PDA

View Full Version : Stupid

Omega
04-10-2010, 11:25 AM
I've been playing this game for 2 days now and really enjoying it as im a huge fan of this type of game, but now every time I try and reload my game it'll either crash before it finishes loading or after loading another saved game it CTD when I go to leave the area, i've put that folder on read only (the one that was suggested, BMP or something) and have the most recent unoffical patch. The only question I have is why have they been able to release a broken game? Surely they had quality assurance programmers and testers that have turned around and said "look, this bit doesn't work" and I can only imagine they've said "meh.." and got on with it. If you want people to pay money for something you've worked on, at least make it something that doesn't turn to shit after so many hours of playing it. I'm going to contact the quality assurance agency and complain about your lack of patching up a broken bit of software that you expect people to pay for.

Redjac
04-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Myself I have to delete and reload the game every 5 hours of gameplay. Ofcourse I move my savegame folder first and reinsert it after install.

The Background TGA screens go black and I know the interface will go blank next after that. That may be related to using administrator mode in Win 7 allowing file corruption to take place.

I don't mind a major bug where the company admits the problem and goes to work on a patch and fixes it in a reasonable time. I too question the sale of a non-useable product, and see it as fit for public domain only, AKA free "as is" or at least no more than 5 dollars for admin fee. Its a fun game but technically you have to be an intermediate PC enthusiast to keep the game running.

Omega
04-12-2010, 10:42 AM
I know exactly what you mean, I heard about having to reinstall the game but surely the dev's would work on critical bugs like that, instead they've just dumped it and aren't doing anything about it. The only problem I get is sometimes after a while my save games crash when I go to load them, yes a reinstall sorts out this problem but it does seem to happen every 5-10 hours and it shouldn't. It shouldn't be left to unoffical patches and modders to sort out a game the dev's cant bother their arse with any more.

Kuujis
04-12-2010, 06:33 PM
This is a known bug, IIRC. In the install dir there is a folder BMP, right click on it, and check the "Read only" tick after reinstalling the game. Worked for me like a charm :)

Omega
04-12-2010, 09:07 PM
I've already done that before I even started the game first time coz I done my research on it, but thanks for the try anyway. Now im stuck trying to find Jorge Castillo..any idea's? I'm at that blokes ranch where you find Juan Castillo.