PDA

View Full Version : The bug

Worbah
05-05-2010, 06:14 AM
After browsing the forum a bit, I've noticed others complaining about it. The odd thing is that it only started happening to me on my second playthrough. I don't mind bugs in my games, but now the mapmode causes a CTD every time. The whole "BMP read only"-thing didn't help. I really do believe that this is the biggest issue to tackle.

The weird thing is, as i mentioned, that I had no problems at first. Played a character for some 30 hours, then I got 10 hours in on my second character when it crashed. Then I reinstalled with The B.F.X. Mod (Which I'm really excited about.), but this time the bug kicked in after a few hours.

The community for both 7.62 and Brigade E5 are great. The way PC gamers fix games has been a source of amazement for quite some time.

0a.Archangel.a0
05-05-2010, 07:57 AM
Well there is just one nonconformity about 1c games and thats a lower support for non Russian localisations. to me it doesnt really matter as I can speak Russian/Ukrainian (cant really distinguish one from the another though :-P) thats why the gamers comunity is more friendly as we neeed every piece of ideas from other gamers to improve things which are cared about.

The settup of the files to read only is enough. I had similar problem when I set up the complete folder to Read only, but thanks to R@S, who explained how idiotic that was I understood its not the right thing to do.

During modding I found that the CTD's are closely linked to the spammed virtual memmory. When calling for an actor I had noticed returned values from previous calls - looked stupid, cant really understand how an exact command can call for a different response. After few times of repeated failure I think its from spamming the virtual memmory and afterwards the calls simply mistake (idiotic explanation, but I am not very interested in solving this issue as its not very often at my side during gameplay) and divert during search for response call.

In summary, you should not have CTDs if yous et up the read only in the correct way and restart the game at some point. Most commonly said is to restart it every 2hours.

Personaly all my CTDs and blackscreens and menus were from corrupted files from the BMP folder so I simply backed up that thing and in case something f....ups I simply overwrote it and it went OK again cuz I didnt want to reinstall all the time.

This buggs once you overflow the game at some point, mostly after good grenade fight or 40m grenade spam. I you get the grenade in wrong place the reaction from other items around it return a false call and bug the game.
(mostly from should be breakables:windows, lights, etc.) Next also if you kill someone at stupid place and you noticed his body disappeared-went under textures orr its visual identifier got stucked behind or in something(the body was lying in front of you but its identifiers for visual identification are like in the wall, within couch and etc.-you can imagine that this screws thing quite enough). There are also other things that I found to call for a cross-comands and mirrors but still this game has unique playability which makes up to this bugs.

Remember set the files to read only-only the TGA files!!, restart the game based on size of your virtual memmory. I have 3Gbs and restart within two hours but I ussualy dont paly continuosly, like 1and1/2 of hour E6 then a few matches of COH or arena in wow and again E6, This keeps my game w/o problems and I didnt have a one problem since I done things this way. Except when I mod it, I get sucking report more often :-P.

Hope I helped at least a bit.

Cau

Worbah
05-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Your post was very helpful. I reinstalled and backed up the BMP folder. So far so good. :)