PDA

View Full Version : Friday 2010-04-30 Dev. update and Discussion Thread

Oleg Maddox
04-30-2010, 01:23 PM
Yesterday:

1C director Boris Nuraliev and Oleg Maddox demonstrate the Il-2 and
new computer technologies to the president of Russia Dmitry Medvedev.

http://news.kremlin.ru/media/events/photos/big/41d2f663cc00b47079f8.jpeg

Today:

There was some questions about rotating wheels on the ground models. Yes they are rotating, working suspesion (on tanks it is especially a bit simplified for the high FPS, but on cars - completely working in 3D models. However on tanks it is anyway looking like real in most cases)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-WKUpbrzmY

drafting
04-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Wow! Did you ever think when you started all of this that you'd eventually be teaching the president how to play IL2? :grin:

Korn
04-30-2010, 01:33 PM
Hello

Congrats for the meeting with your president. Hopefully he's a better man than ours ;).

Questions regarding map(s):

1. Could you be more specific about the dimension of user-made maps? You said more than once "small", but how small?

2. How big will be the main map (BoB)? How much of GB / France will be represented? Will there be a smaller (maybe 1/2 scale) online version?

3. I hear there's been some talking on SubSim, some guys saying that you have streaming terrain maps (like M$ Flight Simulator, terrain loading as you move over long distances). I don't think this is necesarry for a combat sim, but: do you have this planned (for the future)? Does the engine support this?

Thank you

DJB
04-30-2010, 01:34 PM
:shock::shock::shock: Oh my God...

Marvellous:razz::razz::razz:

Dano
04-30-2010, 01:48 PM
That's just awesome :)

Flanker35M
04-30-2010, 01:51 PM
S!

So Oleg has true connections ;) Have a nice weekend all!

HB252
04-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Hi Oleg and teamwork guys!

Nice work, but i prefer cuold see a PLANE, no a tank.

I know a litte bit about tanks, and i like very very much WW2 planes.

Please, the next time show a plane!! The BF 109 is not see yet!!

A lot of Spits, but 109 no.

Thx

Foo'bar
04-30-2010, 02:00 PM

Thx

Were have you been when he'd shown us pictures of the 109?

Eries
04-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Great picture of Oleg and Medvedev ! Thanks for that.

I think we need a caption contest for that picture. What's Oleg saying to Medvedev?

" I think you can see Sarah Palins house .....its right there !! "

or

" For Christs Sake Dmitry ! Cover your wingman ! "

Thanks for the update , great to see Oleg and Boris get some exposure and appreciation for thier lifes work.

- Eries

tagTaken2
04-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Good to see my Thrustmaster stick making an appearance.

HB252
04-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Hi Foo´bar!

I know that Oleg show BF 109, but not in game like Spit.

In the video of air combat, BF109 it see a few seconds while a Spit it see a lot of seconds.

I say that in video game shows, the Spit is more show that BF109, by example: the video Storm of War: Battle of Britain - First Video show a inside cockpìt view from Spit, I like, before a tanks show, other about a Bf 109.

Ikarus
04-30-2010, 02:06 PM

Thx

agree and i wary about that......

mazex
04-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Really nice - congrats Oleg!

I hope the president didn't whine that he could not get his hands on SoW instead of IL2? ;)

/Mazex

PeterPanPan
04-30-2010, 02:27 PM
The guy on Oleg's right is really getting into it ... look, he's actually trying to fly!!

Well done Oleg and team. This must be a real boost for you guys.

PPanPan

Viikate
04-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Oleg, IL-2 & Medvedev in news ;)
http://www.1tv.ru/news/other/153305

JtD
04-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Now that's cool, the president playing il-2. :)

Guess that's a picture for the office.
--
Nice ground vehicles!

AdMan
04-30-2010, 02:47 PM
I wish our leaders were smart enough to operate joysticks

also, cool tank bro!

Foo'bar
04-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Hi Foo´bar!

I know that Oleg show BF 109, but not in game like Spit.

In the video of air combat, BF109 it see a few seconds while a Spit it see a lot of seconds.

I say that in video game shows, the Spit is more show that BF109, by example: the video Storm of War: Battle of Britain - First Video show a inside cockpìt view from Spit, I like, before a tanks show, other about a Bf 109.

okay, misunderstanding. Peace!

:)

Insuber
04-30-2010, 02:53 PM
I wish our leaders were smart enough to operate joysticks

also, cool tank bro!

