PDA

View Full Version : Which Patch 1.7 for Eurogamer's GetGames download version?

AJ888
04-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Just purchased the game from Eurogamer's GetGame.
The version is: 1.6.4
Build: 34.387

So which patch should be used to update it to version 1.7? or at least 1.6.5?

I tried both the GamersGate patch version and the 1C publishing version. On both patch attempts, the update completes successfully, but starting the game now requests a CD/DVD. Luckily I could reinstall the game and go back to version 1.6.4, but many gameplay issues were resolved in version 1.6.5, so I'd at least like to get it to that version...

Any help would be appreciated!

Nike-it
04-12-2010, 06:08 AM
Just purchased the game from Eurogamer's GetGame.
The version is: 1.6.4
Build: 34.387

So which patch should be used to update it to version 1.7? or at least 1.6.5?

I tried both the GamersGate patch version and the 1C publishing version. On both patch attempts, the update completes successfully, but starting the game now requests a CD/DVD. Luckily I could reinstall the game and go back to version 1.6.4, but many gameplay issues were resolved in version 1.6.5, so I'd at least like to get it to that version...

Any help would be appreciated!

Use this patch:
http://1cfiles.com/KBLegend/steam_17.exe

AJ888
04-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Use this patch:
http://1cfiles.com/KBLegend/steam_17.exe

Nike-It,

Just tried it the steam_17.exe patch version. Unfortunately, it didn't work.
After the patch ran and provided a message that it installed correctly, I tried running King's Bounty: The Legend.
I immediately get the following error message in a box and the game refuses to run.

Steam Error

Application Load Error
5:00000065434

I'm guessing that that version of the patch is specific for versions of King's Bounty that use Steam's download application. The Eurogamer's GetGames version does not use the Steam system. Instead, you download the game after payment. When the download completes, you use your GetGames account info to activate it. It sounds very similar to the GamersGate set-up for activation. Unfortunately, there must be some slight differences between the GetGames and the GamersGate version, because their patch didn't work.

Looks like I'm going to have to uninstall and reinstall King's Bounty: The Legend once again to get it back to version 1.6.4

Thanks for your help though, and I'm open to any other suggestions you might have,
AJ888

Nike-it
04-13-2010, 05:20 AM
I'll ask our support team for solution, the result is pretty strange, as the Get Game version is the same as used in Steam.

AJ888
04-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Thanks for all your help with this, Nike-It!

From what I can figure, there must be some portion of Valve's STEAM Distribution Application built into that particular patch. It makes sense, because you wouldn't want the program's patching process to undo the digital rights management/copy protection scheme.

From a developer's standpoint, this really has to be a nightmare, because it seems that a different patch is needed for every protection scheme. It would be ideal if these protection schemes could develop some sort of common plug-in interface like Microsoft's DirectX did for audio, video, and input devices. The developers could create a single version of the application's patch, and the copy protection could be applied later as a separate executable.

AJ888
04-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Hello Nike-It,

Any updates/news on a 1.7 Patch for the GetGames version of King's Bounty: The Legend yet???
Thanks!

Nike-it
04-26-2010, 05:26 AM
The correct patch will be available during this week. will post it in theis thread as soon as it available.

Nike-it
04-30-2010, 08:20 AM
Try this one, seems it should be compatible with your version: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=4947

AJ888
04-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Nike-It,

I just tried it, and yes, it appears to work for the Get Games (Eurogamer) version!
The game loaded normally and the main screen reports:

Version 1.7
Build 35.234

Once again, thanks for all your assistance with this!
Best regards,
AJ