PDA

View Full Version : Bug Issues (English Version).

polarexpress17
04-22-2010, 06:45 PM
well, if you're looking for something has is infested with bugs, then look at rig n roll.

only 7 years in production! thats right 7 years. it comes complete with the bug that tells you that you that you already have a task to complete! but then it asks you if you'd like to "complete this task" you are not allowed to say NO! how great is that folks? thats right so you must drive around aimlessly not being allowed to take a load because these retards had there heads up there ass for 7 years.

complete waste of money. i'm sure there will be alot of negative reviews on this game. we'll have to be the un-biased ones to post them here along with the few positive ones that the board staff will post.

I'm not even going to get into all of the other bugs right now because i do not have enough time to type them all.

Raishi
04-23-2010, 02:40 AM
If you say so. I've put a good 15 hours or so into the game so far and haven't run into a single bug yet.

donnerwetter
04-23-2010, 05:31 AM
polarexpress17 look here plz http://rignroll.com/p-293.html
I guess you have to apply hotfix.

USA Trucker
04-23-2010, 08:00 AM
polarexpress17 look here plz http://rignroll.com/p-293.html
I guess you have to apply hotfix.

I downloaded the hotfix (I wrote this in another thread, but got no response). When I tried to install it wouldn't work stating "a current installation of RnR could not be found". I figured there was a mistake somewhere, so I re-installed the game, and had the same problem. I contacted 1C support, and got no reply. So I contacted Impulse, and they couldn't explain it, and sent me back to 1C, and still no reply. So maybe you, Nike-it, or somebody can help me with some sort of solution. I have seen 1 or 2 others also have this problem, so I feel better that this is not just me, and an isolated problem. Now, how about a solution.

Nike-it
04-23-2010, 08:20 AM
Just checked with my colleagues: Impulse version already contains hotfix. So it's normal, that you can't install it.

USA Trucker
04-23-2010, 08:42 AM
If you say so. I've put a good 15 hours or so into the game so far and haven't run into a single bug yet.

To be fair, I would have to agree with you. I did however, see many design flaws that some could call a bug, but there is a difference. As of yet, I have not seen a bug (something that prevents you from playing the game properly). I would like to see some of Polarexpress's list of bugs, so we can judge if these are design flaws, or in-fact a bug. The one he mentioned above, I have not seen, or reported elsewhere, and I'm pretty deep in the Story-Line. Here are some examples of what I think the difference is as reported by others (I'll be brief):

Design Flaws: (you can play the game, but looks silly)
1) Truck physics (turning looks more like sliding).
2) Trailer Physics (sometimes acts independently, and appears to float).
3) No traffic lights, or stop signs at intersections off the highways (just unrealistic).
4) No pedestrians, and activity in truck-stops, or other popular places (also unrealistic).
5) Very few cabs hauling loads. Mostly Bobtails (yet another unrealistic feel).

Bugs: (prevents you from playing properly)
1) Mysterious invisible walls.
2) Truck sometimes gets hung-up, and can't move on some minor accidents.
3) Sound cuts off, or garble talking during some conversations.

I'm sure there are others. These are the one I've seen written recently, and this is only my opinion as to the difference between a bug, and a design flaw.

Just checked with my colleagues: Impulse version already contains hotfix. So it's normal, that you can't install it.

Thanks a bunch. I just received an e-mail from Impulse (less then 5min ago), and they stated the same.

Mr luder
04-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Am I right if there is no hotfix yet for the russian version?! the file says rnr_EN_update, so it won't work with the russian version?

btw. Polar is right, there are a shitload of bugs. The great interior bug, the great shadow bugs (in the game since the first screenshots have been showed with trucks driving around), on the hotfix list theres no mentioning of the light bug if you go in to a shop and get out (can't turn light on/off), oh and that you can't get rid of parts like the rookie mirrors, you still see them in the interior view, but not in the exterior view after you selled them, still you get your money back.

oh btw. where, softlab nsk, is the promised trackir support?! theres nothin on the hotfix list... are you kidding me?!

hauptmann
04-25-2010, 12:35 AM
Bottom line , if you experience a bug, post it in the BUG forum..we don't need 100 threads on the same stuff.

nadoso
04-25-2010, 04:08 PM
good evening
j am new in this forum ,
j have some bugs with this game in story mod
1) when j leave OXNARD warehouse goto santa barbara or le bec or
coming from santa barbara to oxnard
from lebec to oxnard in those cases when j arrive to the cross road j have a crash and the game stop.

2) When j arrive to warehouse of victorville crash again the game stop
3) same when j arrive to mojave warehouse coming from bakersville game stop again

what happend , somebody know something about that .
J have the last english version.

sorry for my english writing ,

french man from france

GinXeng
04-25-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm sorry, I know english is not your first language but I can't understand what the hell you just said, all those j's are throwing me off. You know, I think he is trying to tell us something.

Irreo
04-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Try installing the patch/hotfix, if you didn't. Maybe that helps. Also, make sure you've got all drivers updated (video card, sound card, etc.), latest DirectX and Windows updates.

I can't say anything else because I have no idea what could the problem be.

USA Trucker
04-26-2010, 12:10 AM
I'm sorry, I know english is not your first language but I can't understand what the hell you just said, all those j's are throwing me off. You know, I think he is trying to tell us something.

The J's should be I's, and it should become clear to you. However, I don't understand if his truck crashed, or the game crashed.

James
04-26-2010, 03:37 AM
I believe he is refering to the game crashes, I have not had any of these issues todate.

nadoso
04-26-2010, 06:40 AM
good morning

j' am sorry , the problem is .

the game stop , then the screen is black and come back to the windows desktop.

all drivers are uptodate , directx ok .
patch/hotfix installed

the last problem yesterday is:
with to load in bakersfield to los angeles warehouse.
When j arrive in warehouse , pass the entrance , the game stop , black screen and come back to windows desktop

are someboady have the same problems or not , than you

USA Trucker
04-26-2010, 08:31 AM
good morning

j' am sorry , the problem is .

the game stop , then the screen is black and come back to the windows desktop.

all drivers are uptodate , directx ok .
patch/hotfix installed

the last problem yesterday is:
with to load in bakersfield to los angeles warehouse.
When j arrive in warehouse , pass the entrance , the game stop , black screen and come back to windows desktop

are somebody have the same problems or not , than you

I think you're the first one that reported this problem. Obviously something is seriously wrong. My only suggestion is to re-install the game. You may have a corrupt file in there somewhere. How many GB's of ram do you have, and what type of motherboard/cpu are you running? Also, where did you purchase it? All of these may play a roll in this.

nadoso
04-26-2010, 11:14 AM
hi
GB's of ram 4go
motherboard/cpu asus M2N-SLIDE DE LUXE ; ATHLON 64x2 DUAL CORE PROCESSOR 3,2 GHZ . 1024 cache
GRAPHIC CARD: GIGABYTE NVIDIA 9600 GT 1024 last drivers 197.45
WINDOWS XP SP3
DIRECTX 9.0.C
Purchase by BOUNTY via JEUXVIDEO.COM
Loading via nexway.com.

Is it possible to load this game directly from your site , could be some of files corrupted.
In fact , when j install the game about 20 fules refuse tobe installed and it is necessary to ignore them to continue to install the game .
Could be the problem .????
thanks for your help
regards

eagle78
04-26-2010, 12:17 PM
hi
GB's of ram 4go
motherboard/cpu asus M2N-SLIDE DE LUXE ; ATHLON 64x2 DUAL CORE PROCESSOR 3,2 GHZ . 1024 cache
GRAPHIC CARD: GIGABYTE NVIDIA 9600 GT 1024 last drivers 197.45
WINDOWS XP SP3
DIRECTX 9.0.C
Purchase by BOUNTY via JEUXVIDEO.COM
Loading via nexway.com.

Is it possible to load this game directly from your site , could be some of files corrupted.
In fact , when j install the game about 20 fules refuse tobe installed and it is necessary to ignore them to continue to install the game .
Could be the problem .????
thanks for your help
regards

I'm french too, tu peux expliquer en français, je tâcherai de traduire.. :grin:

I think he tries to tell everybody he has some troubles during the gameplay, something is wrong with game installation..

I brought it at "01net" a few days ago, 7 files "bin" and a "exe" file.

Installation was very long, but no problems in the game (only X360 controller)

nadoso
04-26-2010, 04:04 PM
bonjour eagle 78

je suis français , habite en bretagne et je ne manie pas assez la langue anglaise pour expliquer au mieux ce qui arrive et de le faire comprendre

Mon problème est maintenant résolu .
Un lien de chargement de bounty m'avez fait chargé le fichier exe et les bin avec une bonne vingtaine de fichiers qui ne voulaient pas s'installer.
En fait ces fichiers que je devais ignorer pour pouvoir installer le jeu complétement étaient probablement liés aux zones qui me provoquaient l'arrêt du jeu.
J'ai rechargé le jeu sur un deuxième lien puis installé et tout est ok.

merci de ton intervention , ce jeu est sympa , je possède également la série des trucks mais celui ci se démarques des autres et surtout pas de saccade vidéos .

a plus

USA Trucker
04-26-2010, 11:34 PM
bonjour eagle 78

je suis français , habite en bretagne et je ne manie pas assez la langue anglaise pour expliquer au mieux ce qui arrive et de le faire comprendre

Mon problème est maintenant résolu .
Un lien de chargement de bounty m'avez fait chargé le fichier exe et les bin avec une bonne vingtaine de fichiers qui ne voulaient pas s'installer.
En fait ces fichiers que je devais ignorer pour pouvoir installer le jeu complétement étaient probablement liés aux zones qui me provoquaient l'arrêt du jeu.
J'ai rechargé le jeu sur un deuxième lien puis installé et tout est ok.

merci de ton intervention , ce jeu est sympa , je possède également la série des trucks mais celui ci se démarques des autres et surtout pas de saccade vidéos .

a plus

It's bad enough you can barely speak English, and use J's for I's, but now you're throwing French in on an English speaking forum too. Good grief!

Bottom line , if you experience a bug, post it in the BUG forum..we don't need 100 threads on the same stuff.

Oh, please. For a guy having only 5 posts, you haven't observed how this forum operates, have you? Show me a "BUG FORUM" with regards to RnR, and I'll shut up. This thread is the closest to it, and adequately titled. We do have many other "Problem Threads" all over the place without using the word "BUG".

obsolum
04-27-2010, 07:46 AM
It's bad enough you can barely speak English, and use J's for I's, but now you're throwing French in on an English speaking forum too. Good grief!
Eagle78 told him he should post his question in English and he'd try to translate as he's French himself. Of course, you didn't know that as you don't speak French :)

Anyway, his problem is solved now: turns out some files were corrupted. He redownloaded the game and all is well now.

FLN
04-30-2010, 06:51 AM
I regard this thread for reporting bugs, so I post one.

The cut scene of meeting Dakota and Monica in Nick's office has sequence bug. Some dialogues seem skip during conversation.
Please check the sequence coding.

donnerwetter
04-30-2010, 07:44 AM
I regard this thread for reporting bugs, so I post one.

The cut scene of meeting Dakota and Monica in Nick's office has sequence bug. Some dialogues seem skip during conversation.
Please check the sequence coding.

Can you please explain it a bit further?

FLN
04-30-2010, 09:18 AM
Can you please explain it a bit further?

In the middle of their conversation, some dialogues seem skipping.
Between these dialogues of Monica;

================================

Monica : and all attacks took place on Highway 108. At some point the drivers lost track of time and surroundings, but those who survived reported

*** Some conversations with Dakota and maybe others seem here. ***
*** I can see and hear Dakota saying something a bit but soon cut off. ***

Monica : For that I would need Nick's approval. It's you and your friends who will face the consequences.

donnerwetter
04-30-2010, 10:15 AM
In the middle of their conversation, some dialogues seem skipping.
Between these dialogues of Monica;

It seems to be bug in audio files, we'll fix it soon.

Thanks for your help.

USA Trucker
04-30-2010, 10:25 AM

Thanks for your help.

There are a few conversations that take place where you can't hear the audio in person, or on the CB, the text work so you can understand what's going on. I assume this will be corrected also?

donnerwetter
04-30-2010, 10:32 AM
There are a few conversations that take place where you can't hear the audio in person, or on the CB, the text work so you can understand what's going on. I assume this will be corrected also?

Yes, we are on it. Can't give ETA though.

USA Trucker
04-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Yes, we are on it. Can't give ETA though.

Thanks for the input.:cool: At least I know I'm not going deaf.:grin:

FLN
04-30-2010, 11:29 AM

Thanks for your help.

It's pleasure :)
Please keep in mind, Monica's dialogue is cut off before its end.
I want to know what exactly reported...even I know some drug things affected on them from Nick's dialogue followed after that skip.

Mr luder
05-01-2010, 12:05 AM
Yes, we are on it.

oh, so you're bascially a developer?!
guess then you should check this asap and work on it too:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=127848&postcount=11

USA Trucker
05-02-2010, 02:16 PM
oh, so you're bascially a developer?!
guess then you should check this asap and work on it too:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=127848&postcount=11

Those are old pictures taken last year by you, and I assume from the Russian version. I haven't noticed these errors in the English version, with the exception of the trailer problem. That still remains an issue. If I don't buy the light sensor upgrade, my lights will switch on/off. If the upgrade is purchased, you will loose control of your lights. Although in real life the sensor can be manually over-ridden.

Mr luder
05-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Those are old pictures taken last year by you, and I assume from the Russian version. I haven't noticed these errors in the English version, with the exception of the trailer problem. That still remains an issue. If I don't buy the light sensor upgrade, my lights will switch on/off. If the upgrade is purchased, you will loose control of your lights. Although in real life the sensor can be manually over-ridden.

Those Bugs are NOT mentioned on the hotfix changelog, so they MUST remain in the US version.
Also, the Shadowbug is known for like 5 Years, atleast since the first InGame shots have been released you can see those shadow problems.
http://truckpol.cba.pl/tp20100113/large/rnr01.jpg
http://truckpol.cba.pl/tp20100113/large/rnr54.jpg
http://truckpol.cba.pl/tp20100113/large/rnr55.jpg
http://truckpol.cba.pl/tp20100113/large/rnr56.jpg
http://truckpol.cba.pl/tp20100113/large/rnr89.jpg

I've seen screenshots of the US version and there are still shadow problems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glTPLml3h78
So don't talk BS if you don't know anything.

Oh btw, not to mention that insanely unrealistic physics, and don't even dare, i double dare you, to tell me it's realistic. I'am a reallife trucker and i know exactly how a semi trailer do react.
Don't be a new Newton and recreate physics, based on a badly coded game.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand for the last: Wheres the Rus Hotfix?! I bought the damn game and waiting for like Months for a Hotfix fixing the game.

Btw. anyone noticed crashings to 8bit mode?!

USA Trucker
05-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Those Bugs are NOT mentioned on the hotfix changelog, so they MUST remain in the US version.
Also, the Shadowbug is known for like 5 Years, atleast since the first InGame shots have been released you can see those shadow problems.

I've seen screenshots of the US version and there are still shadow problems.
So don't talk BS if you don't know anything.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand for the last: Wheres the Rus Hotfix?! I bought the damn game and waiting for like Months for a Hotfix fixing the game.

Btw. anyone noticed crashings to 8bit mode?!

I seem to recall commenting on this topic with respect. Yet, you seem to insult me. You may have seen screen shots, but do you actually own the English version? If not then as you once said STFU, and talk what you know, and own. There is no reason for your blatant disrespectful attitude. It is only met with the same. Grow up LITTLE BOY. That's why I didn't respond to your last insult. I made a mistake the last time, and I admit it, and chose not to respond, but not this time.

FLN
05-04-2010, 03:03 AM
It is quite common bug but no one seems to report it here, so I post.

Sometimes when engine goes low and high in RPM, it gets no sound.
Someone reported in other forum this bug seems to be occurred and changed after visiting service stations.

Hopefully it could be fixed.

Nike-it
05-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Mr luder one more offtopic or offensive post and you will get a ban and I'll close the whole thread. It is the first and the last warning!

USA Trucker
05-05-2010, 12:28 PM
It is quite common bug but no one seems to report it here, so I post.

Sometimes when engine goes low and high in RPM, it gets no sound.
Someone reported in other forum this bug seems to be occurred and changed after visiting service stations.

Hopefully it could be fixed.

I have not noticed this bug. I did check to make sure after reading your post. Most of the bugs that I see reported, I try to verify on my game. The only sound bug that I can verify is the audio when you get some messages on the CB, and some cut-scene audios. Donnerwetter said that they are in the process of fixing them on Post 14 & 16 of this thread.

Mr luder
05-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Mr luder one more offtopic or offensive post and you will get a ban and I'll close the whole thread. It is the first and the last warning!

You think I really care?!
There is enough people thinkin exactly what I just sayed.
You think I'am offensive? Read other forums about R'n'R, guess you will see really hateful postings about you'r game and their developers.
Guess why we're pissed off? Due we getting ignored by the people that want to sell us a game full of bugs, missed things and they still want more money from us by buying an expansion package. Great deal guys, really.

You just ruined it and now you're too proud to admit it, better ban people saying the truth as telling us what we deserved as customers.
We PAYED YOU! We want answears by YOU, thats what we deserved. Noone of you 1C/Softlab people really care about anything. You ignore reported bugs and ignore that 95% of the people want a simulation instead of arcade racing pos. (Oh, did I cuss?! Guess you ban me now, don't you?)

You really don't want to hear/read what people think of R'n'R since that would ban me right away. People are really pissed off at you and I would feel kinda embarrassed.

Anyone remembered Cronowerx or however they were called?! They failed, but Softlab failed a lot more.

And now, ban me, right away. It's easy to ban me, but hard to handle the truth, isn't it?

USA Trucker
05-05-2010, 05:51 PM
@Mr. Luder,

I don't think it's so much about your complaints, as it is on how you say it, and your reaction toward people that may disagree with you. You tell them (me) to STFU, and are generally insulting. I'm pretty sure that's what Nike-it is referring too.

@Nike-it,

Please don't close this thread because of one individual. There are a lot of good reports here, and Donnerwetter has responded openly, and honestly.

gg14870
05-06-2010, 12:14 AM
[QUOTE=Mr luder;157548]

FYI The hotfix does not fix anything. The problems that the hotfix does fix (2) are negligible compared to other problems the game has. Don't put too much effort into it.

[QUOTE=Mr luder;157548]
You think I really care?!
There is enough people thinkin exactly what I just sayed.
You think I'am offensive? Read other forums about R'n'R, guess you will see really hateful postings about you'r game and their developers.
Guess why we're pissed off? Due we getting ignored by the people that want to sell us a game full of bugs, missed things and they still want more money from us by buying an expansion package. Great deal guys, really.

You just ruined it and now you're too proud to admit it, better ban people saying the truth as telling us what we deserved as customers.
We PAYED YOU! We want answears by YOU, thats what we deserved. Noone of you 1C/Softlab people really care about anything. You ignore reported bugs and ignore that 95% of the people want a simulation instead of arcade racing pos. (Oh, did I cuss?! Guess you ban me now, don't you?)

You really don't want to hear/read what people think of R'n'R since that would ban me right away. People are really pissed off at you and I would feel kinda embarrassed.

Anyone remembered Cronowerx or however they were called?! They failed, but Softlab failed a lot more.

And now, ban me, right away. It's easy to ban me, but hard to handle the truth, isn't it?

I agree with you 100 percent.

USA Trucker
05-06-2010, 06:06 AM
I'm just curious... What version of the game do you have. Sorry I forgot. I know that Mr. Luder has the Russian one.

donnerwetter
05-06-2010, 06:31 AM
Let me clarify.
It seems that Mr. Luder speak about Russian release. USA Trucker obviously play English version of the game.
Development of different language versions is not simultaneous. Obviously English version was in development longer than Russian. Hence discussing Russian version on English forums is not correct: you are speaking about differnt versions of the product.
Despite the fact Russian version was available worldwide, 1C recognize that Russian is not most common tongue on the planet, and has released English version. I guess German version is coming, too.
Another fact is that support for Russian version is separate from support for English version. Because these versions are in different state from the POV of development.
So I guess Mr. Luder should has come to Russian forums, where he would find any information regarding his product.

pook
05-06-2010, 08:44 AM
The first test RNR play the English version. Road 101, Oxnard direction to L.A. continue to San Diego. It is not impossible to pass. I tried it the other side of San Diego to Oxnard. Way 3x invisible walls.

Where is the problem??

I do not have strong PC, but meet the minimum requirements of 100%. Computer configuration analysis table, all the green buttons OK.
I played the Russian version. There was no problem invisible wall or air gap.
RU and EN version of the original purchased!!

En version. 3X reinstal 3x attempt to install the hotfix and no hotfix. Constantly the same problem. Identical location as the millimeter.
I wonder where is the problem. Russian version works normally and ENG version bugs.
I updated approximately 14 days a new version of Java runtime. This problem??
I have installed and activated both versions simultaneously (RU and EN). This problem??
But I do not want to uninstall the version of Ru. That one works:D But I do not understand the Russian language....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhAYOQhU67Q

FLN
05-06-2010, 10:04 AM
I have not noticed this bug. I did check to make sure after reading your post. Most of the bugs that I see reported, I try to verify on my game. The only sound bug that I can verify is the audio when you get some messages on the CB, and some cut-scene audios. Donnerwetter said that they are in the process of fixing them on Post 14 & 16 of this thread.

