PDA

View Full Version : IL2 video clip showing Robert "Punchy" Powell-352nd FG in action

Mysticpuma
04-28-2010, 04:27 PM
Did a short experimental video showing his P-51B damaging a 410 on June 21st 1944.

Nothing exceptional, just some action with a little home-made gun-camera thrown in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTT1RgwoKk4

Would have used Tigers Sound Mod, but no-matter what I tried, I couldn't consistently synchronise the the fly-by view with the audio sample :(

Anyway, enjoy.

Cheers, MP.

philip.ed
04-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Nice tracer mod... :D

VA_Deacon
04-29-2010, 09:23 AM
MP,

Awesome work!

~S~

D

choctaw111
04-29-2010, 11:26 AM
I subscribe to you on Youtube and I saw that you had a new movie.
I was wondering what was going on with your latest project.
Keep up the good work.

Mysticpuma
04-29-2010, 09:32 PM
From another post I made about "Checkertails: Legend of the 325th"

"So-far it has been a long,hard slog, working through myriad of details regarding the 325th. As I find one fact out, more come along to make life difficult in finalising everything! I am not complaining though as this is just fantastic fun to work through, but I am really worrying that by the time I complete it, not many of the pilots will be around to see it! I'm trying though!

So, what do we have?

Well, I have video interviews with Art Fiedler, Barrie Davis, Jack Sherbourne, Jerry Edwards and Frank Bolek. I also have audio interviews with Frank Mertely and Robert Burns and extra interviews with Art, lastly I interviewed by email Ken Rusher, an original 319th pilot and the last surviving member of the 325th who took off from the USS Ranger as they flew to Casablanca at the start of their tour. Ken, sadly, has since passed in a tragic car accident, but I feel privileged that he shared his memories and photos with me in the brief time I knew him.

On top of that I have original 325th colour footage of the P-51's at Lesina, as-well as Colour footage of P-47's at Foggia. I have another 400-hours of WW2 footage to edit into the project and then I am recreating specific battles with the IL2 Software, using updated and custom built textures, aircraft, maps and effects, all to add realism to the recreated battles.

Extra to the above are nearly 1300 images of the 325th during their time in WW2, many of which have never been seen before. I have alos re-created all the 325th logos in larger versions, and also hand-coloured an image of the P-51's at Lesina, which was originally three-separate images all Black and White. That image can be downloaded here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jywzi1kqyzt

Now, I have completed the P-40 era using original footage, WW2 footage and re-created key-scenes with Il2.

I am currently working on the P-47 era, and hope to have that near completed by early June. This will then be released as Part-1. I will then concentrate on the P-51 era. Each part will be approx 1-hour and 30 minutes, but may reach 2-hours for the P-51 section....there is lots to get in! Most of my time has been concentrated on researching details and gathering images. It has been a long haul, but it was necessary to get this, as it makes the edit so-much easier to move through now that everything is in place.

My realistic timeline is to have it finished by December 2010. That will be a total of 4-years to make! Way too long! However this is being created in my spare time, as a hobby, with no budget and the good-will of a few friends who have been there to help when I have got stuck and bogged down in detail.

Kudos to Ralph Giminez and Gary Bullock for their dedication. Ralph is known as 'Monguse' online and has been a great help with his paintschemes, modelling and software modifications as well as too many others to mention, but of note are SAS Cirx and Holy Grail.

Gary Bullock is on imdb:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0120147/

and is doing the Narration, for free, as he is immensely interested in the 325th after Gordon McDaniel (Ace-in-a-day for the 325th) helped him trim out and R/C aircraft, when Gary was young, in the local park.

So, work is still continuing and hopefully this-year it will come to fruition. I hope to make the 325th reunion in Washington this-year (Sept 17th-19th), but money and time will decide whether I can make it.

Okay, so I have uploaded a link to the Panoramic of the 325th at Lesina.

So, I wonder if you have seen Trailer 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpJTdu4hjFA

This is audio from the video interviews with the 325th pilots, overlaid with their pilot images and their faces now.

Also, I have been creating CG images of the 325th, some can be seen here in the Fourth post down in the thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/1591012138/p/1

Finally, although I can't show you yet, I have completed a battle sequence in the P-51's showing Barrie Davis's life and death struggle in a fight over Russia with Romanian Ace Ion Dobran. Barrie has seen it, and loved it!"

Lots still to do, but everything is taking shape.....cheers, MP