PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Cleaners 2 / Planet Alcatraz 2 fan translation

satko
04-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Hello guys!

After some investigations and contacts with russian collegues I found out a way to translate interface and dialogs in Planet Alcatraz 2 / Dungeon Cleaners 2.

Cuting long story short:
Majority of texts are located in .csv files packed in .pak and .bm files.
After unpacking some .pak files using dcxtract utility I opened them with openoffice calc and translated with google translate.

Then you can pack back just those translated csv files in, let's say, media99.bm file and place it in game root directory (mediaxx.bm files are overiding main pak files and are used for paching purposes by developers)

version pre alfa 0.1 below
- first dialog of game (with Leutnant Hook)
- part of interface in-game and character sheet/creation

Installation -
Just place media99.bm file in your game root directory (where sp2.exe is located).

Cheers
Slawek

satko
04-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Sorry, forgot about file

persoiranian
04-23-2010, 03:33 PM
WHAT?? wow...now even if 1c dont want to publish the game we have no problem playing it.
THANK YOU THANK YOU keep up the good work,
where can i buy the russian version of the game?

Froelich
05-24-2010, 03:57 AM
Using Chrome to translate the russian text you can pay via CC and then download the game from the IC online site

cheers

hyundai
06-14-2010, 01:04 AM
hi, and thx for this trick and trad, but is possible you can share the tool dcxtract plz i want make french translation for this game.

Gargantou
07-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Wow, people are truly desperate to play this if they're willing to play it with a Google automated translation, which I might add will be FILLED with erroneous translations.

I do find it a bit silly to call this a fan translation since within the general gaming community a fan translation is what is considered when the fans actually make the translation themselves(And a good one at that, which you can't come close to with Google translate, heck you can't even come close to an average one)

But but, to each his own I guess.

xxl2damax
08-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Hi there, i`m a new member, despite other opinions, i liked Planet Alcatraz / Dungeon Cleaners / Sanytary, the game had potential, but if you don`t have a big firm behind... its hard to make a polished gamed.

I`m a big fun of 1C company, i`ve baught games like soldiers heroes of ww2, faces of war, Planet Alcatraz, A Fare Well To The Dragons (great inspiration from Arcanum of steamworks and magic obscura, but again unfinished), Space Wolfs 1 and 2.

But, after playing Planet Alcatraz, i was quite interested in the sequel, and i was a bit disappointed about the russian version only.

In conclusion, people that appreciate a bit more complex games are "desperate" to play the sequel.

Thanks for the effort.

jclampy
11-08-2015, 01:12 AM
I just bought this game on Steam.

I put the fmedia99.bm file into games root folder where the sp2.exe is but I am not noticing any difference. Shouldn't the main menu appear in English?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.