I see.
I use XP sp3 of Japanese on Core2 CPU 6400 with onboad sound.
The forum someone reported same problem is Japanese one, so it might be possible local matter, but I am not good at PC things so I don't say much about it....

gg14870
05-06-2010, 10:20 AM
I bought the English version. There all a lot of bugs and I have requested a refund, but I figured out how to get around the bugs and the game is very enjoyable now.

This happens to me too. You are just going to have to contact 1C support and keep doing what you are doing until you get an answer.

FLN
05-06-2010, 02:27 PM
I have tried to change sound module and it seems fixed :grin:
Sorry about that:-P

Sorry again, but it was not fixed :(
I don't know why it occurs but may try to seek...

Mr luder
05-06-2010, 05:14 PM
So I guess Mr. Luder should has come to Russian forums, where he would find any information regarding his product.

Uhm, I was lookin around the russian forum about RnR and couldn't find any information for the international customers that bought the russian version, because they couldn't wait since they waited 8 years.

I know there are a lot of international customers, germans, frenchman, dutch, americans, canadians, britains, all of them bought the russian version. and everyone is like "uhh.. wait... i can't read one single word in the russian forum".

Maybe it would be pretty useful to make a sticky overthere where the international customers get answears, in english.

Or just do it here, since I'am not in the mood to register on different forums just to get an anwear to my short little question: when do we get the russian hotfix?!

I'am not a pirate that using antistarforce stuff, I bought the game, and I want answears, I don't care where I get them, I just want them.
It's not like a big suprise that a lot of people bought the russian version, it was kinda clearly as you guys released the game for the russian market. Sure people bought it, since we got paypal, visa and other great stuff for payment. So, why are you guys not able to get your customers some answears here and there?!

USA Trucker
05-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Let me clarify.
Another fact is that support for Russian version is separate from support for English version. Because these versions are in different state from the POV of development.

I would have to agree with Mr. Luder here. Just because many people purchased the Russian version, does not mean they can read/write/speak Russian. For the most part they bought it for a "test drive" type of thing, to see if they like it. So logically they are going to come here to voice their concerns. Wouldn't you? In the early months of the Russian version, I have seen many postings asking for translations, and other types of assistance that the Russian Forum couldn't provide them simply because they can't read Russian.

donnerwetter
05-07-2010, 06:37 AM
Well, Russian version comes with Russian support. You want English support, you buy English version. That's it.

Would you prefer that 1C deny access to Russian version to customers outside Russia?

@Mr. Luder personally, Russian 3.0.1 patch is already available here (http://files.games.1c.ru/rig_n_roll/patches/rnr_ru_update_setup3.0.1.exe). But I strongly recommend you to wait some more time. This patch has 2 major faults which will be hotfixed later today.

I'll make Nike-It or other admin to post a sticky when Russian patch is OK.

USA Trucker
05-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Well, Russian version comes with Russian support. You want English support, you buy English version. That's it.

Would you prefer that 1C deny access to Russian version to customers outside Russia?

That's not it. You're misunderstanding what Mr. Luder, I, and possibly others are trying to say. Don't try to justify your last comments with something like this. It's beneath you. Back then there was no English version. So the people that purchased the Russian game, and don't speak Russian have no other place to go, but here. There are people that speak both Russian, and English that have aided the international community with translation problems, and support. Why was the RnR international community created before the the release of English version in the first place? Obviously for these reasons, and I'm sure others. I have seen Nike-it along with others assist many people that didn't speak a word of Russian with translation problems, and to a large degree support. Even if he had to go to back to his colleagues to do so. You're the only one that seems to have a problem with this rationality.:confused:

Simply put, if you have the Russian version, and don't speak Russian, you have to come here, and THAT'S IT.

Your second comment made no sense to me at all. With comments like these, I'm truly beginning to understand Mr. Luder, and others with their frustrations, and why some of them get out of line.:evil:

donnerwetter
05-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Even when there was only Russian version and was no English one there was no English support for Russian versions.
It is great merit of Nike-it and others who has helped gamers outside of Russia with Russian version of the game. I am personally very grateful to them.

/offtopic
Speaking of support, I have WD MyBook Pro II. It failed recently. There is no WD office in Russia. WD Staff in other countries don't speak Russian. Should I scream and demand support in Russian or maybe there is more productive way of obtain help?
/offtopic

USA Trucker
05-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Even when there was only Russian version and was no English one there was not English support for Russian versions.
It is great merit of Nike-it and others who has helped gamers outside of Russia with Russian version of the game. I am personally very grateful to them.

/offtopic
Speaking of support, I have WD MyBook Pro II. It failed recently. There is no WD office in Russia. WD Staff in other countries don't speak Russian. Should I scream and demand support in Russian or maybe there is more productive way of obtain help?
/offtopic

I can't, and won't speak for anyone else on this particular point. So I'll only answer for myself. I personally would never buy a game in a language I don't understand. I just wait for the English version, as I did with RnR. I don't like to pay for something twice.

On your off-topic comment. The same thing applies. I wouldn't buy a product that didn't support my native language. I usually check a game, or product's support history, or even a forum. If it doesn't fit my criteria, then I just don't get it. I've been lucky in my years of on-line purchases, and have not had some of the problems that others are having with support issues here, but that's just me.

As we are seriously getting off-topic here, and I apologize for myself for it. I won't continue this any further. You're obviously missing the point, and I see no further point in continuing. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

pook
05-07-2010, 11:23 AM
This happens to me too. You are just going to have to contact 1C support and keep doing what you are doing until you get an answer.

How do I solve this problem? Can you be specific? Pls ....

I do not want to contact support 1C. Ever want to argue with 'em into contact. What secret 1C private message? Maybe it will help other people to solve various problems publish it here on the forum. That's what a forum is

Interesting to me that this makes only the English version and Russian version of the patch. Ru version without patch works without any problems.
All other programs I run. I do not want to update something for nothing. Just because this game when my favorite games are working properly.
It is better to work and everything is as it did not work RNR. than if it's vice versa.
Maybe better to do nothing and RNR uninstall and trash the DVD with toxic waste. And the problem is solved:)

donnerwetter
05-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Ok then.

The point about international customers is taken though. I guess there will be a sticky for them soon.

Mr luder
05-07-2010, 06:50 PM

@Mr. Luder personally, Russian 3.0.1 patch is already available here (http://files.games.1c.ru/rig_n_roll/patches/rnr_ru_update_setup3.0.1.exe). But I strongly recommend you to wait some more time. This patch has 2 major faults which will be hotfixed later today.

I'll make Nike-It or other admin to post a sticky when Russian patch is OK.

Thank you, exactly what I was lookin for, an answear for the people who bought the russian game, in plain simple english. I even searched the russian R'n'R page but couldn't find any patch, almost clicked every link on the news page, but there was nothing. Maybe it was too early though.

Anyway, if you say so, I wont apply the patch yet, but waiting for the next one.

A little thread called "Russian Version: Patches", or whatever, would help everyone out, stray around the internet lookin for the patches.

And, no I wont buy the International version too, since the game is just a game to kill some time here and there having some fun and enjoying the (tbh) awesome map.
I'am honestly with you, R'n'R didn't hit what I expected and looked for, for like 8 years.
Would it be exactly what I was lookin for (Simulator with realistic physics - don't bother about the story line, I never cared about the story!) I would definally buy the International version.
I can drive around, I used to have a translation for the settings and that's all I need for driving around.

It's just a game I play if I get bored and don't know what to do.

donnerwetter
05-11-2010, 06:22 AM
Mr. Luder, please check this thread:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14664

Or just click this: http://www.1cfiles.com/RigNRoll/rnr_ru_update_setup3.0.2.exe

veemaxis
05-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Hey guys, I'm Brazilian and new to this fórum.
I love this game and all of it, it was one of the games I expected the most to be released and now I can play it, but one thing I realized that (c'mon huh!?) we gotta accept is that the trailers don't make a corner properly!!!!!

C'mon, even German Truck Simulator, which I guess is less cool than this one, has a better trailer physics!

I mean, when we make a sharper corner like in a crossing intersection or leaving Los Angeles warehouse, the trailer seems to be dragged sideways! I mean, instead of almost making a 90º turn, when it reaches around 60º it starts to slide sideways as if it was stuck in some part of the truck!

Is there a plan to fix such kind of "bug" or make a patch with a better trailer physics?

Thanks you all and keep truckin'...! :cool:

GinXeng
05-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Even HT2 and KOTR had better physics. Heres a video I made a while ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glTPLml3h78

veemaxis
05-26-2010, 10:04 PM
Even HT2 and KOTR had better physics. Heres a video I made a while ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glTPLml3h78

This video shows exactly what I tried to say!
C'mon people, this is the best truck series game I played so far, but this trailer physics makes it a bit of annoying!

As I said, even ETS or GTS has a WAY, and let me say this, WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY better trailer physics.

The graphics may be the best I've seen in a game such as, but this trailer "bug"...

USA Trucker
05-26-2010, 10:21 PM
@Veemaxis,

Yes, as reported by myself, and many others, the correction of the trailer physics could make this game 2, or 3 notches better. Along with traffic lights, stop signs, speed limit postings, etc. This would grab the real truckers enthusiasm, and make it a better game. :cool:

centy2010
05-30-2010, 06:14 PM
>> 3d world leaks. The 3d world is missing or not updated on time. Which cause your truck to fall (no road under your wheels) .I don't know if it's due to video config or due to a game bug. I'm actually trying different settings.
>> crashing the game when entering warehouse. I don't know if it was due to the passenger. But symptoms are : "The main door of the warehouse doesn't open, but your truck enters anyway. Then it gives a graphic bug (No textures on the truck) before the truck textures are re-updated. When you leave the warehouse, The task panel is still showing then the game crash.
>> Crashed my truck in the front of the warehouse entry during a police pursuit.
Game displays my tasks completion while arrested by police. Then graphic bug with no more driver in the pilot seat.
>> The F12 key takes 2 screenshoots at same time instead of one.

Where is the driver
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9611/photo0010ds.jpg (http://img408.imageshack.us/i/photo0010ds.jpg/)
Ok I found you
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/206/photo0004ew.jpg (http://img80.imageshack.us/i/photo0004ew.jpg/)

-- Another bug : Racing System... trucks position are updated when the game load new bunch of textures & models. But then the positions are modified.
-- Sometimes I don't see the competitors.