Our president preferes rather than someone else operates his joystick ... :D

Il2Pongo
04-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Oleg - "Notice that we got the bridge the exact shade of chartreuse that it was painted in May 1940 before it was painted grey in January 1941.

President- "I was very concerned about that, it came up in cabinet last week"

Necrobaron
04-30-2010, 03:06 PM
Our president preferes rather than someone else operates his joystick ... :D

:lol::lol::lol:
________
IOLITE VAPORIZOR (http://vaporizer.org/reviews)

Ernst
04-30-2010, 03:22 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Are you talking about yours ex-president. Bill Clinton! Monica Levinski operates his jOy.

Flyby
04-30-2010, 03:41 PM
Dear President Medvedev,
Did you by chance ask Oleg when he would be releasing SoW? I figure you may have some pull. Maybe as PM Putin to chime in?
thanks!
Flyby out

Novotny
04-30-2010, 03:48 PM
There's a video on the Russian news site posted earlier showing Oleg speaking with the president. Could anyone translate that part of it?

Qpassa
04-30-2010, 03:53 PM
wow

335th_GRSwaty
04-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Thanks and congrats Oleg!!

speculum jockey
04-30-2010, 03:57 PM
You can't tell from the picture, but Putin is the one who is really flying.

http://i41.tinypic.com/316w02w.jpg

Avimimus
04-30-2010, 04:01 PM
It is very nice to see Maddox getting some government attention. Il-2 Sturmovik played a very important role in increasing knowledge and interest about the GPW in the west (which was fairly dismal before). So, it has played a very important role in supporting historical publications and acting as a cultural ambassador.

Now the video question: Do the treads come off? ;)

Xilon_x
04-30-2010, 04:01 PM
I think that the Russian president already has 'long been a passionate old IL-2 then surely we will play'.
I wonder if President Obama played himself in the-2.
Or imagine the Prince of England surely he will 'its personal computer knows if he plays in IL-2.
Berlusconi did not think it is a passionate of the IL-2 -Berlusconi always thinks the beautiful women hahahahahha.

Avimimus
04-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Unfortunately Berlusconi will find that the U-2 pilots change gender as soon as they leave the planes...

Oleg - "Notice that we got the bridge the exact shade of chartreuse that it was painted in May 1940 before it was painted grey in January 1941.

President- "I was very concerned about that, it came up in cabinet last week"

:D :D So very funny! :D :D

Oleg should get a knighthood from the Queen once SoW BoB is done...

constant
04-30-2010, 04:15 PM
I think that the Russian president already has 'long been a passionate old IL-2 then surely we will play'.
I wonder if President Obama played himself in the-2.
Or imagine the Prince of England surely he will 'its personal computer knows if he plays in IL-2.
Berlusconi did not think it is a passionate of the IL-2 -Berlusconi always thinks the beautiful women hahahahahha.

lol the broken english and joke at the end are just too good together bravo++ :lol:

and of course moving tank tracks, yay!

philip.ed
04-30-2010, 04:31 PM
No offence but a pretty boring update IMO. It's great to see this feature modelled, without question, but I'm more interested on the air aspect of things (not including terrain details) ;)

There's always next week though! :D

T_O_A_D
04-30-2010, 04:57 PM
WOW! Oleg

That's some good press, I'm glad for ya!

Now sneak him in online, so he can kick our butts. ;-)

Icewolf
04-30-2010, 05:06 PM
is your president a beta testor?

Perhaps Oleg is saying to the President " there goes Putin ! don't let him get away !!! "

Mysticpuma
04-30-2010, 06:11 PM
Sorry gents, I think it was my question about wheels that prompted the video :(

So, as I appear to be on a roll ;)

Oleg, thanks for the video clip, it's very interesting, currently we have some footage of vehicles moving as-well as grass blowing and also combat with Spitfires and Do-217 (I think they were).

Would it be possible to show an example of explosion effects from dropped ordnance in a future video?

Maybe showing and Axis or Allied aircraft dropping bombs and then showing the explosion effect we can expect to see?

Always appreciating your input on the a Friday, and look forward to only a few more before release (meaning release date is very close???????)

Cheers, MP

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Congrats, Oleg! I guess that's something very special when the President of such a big country takes some time to get some understanding of one's products. And I am glad that it was your product that he chose.

All thumps up! I'd be proud like hell if I had the same chance.

dduff442
04-30-2010, 06:18 PM
It's interesting to speculate how Medvedev views a Russian business that is a global leader in its field and a first rate technological innovator but which enjoys no special state support or tariff protection. 1C seems to invalidate a lot of the policies that favour many large Russian firms but which so outrage many Russian consumers (e.g. people wanting to buy imported Japanese cars). </politics>

dduff442

SlipBall
04-30-2010, 06:23 PM
It's interesting to speculate how Medvedev views a Russian business that is a global leader in its field and a first rate technological innovator but which enjoys no special state support or tariff protection. 1C seems to invalidate a lot of the policies that favour many large Russian firms but which so outrage many Russian consumers (e.g. people wanting to buy imported Japanese cars). </politics>

dduff442

Russia has a program that gives financial aid to game developers who develope games that have historic remembrance value...thanks for the update OM:grin:

baronWastelan
04-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Great picture Oleg! The Kenyan plays golf, while the Russian practices his deflection shots.

philip.ed
04-30-2010, 06:29 PM
Sorry gents, I think it was my question about wheels that prompted the video :(

So, as I appear to be on a roll ;)

Oleg, thanks for the video clip, it's very interesting, currently we have some footage of vehicles moving as-well as grass blowing and also combat with Spitfires and Do-217 (I think they were).

Would it be possible to show an example of explosion effects from dropped ordnance in a future video?

Maybe showing and Axis or Allied aircraft dropping bombs and then showing the explosion effect we can expect to see?

Always appreciating your input on the a Friday, and look forward to only a few more before release (meaning release date is very close???????)

Cheers, MP

Have you watched been watching blitz-street m8? As it sure does give a good idea for how these effects may have looked ;)

Tree_UK
04-30-2010, 06:30 PM
No offence but a pretty boring update IMO. It's great to see this feature modelled, without question, but I'm more interested on the air aspect of things (not including terrain details) ;)

There's always next week though! :D

Careful mate, people have been banned for similar statements! :grin:

Jaws2002
04-30-2010, 06:34 PM
I think we should be very careful when we vulch some new guy in hyperlobby. You wouldn't want to be the first guy that vulched Medvedev and call him a n00b......:o:mrgreen:

Congrats Oleg and 1C. This is great for the company.

Love the little tank too.

For one of the next updates could we please get a look at beautiful clouds and beautiful sky. I got spoiled with Real Environment Extreme for the FSX and i think beautiful sky and clouds make or breaks a simulator. :eek:

Thank you very much for the updates and good news Oleg. Looking forward for next week.:-P

I/ZG52_Gaga
04-30-2010, 06:40 PM
Great Panzer there!!

Very sharp looking !!

Will it get dirty with mad or what have you? (weathering)

Can we drive it and shoot with it eh? :)

lbuchele
04-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Well ,I know something about reading lips, so it´s clear to me in the video of Medvedev´s encounter with Oleg that the president was menacing him with KGB if he didn´t told him the release date of SOW.
Oleg, fearing for his family fate, gave to the powerful leader the secret that so many people around the world wanted to know for so many years:

"TWO WEEKS"

MD_Wild_Weasel
04-30-2010, 07:22 PM
Great Panzer there!!

Very sharp looking !!

Can we drive it and shoot with it eh? :)

+1. It would be an awful shame to waste all that hard work if we cant get inside and raid some poor buggers airfield ;)

Crunchieone
04-30-2010, 07:29 PM
Hey Oleg
Your looking pale,stay healthy Dude!
Models,lighting,everything looks fantastic. :o)

All the best........................C

Romanator21
04-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Good update, it's nice to see that no feature is being overlooked :)

nearmiss
04-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Having the President of your country interested to see your work is a great honor. I don't have a negative thought on the matter.

Good for you, Oleg.

JFA2
04-30-2010, 07:46 PM
I think we should be very careful when we vulch some new guy in hyperlobby. You wouldn't want to be the first guy that vulched Medvedev and call him a n00b......:o:mrgreen:

Be carefull.. laughter extends your sentence..

edit: and thx for the uptade Oleg & co!

philip.ed
04-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Careful mate, people have been banned for similar statements! :grin:

:D haha

People seem more interested in the picture of the president...my money's on the queen having a go next week; what do we recon? :-P

Abbeville-Boy
04-30-2010, 08:46 PM
i would not want to be in oleg's shoes when vladimir putin gets wind of this. kgb and serious problem for 1c. anyway thanks for another tank update :-P

Insuber
04-30-2010, 08:49 PM
The size of the map is subtly shown in one of the first weekly updates ... a map is attached to a board in the middle of field ... it is believed that it represents the main BoB map.

