PDA

View Full Version : Patch Installation Problems.

Josue0716
04-28-2010, 03:08 AM
Hi I download the 1.3 patch because I have the game in Russian and understand nothing, but I can not install the patch I get an error that says: "the setup has detected that no version of RigNRoll is installed, the update requieres a previous version of the game to be installed", not due to error and would like to know if the patch translates English game thanks in advance.

PS: sorry for the English but not speak much English so I am using a translator online.

Nike-it
04-28-2010, 05:27 AM
I wonder how you got the patch, if it's not yet released? And it doesn't translate the game into English.

USA Trucker
04-28-2010, 01:59 PM
I wonder how you got the patch, if it's not yet released? And it doesn't translate the game into English.

I wonder if he means the HotFix? That's the same error I got, until I found out that Impulse comes with the HotFix already applied.

Se7en
05-14-2010, 10:42 AM
I think he means, when he try to install HotFix on Russian version, it reports it can't find the game, because RU is different from EN version!

M76
06-20-2010, 07:10 AM
It gives the following message:
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5268/rnrt.jpg (http://img404.imageshack.us/i/rnrt.jpg/)

Since there is no way to enter a destination directory, I can't do anything about it.

For the record the file I'm trying to install is rnr_en_update_setup3.0.1.0.exe

Whoever you were, who just bumped my post to the end of this thread. Instead you could have provided some help.

I didn't post the problem in this topic on purpose. Mainly because the problem is in not related to the problem already discussed in this topic, and I didn't want the problem to go unnoticed as a random follow up. Secondly the grammar in the topic title is flawed. This is supposed to be an official forum, so at least the topic titles should be correctly framed.

movo.
06-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Whoever you were, who just bumped my post to the end of this thread. Instead you could have provided some help.

I didn't post the problem in this topic on purpose. Mainly because the problem is in not related to the problem already discussed in this topic, and I didn't want the problem to go unnoticed as a random follow up. Secondly the grammar in the topic title is flawed. This is supposed to be an official forum, so at least the topic titles should be correctly framed.

Maybe it's similiar to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47YZIvrw2hg&feature=related

Do you have the English version or the Russian version of the game?

USA Trucker
06-21-2010, 01:26 PM

I have moved it to this section because, it's easily identifiable for ALL patch installation problems. It's not for any one particular problem as the thread title indicates. There is no need to create two threads with similar problem descriptions. I also didn't answer your question because I don't have one for you at the moment. Maybe someone else will be able to aid you. I'm also not going to go around correcting everyones grammar, or spelling. If it's suitable, I'll leave it alone as I do not wish to insult any member. If there are many complaints, or confusion then I will take the appropriate action. Please keep in mind that although this is an English forum for RnR, not everyone has command of the English language. So I tend to give a lot of leeway in this respect.

PS:
Certain English versions from sites such as Impulse, will not let you install the patch, and will show up as an error because, some of them have the patch built-in, and therefore is not required. I have also changed the title of this thread. I will not make it a habit though. If you have a grammar/spelling problem, please be considerate, and keep it to yourself, and not publicly humiliate the person. If the problem is serious enough, and creating a lot of confusion, then PM me, or another Mod., and we will correct it without hurting someones feelings.

kennyb87
06-21-2010, 01:44 PM
You can tell wich version you have when you get to the main menu on the bottom right its says your version

USA Trucker
06-21-2010, 01:49 PM
You can tell wich version you have when you get to the main menu on the bottom right its says your version

Yes, but I was also guilty, going for the patch without looking at the game version on the screen. It's a common mistake made by many including myself, but thanks for your input.;)

M76
06-21-2010, 08:02 PM
PS:
Certain English versions from sites such as Impulse, will not let you install the patch, and will show up as an error because, some of them have the patch built-in, and therefore is not required.

I have an off the self dvd version of the game. I've sworn never to buy any downloads again. Exactly because their support is limited, patches don't work, if I loose my password I loose the game, and loads of other problems that I wouldn't have with a retail version.
I have also changed the title of this thread. I will not make it a habit though.
I only complained because clearly by moving my post into this thread you elected this to be a collection thread of patch installation problems, and in that case I think the topic title should be corrert.