Here the pictures for the 3D world missing

It's on the Highway between Lebec & Los Angeles.

First : 2 images : Solution - saved the game and loaded the saved game
Second : 2 images : Solution - Waited 3 seconds in front of the 3D world missing hole and it appeared.

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5703/photo0000.jpg (http://img295.imageshack.us/i/photo0000.jpg/)
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/7067/photo0002m.jpg (http://img229.imageshack.us/i/photo0002m.jpg/)

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8606/photo0003ro.jpg (http://img38.imageshack.us/i/photo0003ro.jpg/)
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7533/photo0004h.jpg (http://img405.imageshack.us/i/photo0004h.jpg/)

==> Ok... It's better to make a list of weak 3D points in the game cause I've now installed Tweaked drivers for my 3D Gfx card. It's not a problem of settings cause I can play even with all settings at their lowest or at their max.

Actually, I've met 4 spots where I got problems and these spots are all between Lebec & Los-Angeles. I didn't met any other 3D problem elsewhere. (but I've only the first branch.)
3 spots are 3D not loaded area. Now when I met these 3 spots, I can press the Pause Key and textures are loaded before the GAME PAUSED appear.
1 spot is very special : I will try to have screenshot but it's not the first time I drove my way there and it happened every time. It's like an invisible WALL in the middle of the highway. My truck is stuck in this wall

stummer
08-02-2010, 10:34 AM
I have the same issues in my German version. VERY ANNOYING!

Nuclear Cat
08-05-2010, 05:51 PM
I have the same issues too. English CD version.

Athlon 64 3700+
2gb RAM
8500GT 512mb
XP

USA Trucker
08-05-2010, 05:53 PM
I have the same issues too. English CD version.

Athlon 64 3700+
2gb RAM
8500GT 512mb
XP

What's your CPU speed?

Nuclear Cat
08-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Ah yes - 2.2Ghz

USA Trucker
08-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Ah yes - 2.2Ghz

There lies your problem. The game requires a minimal CPU speed of 2.4GHz. You may get it to work, but far from getting the full benefit, and enjoyment.

Nuclear Cat
08-05-2010, 09:24 PM
There lies your problem. The game requires a minimal CPU speed of 2.4GHz. You may get it to work, but far from getting the full benefit, and enjoyment.

I have to concede you are right - it is 2.4Ghz, I guess I didnt read the box properly when I bought it. Though quite why as goes installation it said it was ok and met min specs I dont know.

I still argue however that failing to meet minimum specs would cause the game to struggle to run altogether, not to cause a fault in a specific place. Say for example if you had a car with a low performance - it would struggle to go up all hills - not race up all hills, but one - to fail on one specific hill that is not as steep as others would seem a little strange would it not.

tbh - I'd like the devs to explain this one.

I'm not arguing with you however - I realise my CPU speed doesnt meet reqs, but the point is, is that it works completely fine, with much traffic, but in that one place it completely fails - just like centy has shown in his pics.
I will play again, if only to drive everywhere and find if this problem occurs elsewhere on the map. It just doesnt make sense. Will update (when I can).

USA Trucker
08-05-2010, 09:35 PM
I know of a few games that don't run well on minimal specs. That's why I never purchase a game using it. I always get a game using the recommended specs. For the life of me, I'll never understand why minimal is even listed. It gives the purchaser a false sense of security, and I find it to be a bit deceptive no matter who the publisher is. This game in particular runs poorly on the minimal specs. I know this because I installed it on my old computer very similar to your specs, and the bugs were endless like everyone else reported.

Nuclear Cat
08-05-2010, 10:05 PM
XP Pro
Athlon 64 3500+
Geforce 6800 GT 256 Mb
Ram 2 Go
SB Live!

OK, so centy and I have similar specs (and both have the disappearing world bug (but only in one place).

My spec is:
Athlon 64 3700+ 2.2Ghz (centy's will be similar to 2.2)
8500GT 512mb
2gb ram
XP

Interesting point here. Though I still doubt it has to do with processor performance, because if it would be entirely due to processor performance it would happen in many places (not just one spot on the entire map).
I will set the graphics to lowest res & settings, with no traffic and see if there is a difference, but I suspect not. Then try in the opposite direction - if the processor is to blame the same problem should occur elsewhere.

I do note with interest however, the min req spec is unbalanced - CPU needs 2.4Ghz (which many current pc's fail to match), yet the rest of the min reqs are very, very low - 1gb RAM, and a 5700 nvidia! That is like (at least) 4 year old tech. Very bizarre.

But as I say - my pc works completely fine with it, unless I drive from Lebec to LA. Then it fails.

However, I've not reported endless bugs - I've reported one. I've also said that the game works fine (with traffic etc) with the exception of the one fault with the missing world (in one spot on the map). That one wrecks the game. I do not believe that this error is caused by the processor. Is there a techie around who could explain why this would happen?

NB: There were no recommended specs on the box.

USA Trucker
08-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Your video card is better, and could explain your overall performance. I have not personally seen this error on my computer. Also check out the system specs on 1C's Home page for RnR. The recommended specs are listed there.

Eggtooth
08-21-2010, 08:34 AM
When it's raining i'm only see small drops on the window and i don't need to use wipers at all.. If it's rain stronger, i got the same.