Hello

Congrats for the meeting with your president. Hopefully he's a better man than ours ;).

Questions regarding map(s):

1. Could you be more specific about the dimension of user-made maps? You said more than once "small", but how small?

2. How big will be the main map (BoB)? How much of GB / France will be represented? Will there be a smaller (maybe 1/2 scale) online version?

3. I hear there's been some talking on SubSim, some guys saying that you have streaming terrain maps (like M$ Flight Simulator, terrain loading as you move over long distances). I don't think this is necesarry for a combat sim, but: do you have this planned (for the future)? Does the engine support this?

Thank you

Urufu_Shinjiro
04-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Wow Oleg. It must feel great to meet the president and get the praise you deserve for bringing the Great Patriotic War to the attention of western nations that otherwise would not knwo very much about it. Regardless of ones feelings for a presidents politics it's still an honor to meet them. I wish I could get an english translation of what was said in the video here: http://www.1tv.ru/news/other/153305

Romanator21
04-30-2010, 09:04 PM
The size of the map is subtly shown in one of the first weekly updates ... a map is attached to a board in the middle of field ... it is believed that it represents the main BoB map.

The Stonehenge model, if included, would actually extend the battlefield quite farther west than on that map.

This is my best guess, but maybe there are other clues I missed:

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae325/rboiko1/IL-2%20References/map.jpg

philip.ed
04-30-2010, 09:30 PM
I hope it goes further west than that! And further North. Honestly, BoB2 has a far bigger map than that, and this game is coming up to 5 years of age. Many squadrons that fought in the BoB wouldn't be in the action for some time, judging by the above map (if this is the area) eg 92 squadron in Pebrey (spelling?) although they did later move ;)

Rodolphe
04-30-2010, 10:15 PM

http://users.teledisnet.be/web/mfe39146/Map1.jpg

http://users.teledisnet.be/web/mfe39146/MartelloTower1.jpg

This map is too restrictive with only the North Weald, Hornchurch and East part of Biggin Hill Sectors, not even with Biggin Hill airfield ! :rolleyes:

choctaw111
04-30-2010, 11:03 PM
I really love the appearance of real time shadows.
The movie makers are going to have a ball with how good this stuff looks.

Ernst
04-30-2010, 11:15 PM
And about map scale: 1:1?

Avimimus
04-30-2010, 11:20 PM

Already discredited by Oleg on the day the screenshot was released if I recall correctly...

dflion
04-30-2010, 11:55 PM
Very good public relations Oleg, Dimitry Medvedev looks very absorbed and interested in what you are showing him. Is he a keen aviation enthusiast?
There is no doubt about it, IL2 has graphically shown the flight sim world the history of WWII Russian aviation, then extended this history to most countries involved in the huge conflict. BOB SOW will extend the IL2 WWII aviation history even further. The 'new computer technologies' that you mentioned will give us even better computer/aircraft/ground vehicle dynamics and graphics that will make the flight sim one of Russia's best exports into the future.
DFLion

TheGrunch
05-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Honestly, BoB2 has a far bigger map than that, and this game is coming up to 5 years of age.
It also has some of the most graphically ugly terrain I've ever seen! :)

Necrobaron
05-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Luthier has said that map does NOT represent what is modelled ingame...

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=130400#post130400
________
Ferrari america (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_America)

ECV56_LeChuck
05-01-2010, 12:33 AM
even London isn´t covered in that map...

eddolgov
05-01-2010, 01:40 AM
Wow Oleg. It must feel great to meet the president and get the praise you deserve for bringing the Great Patriotic War to the attention of western nations that otherwise would not knwo very much about it. Regardless of ones feelings for a presidents politics it's still an honor to meet them. I wish I could get an english translation of what was said in the video here: http://www.1tv.ru/news/other/153305

there was told about business support, supporting of innovation technologies in medicine and etc. As for Il-2, president was told that young men while playing such patriotic games come to know about our history. Even many Americans found out through this game that Soviet Union an US were allies during WWII.
Sorry for my English.

kestrel79
05-01-2010, 02:38 AM
Right on edd,

I was always interested in flight sims, warbirds, and jets but it was playing IL2 for the first time in college 7 or so years ago that really ignited my passion. Little is written about the Eastern Front airwar during ww2 in American History classes in highschool.

It was so cool flying the unsung heroe type planes and battlefronts that I never heard of and learning more about them. Thank you Oleg and team for IL2 and what will be Storm of War!

