PDA

View Full Version : regarding bans

Crni vuk
04-21-2010, 10:13 AM
I am not here to complain about any ban in particular just the whole system as its in use right now.

While I can see the reason for removing players even if its just for a short time I find the situation how its applied not all to helpfull and a bit unfair regarding consumers.

Why ? Well first ist you have no clue actualy "why" and "for how long" you experience a ban. For people that eventualy cant remember what they did (yes such things happen) it would be good to know exactly for what they receive a ban and most important where they can check it. I can only talk about my own experience but the first moment that I got was "hell someone hacked my account/CD key!" as I have heard fro such situations regarding steam and other games. Even when it seems to be quite rare. But you never know.

It was more just considence while searching in google that I found this forum with the ban list and a reason for it. Men of War isnt the most popular strategy game out there and I am sure working on a game isnt a easy thing but it should be at least possible to apply some automatic e-mail system eventualy where the admin in charge of the ban has to at least type a short reason for it or gets some check-box, with a few reasons. That way players would at least KNOW for certain what kind of action has lead to the situation. So just as something to eventualy consider for future games :grin:

On the other side regarding swearing in particular. I play a lot of shooters as well some with more others with less realism. And there servers have many times own rules which you have to follow. If you brake those rules there are certain measures you have to face. If they dont allow swearing on their server thats OK. No big deal. They make their rules usualy visible to everyone so you know what youre up to before you join the game.

But I cant remember (and please feel free to correct me here if I am wrong) to ever sign anything that mentions swearing in the chat loby or game to be a problem. Particiularly when you do NOT engage another player. I do not question a "we do not tolerate fool langauge/insults" policy but as consumer I would love it at least to KNOW about it BEFORE I join a public game and chatroom that you can get removed from the game for the act of swearing (regardles if you just curse or attack another player verbaly). Just for correctness. Cause serously who of us did NOT got ever in a situation be it real or in a game where a F*** was coming out of the keyboard or mouth ;)

For future games a simple notification you have to sign that would inform you about the possibilty to receive a ban for swearing would lead probably to a lot less bans in the future and at lot less confussion among players. This (we) are your paying consumers afterall. :)

Zeke Wolff
04-21-2010, 04:04 PM
If I ainĀ“t remembering it wrongly now (it was a while since I last played a MP battle though), so is the rules written at the top of the message window in the chat lobby. Unfortunately these rules quickly disappear out of view when messages starts to appear.

Regarding your idea of a automatic email, sounds quite good in my ears as well. That would save a lot of work regarding having to reply to all these "Why am I banned?" questions! :D

//Zeke Wolff, Moderator.

Crni vuk
04-21-2010, 08:17 PM
well for the next game a short check box for the player giving him a notification that swearing might lead to a temporary or permanent ban would maybe help as well. You know something comparable to the licence agreement when you install a game just that this notitification apears only when you enter the online gaming for the first time. Just some idea though :grin: