PDA

View Full Version : Translation

Florio
04-26-2010, 07:51 AM
I've started a french translation (only at the beginning) and have two worries
It is possible to have a decoder (and maybe an encoder but not that nececary) for the filetype dynamic?
and also a fnt font that would include special french characters as é è à ô etc... or someone could tell me where i can find suitable one (i've found editor but truly i don't know where to place them and iam not supposed good as drawing fonts)

Thanks
Florio

Goblin Wizard
04-26-2010, 08:28 AM
It is possible to have a decoder (and maybe an encoder but not that nececary) for the filetype dynamic?
Devs possess such a thing but don't want to share it with the community. Use filetype standard for now. Filetype modding will be fixed in the upcoming 1.12 patch (probably).

I've never tried modify fonts so I don't know which format is used. There are two folders named FONTS in SW3. Put your font there, change any GUI file to use it and you will see. With new french letters you will probably have to change tuv file too. It holds coordinates for each letter.

Florio
04-26-2010, 08:01 PM
i've studied the dynamic file type a bit, four "letter" code one character so it is 16 bits character encoding (if iam not wrong, i've checked few sequences) but it is not traditionnal hexa, for exemple when you change the 4 firsts "letters" it change the first character, but when you change from "letter" 5 to 8 it changes the second character but also the first one. So it look like incremential, also you can't put any "hexa like" chain it would randomly and often crash, so they might be a four "letter" sequence annoucing an end of chain but not lisible 'cause like "crypted".

about fnt files it is simply a bmp file with the letters drawed into, i think you can change it (if done properly) without touching tuv file, but i didn't opened tuv for instance it might be useful! i've found an editor i don't have it right now but if i remember well it is simply "fnt editor".