PDA

View Full Version : Why do we even post

Novotny
04-11-2010, 01:33 AM
Lately, I've learnt that actually Oleg set this forum up so he could learn. Learn how on earth to make this whole flying-game thing work. It's been obvious from the posts flying about the place that actually Oleg knows nothing: that whole il-2 thing was luck and it's the forum posters that really know how to make an accurate sim out of this bloody mess that Oleg created.

Let's consider our posters:

80% of the posts on this forum are from expert flight simulation staff, with untold years of experience in producing tip-top, exacting simulations. I'm personally surprised they spend so much time and effort giving away such perfect information. I can only conclude that they are so far ahead with their own particular flight simulators that they can afford to give away these secrets. I am in awe of these people.

The other 20% apologise, however their particular expertise has been hard-won in those conventional flight sims, aeroplanes. Each and every one of them has a kill in a prop-driven bird to their name. These people have also helped point out how shit Oleg's work is but in a different way to how our first group said how shit it was.

You may look up.

Please help Oleg. Make post after post about how this or that is incorrect. Please also assume that what you have gleaned in your spare time - your hobby - may never have come to light previously for Oleg as he and his team work at it, 9-5 every day.

I'd like to have a go at the realists too, but I'm out of steam. Tomorrow, if this post was appreciated.

Feathered_IV
04-11-2010, 01:39 AM
I think you might have the wrong end of the stick mate.

Feathered_IV
04-11-2010, 02:10 AM
Bah! Fell for it. :-P

Novotny
04-11-2010, 02:46 AM
;)

Avimimus
04-11-2010, 03:00 AM
Bah, and you said you weren't in a celebratory mood!

(plenty to celebrate, not all of it good)...

Novotny
04-11-2010, 03:16 AM
no, the post i made in reply to your thread ended up as a rant. Thought it best to delete and, well, make my own ranty thread. :)

choctaw111
04-11-2010, 11:58 AM
This must the be the most blatantly obvious trolling thread I have ever seen :)

kristorf
04-11-2010, 03:01 PM
This must the be the most blatantly obvious trolling thread I have ever seen :)

Hell yes, keep it up mate.......

the Dutchman
04-11-2010, 03:02 PM
So it's all our fault,eh?:rolleyes:

Stranzki
04-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Irony is a fine thing but doesn't work in the internet - at least if the <irony></irony> tags are missing. Most people don't even get in real life ;)

Novotny
04-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Hi all, sorry for my attempt at humour whilst really, really drunk.

You can tell I was pissed, it doesn't even make sense - the topic, for example, has nothing to do with the joke.

Anyways, thankfully it was understood for what it was, a poke at our more self-regarding community members :)

Here's to a more appreciative society :D

the Dutchman
04-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Heheheheheh........i did that sometimes,but there is truth in what you say,and having to wait for years for something,does tend to make people grumpy..........:mrgreen:

TheGrunch
04-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Most Americans don't even get it in real life ;)

Fixed that for you. ;)

AdMan
04-12-2010, 07:38 PM
ban this faggot

Revvin
04-13-2010, 10:51 PM
Hi all, sorry for my attempt at humour whilst really, really drunk.

You can tell I was pissed, it doesn't even make sense - the topic, for example, has nothing to do with the joke.

Anyways, thankfully it was understood for what it was, a poke at our more self-regarding community members :)

Here's to a more appreciative society :D

I thought it was a pretty good impression of Stiglr :)

MD_Titus
04-17-2010, 11:13 AM
Lately, I've learnt that actually Oleg set this forum up so he could learn. Learn how on earth to make this whole flying-game thing work. It's been obvious from the posts flying about the place that actually Oleg knows nothing: that whole il-2 thing was luck and it's the forum posters that really know how to make an accurate sim out of this bloody mess that Oleg created.

Let's consider our posters:

80% of the posts on this forum are from expert flight simulation staff, with untold years of experience in producing tip-top, exacting simulations. I'm personally surprised they spend so much time and effort giving away such perfect information. I can only conclude that they are so far ahead with their own particular flight simulators that they can afford to give away these secrets. I am in awe of these people.

The other 20% apologise, however their particular expertise has been hard-won in those conventional flight sims, aeroplanes. Each and every one of them has a kill in a prop-driven bird to their name. These people have also helped point out how shit Oleg's work is but in a different way to how our first group said how shit it was.

You may look up.

Please help Oleg. Make post after post about how this or that is incorrect. Please also assume that what you have gleaned in your spare time - your hobby - may never have come to light previously for Oleg as he and his team work at it, 9-5 every day.

I'd like to have a go at the realists too, but I'm out of steam. Tomorrow, if this post was appreciated.

gave me a chuckle, cheers.