PDA

View Full Version : Problems Modding the lion (mk2)

gabriel_braun
04-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone can point out what i'm doing wrong here:

I've been modding sw for a while now and havent had any problems really except for difficulties early on. My latest endevour was to mod the lion mk2 (the one trump gives you before the freeplay opportunity) and initial results were fine. I changed the mesh and slots file to be the venerable stone arrow, and it worked fine for a short while. The stone arrow jumped in, I jumped out with it, went to a station and fitted her then saved. When I reloaded the game however, the mesh had somehow reverted to the lion with a messed up slots window, and jumping through a gate produces a ctd...

Does anyone have a clue where the game is getting the old mesh from as it shouldnt be re-appearing?

Goblin Wizard
04-18-2010, 05:35 PM
Have you checked the log? What type of errors do you get? If you get CTD it will surely be something in the log. If you don't know what's wrong paste errors here. We'll try to help.

gabriel_braun
04-19-2010, 04:26 AM
Thanks goblin, I've started a new game again with my changes, hopefully it'll work this time!

I'm thinking that the problem occured in that I had the lmk2 spawned before (map spawn) before the trigger loaded it and was using that as the basis of my lmk2 modding... No problems modding any of the other end-game ms's so it has to be a problem with the lmk2 mod and it reverting back to the original spawn and the original spawn not having the right slots I had in my modded slots file :/

Anyway, on an unrelated matter do you mind if I ask you how you manage to add GKguns to anything in the imd editor? At the moment I've got a .ref with nothing but a BIGgun ref, then exporting it, then using np++ to change it to GKgun then importing it in imd with ADD... From there I change the values and duplicate accoring to my mesh, but it seems like a long way around! If any of you know a simpler way please share!

ethailia
04-19-2010, 05:55 AM
open a file that has a gkgun in it , then highlight that ref , then export that ref then u should have a file in your directory (same one main file is from) called gkgun.ref , next open file u want to have one in and import/add option . then move gun to desired location like u would any other ref or if u want u can use mine , these are gkgun.ref and gkturret.ref both ready for import.