Screen: http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/7897/bugh.jpg

Screen 2: http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/229/photo0001ir.jpg

Strange. I am getting only this. There is 5 April 2014 in game. No serious rain?

I wanna rain like this one :( :

http://www.1cpublishing.eu/data/games/31/4065_Rig_n_Roll_02.jpg

Maxed settings. This is not video card limitation.

PC.
Core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz
3GB RAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB.

If this is bug, i'm gonna sell this game... Because it's a big joke... I thought that game has less glitches... But it has more and more.

@EDIT: tried Fast delivery mode. Well, i think it needs to rain stronger... In beggining of the rain i see something like this. I hope i will see rain like this soon. I got 1 May 2014 in game.

Lolsmurf
08-21-2010, 12:28 PM
download the rain mod, it gives a whole difference ! (check modifications)

Eggtooth
08-21-2010, 04:50 PM
thanks! looks more realistic. Very last question: it's possible to make something like mod that adds rain on side windows?

BleDrajor
08-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Never saw such a mod. The only truck that has rain on its side windows is the Titan Alpine (Kenworth T2000).

I'm wondering that the Freightliner Classic has no rain on all of its windows and that it wasn't fixed with the patch...

Kibble
08-29-2010, 07:43 AM
i never got these problems. maybe its because my pc is a monster

maros1032
01-18-2011, 06:01 PM
i have a big problem.When i end the main story(catch bandits,and crane).I cant get any trailers in warehouses.I went into warehouse and i see warning "do you want end current track".I cant click YES, i can only click NO.Someone know how to repair this? :(

oguzpasa
01-25-2011, 09:01 PM
i was taking orders till my last transport then i did a quest called ''save the girl'' and now cant take any order.i went to oxnard warehouse still cant take anything all warehouse says the same thing ''You have an order....'' but i dont have any order. here is the pic.s ...

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/9614/photo0001u.jpg

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/6410/photo0000m.jpg

USA Trucker
01-25-2011, 09:09 PM
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

This is a known bug issue. For the most part, it happens rarely, and nobody seems to know why.

Please read the forum stickies, and topics before you post. Just about everything is covered in any sticky. You just have to look, and post them where they are discussed.;)

oguzpasa
01-25-2011, 09:34 PM
sorry for wrong post...
about my issue u mean i have to start from the beginning now???

USA Trucker
01-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Yes, and a good way to avoid this is to not take on too many side mission loads. Sometimes when the time expires it will remain as an active load for whatever reason we still don’t know. Thus far I have never experienced it, but I know a few that did, and they say this approach seems to work avoiding it in the future. I saw some of your loads that could possibly fall into this category.

gameking47
01-26-2011, 01:11 AM
Are you able to click No in the window that said "You already have a order. Do you still plan to complete it?" as shown in picture 2?

Igi_PL
12-12-2011, 06:49 PM
Hi all.

sorry for wrong post...
about my issue u mean i have to start from the beginning now???

@oguzpasa - I think, you don't have to start from the beginning.

I had a similar problem. Looks like a loop of orders. I found a workaround, but from the beginning:

1. I started the race.
2. On the way to the finish line I accepted the side mission.
3. I took a semi-trailer for side mission.
4. I got to the race finish line (all times with semi-trailer). I won the race :)
5. The side mission also has been completed.
6. Then there was the problem with new orders.

Workaround:

I returned to the warehouse, which was the finish for the race. Again I saw the information that I won. However, after some time, in the journal, there was an entry that I lost the race. Never mind the race, I can accept orders again :)

USA Trucker
12-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Hello & Wecome to the forum. ;)

In his particular case he had to start over, or restart his last saved game. However, that was an issue almost a year ago, and has since been resolved. Let's try to stay current. ;)

His mission was completely different. Save the Girl mission, you lose your current load, and frequently plays havoc.

Igi_PL
12-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Oops, my fault. I did not read carefully.

USA Trucker
12-12-2011, 08:35 PM
No harm done. Most bugs have been reported at one time or another. The game is old, and no updates are forthcoming. You may find some new unreported bugs, but not likely. :)

centy2010
02-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Here are 3 bugs I've found.

(These are not really bugs but it can make the game more realistic if corrected)

1) In any warehouse, the trailer elevator is always reflected as empty on the Truck cab.
2) The shadows are only generated by one light source (Sun or Moon). The lights of the truck don't affect the so-generated shadow
3) The lights of the truck remove stars in the skybox.

USA Trucker
02-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Bug reporting is now a mute issue. I know you've been away for a while, but the Devs have jumped ship to another company, and any errors, patches, or updates, are a futile point to make. ;)

bigred42091
04-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Yea I found a problem, well I know tires wear on this game so when I go to fix them at a repair shop they will get fixed. But after the first 100 feet they go to crap then I can barely move or steer, i go back to the shop, another $1000 repair bill for the tires. I fix them again, start driving then they wear fully down again. Is there a way of changing that?

Sneaksie
04-16-2013, 07:33 AM
Yea I found a problem, well I know tires wear on this game so when I go to fix them at a repair shop they will get fixed. But after the first 100 feet they go to crap then I can barely move or steer, i go back to the shop, another $1000 repair bill for the tires. I fix them again, start driving then they wear fully down again. Is there a way of changing that?

Yes, there is a way. Just buy the game and stop using a pirated version.

USA Trucker
04-23-2013, 02:59 AM
I agree, seems being that this issue was resolved long ago with the "Hotfix", and the last updated version. :rolleyes: