PDA

View Full Version : Game Speed Multiplier Bugged??

ethailia
04-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Does anyone have a x8 speed selection that works ? Mine only works for about 2s then it kicks down to x4 saying I have insufficient resources. Not sure what that means, my pc is way over recomended specs and ive not seen any in game resource that has an effect on game speed (the multiplier buttons anyway:)....

Goblin Wizard
04-11-2010, 10:50 PM
I don't know what resources are mentioned too, but 8X works for me most of the time ("most" means about 2/3;)) . An exception is when the system is overcrowded or battles are going on. Generally, if to many ships get into scanner range speed drops to 4X. My comp is about 2 years old so nothing special.
---------- EDIT---------
A little hint that I've found in the russian 1.1 patch descrition. "Implemented the acceleration time of 8. With the lack of performance mode automatically turns off."
"performance mode" - probably that in windows settings. Maybe this will help you.

Killer
04-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Sometimes it works, sometimes I have my screen full of Not enough resources for 8x. It is becoming really, really annoying. I usually end up by clicking ] like an idiot so it goes to 8x almost immediately. I wish someone told be, which resources are missing. My PC is an average one built on November 2007, Core 2 Duo E6570, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9800GT a and Win XP 32bit.

FerretStyle
04-12-2010, 11:41 AM
The game is a poor judge of how well it can handle 8x speed. My computer runs at 8x perfectly fine but constantly ticks down to 4x speed with this lame message.

I spam the button rapidly and it stays at 8x as long as I keep hitting it, but this is a really obnoxious workaround.

ethailia
04-12-2010, 11:49 AM
So the thing to do now is figure out where the game checks resources and turn the requirments down , or off

Goblin Wizard
04-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Resources check is located in exe, no easy solution.

Nanaki
04-12-2010, 01:16 PM
I believe the resources check was added in because a vast majority of the instability of Star Wolves 2 was that 8x accelleration drew more resources than the program could handle.

Rastix
04-12-2010, 05:05 PM
instability of Star Wolves 2 was that 8x accelleration drew more resources than the program could handle.

There is no such mode in SW2:-P

When the fps drops below 60 the 8x turns off otherwise the game AI become "unstable" due to the lack of cpu time :(