PDA

View Full Version : to high fps

Daggett
05-01-2010, 08:55 PM
i have about 500 fps ingame @ normal speed and thats way to mouch...my videocard is 3 years old, and i wont risk any dmg becouse the game have to mouch fps...with 500 fp/s i wont play the game on this system...playd it @ my laptop but with 30 fps...for some reason i smelld no fps max settings...

so it would be nice if someone know the "max_fps" command for this game
want to set it @ fps_max 200

may i ask why the developers didnt set a max_fps? kill the better cards lol

my system:
cpu: core 2 quad 9450
videocard: en8800gtx
i have the newest drivers, bios, directx ect.

ps:
and if u try go @ technical issues (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=150) you linkt to the game The Tomorrow War somehow...

ChaosDMNS
01-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Your not going to blow your card just because your gfx card is able to get a high fps. And the 8800 GT isn't an old card. :rolleyes:

Yes it's not new. But it's still a powerfull card. It's infact the only card in the 8 series that isn't really an 8 series card. It's tech is series 9. The 9800 GT and the 8800 GT is basically the same card. (more or less...) :lol:

If you still want to lower your fps then just search for D3D Overrider and force vsync and Tripple buffering.

That will keep your fps bellow your screen refreshrate.
That would be 60 for all lcd screeens. It is possible to set higher on some lcd's. My monitor can do both 60 and 75. It doesn't really go above 60, as LCD's don't "Refresh" the screen. Refreshrates on LCD's are there only for backwards compatibility. :cool:

But it does affect vsync. So if you really feel like having 75fps instead of 60fps. then setting your refreshrate to 75 (or higher) will increase the vsync cap.

But really. Do you really need more than 60fps? it's not like your eyes is able to see faster then... what is is?.. hmm. 25 or 30fps... something close to that. ;)

k1net1cs
01-08-2011, 09:51 PM
@Daggett
You can actually set v-sync on via the game's configuration file.
If you have Star Wolves 3 on Steam, then look for a Main.ini file under C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\star wolves 3 civil war\.

Open Main.ini with Notepad.
Look for a line with the text [GRAPH].
Now look for line with the text SyncVRefresh under [GRAPH]; may be placed several lines after it.
If you can't find it, then add SyncVRefresh = 1.
Otherwise, change the value from 0 to 1.

This 'trick' also applies to earlier Star Wolves games.

There's also a method to force wide screen resolution in Star Wolves 1 & 2 by manually configuring default.cfg (when no profiles are created yet) and/or [ProfileName].cfg inside the \Profiles\[ProfileName]\ folder (when you already have a profile / play the game).

HTH.

Codeguru
01-13-2011, 09:03 PM
I have personally gotten 3500 fps playing Quake 1 on my 8800 GTS 640mb. The only reason your card would give out because of a game is if you taxed it way too heavily like running a program than had all settings to the max and you were still only getting like 5-10 fps, and even then I'm fairly sure it wouldn't be that detrimental to most cards, but some of them can run very hot when you do that and over time it could put wear and tear on it. Most of the time your PSU not being well made is what will destroy your video card. If you are getting 500 fps, that means it's probably running at a slow and steady pace like the factory settings want it to. It's like if someone can do 300 sit-ups, they aren't going to stand up and explode, they will more than likely stand up and go about their business only slightly tired as compared to some lazy fat guy who can only do 30 and then die of exhaustion...

Codeguru