PDA

View Full Version : Need help on adding ships to sw3!

yellowstar
04-25-2010, 01:22 AM
Ok, I have follow the instruction on how to modify ships such as butcher and it's really work, but when I add new ships such as Excalibur_pl1 in carcasses, and I do modified the FloodTradeStations and InitTradeSystem to make it sell in market, but nothing happen, so can someone help me with following questions?Thanks a lot!

1, if I want add a minor modified version of exist ship and make it sell in market, do I only need to modify carcaess, InitTradeSystem, and FloodTradeStations?

2,if I want to add guns and equipment slots, am I also need to modify the imd file to add slot id ,the interface file to make it equipable, please make a list on which file I need to change, and how, thank you!

Nanaki
04-25-2010, 08:20 PM
I highly recommend you make backups incase you screw something up, and chances are, you will.

I also highly recommend you read some of the threads in this forum, which pertain to modding. They may already answer some of the more complex questions you may have.

1, if I want add a minor modified version of exist ship and make it sell in market, do I only need to modify carcaess, InitTradeSystem, and FloodTradeStations?

The most confusing bit about the FloodTradeStations and INitTradeSystem scripts are the tables. Specifically, if you are not familiar with tables you could be screwing them up.

In addition, I highly recommend you start a new game after making massive mod changes. Some problems can result from trying to mod a game than loading old saves.

2,if I want to add guns and equipment slots, am I also need to modify the imd file to add slot id ,the interface file to make it equipable, please make a list on which file I need to change, and how, thank you!

IMD file needs an little app called IMD editor. Available here: http://freenet-homepage.de/allaway/star_wolves/index_english.html

Interface file and Carcass file can be edited with notepad. I recommend notepad especially for XML Files because, for some odd reason, every XML editor I have tried with Star Wolves XML files end up screwing things up somehow.

yellowstar
04-26-2010, 01:16 AM
thank you! I will read those thread again carefully and try my luck.

Florio
04-26-2010, 08:46 AM
that's true, do only use notepad and save to ANSI otherwise it will breakup the encoding and the game will crush

Goblin Wizard
04-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Try notepad2 (http://www.flos-freeware.ch/notepad2.html). It's better than windows notepad and has syntax highlighting (really helpful). You can try notepad++ too. I prefer notepad2 because of some features and keyboard shortcuts that notepad++ doesn't have.

Trucidation
05-26-2010, 03:41 AM
Anyone want to take a stab at adding the alien fighter? The very thin armor and pathetic attack capability balances out the system slots, and it's not even that fast, maneuverable, or have the scanner range of most high-end ships. I wonder how fast it can fly if you stack 6 Mustangs in that thing and have a pilot with increased engine tuning skill...

Might be interesting to have these on sale in the border sectors (like Hope Station @ X297?)