PDA

View Full Version : How to make a mod.

kingelvis
05-01-2010, 05:11 PM
PLZ some one tell me that how to make a mod.and play some one's created mod.i hav so much time so plz tell me how to make a mod.

[SOE]No.Mam
05-01-2010, 08:46 PM
use >>> DMS-Forum (http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/index.php) <<< for questions about modding MoW.

kingelvis
05-02-2010, 05:36 PM
plz tell me a better and easier way

SpeedWolf
05-03-2010, 10:01 PM
plz tell me a better and easier way

you're joking right?

is hard to make a mod specially if you don't know nothing about the gem-editor.

if you want to make a mod take the time to read and learn how to use the editor.

no one can give you all the information in one post or in one day that is just unrealistic.

kingelvis
05-04-2010, 06:30 AM
i m not that much fool that i dont know what is GEM editor but after creating maps in it (i created 1)how to put objectives,talks,etc.and how to put enemies charging towards us frm a different side.

kingelvis
05-04-2010, 01:45 PM
and how to turn cr8ed MAPS INTO MODS.

SpeedWolf
05-04-2010, 09:52 PM
i am having a hard time understanding your question.

but anyway this can help you more on how to use the editor.
Editor Hot-Key (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=13652)

kingelvis
05-05-2010, 02:13 AM
i know what is GEM editor man.but i dont know some things in it like putting objectives,talks,etc.and enemy moving here and there.

[SOE]No.Mam
05-05-2010, 07:34 AM

1. create folder ...Men of War\mods\your_mod\
2. create file "mod.info" with following entry and save this file to ...Men of War/mods/your_mod/mod.info

{mod
{name "your_mod"}
{desc "bla... bla ... bla"}

{name "your_mod"} must be the same as y name from modfolder.

3. create folder ...Men of War\mods\your_mod\resource\map\multi\my_map\ and move all files (*.ply, *.net, *.mi ...) from your map into this folder. (for multiplayer maps)

y will dont find any "step-by-step" tutorial, because modding MoW is too complex. but y can change all files from game.
y will find all changeable files in ...Men of War\resource\*.pak or ...Men of War\resource\entity\*.pak
y can open all *.pak or *.pat files with WinRar or WinZip.

verry important: when y want change any file -> copy this file from *.pak file to y mod folder. (never change any file in original *.pak files)

the folderstructure in y mod folder must be the same as in *.pak file.
eg. ...\resource\game.pak -> battle_zone.set in ...\set\multiplayer\games ->
in y mod: ...Men of War\Mods\your_mod\resource\set\multiplayer\games\b attle_zone.set

eg. ...\resource\entity\E1.pak -> ...\-vehicle\cannon\d1 ->
in y mod: ...Men of War\Mods\your_mod\resource\entity\-vehicle\cannon\d1

ps. when y want test/change anything with GEM editor (e.g. maps...) y must 1st activate y mod in gameoptions.

kingelvis
05-15-2010, 05:30 PM
you are awesome thankyou for telling me the hole thing.thankyou thankyou
thankyou.

wtfbollos
10-16-2010, 05:00 PM
No.Mam;157780']1. create folder ...Men of War\mods\your_mod\
2. create file "mod.info" with following entry and save this file to ...Men of War/mods/your_mod/mod.info

{name "your_mod"} must be the same as y name from modfolder.
brilliant, just what i was looking for..thx!

bbbbut, i'm trying to get a mod i started for soliders working on mow, and i've got it installed and it's showing up in the mods and i've enabled it, but it appears on the missions, but at the bottom and greyed out?

so i've gotta play all the other missions before i can play my mod?

:confused:

wtfbollos
10-16-2010, 05:05 PM
also the name came up as a long bit of text that included the location, so i'm thinking i havn't got the naming right, this is to be done in mod.info?

KnightFandragon
10-16-2010, 10:54 PM
You change that big_name/4/mission/ w/e text in like Localization/missions/4/ then just look in the other mission files and im sure you'll figure it out. =D im sure its Localization...if not then idk haha, I was doing this not long ago but I may be off slightly

wtfbollos
10-17-2010, 05:52 PM
who's a good person to ask on this?

i.e. getting a soliders mod to work on mow?

Korsakov829
11-11-2010, 03:53 AM
Was recently in my MoW folder and noticed that my 1.pak, 2.pak, 3.pak, etc were all renamed to .pat after the 1.17.5.1 patch. Also recieve 4.pat and 5.pat. Is this right? I recall them being .pak.