PDA

View Full Version : After plot

skrzacik
04-30-2010, 06:43 PM
Hello

i just finish plot in star wolves 3 and i want ask taht is possible to continue game after very last mission?
becouse after short video game send me to maine menu ?!?!?!

thank u for any help

Nanaki
04-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Not without modding the game.

skrzacik
04-30-2010, 10:54 PM
how to mod game to not finish after last mission?
could u help with thatr?

Nanaki
04-30-2010, 11:36 PM
You would need to edit the quest script, located in the star wolves 3 civil war\Data\Scripts\Quests folder. The mission you have to edit is determined by which missions you selected.

Goblin Wizard
05-01-2010, 10:24 AM
how to mod game to not finish after last mission?
could u help with thatr?

The function you should search for is e.g.
EndGame("NewEmpWithoutGrey_PartWin");
If you can't find out which movie is connected to your ending try to disable all end game functions inside certain quest. You can change "endgame" function to something like
OutputToScreenLog("GAME_OVER", 10);
Now You will know when the game will be ended.

P.S. Nice to see someone from Poland :)

skrzacik
05-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Thank u Golblin Wizard
i will try to do that

yes im from poland :P

raresdan2001
07-05-2010, 08:38 AM
Could anyone tell me what do i have to mod for MSF path, so i can continue playing ??

Dumorimasoddaa
08-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Has any done this for all the quests? Also is there an easy way to globally apply this. Sure I can open up all the scripts and search for endgame. Also who do you output a custom log file such as one saying game over and maybe the movie name.

If not I'll get around to making the change for each and every script but right now just the Gray after the empire missions.

I use to mod Star wolves one and two. On a complete aside is there a way to make one store always stock X of an item likely so I can stock 10 of each gun and fighter ect and have it maintain that stock on a restock? Just so I can mess around endgame wise or on a new game.

Goblin Wizard
08-25-2010, 08:11 AM
I've been thinking about it but it's not much to do after the last quest. No side quest or any challenge so it's imo pointless. This game really needs random quest generator.

Dumorimasoddaa
08-25-2010, 05:50 PM
True but the random quest code from SW2 is still in the game just unused. IF we can live with it giving you missions in offlimit sectors. We might be able to patch it in. Though we may need to copy across some SW2 files and maybe lose the new section. The big issue is weather those scripts where to cause of SW2's uberbuggyness as well.

Donziboy2
12-16-2010, 12:43 PM
What exactly do you do to keep the game from droping you to the Main Menu?

Ive tried deleting some of the endgame script and it doesnt seem to affect anything. It would be nice if they labeled things a little better........

Is there a specific script that tells it to send you to Main Menu?

Its really lame the way the game works, you finaly get a full team and you get locked into the damn plot.

Goblin Wizard
12-16-2010, 04:09 PM
What exactly do you do to keep the game from droping you to the Main Menu?

Ive tried deleting some of the endgame script and it doesnt seem to affect anything.
Disabling "EndGame" function should at least remove end game movie. To be sure try to load a game before you entered the last sector. Jump through the gate and check again.

Donziboy2
12-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Ive removed the endgame function from 4 different ending scripts now and still no joy.

Either im searching in the wrong set of scripts or this game just hates me.

Im using Moriarty's Quest path map.

Ending is "A Difficult Choice"
You end up in New Koyoto, either attack ftu or attack sam or attack sam and Alex dies.

Goblin Wizard
12-16-2010, 06:21 PM
I don't have the game installed now but IIRC there are several "EndGame" entries in many different files. Disable all at once. I hope you have any decent file browser which can search through the multiple files content.

Donziboy2
12-16-2010, 08:01 PM
Well thanks anyway.
Im gona give up, its not worth the headaches. I also think there is something else other then the Endgame entries. Maybe something after that says if you have not failed then you are sent back to Main Menu.