PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic difficulty?

slashCo
04-30-2010, 10:34 PM
Hi everyone, I'm a fairly new player to this game and so far I'm doing pretty well (I've played a lot of HOMM3 so some things were familiar) but I noticed that it's getting a lot harder now. Basically, I finished up the starting continent, just gathering everything, getting experience, treasure etc. Now I'm at the Freedom Islands, and every enemy group I meet is rated "strong", "very strong" or "overpowering". It seems I can't defeat them without losing at least a part of my army each time, and replenishing them can be a pain.

Is this normal, or is it because I took my time to grow before getting here? Or will it get harder from here? Thanks.

Metathron
05-01-2010, 12:59 PM
I would recommend grabbing any freebies there -- and there are lots, especially leadership banners -- going back and defeating (equally strong and higher) enemies in Darion to gain a level or two and then returning to the Isles after which your priority should be getting the maps of the underground from Lucky James to gain access to the next continent. Lather, rinse, repeat...

slashCo
05-01-2010, 05:21 PM
I tried going back to Darion but I'd already cleared pretty much all the monsters there, aside from a few tough ones I had to leave till later (Emenen or whatever his name is, the haunted castle, the wizard's tower, and some big knight stack in Greenwort). My question was, when you enter a new area, does the game look at your stats and army, and change the difficulty of the monsters in that area accordingly? That would explain why everything is "strong" to "overpowering" now, unless the game is just designed to be hard... I'm playing on Normal with a paladin, BTW.

homm3megejas
05-14-2010, 12:46 PM
No, the game do not change, just enemies are stronger on almost each other continent, so you need it more leadership :).