PDA

View Full Version : Daft Willy singing

linhphap
05-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Hi,
after picking up the gold bullion in the gold convoy ambush mission, I speak to Daft Willy. But he never answers the only question available ("why are you singing about gold ?") Dialog box shuts and send me back to game. Seems a bug to me, but maybe I missed something ? :confused:
Thanks for a hint.

0a.Archangel.a0
05-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Hi man,

just one question,

After picking up the gold bulion at the ambush point(bushwacked-bushwackers) have you spoken to Big Bob? He sends you to this guy I think.

cus

linhphap
05-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Thanks for your help!
Yes I've spoken to Wee Bob, but the only option is to kill him ("I promised not to speak!")
When I pick up the bullion, I get this entry in the log : ... I should have a chat with Daft Willy in Campecinos ... but it doesn't work.
When I shoot Wee bob, i get "what was Wee Bob doing here ? ..." so I try to check with the Boblings, whitout any success...
The first time I fought the battle, I couldn't pick up the bullion (red background, "cannot take item" message). so I reloaded and sent a runner to pick it up before the end of the battle and it worked. Then, when all Jingoes are dead, I get this entry : "I should find a clue..." though I already have it. Is it possible that doing things in reverse order doesn't trigger the right event ?

0a.Archangel.a0
05-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Yes you turned the event trigers in wrong order.

You should:

Enter zone(bushwacked bushwackers)
Kill everybody-afterthat, wee bob appears on the map, no option wiht him, except killing him (i allways wondered if a certain uniform or a smaller team would make him react otherwise but never found a change)
Wee Bob is dead - you made a mistake here because the red around bulion means that the item is on the ground but you must pick it up manualy, not through the window of items on the ground. Press and hold 'ALT' (i think) it will highlight RED all items on the ground if your already palced all things in the truck you should see only one red item on the ground and thats the bulion, ussualy close to where weebob was spawned (important, the needed bulion is on the ground, not on wee bob, you can trade the wee bobs bulion for money).
Press and hold 'CTRL' and mouseover the bulion on the ground to pick it up, you will get a new entry afterwards in the log which will send you to the campecino?(not sure of its name, in the secure zone the western town at the bottom) and talk to Daft willy (not sure about his name either, its the guy behind the bar there). and he will send you to BIG BOB(secret harbour) and that guy will tell you where the jingoes are and woala the q is complete, now jsut talk to the questgiver and youa re fine to go.

linhphap
05-05-2010, 08:22 PM
He's still singing...
First, thank you for the 'CTRL' trick. I thought the red background in the inventory had to do with battle damage, because it first happened to me after the arms convoy mission, and I had been rather grenade heavy on this one. so I reloaded to pick the HK gun by hand before the end of the firefight, never figuring it would work just the same after the battle!
But, back to bushwacker's zone, I did everything in the right order this time, then went to campecino, and got the same scene : nothing happens when I ask Daft Willy "why are you singing about gold" (the only choice in the box). No answer, back to normal screen. And no way to complete the quest.

0a.Archangel.a0
05-10-2010, 09:55 AM
NP, glad to help.

Do you have an entry in your log to go and ask Daft willy about the gold bulion?

You must take the bulion by hand from the ground in order for the log to update itself.

Remember there are two gold bulions in that map: One is on Wee Bob and the other is on the ground. Have you picked up both?

The Quest critical bulion must then appear in your Quest items pack of your character.

R@S
05-13-2010, 11:23 AM
If you can't find any other solution, go to the Secret Harbor and kill Big Bob, that should trigger the "Goal Reached" and Billy-Bob should give you the reward.

linhphap
05-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Thanks for your help. I forgot the moto : il they don't speak, shoot them! After shooting Daft Willy, you're being advised to go and see Big Bob. The first time I tried to shoot Daft Willy, the police started to shoot at me so I figured it wasn't the right way to handle the quest. But in fact I just went hostile with the government, that's why they opened fire (I was wearing army uniforms to enter the town).
By the way, I started a new game with another merc. this time, the gold bullion disappeared during combat, and after the battle it was nowhere to be found. It only appeared in the inventory, but not on the ground. So I re-fought the battle, saving only when it was still in sight (pressing CTRL key). After tossing a defensive grenade in the vicinity, it eventualy disappeared again, being blown up or so? But I think it's not an issue, you still have the message about Daft Willy in the info tab from inventory. (Just shoot him if he keeps on singing, lol!)