PDA

View Full Version : We need a give up button in MP

randale
04-24-2010, 05:19 PM
We need a give up button. a team must have the opion to give up the game! it s borring everytime to search for the last soldier. that the game will end. So plz make a give up button in the next patch! the communty will ty!

SpeedWolf
04-27-2010, 11:40 AM
why make something like that, is will not be fair to all the players,

if you want to give up just exit and wait in the lobby is the same as giving up.

for me what the game need in MP is a option when someone get out too early in the game is for some new player to take it place so the game is 4vs4 not 2vs4 etc.

KnightFandragon
04-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Speedwolf, would be kinda nice but what happens when the new person joins? Wouldnt they start w/ thier full supply of 450 points or w/e meanwhile the rest of the people are all low or out of points from 30 minutes of hardcore killing and the new person would have an advantage over the rest. Its kinda like a whole new fresh division showing up on your doorstep after you've fired all your ammo, lost half your squad and now you have a whole new problem to deal with. So good idea but it would need some work to make it playable. I think the new person would come in and steam roll the rest b/c they have full power while the rest are prolly sitting there with a broken tank, a few men and no points to replace anything

SpeedWolf
04-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Speedwolf, would be kinda nice but what happens when the new person joins? Wouldnt they start w/ thier full supply of 450 points or w/e meanwhile the rest of the people are all low or out of points from 30 minutes of hardcore killing and the new person would have an advantage over the rest. Its kinda like a whole new fresh division showing up on your doorstep after you've fired all your ammo, lost half your squad and now you have a whole new problem to deal with. So good idea but it would need some work to make it playable. I think the new person would come in and steam roll the rest b/c they have full power while the rest are prolly sitting there with a broken tank, a few men and no points to replace anything

you get the wrong idea what i was saying that when someone exited to early a new player takeover the same units and points that was from the previous player who exited early.

so for example the player have 10 units and 50 points but he or she exited the game early, the next player that join the game takeover the same 10 units and get the same 50 points.

and is also up to all the player to vote yes before a new player can takeover.

or one more example let say the game is set for 30 min and someone exited and you want to join in but you only have a 5 or 10 min window before is closes.

ozkap
05-15-2010, 03:26 PM
I like the idea of giving up, every teamplayer on one team has to click that button to end the game. Thus reducing the wait time during last 5-10 min to kills last remaining troops.

KnightFandragon
05-15-2010, 06:25 PM
you get the wrong idea what i was saying that when someone exited to early a new player takeover the same units and points that was from the previous player who exited early.

so for example the player have 10 units and 50 points but he or she exited the game early, the next player that join the game takeover the same 10 units and get the same 50 points.

and is also up to all the player to vote yes before a new player can takeover.

or one more example let say the game is set for 30 min and someone exited and you want to join in but you only have a 5 or 10 min window before is closes.

Very well, now it all makes sense =D

brit67
05-25-2010, 09:35 AM
I like the idea of giving up, every teamplayer on one team has to click that button to end the game. Thus reducing the wait time during last 5-10 min to kills last remaining troops.

You would still get the one who keeps spawning tankmen for 15 minutes instead of pressing the button.

Shaban
06-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Maybe reveal last (for example) 10 units from enemy team?
but reveals last units after 10 mins passed from start of game,so it doesnt reveal units on start of game,and reveal them just if you have LESS than ex. 10 units.
Its a bit confusing but i think you will understand. :)

Parkaboy
06-20-2010, 05:34 PM
I thought that the other day, but mostly I think its due to people not setting the right time limit.

40 mins is way too long as most games tend to be decided and all but over in 25 mins and that's why people quit.

Korsakov829
06-20-2010, 06:00 PM
I thought that the other day, but mostly I think its due to people not setting the right time limit.

40 mins is way too long as most games tend to be decided and all but over in 25 mins and that's why people quit.

My games last past 60 minutes often so I set it to 90 depending on the mode and expected number of players.

Parkaboy
06-21-2010, 12:28 AM
Maybe you should spend less time picking your nose then and more time microing :P

Putting the game time to 90 mins is ridiculous for many reason I cannot be bothered to write because you should be able to figure them out yourself.

I've only quit out of two games one in which I mentioned the fact that the teams were completely unbalanced and there really was no point in playing and a game of combat mod that seems to be very popular, but completely dull. Buy tanks and sit back yay!

But whether you play 60 or 90 min games that is the reason people quit games once one side gets trenched in and the other side have has spent 15 mins and tons of points banging their heads against the "wall" what is the point to sit around getting killed for the next 25mins.

Korsakov829
06-21-2010, 01:50 AM
I'm a person with no life. I use that first 40 minutes of the game making 5 squads of tank crewmen, I charge T29s with flame throwers for fun. The only time I leave a game is when I lose power to my house or a wire falls out of the wall.

I don't see whats so boring about combat. Guy charges my tank line and I get to watch explosion after explosion. I'll set a MG in a window on 1vs1 infantry, my guy runs out of ammo and by then the enemy is out of points. Men of War is too fun, how can you like RTS games but become bored by this game?

Parkaboy
06-22-2010, 05:54 PM
It's pretty much how battles/fights are won in real life one side gets demoralized and quits. Some people play to win while others just play for the fun and winning is a bonus.

It would be nice to have a bigger indicator when people quit as in the heat of battle its easy to miss and I've often been left the last person on my side without realizing hehe.

Korsakov829
06-23-2010, 11:47 AM
It's pretty much how battles/fights are won in real life one side gets demoralized and quits. Some people play to win while others just play for the fun and winning is a bonus.

It would be nice to have a bigger indicator when people quit as in the heat of battle its easy to miss and I've often been left the last person on my side without realizing hehe.

I got stuck in a 1vs8 like that.