thousands, or throw us a bone! Even if it's only to say that it is not dead yet but you have no other information to give - that, even that would keep hope alive. Please!!!

Lotrek
08-02-2013, 12:15 AM
Whoah I guess My July prediction was way off base. Still, here it's August and no word from the devs or a forum mod.

Good to see some people in here, cya all in Sept.

Simbal
08-03-2013, 03:22 AM
Goddamn shame, the series had that much potential...

hopefully someday Elite Games Team or 1C Company continues work on the series:-)

well... atleast modding is interesting.

Zoltan
08-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Goddamn shame, the series had that much potential...

hopefully someday Elite Games Team or 1C Company continues work on the series:-)

well... atleast modding is interesting.

Yeah, sure is a shame. One of the best space sims I've had the pleasure to play. Also hopin' somebody with talent, picks it up and gives it the developement it deserves...

kolomans
08-26-2013, 08:35 AM
If there was a program to create their own fighters and bases...

MaverickJO
08-26-2013, 01:12 PM
What a shame that we'll probably never see this series carried out... I had so much fun playing the star wolves series for such a long time, I was like 10 years old when star wolves 1 came out and I played it over 30 times over the years and never got bored of it. Such a good game.

Goblin Wizard
08-26-2013, 08:48 PM
If there was a program to create their own fighters and bases...

It's actually quite easy but needs a lot of tedious work. All you need is 3D Studio with export plugin.

kolomans
08-28-2013, 05:08 PM
I mean the two programs. First to create individual elements (motors, etc.) and the other designed to connect the elements in a single vessel.

kolomans
08-29-2013, 12:58 PM
If there were such programs would be a lot of new fighter aircraft, ship databases, corvettes ...
People would send in projects that only need to restrict the giving of light guns, heavy missiles and systems
I could make mistakes in writing because I know little English

kokain_jtp
09-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Lotrek (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/member.php?u=44704) , you're late...Its September.

Edit: 2 years on this forum, drinks are on me:-D:mrgreen: http://i.imgur.com/pRqVRTm.png

Simbal
09-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Lotrek (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/member.php?u=44704) , you're late...Its September.

Edit: 2 years on this forum, drinks are on me:-D:mrgreen: http://i.imgur.com/pRqVRTm.png

fantastic, Drinks 4 free :grin:

Lotrek
09-05-2013, 08:57 PM
@kokain_jtp <3

Yes it is September and seeing how I've let some days slip before checking in I guess I am losing heart. The gaming industry has moved away from space sim games though there are some nice independent publishers that still offer some. I am looking for to the new X game but there is something about the Star Wolves series that holds a place in my heart.

I hope that one month I log in and see that Goblin Wizard finally gets with Michael Moon and finishes that Retrospection conversion from SW2 to SW3. At this point it's about the best I think we can hope for.

See you in October my friends, I will keep the fires lit.

Rastix
09-09-2013, 12:46 PM
For publisher the game was freezed long ago.
For devs the game was cancelled at all.
Team was disbanded nearly year and a half ago.

Already shown, but my favorite game screenshots:

http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/album_pic.php?pic_id=21046
http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/album_pic.php?pic_id=21047
http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/album_pic.php?pic_id=21639
http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/album_pic.php?pic_id=21652
http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/album_pic.php?pic_id=22128

Simbal
09-09-2013, 03:41 PM
For publisher the game was freezed long ago.
For devs the game was cancelled at all.
Team was disbanded nearly year and a half ago.

Already shown, but my favorite game screenshots:

http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/album_pic.php?pic_id=21046
http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/album_pic.php?pic_id=21047
http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/album_pic.php?pic_id=21639
http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/album_pic.php?pic_id=21652
http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/album_pic.php?pic_id=22128

the screenshots are awesome, but why they cancelled the game?.

kolomans
09-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Screenshots awesowe, right. But where is turrets photo 1 and 2?

kokain_jtp
09-10-2013, 09:16 AM
A rumor says:

"Rumor has it that in the play space Mother Russia at the end of this year will be a miracle and open space brethren gamers meridians. I mean, in the fourth quarter, if all goes smoothly and well, will be pulled out from under the cloth, and completed yet presented to the public a long-awaited Star Wolves 3: Ashes of Victory. Release, which was delayed for two years, has the potential to place in it. Of course, we believe, wait and hope. "

This is google translation ,sorry.
Source:http://mir-game.com/blog/384.html