If you have a grammar/spelling problem, please be considerate, and keep it to yourself, and not publicly humiliate the person. If the problem is serious enough, and creating a lot of confusion, then PM me, or another Mod., and we will correct it without hurting someones feelings.
I don't think pointing out a grammar problem is about humiliation, I can't see why would anyone be humiliated by this. If noone ever tells you that you're doing something wrong, how could you realize it? Its the same behavior when you see somone struggling with something and instead of helping you just walk away. You're being inconsiderate if you say/do nothing. And this doesn't mean anyone should go around editing posts' grammar, but if you're already merging two topics why not fix the title?

USA Trucker
06-21-2010, 09:21 PM
The person in question already apologized for his English, and stated that he is using a translator (if you read his first post). Nothing further should have been said. If you want to get petty, you spelled correct wrong, and no one is two words not one. Do you see how insulting this sounds. I'm sure you know the saying of 'people living in a glass house'. This forum, as I stated earlier is filled with a lot of people not having command of the English language. Enough said on this matter. Let's get back on topic.

FreeZzy
07-24-2010, 01:23 PM
hello, i have this game in russian language but i want to put in english, how i can do that ?

thanks

kennyb87
07-24-2010, 02:47 PM
You cant you need to buy the english version I had to too but the games cheap anyways

FreeZzy
07-24-2010, 05:07 PM
ok ... thanks

filip007
08-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Patch refuse to be installed with that no previous version was found. :(

USA Trucker
08-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Patch refuse to be installed with that no previous version was found. :(

Where did you get the game from?

register20
02-15-2011, 07:00 PM
I bought the game and when i try to install patch 3.0 or what ever its called i get the message that i have no copy of rignroll installed on my pc what do i do?:confused:

USA Trucker
02-15-2011, 07:14 PM
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Please look over our forum before posting new threads. Just about everything is covered, and easily categorized. Also please do not use all Caps in your message. It gives the impression that you’re yelling at us, and is not proper, and against forum rules.

Now for your question... Where did you get your game? Steam, Impulse, and the DVD versions already have the updated patch's, and the error message is common. In general, if you get this message it means the patch is already there.

Twizted
04-05-2011, 10:35 PM
I attempted to install the 3.0.1.0 patch and it says that no version of the game is installed.

Also every time I try to do a Single Mission the game errors out right after the truck leaves the warehouse(where you select a load)... :evil:

I got this from GameStop Digital store, downloaded from TryMedia.

USA Trucker
04-06-2011, 03:00 AM
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

GameStop has the patch already installed. So it's normal to get this kind of message when trying to install this patch. Steam & Impulse also give this message. As to your second question. It would help to have your system specs when reporting a problem so we can best answer your question.

Please read the forum structure before creating a post, or topic in the future. The stickies are easy to find, and cover most topics, such as yours that was answered here a couple of times. Just take some time, and note the topic you wish to discuss relevant to yours. I’m sure you’ll find it.

44MACKdaz91
02-16-2012, 07:30 PM
i have a USA version of this & it wont allow me to update either. & i cant find a patch update for the usa version anywhere :shock:

USA Trucker
02-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Where did you purchase the game from?

SATrucker
05-27-2012, 06:31 AM
Hi everyone

It seem the patch do not work in Win7

Did not try 2 install into XP yet.

But the game is still good in English version.

Disc number: FFB150/D

USA Trucker
05-27-2012, 03:23 PM
The patch doesn't work, because the disk version already has it included, along with many download versions.

TruckerNL
10-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Howdy all,

Well played this game few times when not driving for real.
But what about the hotfix patch ???
It can't find the game and the game is retail English version 1.0

And I would love to have these bugs repaired for once....

Greetzzz TruckerNL

USA Trucker
10-07-2013, 09:44 PM
If the 'Hotfix' patch can't find your game, then that means you already have it.