PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.17.5 Problems

Over_Cookd_Nade
04-25-2010, 09:42 PM
I down-loaded and installed patch 1.17.5 but when I run the "outfront_mp.exe" it shows that I am on vers. 1.17.1, I don't understand what is causing this.

My "changelog.txt" also shows that patch 1.17.5 is installed. :confused:

Is this a "full" patch? or do I need to install all previous patches first?

I just installed this game for the first time so I'm new to Men of War but I have lots of experience with other RTS games as far as patching and fixes go.

Thanks for any help that you can provide. :D

SpeedWolf
04-26-2010, 01:29 AM
How to install
Download 1.11.3 and install
Download 1.16.4 and install
Download 1.17.5 and run installer
Select your language and install
You may need to copy the installed files manually in your gamedirectory (depending on game version)
start multiplayer with "outfront_mp.exe"

link to all version DMS (http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6618)

Over_Cookd_Nade
04-26-2010, 01:14 PM
How to install
Download 1.11.3 and install
Download 1.16.4 and install
Download 1.17.5 and run installer
Select your language and install
You may need to copy the installed files manually in your gamedirectory (depending on game version)
start multiplayer with "outfront_mp.exe"

link to all version DMS (http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6618)

Yep, thanks, its an incremental update/patch then instead of a full patch.
I'll install the other patches as well and give it a try. :eek:

Over_Cookd_Nade
04-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Yep, thanks, its an incremental update/patch then instead of a full patch.
I'll install the other patches as well and give it a try. :eek:

OK great, it's working now! :grin:
FYI, I bought Men of War from Direct2Drive. Also it needs to be stated that Patch 1.17.5 in an incremental patch! you will need to install the other 2 older patches first.

I installed each patch in order from lowest to highest, 1.11.3, 1.16.4 and then I reinstalled patch 1.17.5. Fortunately I did not have to reinstalled the entire game I just re-launched the 1.17.5 patch even though I had already installed it previously but without the other older patches it did not not work right until installing all previous patches.

Thank you SpeedWolf for your quick response and I hope this info will be helpful to others that are new comers to Men of War.

SpeedWolf
04-27-2010, 03:11 AM
your welcome.:-)

hopefully the full patch is coming soon.