Bearcat
05-01-2010, 06:28 AM
Wow... I bet you never thogught back in 2000 that a decade later you wold be showing your work to the president of your country.. Congrats Oleg!!

Hello

Our president is a decent man.. You may not like his politics.. but he is a decent man.. and you do this nation a disservice by insinuating otherwise.

I really love the appearance of real time shadows.
The movie makers are going to have a ball with how good this stuff looks.

WoP has seriously whetted my appetite for SoW.. I just know tat whern it comes out it will be the definitive WWII flight sim

Insuber
05-01-2010, 08:13 AM

Already discredited by Oleg on the day the screenshot was released if I recall correctly...

Oh well I was wrong then :) ... But the story was too nice however! :D

BTW I asked the same question long ago and Oleg answered somehow, I have to look for it.

Cheers!
Insuber

philip.ed
05-01-2010, 10:40 AM
It also has some of the most graphically ugly terrain I've ever seen! :)

Not any more :D Especially from a higher altitude. Il-2 is better, but I like the fact that you don't get the bad repetition of textures in BoB like Il-2 does ;)

Codex
05-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Oleg: Promise me once SoW is released and the dust has settled that you'll take a holiday and get some sun, your looking very pale in that photo my friend ;) Can I suggest Australia for a few weeks ... a warmer climate and some of the best beaches in the world.

Korn
05-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Yeah Oleg looks pale, but it was a long cold winter and not so many chances to get to the seaside for some underwater photo shooting ;).

Our president is a decent man.. You may not like his politics.. but he is a decent man.. and you do this nation a disservice by insinuating otherwise.
Get off your high horses mate, i'm not american, nor did i imply that i am.

AdMan
05-01-2010, 11:37 AM
:eek::roll:

zapatista
05-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Get off your high horses mate, i'm not american, nor did i imply that i am.

chill dude, most here would have interpreted that as coming from an american.

the subjects of the other main anglo nations that trawl these boards here usually have prime ministers (canada, uk, nz, auzland, etc)

DuxCorvan
05-01-2010, 03:18 PM
1) Typing in an English-speaking forum doesn't mean you're from an "anglo nation". Just that you manage the English language. There are many nations with ruling Presidents, apart from the USA, and BC just did a naive flying start -understandably because of the rampaging Obama-bashing he has often to endure in the UBIZoo, and the traditional US self-centered mindset.

2) I hope that the President of Russia didn't find the La-7 to be undermodeled and didn't ask Oleg the glorious Motherland planes to have a good boost, so they reflect the official "patriotic" views on the GPW. You know, like "Yaks won teh war". ;-)

philip.ed
05-01-2010, 03:33 PM
We're here to discuss Il-2 and SoW, not politics.

AdMan
05-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Bearcat, you're an embarrassment

Chivas
05-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Bearcat, you always make good posts.

Insuber
05-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Please mates, let's stay in topic.

SlipBall
05-01-2010, 09:22 PM

That's not helpfull

Skoshi Tiger
05-02-2010, 12:04 AM
What I would really like to see is a video of that tank traversing a trench or pile of sand bags. Just to see the suspension in action :) Also to see the interaction between different objects!

Cheers!

Necrobaron
05-02-2010, 05:37 AM
Are you talking about yours ex-president. Bill Clinton! Monica Levinski operates his jOy.

I think it could apply to Sarkozy, Clinton, or any number of other world leaders. ;)
________
Chrysler Iv-2220 History (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_IV-2220)

proton45
05-02-2010, 06:51 AM

I thought he made a valid point....And even though his comment was based on an assumption, I don't think that it was an "offensive" (or embarrassing) misunderstanding on his part.

zaelu
05-02-2010, 07:16 AM
Chill dudes, Korn is romanian... as I am... and as far as I know him, he gives very little darn about politics... as a matter of fact, I am convinced that this was his "darn" on politics for this whole year. Isn't it Korn? :D

I think he made that comment just to say something about this "press"/"advertising" association between Oleg, president of 1C and president of Russia.

If he would had said just:

"Congrats for the meeting with your president"... it would seem very short so he added a sort of a joke. Btw... do you know how Basescu name could be translated? Fartson? McFart? etc :P (Basescu is our president's name... for those who don't know)

Anyway... peace.

The tank is OK Oleg... when do we see the London? :P

Foo'bar
05-02-2010, 07:27 AM
I think it could apply to Sarkozy, Clinton, or any number of other world leaders. ;)

Well, our doesn't have a jOy

:D

I really would like to see a explosion video some day.

Necrobaron
05-02-2010, 08:14 AM
Well, our doesn't have a jOy

:lol:

I should certainly hope not! If so, then "Herr Merkel" needs to come clean! ;)
________
EXPERT INSURANCE (http://xpertinsurance.com/)

Xilon_x
05-02-2010, 10:13 AM
THE LOVE FRIENDS:

http://www.corriereitaliano.com/imgs/dynamique/articles/gros/obama_berlusconi_medved.jpg
http://www.americaoggi.info/files/imagecache/home_primo_piano/files/Large_obama-berlusconi-medvedev_1238740738.jpg
http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Vladimir+Putin+Meets+Silvio+Berlusconi+YaBbf9tmOQz l.jpg
http://filcusum.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/berlusconi-aviatore_exc1.jpg

Blakduk
05-02-2010, 10:14 AM
I would really like to see an in-game video how these detailed models look in game from a high altitude viewpoint.
Will they scale smoothly or 'pop' into existence when the game engine determines they are visible?
Will dust trails be more realistically rendered from moving vehicles, especially when they are in convoy?
Are you ready to show us damage modelling on these ground vehicles? With the detailed models you've shown so far it will be interesting how detailed and variable the damage modelling can be without effecting the frame rate too much.

It all looks good so far, but still at the WIP stage.

BTW- Bearcat is one of the guys whose posts i look forward to reading- the guy knows his stuff and and always gives a well-considered and mature response to others.

SlipBall
05-02-2010, 10:15 AM
I think that the guy on the right is a famous sim pilot:grin:

6S.Manu
05-02-2010, 02:46 PM
http://filcusum.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/berlusconi-aviatore_exc1.jpg

Oh God.. not here too. I can't stand him no more...

Necrobaron
05-02-2010, 05:17 PM
THE LOVE FRIENDS:

http://www.corriereitaliano.com/imgs/dynamique/articles/gros/obama_berlusconi_medved.jpg
http://www.americaoggi.info/files/imagecache/home_primo_piano/files/Large_obama-berlusconi-medvedev_1238740738.jpg

This looks like the makings of a great sitcom!:-P
________
Lamborghini V12 Specifications (http://www.lamborghini-tech.com/wiki/Lamborghini_V12)

KG26_Alpha
05-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Oleg

Please take a break ............. seriously !!!

You look worn out in this picture .

http://www.escuadron69.net/v20/images/redactores/Darkness/maddox.jpg

http://www.incgamers.com/images/screenshots/12093orig.jpg

philip.ed
05-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Reminds me of Mitchell.....

He111
05-03-2010, 05:01 AM
Great to see quality game developers getting recognition! :grin:

Another quality game developer I like, Creative Assembly won a BAFTA for their Empire Total War. Strange because it was the first game from a new engne and was very buggy! :confused:

AdMan
05-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Obama's a chump

Oleg Maddox
05-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Oleg

Please take a break ............. seriously !!!

You look worn out in this picture .

Yes, it is. I was completely tired preparing different things for this meeting. Finally when it is finished and was driving a car to my home, I was going to sleep right in the car and due to this fact had road accident. I crashed in a car moving in front of me. However all are alive and the cars were damaged not so serious due to small speed in a traffric.

Coog
05-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Oleg, I sincerely hope that you are in good health through this whole process? I vaguely remember you mentioning time off for illness, etc. Are you OK?? Just worried.

Coog

P.S. I am very sorry to hear about the accident, but glad to hear that there were no injuries!

TheGrunch
05-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Glad to hear you're alright, Oleg! I guess this project is really wearing you out, I know you stated that for financial reasons the game had to go out this year at the latest. Perhaps you should consider MOH_Hirth's suggestion about offering SoW for pre-order directly from Maddox Games (similar to Taleworlds' system for Mount&Blade where the game can be bought directly from TW as well as boxed and from online stores), I'm sure at least some of us would be willing to drop a few $s on SoW now if it keeps development running smoothly and less stressfully.

Oleg Maddox
05-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Everything fine already. I was sleeping well 3 days on a fresh air under Moscow. And was doing almost nothing. :)

Ironman69
05-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Oleg, what was President Medvedev flying ? What were you pointing at ?

KG26_Alpha
05-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Everything fine already. I was sleeping well 3 days on a fresh air under Moscow. And was doing almost nothing. :)

Great to hear your ok and getting some rest :)

Hmm I remember your last crash.

A bit more serious though and a new car needed :!:

TheGrunch
05-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Hah, awesome. Don't do what I did and get blind drunk because you're bored and there's a cider festival in town. Currently painfully regretting that decision.
You can see a bit more on the video, Ironman.

Oleg Maddox
05-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Oleg, what was President Medvedev flying ? What were you pointing at ?

La-7. He was shot down He-111. If to speak about Il-2. However we were demonstrating not only Il-2, but also some technologies that will be partially present in BoB. But he simply tried himself also to control aircraft in a sim.

Oleg Maddox
05-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Great to hear your ok and getting some rest :)

Hmm I remember your last crash.

A bit more serious though and a new car needed :!:

Yes, these two crashes during 24 hours in the past were cost me some health, two cars completely damaged and still some time remind it in my neck. Hovewer these crashes in the past was due to stupid driving of others.... but now - because of me....

KG26_Alpha
05-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Perhaps a driving sim after SoW is finished :)

nearmiss
05-03-2010, 03:45 PM
On your visit with the President of Russia... very good.

Oleg, nothing but good can come of it.

The thing you mentioned about how people in other countries have learned of Soviet participation in WW2 is very true.

Your game has been an excellent ambassador of good will between those of us who enjoy IL2 in all countries.

Andric
05-03-2010, 03:48 PM
La-7. ...
Why not at I-16?

Abbeville-Boy
05-03-2010, 03:51 PM
oleg i hope your Porsche can be repaired :-P

philip.ed
05-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Oleg, it seems there is a petition against DRM appearing in future games, and some people are not happy if SoW does follow this (due to Ubisoft)
Is Ubisoft still the publisher or SoW? As if they inforce their DRM policy, then many people will choose to not buy SoW...

...see here http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,5277.0.html

EDIT_see here for a better example http://www.petitiononline.com/ew15dl94/ over 13000 votes against the DRM policy.

Abbeville-Boy
05-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Oleg, it seems there is a petition against DRM appearing in future games, and some people are not happy if SoW does follow this (due to Ubisoft)
Is Ubisoft still the publisher or SoW? As if they inforce their DRM policy, then many people will choose to not buy SoW...

...see here http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,5277.0.html

a modding site against drm :grin:

philip.ed
05-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Ssh! :D

yes, I understand how funny it may seem, but it surely demonstrates the fact further....none-the-less, it shows how DRM could work adversely for SoW ;)

KG26_Alpha
05-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Ssh! :D

yes, I understand how funny it may seem, but it surely demonstrates the fact further....none-the-less, it shows how DRM could work adversely for SoW ;)

More to the point how effective it could work for publishers using it.

It looks like a bunch of headless chickens running around squawking "DRM DRM DRM"

It just shows how ill informed and ignorant some of the anti DRM voters are there.

Oleg Maddox
05-03-2010, 06:01 PM
On your visit with the President of Russia... very good.

Oleg, nothing but good can come of it.

The thing you mentioned about how people in other countries have learned of Soviet participation in WW2 is very true.

Your game has been an excellent ambassador of good will between those of us who enjoy IL2 in all countries.

It was also one of themes in a short speech.

philip.ed
05-03-2010, 06:41 PM
More to the point how effective it could work for publishers using it.

It looks like a bunch of headless chickens running around squawking "DRM DRM DRM"

It just shows how ill informed and ignorant some of the anti DRM voters are there.

I'm not following. maintaing a constant internet connection to play a game limits the games audience to those with a constant internet connection, which IMO is ridiculous.

TheGrunch
05-03-2010, 06:53 PM
I'd be quite content to buy a game that requires a one-time activation at install, and obviously authentication every time a player goes online to play multiplayer games would be entirely reasonable as well, as long as it was not a requirement to do so when joining a LAN game.

philip.ed
05-03-2010, 07:46 PM
I'd be quite content to buy a game that requires a one-time activation at install, and obviously authentication every time a player goes online to play multiplayer games would be entirely reasonable as well, as long as it was not a requirement to do so when joining a LAN game.

It seems you have to be online even when playing offline (a la RoF) in the DRM policy :confused: which sucks if it's true.

Insuber
05-03-2010, 08:19 PM
It seems you have to be online even when playing offline (a la RoF) in the DRM policy :confused: which sucks if it's true.

ROF has changed its system with the patch 1.11 a couple of months ago. Now you can play offline without an Internet connection. Only the first login must be done online. I think it is a good compromise.

Cheers,
Insuber

Zorin
05-03-2010, 09:39 PM
ROF has changed its system with the patch 1.11 a couple of months ago. Now you can play offline without an Internet connection. Only the first login must be done online. I think it is a good compromise.

Cheers,
Insuber

Same with GTA IV btw.

Guess they have learned a lesson.

hiro
05-04-2010, 12:47 AM
that's cool, the original post, and the game is coming along nicely.

I'd prefer them to use the serial with the awesomely done manual, heck maybe even with two serials (manual and on the poster).

But the days of uber printed manuals with more information than you can handle are gone . . .

Maybe online registration two times (IL-2).

philip.ed
05-04-2010, 04:01 PM

Cheers,
Insuber

That is good. But still, the DRM will put some people off if it's implemented. TBH I don't really care, but clearly some do ;)

philip.ed
05-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Oleg, is Ubisoft still going to distribute SoW? ;)

Antoninus
05-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Maybe you can offer an UBI free special edition, only directly available from 1C, if Ubi is still the publisher for western Europe. In an old style cardboard box with printed map and Spitfire pilot notes, I would pay twice the ordinary price for something like that.

philip.ed
05-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Maybe you can offer an UBI free special edition, only directly available from 1C, if Ubi is still the publisher for western Europe. In an old style cardboard box with printed map and Spitfire pilot notes, I would pay twice the ordinary price for something like that.

So would I ;)

daHeld
05-05-2010, 08:03 PM

+1 ! Sure as hell would do.

SlipBall
05-05-2010, 08:09 PM
It's nice to dream...but they have to protect the game. So don't expect a special DRM free game UBI or not, if thats the route they take for protection:)

Antoninus
05-05-2010, 08:38 PM
As long as the DRM allows me to play the game where and whenever I want to play it, it's fine for me.

Apparently Ubisoft is already working on the next step. I will still buy SOW but if that's the future of PC gaming I will stick to older titles and open source in future.

http://games.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=1630600&cid=31975686

I work at Ubisoft as a programmer, which is why I'm posting as an AC. What the next step will be in the DRM, the ramp-up, is gameplay code that is run from the server. So in order to crack that one the pirates will have to fully emulate the server side code. Not the whole of the gameplay code mind you, just a small, but necessary and essential, portion. This should be in effect for the coming summer releases.
For the record I think Ubisoft are being asshat idiots in continuing to ramp up this obscenity of a slap in the face to paying consumers. And I'm not alone, you should see the in-house mailing list flamewars about this (which also means that other employees are freaking greedy douchebags, it's not just the suits.)

speculum jockey
05-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Oleg, have you considered going with STEAM for distribution online? It's only getting bigger and better with more followers all the time.

chn6
05-06-2010, 02:05 AM
Dear Oleg, Congratulate from China!

It's First, A President of a country to flight IL2.
That's one small step for you, but one giant leap for All Sim pilots.

Take care for your health, Take care for your safety.

If you crash your car again, All IL2er in this world , will unite write to President Dmitry Medvedev, petition he to revoke your Driver's license.. ^^

KG26_Alpha
05-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Oleg, have you considered going with STEAM for distribution online? It's only getting bigger and better with more followers all the time.

Steam have a corrupted version of IL2 1946 for download so watch out going down that route.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1094235

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m/1241021758

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m/7371074358

engarde
05-07-2010, 08:38 AM

I've often thought of that, and would have been quite happy to buy that at a higher price.

Hell, I have 3 x copies of 1946 on my shelf, two not opened.

If I could get a copy of SoW with focus on the 109, with produced content - both in game and not - giving me many levels of authentic detail, I would pay for it indeed.

without hesitation.

but, i think the cost-benefit to the producer would not be kind due to comparitively low sales?

Still, I live in hope. ;)

engarde
05-07-2010, 09:14 AM

I have no desire to become a steam zombie.

i would be very disappointed to find SoW on steam.

Wutz
05-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Yes absolutely agree, Steam and DRM stuff, no support with my money for that.
As I wish to buy a program and not just rent it.

Flying_Nutcase
05-08-2010, 05:08 AM
Hi Oleg,

You really have friends in high places! Congrats on the meet with your president and thanks for the great little update.

Flying Nutcase

Nils
05-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Wow! Did you ever think when you started all of this that you'd eventually be teaching the president how to play IL2? :grin:

Bet he was RBJ :)
Think of, it fits the time when RBJ dissapeared from the scene and Medvedev appeared ..... I say no more