PDA

View Full Version : Motherships Mod v0.1

Goblin Wizard
04-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Motherships Mod v0.27
It's still beta version.

Mod adds buyable motherships, fighters and pilots. You can buy them at any maintenance station.

Changes: see 3205 or inside the archive.

Important things:
- Some quests check the mothership you are flying. If you'll get info like "World is unfair. Game over." you will know why.
- Maintenance station dialog is not refreshed automatically. That's why I added REFRESH option. You'll need it to see new options after you buy a firmware pilot or a perk.
- In order to teach Bryna & KT new perks you have to let them suck some experience points from other pilots first. If girls have any of the Learner perks they do this better ;).
- if you put any pilot as a mothership pilot even for a while, Bryna & KT taught perks and skill points will be lost (thanks to Trucidation for pointing this problem). Because of engine limitations I can do nothing about it.
- When the game is supposed to give you a new pilot script checks the total number of your pilots. If you have too many the dialog appears and you have to choose and remove one or more pilots. Due to the 6 pilots cap, near the end of the game, you'll probably have to remove all new pilots. Pilots being removed have their progress saved. If you'll loose some of the main storyline pilots you can go to the maintenance station and get the previously removed pilots back with all progress restored.
- Just in case of possible bug you can dismiss your new pilots at any maintenance station too.
- Right after you hire a new pilot, all his perks cost are 0. Just jump through any gate and everything will be ok.
- If you won't hire any new pilot you shouldn't see any difference in storyline progress.
- If you want to play my mod with Nanaki's Fleet mod (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14176&page=9) - you have to install Fleet mod first and next Mothership mod. DO NOT USE the file from Nanaki's GoblinCompatible.zip archive.

Install:
Just copy zip archive to your SW3 folder and unpack.

Info for those who want to help debug this mod:
1. Try to keep 6 pilots as often as you can.
2. If you encounter any issue (CTD, storyline progress stopped, etc.) let me know. Try to give as much information as you can (actual quest, sector, which pilots you have, last displayed message or dialog and who said that).
3. Sometimes pilots could be removed even when not necessary or removed not enough. If you encounter such a situation let me know too.
4. I do my best but english is not my native language. If you see any glitches let me know. Not much text in this mod but still..

Any type of feedback and new ideas are welcomed.

Credits:
Huge thanks to the peoples form StarRover (http://www.starrover.ru/forum/index.php) forum. They impregnated me with some great ideas. Thanks again.

Download: Motherships Mod v0.27 (http://www.mediafire.com/?ub4s9tbul1g5b0m)

Alternative download links: Mirror1 (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105063329/STAR%20WOLVES/Motherships_Mod_v0_27.zip)

I'm adding these screens as reference. These two perk trees are combined for one firmware pilot named "Bryna&KT". Only difference is "Precursor Technology Adaptation" perk (right after "Alien Tech" perk) for 200 skill points.

==================================================

Hello again! :)
I've just found my old Star Wolves modding archive. I turned out that an unreleased 0.28 version of my mod was hiding inside ;). AFAIR it contains some small changes to the code and two unbalanced, totally OP motherships: Alien Frigate and Alien Dreadnought (made for tests and fun). The mod may also contain other changes I've forgot about and IT MAY CRASH (or has other smaller issues) due to the simple fact that I've stopped working on it just somewhere in the middle. So, you use it at your own risk.

Motherships Mod v0.28 UNFINISHED BETA (http://www.mediafire.com/download/wwv8tyw10q281cw/Motherships_Mod_v0_28_BETATEST.zip), Mirror1 (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105063329/STAR%20WOLVES/Motherships_Mod_v0_28_BETATEST.zip)

Nanaki
04-08-2010, 12:51 AM
Heh, you use the final battle with El in Star Wolves 1 as a guideline for your custom system, intriguing.

Currently the mod feels more like debug tools than anything else, but it is a great start

Here is what I would recommend:
1: Keeping it to maintenance stations... having to go halfway across the galaxy to purchase a new mothership is a pain in the butt (Especially when you do not have insta-hyperspace), and maintenance stations could use a little spice.

2: I am not sure about pilots... As long as there was a way to get rid of them in order to make room for the storyline pilots, I did not see anything.

3: Disabling the purchase of motherships until after you get the repainted (non-pirate) Mastiff, and disabling it again after you get your final mothership, will eliminate all of the issues with "World is unfair. Game over." error. The game only makes exactly 2 checks between the acquisition of the repainted mastiff and the acquition of your final mothership. One of these checks is in the optional Astarte mission, the other is in the outofmission.script file.

Goblin Wizard
04-08-2010, 06:36 AM
1: Keeping it to maintenance stations... having to go halfway across the galaxy to purchase a new mothership is a pain in the butt (Especially when you do not have insta-hyperspace), and maintenance stations could use a little spice.
I'm planning about 5-6 entries to my system. 4 portals in the corner systems of the map and 1-2 in the center. It's easier than converting stations. Portals that will lead you back will be added too. Name the systems you like.

2: I am not sure about pilots... As long as there was a way to get rid of them in order to make room for the storyline pilots, I did not see anything.
There is nothing bad about pilots until you use one of each. I can add removing function. It's not a problem. I can even add warnings before critical quest which could possibly add a storyline pilot. EDIT: warning can come along with dialog which will fire pilots of your choice. Is it good enough?

3: Disabling the purchase of motherships until after you get the repainted (non-pirate) Mastiff, and disabling it again after you get your final mothership, will eliminate all of the issues with "World is unfair. Game over." error. The game only makes exactly 2 checks between the acquisition of the repainted mastiff and the acquition of your final mothership. One of these checks is in the optional Astarte mission, the other is in the outofmission.script file.
You mean adding whole thing to the quest system. Unfortunately, I'm having some problems with quest tracking. For now mod will stay directly attached to the locations. IMO It's easier just to disable one checking function in some quests than making their own. I'll take care of it.

Nanaki
04-08-2010, 12:49 PM
There is nothing bad about pilots until you use one of each. I can add removing function. It's not a problem. I can even add warnings before critical quest which could possibly add a storyline pilot. EDIT: warning can come along with dialog which will fire pilots of your choice. Is it good enough?

My original point was that it was too incomplete to decide either way on, but yeah, that is good enough.

I'm planning about 5-6 entries to my system. 4 portals in the corner systems of the map and 1-2 in the center. It's easier than converting stations. Portals that will lead you back will be added too. Name the systems you like.

It took me five minutes to convert every maintenance station in the galaxy... and the changes I did meant that I could remove your modified location folders without harming the script.

Goblin Wizard
04-08-2010, 01:11 PM
It took me five minutes to convert every maintenance station in the galaxy... and the changes I did meant that I could remove your modified location folders without harming the script.
If you only change activation parameter - yes that's easy. But it's not all. Script contains reactivation of portals after you bought new ms. It will work only in the system with the same portal names like in Elio. I other systems you'll get a lot of errors.
Second problem is original maintenance stations behavior. If you want to keep stations acts normally and use my shop dialog at the same time it needs some more changes. Buying firmware upgrades is still useful option.

Nanaki
04-08-2010, 01:52 PM
If you only change activation parameter - yes that's easy. But it's not all. Script contains reactivation of portals after you bought new ms. It will work only in the system with the same portal names like in Elio. I other systems you'll get a lot of errors.

Portals do not use very complex names... always something like PORTAL_A and PORTAL_C and PORTAL_E... Doing a blanket activation of A through Z should fix that. It may cause a little slowdown and generate some internal log files, but otherwise would work perfectly. You could eliminate the internal errors by just adding checks for each portal, Something like if PORTAL_D exists, then activate PORTAL_D else null.

Also, I kept the original maintenance station behavior with what I did. Basically, all I did was add a sixth option to original Maintenance station dialogue which, upon selecting it, takes you to the Goblin Shipyards dialogue script.

Here is the code:
<DialogAnswer name="ans06">
<answer>#L_DR5_msg00</answer>
<lua_function>OnStationStartGW</lua_function>
<go_message_name />
<multi_pass>true</multi_pass>
<sound_name />
</DialogAnswer>

Goblin Wizard
04-08-2010, 03:48 PM
hmmm...nice ideas here. Thanks a lot. This should make all script more universal.

wmaynard80
04-09-2010, 07:05 PM
what would i have to edit to be able to add the mothership pack from sw2 to your shipyard goblin.thanks

Nanaki
04-09-2010, 07:27 PM
what would i have to edit to be able to add the mothership pack from sw2 to your shipyard goblin.thanks

You would have to import that mod to SW3 first, than edit the script and add all the custom motherships.

Goblin Wizard
04-10-2010, 12:01 AM
Which mothership pack? Give me the link.

btw I've just imported some fighters from SW2: bastard, mataris, raven, scolm and two angorian's and angorian frigate (my favorite design) as mothership. All work except frigate that needs guns placement. It takes much time so I'll do this later.
Thanks to your suggestions Nanaki I've reworked the scripts so now no changes to the locations are needed. All stays in dockstation.script and every maintenance station has access to my shop. Existing portals are checked and activated if needed. Now only pilot hire/fire script left.

wmaynard80
04-10-2010, 01:08 AM
http://freenet-homepage.de/allaway/star_wolves/index_english.html heres the link

Goblin Wizard
04-10-2010, 06:10 AM
You are talking about "SW1 Motherships Mod v1" I think. Judging by the screens most of them are in my mod now (only not fully manageable). I've just made fast check and I think it will be easy to add guns to motherships in my mod by simple copy/paste (I hope turrets will fit, not flying outside hull or something). I'm going to upload new version tomorrow so it should include most of these.

Killer
04-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Hello Goblin Wizzard. I tried your MOD yesterday (not a new game, used it in my current one). May I ask what pricing do you plan for those motherships?

Goblin Wizard
04-12-2010, 12:27 PM
I would like prices to be realistic so the cheapest will start at about 1.5-2KK credits. It's still not too much comparing to high level fighters. There are many ways to get unlimited piles of cash (really easy) even early in the game so it won't be a big deal. But... I'm open to any suggestions:).

tomvd
04-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Hello Goblin wizzard

When will we enjoy a new update of your mod ?
the 0.1 is great, even if it add nothing really new (fighters was already in the game and mothersips can't be used because of the lack of slot for fighters) Oh, and I did not manage to hire some new pilot, is that normal ?
I can't wait for a new version.

Great job anyway !

PS : sory if there is some mistakes in my way of speaking (not english)

Goblin Wizard
04-13-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm adding new pilots right now. Version 0.2 will contain 5 pilots (maybe more). Script that checks 6 pilot cap is done too but adding this script to every mission that gives you new storyline pilot takes much time. I have to be very careful not to break storyline path. The worst thing is that I can't check all possible paths. I'm going to add "emergency eject" button to the maintenance station menu too.
Some motherships will be converted to manageable condition. They won't be uber gunships. Just similar to 2/4/4 standard setup. Some of them will contain big gun turrets (in place of normal big guns) and these turrets will be buyable in my shop.
I'll try to upload something before the end of the week. I enjoy learning 3dsMax so work progress is slightly slower;).

ps. about pilot - I've tried this mod on a fresh install and everything should be ok. Next version has new hiring script so wait a while - everything will work.

tsavo
04-15-2010, 02:46 AM
that was quick

Goblin Wizard
04-15-2010, 06:51 PM
I've done some more testing to my pilots cap checking script. I've found it to be a serial killer later in the game. When the number of pilots in the system is high it clears your hangar like mad :grin:. It's fun to watch but makes game totally unplayable.
I have hard time trying to find good function/command that can see difference between pilots controlled by the player and others (called by name like Phantom) existing in the sector. If someone has any idea please share.

mk_sky
04-18-2010, 01:14 PM
http://freenet-homepage.de/allaway/star_wolves/index_english.html heres the link

does anybody knows, what the real sw2 mod update changes and where to get it or can anyone upload it? (at filfront the update is not to have :()

gabriel_braun
04-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Not sure in the slightest, though tbh since (assumption) you'll be using the meshes/slot files with sw3 the coding changes would be irrelevant. In reality you only need a few files from the mod and to mess around with modding sw3 to gain the benefits here, though obviously none of the meshes in sw1/2 mods have gkgun refs in them.

Goblin Wizard
04-18-2010, 05:26 PM
I don't know what are update changes. "SW2 real mod" changes much but it isn't easily adaptable to SW3. You can transfer ships and stuff with no problem but mod has totally reworked AI scripts, ships spawning etc. Nanaki works on this so try ask him in "random contacts" thread.

gabriel_braun
04-19-2010, 04:35 AM
There was a mod for SW2 that was called 'Real SW2' that changed a lot... It added the stonearrow/turtle as the motherships, and options of the cleaver as a p/s and other changes. What he was refering to was an 'update' to 'real sw mod' that used to be hosted on FF but was taken down in the last few years. My input was that any 'update' would have been code-related and therefore irrelevant, though I use REAL-SW2.rar for the stone arrow (5turrets, 5BG (rockets) as a basis for any of my stone arrow mods... Though as I asked in another post goblin if you knew of an easier way of importing GKgun's to an .IMD, for this post all he needs to know is that the files in the update are irrelevant in SW3 unless he's taking up an excersise in reverse-engineering code :D

models/meshes/textures (*.imd) are contained in the mod, and you can create your own carcass/slot file for any ship you want... Hope I didnt mistranslate anthing and I wasnt givin anyone a hard time!!!

gabriel_braun
04-19-2010, 04:38 AM
(5turrets, 5BG (rockets)

Sorry, too drive to drunk atm, I meant 5 turrets 2BG

Nanaki
04-19-2010, 11:28 AM
RealSW2 uses BigGun slots as opposed to GKGun slots. The best route is here...

1: Open up a SW3 Mothership Model with IMDEditor.
2: Export any GKGun reference. Does not matter which one.
3: Open up SW2 Mothership of your choice
4: Import the GKGun reference, make sure to ADD, not REPLACE.
5: Copy the GKGun reference, and than copy over the BigGun stats over to each GKGun. Make sure you copy over EVERY stat, as forgetting even one stat could mess things up.
6: After you are finished, delete the BigGun references.

gabriel_braun
04-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Thanks nanaki this is virtually what I already do, was just wondering if there was an update/quicker way :)

Nanaki
04-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Nope, unfortunately. IMDEditor was designed to be used with SW2. Updated version is highly unlikely as well.

mk_sky
04-19-2010, 06:55 PM
ok thx for answer, but from the mod had anyone a openable carcasses.xml, because if i want to open it in word 2007 it schows a massage, that the file can`t be opend, because it does some errors ... this is only with this file all other .xml i can open and so i can´t read anything out of this file, or isnt it possible to overtake somethings to sw3?

Goblin Wizard
04-19-2010, 08:42 PM
For viewing and editing I recommend Notepad2 (http://www.flos-freeware.ch/notepad2.html) It's small, fast and has more than enough features for simple editing xml files. If combined with Total Commander Pack (useful for comparing files) you can do nearly everything with these files.

gabriel_braun
04-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Or use notepad++, it's designed for xml files and colour highlights and tabulates, makes everything a piece of cake!

gabriel_braun
04-22-2010, 06:59 AM
How's that script progressing goblin, have you had any brainwaves concrning the pilots? I'm wondering if you couldnt have the pilots (hireable ones) to be static in their perks? This way their prices could be related to their combat proficiency?

Goblin Wizard
04-22-2010, 08:21 AM
The pilot script works like this now:
1. You can hire fresh pilot (with some basic skills) for the price 40K-80K.
2. When you get a quest which is supposed to give you new pilot - you have to dock all your pilots in order to properly count them. If you have 6 or more (yes you can virtually have more than 6 pilots - they are simply not visible) you have to choose one to dismiss. Pilot perks and points are saved so if you will have free slots in the future (like after Ternie kidnapping) you can hire this pilot again with all previous progress restored.
3. Brina and KT from SW2 is back. They work as firmware and have all their perks. They start with basic skills like other pilots.
4. You can teach them new perks. Because firmware type pilots can't gain exp your hero shares his with girls. They works like mind eaters and suck your hero for exp;). When you hire Brina and KT your hero get new perk that doubles all his experience gains. This way your hero and girls won't be too weak when others will be far more experienced. Perks will be obtainable through the maintenance station menu.
5. Brina & KT won't be cheap. They are like 3 best firmwares combined so price will be around 300K with basic perks only. Fully developed girls make your mothership really a death star.

I'm wondering if you couldnt have the pilots (hireable ones) to be static in their perks? This way their prices could be related to their combat proficiency?
Every time you hire even the same pilot you have to pay his price. I think it simulates what you said. The script can check the perks possessed by a pilot and count pilot price by these perks (table with perks prices should be made) but IMO it's too much effort for such a thing.

The script still needs some work so probably no new version this week.
Any suggestions are welcomed.

treker25
04-28-2010, 03:29 AM
hope this mod work's out.
as this game stand's it's not what i thought i was paying for.

frostman77
04-28-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm looking forward to try this mod :) please let me know if any stable version of this mod comes out and also i would be happy to help you guys out if i can. I speak russian but i dont know much about making mods, either way if something comes up please email me at frost.man66@yahoo.com Thanks

skrzacik
05-01-2010, 07:04 PM
when this mod will be avilable to download?

Dr.Allcome
05-02-2010, 03:05 AM
I really like your descriptions so far and would love to get a newer version to try some of the features.

I do have some suggestions though:
-could you add the Alien/Berserker/Precursor tech adaption for your hireable pilots?
-maybe you could make the Templar ships buyable at your station too?
-while I'm requesting ships... being able to select the color theme (Pirate/InoCo/USS etc.) for the buyable ships would be nice...
I think the game handles those as different ships, but they should be useable since you can loot them sometimes.
a bigger problem would most likely be the huge maintenance station dialog to select one of that many different ships.

Goblin Wizard
05-02-2010, 09:27 AM
-could you add the Alien/Berserker/Precursor tech adaption for your hireable pilots?
Mod will contain 5 new pilots and at least 2 of them will have these perks.

-maybe you could make the Templar ships buyable at your station too?
You have 4 unique templar fighters now (with templar textures). Which other templar ships you want to buy?

-while I'm requesting ships... being able to select the color theme (Pirate/InoCo/USS etc.) for the buyable ships would be nice...
I think the game handles those as different ships, but they should be useable since you can loot them sometimes.
a bigger problem would most likely be the huge maintenance station dialog to select one of that many different ships.
You pointed the problem. This can be done but have to be one dialog entry for every ship with different texture. Maybe if all other things will be done... It's only copy/paste work so anyone can do this.

Dr.Allcome
05-02-2010, 02:55 PM
You have 4 unique templar fighters now (with templar textures). Which other templar ships you want to buy?

Ok... I'm stupid... I didn't install the mod, just looked through your modded files because I'm close to the last mission and want to finish first and then install your mod for my next playthrough... So i didn't notice that those "_mk2_black0" ships in there are the templar ships. :oops:

On the other hand while looking through your files again I found out how to add the ships with different colors myself :)

Goblin Wizard
05-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Jeezz... I have rally hard time trying to modify quest path to not collide with new pilots. There are so many quests that have possibility of adding pilot to the player that's unbelievable. The worst thing is that pilots can join the player in at least 3 different ways. Tracking all these options through the quests is so... irritating. I need to add bunch of functions to every such a quest and I can't even test it in game cuz I don't have saves from every path. I'll probably upload mod as it is and let you test it.

One good thing is that Bryna&KT feature works nice and smooth. Because girls work as firmware (not pilots) they don't collide with anything.

tomvd
05-08-2010, 06:49 AM
I'll probably upload mod as it is and let you test it.

No problem, we'd be glad to test your mod if you deliver one which is not sure to be working.

Hal2003
05-08-2010, 07:02 AM
I have saves for all routes, including decision go to Alex route after XT24. Some additional pilots will be good for some time, if you choose Hero as technician.

Goblin Wizard
05-10-2010, 11:37 PM
I've added new version of my mod. Check the first post.

skrzacik
05-11-2010, 01:48 PM
i shouldnt say that but
i love u golbin wizard
do u merry me ?:P

Goblin Wizard
05-11-2010, 02:30 PM
i shouldnt say that but
i love u golbin wizard
do u merry me ?:P

How much do you love me? Should I give you my account number?;)

Hal2003
05-11-2010, 03:16 PM
There is problem in XT23 if choose to buy any MS from the shipyard game crashes. In XT45 was all allright.

skrzacik
05-11-2010, 03:22 PM
very much but befor we exchange account number i have to ask about those oter design motherships
i try to buy one after anoter but they dont have hangar spaces and turrets mounts and completely noithing
this is a bug or i did something wrong ?

is any chance to make them playable???
if it is only mater of time i cant wait as long as u need to do them playable :P

Nanaki
05-11-2010, 03:27 PM
You might want to change your portal activation script, Goblin, I just remembered I should have told you that in fact, jumpgates are not named by alphabetical order, they are named by orientation. The main letters are U (Up), D (Down), R (Right), L (Left), with a number of suborientations, like D1, D2, D3, among others.

i try to buy one after anoter but they dont have hangar spaces and turrets mounts and completely noithing
this is a bug or i did something wrong ?

Most of those motherships are just not setup to be playable.

skrzacik
05-11-2010, 04:32 PM
thank u Nanaki

Goblin Wizard
05-11-2010, 05:43 PM
There is problem in XT23 if choose to buy any MS from the shipyard game srashes. In XT45 was all allright.
Thanks for the info.
You might want to change your portal activation script, Goblin, I just remembered I should have told you that in fact, jumpgates are not named by alphabetical order, they are named by orientation. The main letters are U (Up), D (Down), R (Right), L (Left), with a number of suborientations, like D1, D2, D3, among others.
Thanks for the idea but it's not about portals activation. I've just temporary disabled this part of the script and CTD still occurs. I've found some other errors too. I'm just working on this.

---- EDIT ----

The script works in every other sector except XT-23. Why? Because devs fucked up naming convention. In all others sectors it is "STO_Station" but in XT-23 it is "STO_STATION". I'll upload fixed version tomorrow (with some new content).

Goblin Wizard
05-11-2010, 07:23 PM
I saw some peoples talking about broken Inoco path. Could anyone pm save with exact moment when it breaks. I'd like to try fix it.

Hal2003
05-11-2010, 07:54 PM
I found the InoCo path is broken twice

for the major bug is solution in this tread
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=13797&highlight=Inoco

Second problem is if refuse to take first mission after talking in Gaeon with Dickens, you are dispached do Muscovy but without any option to chose another route. If you go to Gaeon back and talk with Dickens, the dialog is that you are worked for Trida.

Goblin Wizard
05-11-2010, 10:16 PM
minor update, see first post.

Hal2003
05-12-2010, 05:06 AM
I found some minor error with major calibre guns. The particle ac. is Falconet and not Basilica, Basilica is plasma gun made by USS.

Goblin Wizard
05-12-2010, 05:20 AM
I found some minor error with major calibre guns. The particle ac. is Falconet and not Basilica, Basilica is plasma gun made by USS.
I can't find this. For me everything looks like you said - Basilica(plasma), Falconet(particle). Where exactly do you see the difference?

Hal2003
05-12-2010, 05:56 AM
In Goblin shipyard ordering menu is writen Falconet as plasma gun and Basilica as particle ac.

Which ship has slots for this guns ?

Goblin Wizard
05-12-2010, 02:07 PM
It was an early morning and I didn't think clearly. Thanks.
Now only star hammer has slots for big turrets.

treker25
05-12-2010, 04:34 PM
okay i started a new game got a mothership did not go any farther in storyline than i had to. went to the smuggle base on the way elio and i cant leave the system. when i exit the gate there are pirates there and it seem's death is scripted.
any ideas?

and yes i edited starting money to get the ship.

Goblin Wizard
05-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Please, give me some more information. Where did you buy a mothership? Which sector? Which mothership were you flying when bought a new? Which quest do you have currently active? Where are you now?

Generally, there is no point to buy new mothership before you get to Elio and repaint pirate arba to regular arba. Storyline will force the change of the mothership so it's a waste of money.

Hal2003
05-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Is possilble to add to Fighter shipyard option to buy Stiletto MK2 ?

Goblin Wizard
05-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Is possilble to add to Fighter shipyard oprion to buy Stiletto MK2 ?
No problem. Anything else? I'm going to add some more stuff to the shop but can't decide which is really needed. Certainly, adding all common stuff that you can buy at any station is pointless.

Hal2003
05-12-2010, 07:46 PM
The problem with Stiletto MK2 is that is available only in NESF sectors and when you are in Trida or USS space you need mostly make route along the whole map to get to NESF space and luck that it will be available in FTU shop.

Goblin Wizard
05-12-2010, 09:05 PM
okay i started a new game got a mothership did not go any farther in storyline than i had to. went to the smuggle base on the way elio and i cant leave the system. when i exit the gate there are pirates there and it seem's death is scripted.
any ideas?

and yes i edited starting money to get the ship.

I've just checked this. There is nothing about the mod. It's only a quest. When you get to the nebula entrance you get 2 options: break through or lure the patrol. If you choose 1st you'll be blown up by pirates. Whole shield goes down in second so as you said they are meant to kill you. If you choose to lure the patrol you can easily get to the Elio.

Nanaki
05-12-2010, 10:24 PM
I've just checked this. There is nothing about the mod. It's only a quest. When you get to the nebula entrance you get 2 options: break through or lure the patrol. If you choose 1st you'll be blown up by pirates. Whole shield goes down in second so as you said they are meant to kill you. If you choose to lure the patrol you can easily get to the Elio.

Actually, first option is a valid option. You have to go exactly on the waypoint the game gives you on the map, than when you pick the first option, another waypoint will appear directly to the left of the first point. You go to that and the turrets wont hurt you at all. Than you are inside the sphere of turrets. Than there is a cutscene and 3 Brigands appear and try to run off, and you have to kill the three brigands before they run off. Afterwards you can either destroy the turrets, or go down towards the bottom of the map, than after some distance you can turn and head towards the portal.

Goblin Wizard
05-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Actually, first option is a valid option. You have to go exactly on the waypoint the game gives you on the map, than when you pick the first option, another waypoint will appear directly to the left of the first point. You go to that and the turrets wont hurt you at all. Than you are inside the sphere of turrets. Than there is a cutscene and 3 Brigands appear and try to run off, and you have to kill the three brigands before they run off. Afterwards you can either destroy the turrets, or go down towards the bottom of the map, than after some distance you can turn and head towards the portal.
But after this you'll get caught by pirates. These pirates will blow you up.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
new mod version added.

treker25
05-12-2010, 11:07 PM
im not doing that quest. i bought my mother ship and flow there before i met the guy at the station. when you still have the tug.

Nanaki
05-12-2010, 11:52 PM
im not doing that quest. i bought my mother ship and flow there before i met the guy at the station. when you still have the tug.

The game restricts your playing area until after you do the Pirate Mothership mission. So you sort of have to do the mission. Got no choice in the matter.

Trucidation
05-12-2010, 11:52 PM
But after this you'll get caught by pirates. These pirates will blow you up.

Sorry for going off-topic, but need some clarification here. Are we talking about the events in Hephaestus? Because I've *always* ran instead of luring the patrol. The only pirates I encountered (not the scavengers whom you have to kill on the way) are the ones harassing that guy at the exit.

Edit: Oh, I see, he was trying to go *elsewhere* while that mission was still in progress? Yeah, I think the script auto-kills your mothership when you attempt to bail out during certain mission arcs. Sort of annoying.

treker25
05-13-2010, 02:15 AM
The game restricts your playing area until after you do the Pirate Mothership mission. So you sort of have to do the mission. Got no choice in the matter.

ok thanks.

Wellington1
05-13-2010, 10:04 AM
I love the mod, great work. However, I get a CTD every time I try to change my MS for the second time. Not knowing how these ships stats are or how they behave, I have to try all of them to see what suits me best but I keep getting CTD's. I have now had to resort to starting a new game for each ship choice :(.

Just thought i would let you know :)

gabriel_braun
05-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Pressing f5 will create a quicksave... make one just before you dock and get mothership ;)

Goblin Wizard
05-13-2010, 12:54 PM
I love the mod, great work. However, I get a CTD every time I try to change my MS for the second time. Not knowing how these ships stats are or how they behave, I have to try all of them to see what suits me best but I keep getting CTD's. I have now had to resort to starting a new game for each ship choice :(.

Just thought i would let you know :)

Hmm..strange. Maintenance station should be inaccessible after buying mothership. What do you do to buy second?
Quicksave is the best option to try multiple motherships. Other is to leave the sector and enter again.

skrzacik
05-13-2010, 01:20 PM
YAP
i have the same problem
when i bought manticore i elio and then after few moments in other system i try to buy anoter one and then game crashes all the times
hmm we have to wait for your help goblin wizrad :P

Goblin Wizard
05-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Version 0.23
- fixed CTD after buying second mothership
- "Ramadanta" and Lion Mk 1 now fully manageable
- "Silver Arrow" slightly improved
- prices for manageable motherships are more reasonable
- minor fixes

Hal2003
05-13-2010, 06:36 PM
Hmm i have now problem with mission in Dionius, have you changed quest script for mission 9c ? Beacuse there is no dialog with NESF capitan, La Verisu and Che. And i am unable to chose what to do.

After i reinstaled game, there now all ok. There is some error in you new script.

Goblin Wizard
05-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Sorry, my fault. Quickfix for you. Let me know how it works now. 2322

Hal2003
05-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Thanks, now it isl OK.

Dang that Ramadata is without major calibre guns.

Goblin Wizard
05-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Thanks, now it isl OK.

Dang that Ramadata is without major calibre guns.

It's original mothership from SW2. Moreover, it's hard to find place where big guns look good.

Gui DURANDAL
05-13-2010, 09:30 PM
Hi,

My game crashes when I launch

Because of file (tests madded) : DialogGW.loc

Do you know why?

skrzacik
05-14-2010, 12:08 AM
i have a problem with heavy turrets from your shipyard. I cant mount them into my MS. They have red edge not dark orange. This is a bug or they have other purpose?

Nanaki
05-14-2010, 12:16 AM
i have a problem with heavy turrets from your shipyard. I cant mount them into my MS. They have red edge not dark orange. This is a bug or they have other purpose?

Heavy turrets can only be mounted on the proper mountings. Obviously the ship you purchased does not have any heavy turret mountings.

skrzacik
05-14-2010, 01:25 AM
Heavy turrets can only be mounted on the proper mountings. Obviously the ship you purchased does not have any heavy turret mountings.

Thank u Nanaki

Goblin Wizard
05-14-2010, 06:00 AM
Hi,

My game crashes when I launch

Because of file (tests madded) : DialogGW.loc

Do you know why?

It's not about DialogGW.loc file. I can lunch the game even without this file at all. I've tested the mod on the fresh install so I can't imagine why your game crashes at lunch. Do you get any other info in LOGfile.txt or ScriptErrors.log files?

Hal2003
05-14-2010, 06:33 AM
It seems the second bug in InoCo path is in quest script for mission 8e_01 or 03.
When the player is dispached to Muscovy.

Goblin Wizard
05-14-2010, 06:50 AM
It seems the second bug in InoCo path is in quest script for mission 8e_01 or 03.
When the player is dispached to Muscovy.

Hmm.. I didn't even touch these quests. What's the effect of the bug? CTD? Storyline stopped? I need some more details. Please, add log files too.

Hal2003
05-14-2010, 06:57 AM
Sorry i know that you not changed this quest, its original game bug. Story line stoped beacuse there should be crossroad dialog and its not there, i will email you game save.

Gui DURANDAL
05-14-2010, 07:46 AM
It's not about DialogGW.loc file. I can lunch the game even without this file at all. I've tested the mod on the fresh install so I can't imagine why your game crashes at lunch. Do you get any other info in LOGfile.txt or ScriptErrors.log files?

Ok
I've analyzed Logfile, and it was I had an error with "DialogR5.loc" from previous Mod version.

So I delete it and it works

Thanks your great Job

Goblin Wizard
05-15-2010, 12:08 AM
I'm just trying to put more slots into ship window. I've slightly modified Nanaki's Liger Dreadnought and GUI (smaller slots). I don't have any graphic skills so it's pure GUI definition files modification. Let me know what you think.

Trucidation
05-15-2010, 02:13 AM
From those pictures it looks okay to me (is it in the mod?), just wondering why the text for those two "heavy turret"(?) (the two muskets) are red colour.

Nanaki
05-15-2010, 02:22 AM
From those pictures it looks okay to me (is it in the mod?), just wondering why the text for those two "heavy turret"(?) (the two muskets) are red colour.

They are a different type of slot, they are neither Turret or GKGun.

Trucidation
05-15-2010, 04:00 AM
Ah, so they're a new slot/weapon type. Ok. The red colour makes it look like there's a problem though :)

skrzacik
05-15-2010, 10:36 AM
looks nice very nice

Goblin Wizard
05-15-2010, 10:58 AM
At last! Now GUI looks like I wanted. Smaller ship slots without sacrificing inventory slots.

Trucidation
05-15-2010, 05:26 PM
What is the purpose of these checks; to prevent players from wandering outsystem until the mission script is done?

Goblin Wizard
05-15-2010, 06:33 PM
What is the purpose of these checks; to prevent players from wandering outsystem until the mission script is done?

I suppose it's additional check in case of something goes wrong. For example you can break the script if you hit "B" exact the same moment when dialog is activated. I've done this during Astarte mission. All items and pilots were transfered to new mothership but I didn't get the control of the new mothership. Only naked ms without turrets, pilots and everything else left. Load a saved game was an only option.

Hal2003
05-15-2010, 07:27 PM
Interesting cluncker for last missions :grin:

When will be new mod with this ship ?

tomvd
05-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Hi GoblinW
First congrulation for your mod, I 've just started to try it and it's amazing.

Would like to report what perhaps is a minor issue. Nothing important, but I noticed that even if you can load on the scolm fighter 2 light weapons, you can't use them, your pilot use only the big gun...

Great job anyway !

Goblin Wizard
05-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Interesting cluncker for last missions :grin:

When will be new mod with this ship ?

I'll have some more free time tomorrow so probably tomorrow evening.

Would like to report what perhaps is a minor issue. Nothing important, but I noticed that even if you can load on the scolm fighter 2 light weapons, you can't use them, your pilot use only the big gun...
I'll check this. Thanks for info.

Hmm... What you think about commanding 7 motherships and 24 fighters ;)
No need for such firepower but it would be funny. I wonder how big will be fps drop.

tomvd
05-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Well I don't want to bring bad news and am not totaly sure if the mod have something to do about it but :

Normaly when you go to the new empire way, you are given the task to escort a convoy to a station. well when you reach it, several dialog box apears. First you meet Che and then learn that the convoy leader is a traitor when a fleet of pirate enter the system.

As it hapened, it seems to me that the first dialog box does'nt show up any more, after I applied the mod. When I reached the station the enemy fleet entered the system and I was given the task to clear the portal where all the red ships are, without seeing the talk in which you met Che and learn about the traitor.
Well here is the point : Che became a member of my team without any presentation (strange but not that important) but when I killed all the pirates nothing hapened... I have to leave the system without any event, to fail the mission and go to an other way that the one of the NE.

I did not hire any new pilot so thought I would not know any problem with Che meeting. I wonder...

Goblin Wizard
05-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Look here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=158948&postcount=74) and try apply this little patch. It will be included in the next version.

tomvd
05-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Well thanks
Really sory, I did not see the issue was already reported.

Trucidation
05-18-2010, 03:43 AM
I'm just trying to put more slots into ship window. I've slightly modified Nanaki's Liger Dreadnought and GUI (smaller slots). I don't have any graphic skills so it's pure GUI definition files modification. Let me know what you think.

Just to elaborate, I think they're great - the reduction in size helps clarify things without making them too small to see. Good job! Can you include this in the next update, together with the NESF path/Che fix? And can you include the InoCo fix as well (it's just a script edit)?

Is it possible to "preview" a ship/mothership before buying it? It's not a nice feeling to buy something blindly :) I know the maintenance station menu has no GUI, maybe you can just include the stats in a readme file with your mod.
The Lion motherships are pretty strong for a mere $200k increase over the Rhino and FSS-2t12 motherships (double armor, at least quadruple shields).
Love the Silver Arrow mothership - kudos on using the Tern model, it's beautiful - but the scanner range is really gimped for something that fast.
Star Hammer mothership is really uber, might want to increase the price more. Even though it handles like a constipated donkey, it's as solid as a tank even without any mods.
The additional fighters (from SW2?) are nice, even though many guns but few system slots so it sorta balances out, but they are too strong to all be first generation fighters. I think they should be at least 3rd gen, no?

My favourite mothership right now is the Silver Arrow even despite it's apparent flimsiness - I'm a speed/maneuverability addict, sticking a bunch of engines in the system slots just makes that thing fly. Screw ambushes, you can just race past them, and then leisurely deploy your fighters to deal with them one by one as they slowly catch up.

-
Actually, both maintenance stations and trading stations require you to dock at them. The only difference is what interface you get (maintenance station = text menu tree, trading station = inventory GUI). Hmm.

Oh yeah, I noticed if you dock at a maintenance station and change motherships, your new mothership can't dock at the maintenance station. Have to use portal and go to another system before you can dock at a maintenance station.

Edit: Forgot another thing, if I'm not mistaken you say the Hero gets a "double exp" perk when you hire Bryna&KT - is it a hidden skill? I didn't see it on the Hero's skill tree.

Hal2003
05-18-2010, 04:54 AM
There is problem in Al Ariash, if i buy any MS from shipyard all portals are disabled and im unable to dock at trade station.

Trucidation
05-18-2010, 07:07 AM
Special Purpose Fighter "Bastard" cannot dock to "Silver Arrow" mothership. It just goes around to the tail and then stalls there. It doesn't bump or get stuck or anything, it just sits there unmoving.

Edit: Dammit, so many ships can't. I better divide the lists.

These fighters can NOT dock to "Silver Arrow" mothership:
Bastard, Raven, Gunslinger T

These fighters can dock to "Silver Arrow" mothership:
Matarice, Skolm

Goblin Wizard
05-18-2010, 07:48 AM
Just to elaborate, I think they're great - the reduction in size helps clarify things without making them too small to see. Good job! Can you include this in the next update, together with the NESF path/Che fix? And can you include the InoCo fix as well (it's just a script edit)?
no problem.

Is it possible to "preview" a ship/mothership before buying it? It's not a nice feeling to buy something blindly :) I know the maintenance station menu has no GUI, maybe you can just include the stats in a readme file with your mod.

I'll try to put all necessary info into maintenance station menu. I don't like additional txt files. What ship parameters do you need? shield, armor, speed, maneuverability, slots. Anything else?

The Lion motherships are pretty strong for a mere $200k increase over the Rhino and FSS-2t12 motherships (double armor, at least quadruple shields).

When all ships will be done I'll rebalance the prices.

Love the Silver Arrow mothership - kudos on using the Tern model, it's beautiful - but the scanner range is really gimped for something that fast.

I'll add maybe 50 clicks. More will make installing radars pointless.

The additional fighters (from SW2?) are nice, even though many guns but few system slots so it sorta balances out, but they are too strong to all be first generation fighters. I think they should be at least 3rd gen, no?

You're right. I forgot to change the gen after testing. They are really strong even without system slots so I think 3-5 gen for them.

My favourite mothership right now is the Silver Arrow even despite it's apparent flimsiness - I'm a speed/maneuverability addict, sticking a bunch of engines in the system slots just makes that thing fly. Screw ambushes, you can just race past them, and then leisurely deploy your fighters to deal with them one by one as they slowly catch up.

I'm glad you like it. It's my favorite too. I wanted to make a ship that force player to change the tactics (you know, let them focus on mothership and lunch fighters). On the other hand, flimsiness may cause some problems during fixed quests encounters (like with Greys).

Actually, both maintenance stations and trading stations require you to dock at them. The only difference is what interface you get (maintenance station = text menu tree, trading station = inventory GUI). Hmm.
Yes. All stuff (except motherships) can be added to the trade stations but due to their randomness it's hard to test things. This mod is still beta. I'm constantly adding new features and stuff.

Oh yeah, I noticed if you dock at a maintenance station and change motherships, your new mothership can't dock at the maintenance station. Have to use portal and go to another system before you can dock at a maintenance station.
It's intentional and prevents CTD. I'll try to change it.

Edit: Forgot another thing, if I'm not mistaken you say the Hero gets a "double exp" perk when you hire Bryna&KT - is it a hidden skill? I didn't see it on the Hero's skill tree.
My first idea was that girls can only suck exp from your hero. After I've added suck option for every pilot this perk is no longer needed.

Special Purpose Fighter "Bastard" cannot dock to "Silver Arrow" mothership. It just goes around to the tail and then stalls there. It doesn't bump or get stuck or anything, it just sits there unmoving.

Edit: "Raven" also cannot dock to "Silver Arrow".
There is problem in Al Ariash, if i buy any MS from shipyard all portals are disabled and im unable to dock at trade station.

I'll upload new version with all fixes today. I'm just working on fleet feature I've mentioned earlier. Now all your pilots can fly motherships. Every pilot have perk that allow him to call up to 6 fighters escort. If I will be lucky and get to improve Nanaki's "random contacts" script we will have fleet battles:cool:

skrzacik
05-18-2010, 08:58 AM
i will ask again
do u merry me ? :PPPPPP

u do great work for all of us

did u already upload new file? becouse i see ver 23 still?

Trucidation
05-18-2010, 09:11 AM
I'll try to put all necessary info into maintenance station menu. I don't like additional txt files. What ship parameters do you need? shield, armor, speed, maneuverability, slots. Anything else?
Scanner range? It usually doesn't affect purchasing decision unless it's really low (like in the case of the Silver Arrow). If the Silver Arrow didn't have that extra system slot to put in radar I'm not sure whether I would've bought it.

When all ships will be done I'll rebalance the prices.
[ . . . ]
I'll add maybe 50 clicks. More will make installing radars pointless.

Thanks, prices aren't too much of a problem yet, go ahead and fix the ships first. Actually, the low radar is an interesting challenge. I think it's a risk I'm willing to live with. It helps under certain conditions - the less enemies you see the less often you're interrupted while escaping, which is exactly what this mothership is good at.

You're right. I forgot to change the gen after testing. They are really strong even without system slots so I think 3-5 gen for them.

Leaving them at 1st gen is fine for testing actually, I wouldn't have noticed that some fighters can't dock if I didn't try them out. You might want to leave this until we've checked out all the fighter/mothership combos.

I'm glad you like it. It's my favorite too. I wanted to make a ship that force player to change the tactics (you know, let them focus on mothership and lunch fighters). On the other hand, flimsiness may cause some problems during fixed quests encounters (like with Greys).
It's a beautiful ship :) Yeah, I prefer to run and regroup rather than tank a huge fight. Flimsiness is tolerable, players can add shields as necessary. I haven't added any yet, instead I put 4 engines on it. >2000 speed = wow, haha.

Yes. All stuff (except motherships) can be added to the trade stations but due to their randomness it's hard to test things. This mod is still beta. I'm constantly adding new features and stuff.

Yeah, that's fine.

It's intentional and prevents CTD. I'll try to change it.

I see. It's not a big problem, I had a nearby save just before docking so I simply reloaded each time when I was checking out the motherships.

My first idea was that girls can only suck exp from your hero. After I've added suck option for every pilot this perk is no longer needed.

Ah, so that "feature" is no longer there? Okay.

I'll upload new version with all fixes today. I'm just working on fleet feature I've mentioned earlier. Now all your pilots can fly motherships. Every pilot have perk that allow him to call up to 6 fighters escort. If I will be lucky and get to improve Nanaki's "random contacts" script we will have fleet battles:cool:
Hmm, so these "pseudo" motherships can't actually have player-controlled fighters dock in them? What happens if you have a mothership selected and then press the dock button? Do we get a game over if any of these motherships are destroyed? I think some script triggers also depend on the mothership arriving at a certain destination, will these additional motherships also trigger them?

It sounds cool but I think flying a fleet will be quite slow :) Unless the game only counts the original mothership as the one which triggers stuff like quests and portal jumps.

Hal2003
05-18-2010, 09:26 AM

Can you make please version without this ?. I think the game is enough script buged.

Goblin Wizard
05-18-2010, 09:31 PM
new version added. Only some bug fixed. No new stuff.
Version 0.24
- fixed maintenance station in Al Ariash
- fixed Blockade Dionysus mission bug
- maintenance stations now reactivate immediately after buying mothership
- added info on some motherships
- Raven and Bastard can dock to Silver Arrow now.
- added Inoco mission fix (forum)

skrzacik
05-18-2010, 11:08 PM
when u put random contacts into ur mod?

or u did this already?

Trucidation
05-19-2010, 12:56 AM
Hal2003 has a point. Let's finish testing out everything first before adding on other scripts. Plus Nanaki is still working on his random contacts script, I'd like to help but I don't know enough LUA yet.

@Goblin_Wizard:
I can simply re-apply the mod and load a save game, without needing to start a new game, right? Also, what do you mean by "(forum)"? The InoCo fixes aren't in the mod, so we have to download them separately in the forum?

Edit: Crap, I screwed up the restore, gotta reinstall the game, lol.

Goblin Wizard
05-19-2010, 05:01 AM
Hal2003 has a point. Let's finish testing out everything first before adding on other scripts. Plus Nanaki is still working on his random contacts script, I'd like to help but I don't know enough LUA yet.
Adding new ships with more slots need redone GUI for all ships. Those small slots make big mess with other existing ships. It's boring. I'm trying to add fleet feature because it's more fun than changing slots setup for every little ship. But in the end I'll have to do this.

I can simply re-apply the mod and load a save game, without needing to start a new game, right? Also, what do you mean by "(forum)"? The InoCo fixes aren't in the mod, so we have to download them separately in the forum?

Edit: Crap, I screwed up the restore, gotta reinstall the game, lol.
You can install 0.2... versions over previous versions except 0.1. You only need to go thorough any gate to reload script functions.
when u put random contacts into ur mod?

or u did this already?
Read new version info. There will be no random contacts until I'll finish other things.

Trucidation
05-19-2010, 08:14 AM
Did you figure out what the problem was where the ships couldn't dock?

Edit: I mean, is it a dock placement setting problem, or something to do with particular ship models, or something?

Goblin Wizard
05-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Docking procedure has to start outside "mastersphere" of the mothership. To fix this I've slightly changed docking vector in the "mshipDockingQueueDispatcher_silver" function. This function is directly connected with the ship's hangar parameters in the IMD model file.

skrzacik
05-21-2010, 02:41 AM
At last! Now GUI looks like I wanted. Smaller ship slots without sacrificing inventory slots.

i cant find that lion mk2 in ur shipyard?

that one aviable for buy looks diffrent (less turetts, systems, no heavy turrets etc)

Goblin Wizard
05-21-2010, 06:01 AM
As I said changing GUI like that makes big mess in all other ships slot setups. I'm slowly changing them but it takes time.

Trucidation
05-22-2010, 06:53 AM
Goblin_Wizard, I'm having trouble with InoCo's path in Zebos, right after the Ternie mission storyline. Posting this here instead of in the "InoCo path fix" thread, because this script (mission 14e_1, check GreyOnes_e_Zebos.script) isn't in that fix but it's in your mod. I glanced through it but there's quite a few changes in there.

When I enter Zebos there's no line showing which station I need to dock at. The mission log shows 1 quest, "Reach Zebos." (Active), and below it is something like meet SAM at the central station. If I portal out back to Gaeon, the mission log has changed. Now it shows mission title is "Not found string: #L_QUEST_14E_01A" (Active), and below it is "Not found string: #L_QUEST_14E_01B".

I flew a Silver Arrow mothership for most of the game. During the Ternie mission storyline I let it get replaced with SAM's Manticore - that's the final mothership for this storyline right? I'm still flying that Manticore, didn't change it. Right now I have 5 pilots (Hero, Greyhair, Jana, SAM Copy, Kalem), and a mothership firmware pilot (Bryna&KT). I hired Bryna&KT long ago back when I got the repainted Mastiff, together when I bought the Silver Arrow. The other pilots were all from the storyline.

Dunno if it's relevant, but previously when I obtained SAM Copy I took him to Zebos and attacked the berserks there to get him some exp. I don't know if that has any effect on the later missions.

Goblin Wizard
05-22-2010, 07:27 AM
Try this 2382.
---- EDIT ----
I'm afraid it won't help you. Info about "Not found string: #L_QUEST_14E_01A" and "B" is form mission_14e/GrayOnes_e_Lidau.script. I haven't changed this script so I think it's original game bug. If my fix won't help you try to replace moded file with original one and let me know if the same bug appears.

Trucidation
05-22-2010, 09:05 AM
Yeah, before I posted, I tried replacing it with the original GreyOnes_e_Zebos.script - nope, I get the same results. People have finished the InoCo path before, so I'm wondering exactly *how* are they doing it.

Got one other branch to check but the InoCo ones are the last storyline I haven't finished.

Goblin Wizard
05-22-2010, 03:11 PM
This file 2383 is for my mod users. It contains mod changes plus original game bug fix. If Trucidation or any other mod user will confirm that everything works I'll prepare version for clear original game.

Thanks to Trucidation for test save.

Trucidation
05-23-2010, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the quick update, Goblin Wizard! That new script you posted did the trick. Dialog triggered as I entered Zebos, and the rest of it went well until the end.

I don't understand the script but it looks like some calls to Answer_Yes_1() should have been StartDialog calls instead? There's also changes to a bunch of those DEST1:GetPosition() calls to xyz_trade.

-
After hating SAM through the other story paths, it was actually easy to see his point of view. I think I like this ending best now :p

Goblin Wizard
05-23-2010, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the quick update, Goblin Wizard! That new script you posted did the trick. Dialog triggered as I entered Zebos, and the rest of it went well until the end.

I don't understand the script but it looks like some calls to Answer_Yes_1() should have been StartDialog calls instead? There's also changes to a bunch of those DEST1:GetPosition() calls to xyz_trade.

The Answer_Yes_1() / StartDialog change was rather cosmetic. Real bug was DEST1:GetPosition() function which has been returning nil value. I still don't know why. Everything in the Zebos location files looks good. But "DEST1" has the same position as "xyz_trade" so I've changed these two and now it works.

Trucidation
05-31-2010, 01:09 AM
Goblin Wizard, one more thing :)

I noticed if we have the firmware pilot Bryna&KT, if you put another pilot in the mothership and then remove it, Bryna&KT appears to lose their perks? I didn't actually go to a maintenance station to check, but I noticed the difference in mothership stats (speed, maneuverability).

Edit:
Confirmed it. Saved, docked at a maintenance station to check: yep, Bryna&KT have skillpoints and perks learned.
- Reloaded, put Hero in mothership slot and then removed him. Docked at maintenance station. Bryna&KT have zero points (!) and no perks learned (all become available to learn again).

In the base unmodded game, if you have a firmware and then put a pilot in the mothership and remove it, the firmware will be back in place (caution: I'm not 100% sure, but I don't remember the ship speed being different from before and after I put a pilot in the mothership). For some unknown reason our custom firmware pilot (Bryna&KT) is getting her skills reset.

Goblin Wizard
05-31-2010, 07:53 AM
Thanks. I've never noticed that before but I'm afraid I can't do much about it. I suppose, when you put a temporary pilot in a mothership, firmware pilot stats are not saved because he's never meant to be learned. After removing temporary pilot, stats are taken from Pilots.xml. I think I can make a "save/load" dialog option but... is it really needed?

Trucidation
05-31-2010, 08:11 AM
Hmm... the reason I did that is when I get a new pilot they are very unskilled, so it is safer for them to gain experiencing piloting the mothership instead of flying a generation 1 or 2 fighter.

It's not a big problem. I think I only did this for 1 or 2 pilots in all the story paths together, it's ok if this doesn't work. Maybe you can just write a warning in the first post of this thread.

Edit:
By the way, thanks for the credits link to StarRover forum, I can see there's been quite a spirited discussion there :D

StarShatter
06-03-2010, 09:22 AM
I haven't looked too much into the mother ship codes and scripts, hasn't been to much of a point of interest for me.

But this mod does interest me a lot. Good job on it!

I'm just wondering if you think its possible to add more than 1 Tractor beam. Especially on the larger mother ships or the ships that seem like real cargo ships.
What about a system that adds a tractor beam?

Sorry if this is just a pointless run around. I've mostly looked into shop/item/weapon/skill/anything mathematical.

Trucidation
06-03-2010, 12:49 PM
I'm guessing the tractor beam is a hardcoded item; but there was a post sometime back about changing the beam's "pull" speed. I think there was some concern if objects pulled too fast may be destroyed if they hit an obstacle?

Goblin Wizard
06-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Topic about tractor beam (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14584&highlight=tractor)
In the AI.ini you can change 2 stats of tractor beam: absorption speed and range.
You can add more tractor beams in the IMD file (model of certain ship) via e.g. IMDEditor.

StarShatter
06-04-2010, 07:08 AM
Bah! Don't remember what this message was supposed to be, tried to write it like 30 minutes ago. Wireless failing is horrible.

Something like:
Thanks for the info. I'll try the edit thing.

Yes, I've read that thread.

Was looking for it, but not about the tractor beams. More so the 'cargo' stuff.

I find the best way to blow up Armouries and Warehouses is to force fire a missile onto one of your own pilots (cheap ship or one that drops). This way you can align the AoE much better and you don't need debris.

sidius
06-07-2010, 07:46 PM
hmm I've downloaded this mod to get SW2 fighters, btw great job, but I am unable to dock fighters to Ramadanta.. they are trying to dock from the roof side, not from the bottom (or at least Scolm does that). Dunno if would be enough to change those HangarIn and HangarOut in IMD editor or something worse is bugging there..

it kinda hurts to see your best pilot to crash into mothership in full speed..

Goblin Wizard
06-07-2010, 08:05 PM
I'll check this tomorrow. Thanks for info.

Terry_Lentz
06-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Well, I hadn't been playing the mod for too long, but from what I saw, I can tell its quite nice. No bugs, no CTDs, custom motherships are cool and the pilots are cool too. I only don't like not being too buy the Lion Mk2 or Mk3 as some call it. There's only the Mk1 - the prototype you get when you rescue Ternie, and the Invincible - the admirals ship.

Oh, yeah and a suggestion. It would be nice if you could exchange control with a vacant mothership. Don't know if its possible, though. If is, it could lead to multiple mothership control. That would be awsome. (Of course there is only one mothership, but it really needs two escort ships.)

Goblin Wizard
06-07-2010, 10:05 PM
I only don't like not being too buy the Lion Mk2 or Mk3 as some call it. There's only the Mk1 - the prototype you get when you rescue Ternie, and the Invincible - the admirals ship.
I've fought the Invincible/Moscow cruiser is a prototype and player's Lion is Mk2. I didn't played all paths so I'm not sure.

Oh, yeah and a suggestion. It would be nice if you could exchange control with a vacant mothership. Don't know if its possible, though. If is, it could lead to multiple mothership control. That would be awsome. (Of course there is only one mothership, but it really needs two escort ships.)
I don't fully undestand. The next version will give you an option to buy a mothership for each of your pilots. Each pilot will have a perk that allows him to call 6 fighters escort.

btw I have two questions to all of you:
1. Which motherships do you want for your pilots?
2. Escort works like mercenaries and will be called by perk. The pilots, ships and their armament will be fixed so I think about 3-4 quality levels (perks) of escort. The question is:
What type of ships, armament and pilots the escort group should contain?
There are some different roles for pilots I have to choose from too (ATTACK, DEFEND, MISSLEDEFENCE, REPAIR, CLOACKING, LEADER). I'm slightly confused so let me know what you think about whole idea.

Terry_Lentz
06-08-2010, 11:53 AM
I've fought the Invincible/Moscow cruiser is a prototype and player's Lion is Mk2. I didn't played all paths so I'm not sure.

My bad, the Invincible is the Mk1 and there are two Mk2s. One is the prototype (the one which looks like a sharp deformed knife) and the mass production version (the one with reinforced armor, you get it after defending the shipyard).

I don't fully undestand. The next version will give you an option to buy a mothership for each of your pilots. Each pilot will have a perk that allows him to call 6 fighters escort.

My fault again, I haven't read that part of the description. Thumbs up for more motherships. But what I meant to ask in the previous post is if its possible to exchange control between two motherships. I.e. you have an old Star Wolf and you have just the money to buy a new mothership (lets say an Astarte), you then lose control of the Star Wolf and gain control of the Astarte. Will it be possible to exchange control manually between your current MS and a vacant one (like the one you just sold.) Now when I wrote this down it doesn't sound as I thought it would. Actually its kinda stupid. Silly me. :-P

Concerning the mercenary escort, I think it should be a classic late-game (but not too late) setting of ships and equipment.
Probably 4th generation fighters and one from the 5th generation.
Pilot roles classic too:
Leader, missile defense (and missile attack) guy, repairman, two attackers, one being able to do team stealth (maybe) and he/she should be in defense or attack. Defense if the team belongs to a corporation or empire, and attack if they're pirates or rebels or whatever.

Motherships:

I would like to see the Admiral in an Lion Mk1 (Invincible) and Greyhair in a Rhino, or something similar (MSS and the other abreviated ship name followed by some random numbers.)
For the rest of the squad I don't care, yet. :grin:

Trucidation
06-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Personally I think space is getting a little bit crowded ;)

@Goblin Wizard:
- If I understand correctly, you mean pilots will fly these big ships and they will have a summon perk to call for escorts?

- Suppose we have Main mothership plus two pilots (Hero and Ternie). If I buy a big ship and put Hero on it but I put Ternie in a regular fighter, Ternie will still only be able to dock at Main mothership, not Hero's ship, correct?

- If I'm wrong and the new buyable big ships actually function like the real Main mothership, I think there are some big disadvantages: active skills don't work on mothership and you can't install missiles.

To answer your questions,
1: I really have no particular preference for other pilots' big ships. If you really need input I say just recycle the existing motherships. If you only want a limited selection I say use the ones which look like the Star Wolf (size considerations); after all, it would look odd if a bunch of Alien Battleships and Star Hammers were flying around...
2: I feel escorts should be defensive: leader + 1 other fighter, the other ships should be missile boats. Leader = leader, the rest = defend. If you can make the summon perks coexist instead of replacing older one, then you could have an offensive style summon as well. Leader and the rest attack.

Some of my own questions,
1: Summon perks have a limit, we cannot just create new summon perks right? If you create summon perk levels, the higher level summon perk will "override" the lower level one?
2: What about regular perks, can we simply add new perks or is there a limit?

I've looked briefly at the perk scripts but I don't see any mention of limits. The names appear to be hardcoded (are they?) so maybe that is the limitation?

Goblin Wizard
06-08-2010, 12:33 PM
But what I meant to ask in the previous post is if its possible to exchange control between two motherships. I.e. you have an old Star Wolf and you have just the money to buy a new mothership (lets say an Astarte), you then lose control of the Star Wolf and gain control of the Astarte. Will it be possible to exchange control manually between your current MS and a vacant one (like the one you just sold.) Now when I wrote this down it doesn't sound as I thought it would. Actually its kinda stupid. Silly me. :-P
Hmm... I think it works exactly as you described when you buy new ms at the maintenance station. You lose control of current ms and get control of the new one. I can make that you will be able to buy ms not at the station but anywhere in the space but I think it'll be unrealistic and strange.
Another idea... maybe you want to keep all your previous motherships and change them later for free?

Concerning the mercenary escort, I think it should be a classic late-game (but not too late) setting of ships and equipment.
Probably 4th generation fighters and one from the 5th generation.
Pilot roles classic too:
Leader, missile defense (and missile attack) guy, repairman, two attackers, one being able to do team stealth (maybe) and he/she should be in defense or attack. Defense if the team belongs to a corporation or empire, and attack if they're pirates or rebels or whatever.
There are two problems with pilot's roles:
- pilots (which are called like mercenaries) have their roles set once when they appear. These roles cannot be changed later.
- when pilot role is set to e.g. DEFEND, MISSILEDEFENCE, REPAIR (and probably CLOAKING) he doesn't do anything else. He doesn't use his guns at all. Only LEADER and ATTACK role let pilot fight.

- If I understand correctly, you mean pilots will fly these big ships and they will have a summon perk to call for escorts?
Yes.

- Suppose we have Main mothership plus two pilots (Hero and Ternie). If I buy a big ship and put Hero on it but I put Ternie in a regular fighter, Ternie will still only be able to dock at Main mothership, not Hero's ship, correct?
Yes

- If I'm wrong and the new buyable big ships actually function like the real Main mothership, I think there are some big disadvantages: active skills don't work on mothership and you can't install missiles.
Speaking truth, the new motherships will be just fighters with different, bigger models. They will have full functionality of regular fighters. This means they will be able to use missiles with on/off option.

Some of my own questions,
1: Summon perks have a limit, we cannot just create new summon perks right? If you create summon perk levels, the higher level summon perk will "override" the lower level one?
Exactly. Four types of summon perk exist so every pilot can have 4 totally independent summon perks. Each of these perks can have several levels which "override" the lower level one.
2: What about regular perks, can we simply add new perks or is there a limit?
I've looked briefly at the perk scripts but I don't see any mention of limits. The names appear to be hardcoded (are they?) so maybe that is the limitation?
I haven't tested normal perks too much but names of these perks are not hardcoded. You can create your own perk, add necessary ifs to existing functions (perkDispatcher.script, CalculatePilotSkills.script, etc.) and to two big tables in the PilotProperties.script. I don't know if any limit exists.

Terry_Lentz
06-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Another idea... maybe you want to keep all your previous motherships and change them later for free?

Hmm, a garage? Sounds good, but mothership costs increase therefore as there is no trade-in. So its a no, at least for the main motherships.

There are two problems with pilot's roles:
- pilots (which are called like mercenaries) have their roles set once when they appear. These roles cannot be changed later.
- when pilot role is set to e.g. DEFEND, MISSILEDEFENCE, REPAIR (and probably CLOAKING) he doesn't do anything else. He doesn't use his guns at all. Only LEADER and ATTACK role let pilot fight.

Well then make them as Trucidation said: try making summoning skills for offensive and defensive style. Else make them Leader, 1-2 attackers, missile defense and the rest defense.

Speaking truth, the new motherships will be just fighters with different, bigger models. They will have full functionality of regular fighters. This means they will be able to use missiles with on/off option.

Does this mean that main motherships will be huge enough for the smaller ones to be able to dock with it, or will the capital ships dock to the main MS externally or won't they dock at all?

I have an another idea. What if the main mothership needs to be piloted by 2 pilots all the time (the firmware and a pilot), and when in grave situation you can launch the human pilot in a fighter (or in an another capital ship) but the main mothership won't be able to move. The mothership will though have 2 firmware pilots, one standard copilot (pretty useless in this situation) and a tactical operation firmware (giving better performance to shields, turrets and large caliber guns). This, though, uses one pilot slot (or two when a human is copiloting), so the maximum number of pilots is decreased making the game more realistic (You don't see a fleet of 5 to 6 capital ships wandering around in SW universe alot, do you?).

Goblin Wizard
06-08-2010, 05:03 PM
or will the capital ships dock to the main MS externally?this one ↑

I have an another idea. What if the main mothership needs to be piloted by 2 pilots all the time (the firmware and a pilot)...
There can be only one pilot (firmware or normal). It's hardcoded.

Trucidation
06-08-2010, 05:54 PM
(You don't see a fleet of 5 to 6 capital ships wandering around in SW universe alot, do you?).
When we've stabilized our mods I'll try to put together a pack including Nanaki's Fleet mod and Goblin Wizard's Mothership mod. Toss in my modded missiles and space will look like the war zone it's supposed to be, rofl.

Terry_Lentz
06-08-2010, 09:18 PM
There can be only one pilot (firmware or normal). It's hardcoded.

I thought so.

When we've stabilized our mods I'll try to put together a pack including Nanaki's Fleet mod and Goblin Wizard's Mothership mod. Toss in my modded missiles and space will look like the war zone it's supposed to be, rofl.

Big like. (Ah, stupid Facebook terminology)

Goblin Wizard
06-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Just some screenshots of my Angorian Light Cruiser (I really like this model).
Loadout: 6 big guns, 3 turrets, 1 missile luncher, 5 systems. Slightly slower and less maneuverable than Silver Arrow.

2525 2524 2526

Sentencer
06-13-2010, 01:47 AM
So, I just installed the mod today, and went to purchase a new mothership...

Well, all the upgrade spots are gone and there is a big red sign in Russian that I would assume says there is an error. I tried almost all the motherships, and this message only appears for the "Other Models" section, but all but three of them give me this problem... :(

I've included a screen for details. I tried searching in this thread for an answer, but maybe I'm the only one experiencing the problem... :confused:

Ships That Have Error:
Alien dreadnought
Alien frigate
Chimera
Super chimera
Phoenix
Portal transport
Stone Arrow
Angorian Frigate

Ships That Work Fine:
Silver Arrow
Ramadanta
Star Hammer

Trucidation
06-13-2010, 03:05 AM
Those ships aren't ready. Only the three with prices are.

Sentencer
06-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Those ships aren't ready. Only the three with prices are.

Ah, ic. Love the mod already, great work Goblin Wizard/ Others! :-)

raresdan2001
07-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Nice job!

raresdan2001
07-04-2010, 05:58 PM
After having some hard time and sweating I've finished my Lion MK II ;)
I managed to fit 24 slots and it looks ok :D

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/6083/sw3angelwing.th.jpg (http://img697.imageshack.us/i/sw3angelwing.jpg/)

What do you say?? Like it??

stivoknis
07-14-2010, 11:58 PM
Great mod, Goblin Wizard. But I would really like it if you made corvettes and transports playable like the fighters. It might be just me but seeing Grayhair in a Butcher with four particle accelerators would be awesome, and I also always liked the walrus:).

SR666
07-22-2010, 07:41 AM
I can't seem to download the file from the first post, damn Filefront says it can't find it ALL the time.
Is there any chance you could upload it to another location, please?

Goblin Wizard
07-22-2010, 09:23 AM
I've uploaded again and added new link so at least one should work.

SR666
07-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Many thanks to you, mate :)

stivoknis
07-23-2010, 03:38 AM
Hey, Goblin Wizard
I tried inserting the Lion MK2 as a buyable mothership, but right now the game crashes everytime I tried to dock with the maintainence station.:confused:
Could you please show me every place in which I have to edit to get this ship into the shop?

Goblin Wizard
07-23-2010, 09:21 AM
You can buy Loin MK2 now. I suppose you want to add other version of lion mk2 so...

1. Adding new dialog entry. ..\Data\Scripts\Trade\DialogGW.xml

Look for message "msg_MS_ORG_list". Below you'll find few dialog answers. E.g.
<DialogAnswer name="ans_MS_ORG_07">
<answer>#L_DR5_ans_MS_ORG_07</answer>
<lua_function>DialogR_buy_GW_Mothership_uel</lua_function>
<go_message_name />
<sound_name />
</DialogAnswer>

Copy and paste this part below. Change it to something like this:
<DialogAnswer name="ans_MS_ORG_08">
<answer>Lion Mk2 by stivoknis</answer>
<lua_function>DialogR_buy_Mothership_Lion_mk2</lua_function>
<go_message_name />
<sound_name />
</DialogAnswer>

2. modifying buy script ..\Data\Scripts\include\gw.script

Look for function "_buy_ms_GW(nameMS)". Above this function you'll find several buy functions which are executed by dialog e.g.:
function DialogR_buy_GW_Mothership_uel()
_buy_ms_GW("Mothership_uel");
end;

Copy/paste. You need the function to look like this:
function DialogR_buy_Mothership_Lion_mk2()
_buy_ms_GW("Mothership_XXX");
end;

The "Mothership_XXX" is the name of the ship from the ..\Data\Game\Carcasses.xml.

add new mothership to the table inside function "_buy_ms_GW(nameMS)" e.g.:
{"Mothership_XXX",1200000},
the 2nd value is a price.

Generally, that's all. You can make any ship mothership this way but if you want full functionality (hangars, tractor beams, etc.) you will have to change many more things.

stivoknis
07-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Thanks

Peregrinus
07-24-2010, 12:43 AM
OT:

So, I just installed the mod today, and went to purchase a new mothership...

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=2547&d=1276393594

That error picture seems to say: "rabota skanjera blokirujetsja vnješnim istočnikom", which could be translated as "Scanner work is blocked by external source".
I really want to know WHY is that picture there...
(Which scanner? Why is it blocked? With what? ... :grin: )

Goblin Wizard
07-24-2010, 03:23 PM
It's a default picture for ships which don't have their own background picture - most of the AI ships which weren't supposed to be controlled by player.

btw after a little break I'm back to modding SW3 so most of these ships will be fully manageable.

Rastix
07-25-2010, 02:11 PM
It's a default picture for ships which don't have their own background picture It's for Ctrl + Shift + LMB

Goblin Wizard
07-25-2010, 06:15 PM
It's for Ctrl + Shift + LMB
Could you explain?

Rastix
07-26-2010, 03:09 PM
It's complex job to make background pictures for all bigships and useless as well.
That's why you can scan for equipment only fighters.

Goblin Wizard
07-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Interesting. I didn't even know that we can scan ships. I've never really needed this. Thanks for info.

stivoknis
07-29-2010, 03:05 AM
Hey Goblin Wizard, not to sound inpatient, but when will the next update of your mod be released? I'm really excited to see what new things you will add.:)

Avalon4
08-13-2010, 08:02 PM
Good mod, the ships look nice... There are some problems I would like to note though, mainly concerning the "non-player" type ships, like Alien Dreadnought.

The ships are pilotable just fine, but some of them do not have ship launching slots. This would be fine if the mothership had its' own defences, but alas, they don't have those either. The equipment screen for these ships isn't present, displaying a somewhat canon error message where it should be. (Edit: See picture above. Also, the CTRL-SHIFT-LMB trick would be used to check enemy ships, yes? That would explain why our scans are being blocked.)

Worst of all, even if a ship DOES have ship bays, attempting to launch any of them results in a CTD. Most likely because the ship wasn't designed to launch ships, so when you try to, the game gets confused.

Again, great project, I couldn't script my way out of a paper bag so it's nice to see others being creative with our favorite games.

Goblin Wizard
08-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Thanks. I'm fully aware of all problems with these ships. That's why they have their own category in the shop. Speaking truth, I've got all of them ready. I'm working on other parts now but.. you know.. the weather outside doesn't motivate me to stay at home. I need 4-6 hours in a row to put things together and test them. Maybe I'll just release only those ships for now. Storms are expected this weekend. They should help :).

Avalon4
08-14-2010, 10:13 AM
An update on a few other problems I ran into - one of them seems to be game-breaking at the moment.

During the quest "To Save A Friend (MSF)", I seem to require piloting my base ship (currently a Silver Arrow) over to Viper's Lion in order to perform the handoff... This of course, is impossible because of the quest disabling the base ship's engines -- and while the base transfer is normally done from any distance, using a different base ship than normal may be causing a problem with this.

(Is there a way to "re-enable" the base ships' engines at this point?) (EDIT: Studying the quest script, I believe the base ship is disabled during "Function Critical_Damages" with the boolean variable LCRASHED, 1 when the base ship is disabled. Would removing this line prevent the base from being disabled? (Also, would it break the script to do this?)

...Oh right, another small bug shows up when you recruit the pilot "Valinol" (sp?) from Solcneckov (during the second MSF qualification quest) -- your mod normally checks for six pilots and allows the choice of dismissal before adding a default one, but in my case he simply pushed AI out of the 6th spot when joining. FORTUNATELY this check took place properly when I had to recruit Joseph later on -- but I was allowed to 'dismiss' AI from the team at this point (apparently AI became pilot #7 when Valinol joined)

Goblin Wizard
08-14-2010, 11:49 AM
During "Save a friend" quest - short after you enter the sector (I forgot the name) your mothership is always disabled. You are supposed to do this mission only with fighters. I can disable ship disabling ;) but I don't want to change original storyline in any way.
About "small bug" - could you send me the saved game just before you get these pilots (or before you enter the sector)? I need more information. It's hard to figure out what's wrong without checking logs. I'll send you my email via pm.

Trucidation
08-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Without any additional pilots (with the exception of Bryna&KT who is a mothership upgrade), it looks like there aren't any issues. I guess we should test your mod flying with the max number of pilots all the time.

Dumorimasoddaa
08-25-2010, 06:06 PM
As for the Star Wolves 2 fighters they should be generation 4. How ever I would like to see some 5th gen versions with a few more system slots. Also one of the manticores missiles slots should be a big gun it's meant to have missiles and 6 bigguns as of description and even the SW2 manule.

On a complet side note more MK guns/turrets are needed we have all 3 types but a auto-cannon type one ect would be cool on the turrets 80(?) damage high ROF. Bassicaly a huge avenger firing the same rounds as those two barrel guns. So far the best mother ship has to be the silver-arrow the GKTurrets and its speed make it lethal.

Edit: What would be cool is as well as AL adding the SAM verients as hire-able pilots change the name and such to avoid any possible script errors. I like AI piolts and the SAM ones allow for you to get ones that are actually specialised unlike AL who is ok at every thing.

Avalon4
08-28-2010, 07:50 AM
During "Save a friend" quest - short after you enter the sector (I forgot the name) your mothership is always disabled. You are supposed to do this mission only with fighters. I can disable ship disabling ;) but I don't want to change original storyline in any way.
About "small bug" - could you send me the saved game just before you get these pilots (or before you enter the sector)? I need more information. It's hard to figure out what's wrong without checking logs. I'll send you my email via pm.

Maybe you could just help me to re-enable them, or else prevent them from being disabled, and I can play the quest as it is supposed to be done, on the honor system, if I want. Because until then, I am apparently stuck.

EDIT: Just played the quest - again - in reverse, by going to the pirate station first, before the engines are disabled, so that when Viper shows up she is next to the Mastiff and the change triggers. As the story goes, that places Ternie's ships at the MSF station, but when the Greys are defeated, Viper shows up OVER THERE and I am presented with the SAME PROBLEM!

Goblin Wizard
08-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Maybe you could just help me to re-enable them, or else prevent them from being disabled, and I can play the quest as it is supposed to be done, on the honor system, if I want. Because until then, I am apparently stuck.

EDIT: Just played the quest - again - in reverse, by going to the pirate station first, before the engines are disabled, so that when Viper shows up she is next to the Mastiff and the change triggers. As the story goes, that places Ternie's ships at the MSF station, but when the Greys are defeated, Viper shows up OVER THERE and I am presented with the SAME PROBLEM!

I apologize that you had to wait nearly two weeks for the answer. It was my fault (all about one letter :|). I've added new version with several bugs fixed so check the first page. Thanks for your saves. They were very helpful.

Version 0.27 changes:
- fixed bug in several missions which caused storyline path to stop
- all 3 InoCo path bugs fixes included
- added Butcher and Cavalier corvettes
- added compatibility with Nanaki's Fleet mod.

If you want to play my mod with Nanaki's Fleet mod - you have to install Fleet mod first and next Mothership mod.

P.S. I'm still working on new bigger update with some new ideas and improvements so be patient ;)

Dumorimasoddaa
08-28-2010, 10:42 PM
I've been trying to add heavy guns to the silver arrow and failing. I think it's due to me not setting the IMB editor up for SW3 properly is that the case or is it a deeper issue I noticed you'd commented out the heavy guns either for balance or some other reason.

Also on a semi related issue is there an easy way to work out where slots show up or is it just trail and error work?

Goblin Wizard
08-29-2010, 09:49 AM
Silver Arrow is slightly rebuilt liner and has very thin armor. It's a blockade runner (smuggler ship) not an assault capital ship. That's why he's equipped only with turrets not any forward firing guns. His main weapon should be a speed and turrets are for self defense only. This is how I see the idea of Silver Arrow.

I don't know what you've done but adding GKGun is quite easy via IMDEditor. First, you have to open a model with a GKGun (or TurretGK) slot. Choose "Export selected reference as *.REF", open your model, "Import *.REF and add". Now you only have to find right position and direction of the gun on your model. If you use IMDEditor, it's a guess work. I use 3DSMax with IMD plugin for gun placing and only final polishing in IMDEditor. After that you add your slot in a proper ini file. That's all if I remember correctly.

EDIT: You have to change the number of guns in the Carcasses.xml too.

Dumorimasoddaa
08-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Do you have a link to that plugin? Could be helpful much easier than guessing units and placements ant repeatedly refining.

Avalon4
08-30-2010, 08:28 PM
I've been trying to add heavy guns to the silver arrow and failing. I think it's due to me not setting the IMB editor up for SW3 properly is that the case or is it a deeper issue I noticed you'd commented out the heavy guns either for balance or some other reason.

Also on a semi related issue is there an easy way to work out where slots show up or is it just trail and error work?

Just so you know, I think the Silver Arrow is nearly overpowered as it is... With the right combination of mods, it can become as fast and maneuverable as a fighter - Or just really fast if you want to go all over the place quickly (top speed over 3500!!)

Add the ability to swap out various pilots on the fly without docking, and you end up with a solution to any problem... Put someone like Cleric or Astra in when you want speed and defense, then switch to Ternie or Ace and watch the enemy ships fall, one by one. Even capital ships can't bother you if you kite them a bit.

Goblin Wizard
08-31-2010, 07:21 AM
You're right. Silver Arrow is overpowered if you use it that way. I simply like to have installed many different systems. Hmm... what you prefer: less system slots or lower speed and maneuverability?

General idea: For me battles are too short. All ships (especially fighters) die too fast. Devs gave us 4 tier weapons but ships' hp stays unchanged. What about e.g. doubling all ships hp? It may change some one hit weapons (like torpedoes) to be less useful but it should make the game more challenging. Let me know what you think. Any other ideas are welcomed too. I'm open to any suggestions.

PS. Dumorimasoddaa check your pm.

Trucidation
08-31-2010, 07:57 AM
Careful, not all ships scale well. E.g. I tripled ships' hp but then capital ships take too long to kill. Missiles damage is still ok if you use pilot with rocket perks. Try 3x fighter hp, 2x capital ship hp. Stations don't need adjusting. Pulse laser damage divided by 3 is still strong. Actually, you could try halving all damage.

Other than that, I dunno. Been playing hard difficulty + fleet mod so I get in plenty of large fights and I agree they're over too fast. It's not easy to figure out what to adjust without breaking something else.

Silver Arrow? Fewer slots would be better than sacrificing maneuverability. Main problem is we can't limit gun tiers / guns are too strong. With maxed Bryna&KT I don't even have to tank, just park it near the fight and it'll kill anything. Often I don't even bother launching my fighters... that's wrong :P

We still can't get rockets on mothership? Might be better to have only 1-2 guns, the rest use rocket slots. Thoughts?

Goblin Wizard
08-31-2010, 12:15 PM
We still can't get rockets on mothership? Might be better to have only 1-2 guns, the rest use rocket slots. Thoughts?
Check this test version (http://www.filefront.com/17250756/Data.zip).
Changes:
In the maintenance station menu you'll find Summon Trade Station perk (it's free). In the mothership section buy alien dread. It has 4 missile slots. When you activate the perk you can load missile luncher. In order to prevent wasting missiles you have to load lunchers just before the shot and unload it manually if you want to stop shooting (if you use torpedoes it's not a problem). Perk has 99 uses so it shouldn't be a problem. It's the only way, I've found, to simulate on/off fighters ability. After you deplete the missiles you have to manually unload empty rack and load new one.

For now you can buy some fighters and guns in the shop but I'll probably remove them in the normal version. FTU market contains one BigShip converted to Interceptor so you can try a little alien fleet :grin:. Unfortunately, interceptor's AI has some problems with handling big, slow ships.

Of course, you can change all your ms armament during a fly. Imo it's cheating but I can't prevent it ;)

I'm waiting for comments :)

Trucidation
08-31-2010, 12:44 PM
Thanks Goblin Wizard, I'll test it when I get back. Btw what do you mean torpedoes are not a problem?

Manually reloading the rocket slots (i.e. triggering the Summon Trade Station) should be okay with 99 uses. Changing armaments on the fly is a problem... maybe. As long as players can't actually buy anything new from the perk it should be ok - the perk summon is calling up an empty station, right? Try this: limit the perk to 20 uses so that the player is not careless with changing gear every 2-3 minutes. 20 uses should be enough, hell I spam the regular skills just fine and those are 5 uses. Do we know when the player skills are reset?

Are those rocket slots for the mothership identical to rocket slots on fighters? If not I can design ones more suitable for the mothership. No big deal if they are the same, just thinking of variety.

Goblin Wizard
08-31-2010, 01:25 PM
Thanks Goblin Wizard, I'll test it when I get back. Btw what do you mean torpedoes are not a problem? There is one torpedo in a pack. That's why ms can't waste it like e.g. Hailstorm (32 in pack)

Manually reloading the rocket slots (i.e. triggering the Summon Trade Station) should be okay with 99 uses. Changing armaments on the fly is a problem... maybe. As long as players can't actually buy anything new from the perk it should be ok - the perk summon is calling up an empty station, right?
You can actually buy some ships and equipment in the shop but emptying it, it's not a problem.
Do we know when the player skills are reset?
What do you mean?
Are those rocket slots for the mothership identical to rocket slots on fighters? If not I can design ones more suitable for the mothership. No big deal if they are the same, just thinking of variety. Slots are identical. You can use the same missiles as fighters use. To make a difference we can set some of the missiles "ONLY_BIGSHIP" and others "ONLY_FIGHTER" (like systems).

Trucidation
08-31-2010, 03:41 PM
There is one torpedo in a pack. That's why ms can't waste it like e.g. Hailstorm (32 in pack)
Hmm, so there is no problem because there is only 1 missile to fire.

What do you mean?
I mean when do the pilots' skill usages get reset? Example, pilot has 3 uses of salvo. After using them up, when does the game reset it so he can use it 3 times again? Just realised this isn't important to know - I was thinking about using this to limit the number of times the perk can be used but maybe it's not possible. I'd rather actually have the perk use to fire the missiles, and not care how many times the player loads. This way player can choose when to fire them instead of mothership automatically firing them the moment it detects hostiles.

Slots are identical. You can use the same missiles as fighters use. To make a difference we can set some of the missiles "ONLY_BIGSHIP" and others "ONLY_FIGHTER" (like systems).
Oh right, I forgot about those tags :)

Edit:
Crap, cousin borrowed that laptop so I can't test until next week.

Goblin Wizard
08-31-2010, 03:52 PM
All perks get reset when you jump through the gate.

Dumorimasoddaa
08-31-2010, 11:04 PM
For now you can buy some fighters and guns in the shop but I'll probably remove them in the normal version.

Of course, you can change all your ms armament during a fly. Imo it's cheating but I can't prevent it ;)
Keep it as a stocked shop and sell the fighters and such from the maternee station there.

Trucidation
09-05-2010, 06:39 PM

I'm waiting for comments :)
+ It works
o Can't see how many missiles are left - fortunately can just view inventory (press B) instead of using up a perk
- Players can attach any module, not just rockets - reattaching any shield module fully recharges shields to max, this is a big exploit
- Cannot use perk unless hero is launched

I noticed you modded torpedo 1 to have 10 uses. Btw the Alien Dreadnaught isn't the best ship to test missiles, it turns too slowly and it seems to only fire missiles within a narrow arc - most of the time it doesn't even turn to face hostiles but relies on turrets. I didn't attach any turrets at all so the ship just hovered there facing one direction while enemies flew around shooting it. Perhaps this is due to how the rocket slots are positioned. In a way, this is good, since the mothership won't simply spam rockets unless target is within arc of fire. It also only seems to fire rockets if the target is at a certain distance - I noticed it wouldn't fire at point-blank targets. This might be a particular rocket setting though.

Goblin Wizard
09-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Alien Dreadnaught isn't indeed the best ship to test but the only one with 4 missile slots now. But imo mothership is not supposed to kill fighters with missiles. The missiles for mothership are those with long range and high damage (and eventually MIRVs). Mothership should use missile to fight with other mothership, battle stations and such.

You're right. This method has many disadvantages. Activating shop via perk is generally an exploit but it's the only way to load/unload missile bay. There is no command in the script which let you do it. You can't add fighter's options to mothership's GUI too. So.. the question is: Is this method really worth to keep it that way? Do we need mothership with missiles that much?

btw If you want to fire at point blank you have to load missile first and then set target (or simply cancel the fire order and set it again). I think it worked that way.

P.S. 10 torpedoes is just a remnant of previous tests.

Trucidation
09-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I was thinking of leaving LRMs/torpedoes for mothership. Unfortunately it looks like this method can't work as we would like it to.

Exakter
09-06-2010, 12:57 AM
work within the limitations we have then.

You can effectively have dumbfired torpedos.

Use a turret res plasma cannon and remodel a shot to look like a torp.

Though of course butchers or any 'turret' capable ship could use them.

Still, make a low fire rate, slow/medium speed, high accuracy, dumbfired torp that way.

Could rebalance the larger ships so that only other larger ships really challenge them.

Adjust turret tracking, or at least accuracy for HIGH damage weapons. allow the lasers to be those accurate/weak weapons that demolish fighters, but really just splash against enemy shields/hulls with certain exceptions. The medium accuracy / higher damage cannons and then other higher damage weapons would then have a functions. (Rather useless imho as is, considering the accuracy of lasers and plethora of fighters). I'd love to make those dual heavy cannons worthwhile for once.

Btw, i haven't seen it mentioned here... but I so far I love playing with my allies in corvettes and such and have modded some myself (within your mod) to play with. Having destroyers and other vessels playable for allies would be awesome too. Size hasn't seemed to affect the hanger usage really. Ultimately I have adjusted my settings to turn autolaunch off- but that could allow people to adjust configs for larger vessels. It's a bit messy, but.. then fleet actions are really possible.

Trucidation
09-06-2010, 02:39 AM
The missiles aren't a problem, can easily mod them... it's what the rest of the interface allows. The devs really should consider this in the upcoming expansion pack.

As for overall balance, yeah I'm still working on the integrated patch (fleet / mothership / missile mods). Kept putting it off because I thought there'd be updates to this mod, heh. You're pretty much spot-on about the weapons; I'd also been actually considering removing the higher-tier turrets and expanding light gun types. My experience was that at high levels the mothership pilot Bryna&KT turn your ship from a carrier-type into a battleship-type. I often tank battles with it solo without even launching my fighters, that's just wrong lol. Besides, I find 4 tiers of each weapon excessively redundant - how many players even bother with the tier 1 or 2 guns anyway?

Problem is the game only technically recognises 2 types of damage, laser and other. Plus shields are a universal type anyway, aside from the additional laser defence modules - which only few ships carry. There's barely any difference between lasers and particle accelerators (both laser type), and plasma is also similar damage/rate-of-fire except that it isn't laser damage. We can play around with rate of fire, damage, dispersion, range... that's about it I think.

Edit:
Combination mod finished. It's around 30+mb minus the voice pack (I think I'll let you guys download that separately, it's 50mb). Where should I upload this?

Goblin Wizard
09-06-2010, 07:04 AM
Combination mod finished. It's around 30+mb minus the voice pack (I think I'll let you guys download that separately, it's 50mb). Where should I upload this?
I use filefront because it's fast and doesn't have irritating limits for unregistered users like rapidshare or megaupload.

Exakter
09-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Well for capital ships, you could build in laser protection into shield modules, or hull rep even, or every bigship module, to show the base laser defense.

That would allow you to make lasers the anti-fighter weapon of choice.

then give every standard ai cap ship at least one or two systems with l-d.

Trucidation
09-06-2010, 07:50 AM
Well for capital ships, you could build in laser protection into shield modules,
If they didn't hardcode the XML files we could simply add laser defense to bigship-type shield modules :/ Hope the expansion will fix that but I'm not really holding my breath for it (would be awesome if they did, there's lots of things that could use combo tweaking).

Edit:
Thanks for the Filefront tip, uploaded and redownload tested ok.
http://www.filefront.com/17267461/SW3CW--combo_mods.zip
It's only 15mb, I forgot to calculate the size after the mods were compressed.

P.S> Goblin Wizard, if I could trouble you for another favour... could you put your mod's changes.txt file as an attachment on the first post? Thanks! Got a firewall at work preventing me from accessing Filefront, heh.

Rastix
09-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Hope the expansion will fix that but I'm not really holding my breath for it (would be awesome if they did, there's lots of things that could use combo tweaking).

How will devs know about yours wishes?:-P

Trucidation
09-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Been posting on the Elite Games forum too but it looks like they're too busy to answer.

Exakter
09-06-2010, 04:47 PM
ah well.

I guess you could just add an extra slot to all cap ships and give them l-d by default.

Then anyone who takes it off... oh well ;)

Rastix
09-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Been posting on the Elite Games forum too but it looks like they're too busy to answer.

The answer is simple
Not all of them understand English well
But it's not a problem, moderator and some other key people could make translation

Goblin Wizard
09-09-2010, 12:15 PM
I've started adding new ships. This is my first (looks familiar?:-P). Let me know what you think.

Dumorimasoddaa
09-10-2010, 12:45 AM
I've got the real urge to see how a GKgun would work on a fighter but fining one it will sit on with out looking to stupid will be fun I guess I'll slap it on the Yuri for now. There's that and adding a few more GKguns such as a pulse laser and a autocannon.

Trucidation
09-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Reminds me of an MSF battleship chopped in half; is it from SW2?

Vanant 2
09-26-2010, 03:04 PM
I was playing the game finely, until I reached the Precursors sector. There, the difficulty became absurd and I had to cheat.

I decided to intall this mod too, but I have a problem. I´ve bought the Rihno, but I can´t install heavy guns on it. A message says that I can´t do it in those sockets. I´ve tried with all the guns that this mod sells, none of them fit in the "heavy gun" socket... Are there different kind of major caliber turrets or it´s a bug?

Trucidation
09-26-2010, 09:39 PM
You need to buy the mothership guns from a maintenance station. Yeah, they're using the same names - but if you look closely the brown shading is slightly different. It's sorta bugged me too, but oh well.

Avalon4
10-25-2010, 08:14 AM
Hi again... Love the mod, was wondering if you had an updated version of it available...

Anyway, I was posting to let you know of a couple of bugs... A small bug I found when trying to use the playable Butcher - it seems I can't load any kind of turret onto the ship except the Avenger (perhaps this is the default weapon used by the enemy ships?)

Also, a much bigger bug I found - This one happens in the Triada system of KIANTI. If you were to use the Maintenance Station there and change your mothership type, then you would become unable to use the Maintenance Station, or the Trade Station, or any of the portals... You would be stuck in the Kianti system. I don't have any of my game saves for you, but I had tried this with many of my older saves that included this mod, and all of them experienced this problem.

Goblin Wizard
10-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Anyway, I was posting to let you know of a couple of bugs... A small bug I found when trying to use the playable Butcher - it seems I can't load any kind of turret onto the ship except the Avenger (perhaps this is the default weapon used by the enemy ships?)
Try to buy any new turret and check if it fits. Turrets from the saves made before mod installation have ONLY_BIGSHIP tag. The new ones (bought or dropped) will have ALL_SHIPS tag and may be used by any ship. The Avenger turret you have is a special version dropped by npc Butcher (it doesn't stack with another Avenger turrets bought from shop, right?).

Also, a much bigger bug I found - This one happens in the Triada system of KIANTI. If you were to use the Maintenance Station there and change your mothership type, then you would become unable to use the Maintenance Station, or the Trade Station, or any of the portals... You would be stuck in the Kianti system. I don't have any of my game saves for you, but I had tried this with many of my older saves that included this mod, and all of them experienced this problem.

Thanks for info. I don't have much time now so I'll fix this during next week (don't expect any bigger update, sorry).

Nanaki
10-27-2010, 01:31 AM
It kinda looks like a Starbridge from Escape Velocity: Nova... other than that, the ship does not ring a bell.

Goblin Wizard
10-27-2010, 10:58 AM
It kinda looks like a Starbridge from Escape Velocity: Nova... other than that, the ship does not ring a bell.
I know.. It was my first successful attempt to import models from 3dsmax. After that, I've learnt some more about models, textures and SW3 engine limitations so now this model looks much better. But its design is far from being brilliant or exiting.

Goblin Wizard
10-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Also, a much bigger bug I found - This one happens in the Triada system of KIANTI..
KIANTI...I can't find such a sector. Please, check again and let me know.

Shidoshi
12-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Hi Goblin Wizard!

Just wanted to say cheers! on such a great mod and all your hard work. I'm now checking into modding the ships and I remember you changed the Systemmodule slots in the MS to less and I was wondering how to ADD a SystemModule (type=SystemModule) to a MotherShip. I can add it...but I can not place modules in it. I get the error that I can't add to this slot. I'm missing something...big...perhaps? Please help! You are the best!! And I know you are busy... ;-) Thanks!

FYI- modding is only for my own pleasure. I will not post my changes anywhere.

Goblin Wizard
12-05-2010, 10:47 PM
You have to increase the number of system slots in the appropriate ship description in the carcasses.xml. If it still doesn't work - jump through any gate. If it still doesn't work - buy the mothership again.

Shidoshi
12-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Thanks!!! Worked perfectly!! pure genius...

Veronw
01-29-2011, 03:07 AM
Hello, first post here, would like to say thank you for putting so much effort into making this mod, I have truly enjoyed it. I was also curious if you could release any updated "other" mothership files, so that they would actually be useable in the game?

I tried looking in the scripting files to see if I could fix it myself, but its too complicated for me.

Goblin Wizard
01-29-2011, 07:09 AM
I was working on other motherships but never finished them.
Hmm.. Which ms you want to try? I can't promise anything but maybe I'll make one or two flyable.

Veronw
01-31-2011, 10:46 PM
Sorry about the delay, was busy.

I was hoping to give the Alien Frigate a shot, its such a nice design for a ship, and quite powerful. I managed to mod in the Liger Dreadnought that someone has posted in the modding thread, so I've been messing around with the frigate some more, seeing if I can fix it. Sadly, no luck.

Goblin Wizard
02-02-2011, 08:52 PM
IIRC I made Alien Frigate flyable but only as a heavy fighter. It's relatively small and has fragile/thin construction so I think it doesn't fit for a mothership (no room for good looking docking bay).
But as a fighter it's very overpowered ship. Originally, it has 4 turrets and 4 or 5 systems. I've added 2 missile launchers so it can easily go head to head with most of the motherships. Maneuverability isn't as good as even Butcher's but it's far better than most of the motherships (thanks to its vertical construction). I really didn't have any good idea how to balance it.
If you want I can send you alien frigate as it is.

Veronw
02-03-2011, 05:44 AM
Sure! I was wondering myself how to get fighters to dock with it, guess it'll have to do as a corvette type thing heh. Can have the hero pilot that.

Thanks!

Avalon4
02-11-2011, 08:45 PM
The Alien Frigate is currently fly-able (though only as a fighter, not a MS)

1. First, you need to make sure you have the correct version of the mod. If you can perform Step 2, then you have the right one.

2. In the Maintenance Station window, in Goblin Wizard's Shipyard, choose the option, "Get Summon Trade Station Perk"

3. Launch your main character in a fighter, activate the perk (it has 99 uses) to get the special station screen. Alien Frigates are only sold in the FTU Warehouse, so you will need that perk as well.

IIRC the stats are: 2000 Shield, 4000 Armor, ?speed, ?Maneuver, 4 **TURRET** weapon points, 2 Missile weapon points, 4 System hardpoints.

It's much sturdier than the ordinary fighters by far, but the weapon mounts are omni-spread, limiting attack power in much the same way as the MS's. It also has (obviously) a larger surface, which will show you just how many enemy shots miss your normal sized fighters. As large as they are, 6000 HP isn't nearly as much as it sounds.

(Hint: In this version of the mod, the Alien Dreadnought is fully playable (20K armor, 10K shields, and nearly 20 turret mounts) so you could roleplay a rather massive Alien attack (for example, in Eridani or other end-game systems). Even Kreuger is halfway amusing for this (now what do you pirate dogs think?) :-P:-P:-P:-P:-P

Kuanny1990
03-06-2011, 04:28 AM
I dont think the alien mothership actually shoots at all, you dont get a screen to mount things, it just show some russian and error on the screen where you should be able to mount turrents and systems :confused:

So far only the ones payable with credits (the ones i tried) is mountable.

The Super Chimera is also unmountable.

Goblin Wizard
03-06-2011, 07:59 AM
I'd like to clarify something.
The mod version linked in the first post is the latest "normal" version I made. Some users of this forum got the unfinished/beta version of the next release. This beta version had many test features not fully developed to the point I wanted. IIRC it has playable alien frigate and dreadnought, new perks, GUI changes, etc. If anyone want to get this beta, pm me. I'll try to find it.

I'd like to further develop the mod but I don't have enough time lately. The 2nd reason is upcoming Ashes of Victory with the new gfx engine and new features. I hope some bottlenecks will be removed and maybe dev tools/editors added.

Kuanny1990
03-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Sorry that I didnt say this in my last reply, but thanks for the mod, and its very nice.

And I have read up the pages and realise the situation.

Thank you again :-P

Marisss15004
03-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Nice mod you have here, good work.

Don't know if you're still working on the mod, but if you are:
The Lion Mk1 (invincible) has 5 turrets not 4, and one is missing from the mothership GUI, nothing to serious, just to add another slot in the ini file.

And it would be nice if you add the Lion Mk3 as well (personal favorite).

For the shipyard dialog:

Could you try making a more compact list (maybe even pages?) for us 1024x768 ressolution users. (the stilleto mk2 row is only half visible and only the upper half of the manticore specs can be seen).

Maybe even add the Mastiff and Astrate in case someone would want them back.

Groundar
05-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Good job goblin , it is really a very nice mod.
Do you still working it or as you said in your last post , you stopped cause of the upcoming Ashes of Victory ?

Goblin Wizard
05-24-2011, 11:20 PM
Thank you guys for all kind words.
Yes, I stopped working on this mod because of Ashes of Victory but it was before release date was changed. Vacations are coming soon so I'll have some more free time. I'd like to add some new ships. I think about Eve Online models cause they are quite easy to transfer. I'm not a 3D artist so I won't make any new models. The ships I'd like to add the most are those from Alien and Predator movies like USS cruiser "Sulaco", predator's mothership, dropships, etc. I hope I'll find something with reasonable textures quality.

Groundar
05-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Nice i hope you can find some time to add a few things.

Good job again ;)

FantasyFlow
06-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Hello everyone and GW!
Thank you for the awesome mod! Great job!
I would like to ask a few question regarding modding :D

<max_speed>X</max_speed>
<maneurability>Y</maneurability>
<steering_power>Z</steering_power>
<sensor_resolution>T</sensor_resolution>

How do I calculate X,Y,Z and T? :D

And what to do to make the modifications work for the savegame? I try some on the Butcher, sometimes the changes are applied, sometimes nothing happens.

Can AI use the fighters added to the game or only players can purchase and use them?

PS: Your mod work great for savegame :)

Goblin Wizard
06-09-2011, 01:04 PM
I've stopped playing this game and working on this mod some months ago so I don't remember how exactly all these stats work. IIRC:
- max_speed - multiply by 100 and you'll get the in-game speed.
- maneurability - it's not exactly maneuverability but additional modifier used by systems and perks.
- steering_power - this is one of two parameters from which real maneuverability is calculated (second is mass). I don't know the formula.
- sensor_resolution - there is a lot about sensor_resolution in one of the threads on this forum but unfortunately I don't remember where. Try to search for it.

If you want to be sure if something works or not jump out of the sector and enter it again (sector needs reset after loading a saved game).

Sing_In_Silence
08-22-2011, 08:04 PM
Again, late to the party, but wanted at least to say:
This is one cool mod.

Note: using 0.27 from the combined modpack.

Got a couple of minor issues (Ships with the wrong generation, would be nice if there was an option to list B&KT's learned perks, some(?) of the H.Turrets don't blink if you have a stealth module), but given the engine limitations you're working with (e.g. 'Interceptor' Butchers. Ugh.), this is a great piece of work.

Not entirely balanced, though.
The USS convoy mission can give you upwards of 1mil cr.
Star Hammer costs 1.5 mil, and there's a Maintenance Station right there.
Get it, and it's pretty much game over (if you can bear its 'speed'), especially if you put an Engineer as its pilot.

Of course, the simplest solution is just to not buy it. :p

Overall:
Great work.
Two thumbs up. :D

Late edit:
* It occurs to me to wonder if the HTs not blinking in Stealth is because the Devs just stopped working on them when they were cut.

* The extra pilots are good, Ace is great, Bryna and KT are awesome :mrgreen:

Trucidation
09-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Heh, I could never bear the Hammer's speed, because - unfortunately - a lot of time is spent just cruising to a (distant) portal. Reminds me of the cruise engines in Freelancer. Which reminds me there's a dearth in space sim games in general, ugh.

Kichigai
12-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Hi,

Sorry to resurrect the thread, but I've recently replayed SW3, and I would like to try out the mods- any chance for a reupload? Seems gamefront is not working now, which is the same as with the combined mods on the sticky.

Thanks!

Goblin Wizard
12-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Try alternate download links for my mod. About mod pack I can't help.

Darearkin
02-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Sorry to ubernecro here, but- when it says 'some missions require a certain mothership.' aside from the first freighter/transport/mastiff- are there others?

Paradoxon
09-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Thank you guys for all kind words.
Yes, I stopped working on this mod because of Ashes of Victory but it was before release date was changed. Vacations are coming soon so I'll have some more free time. I'd like to add some new ships. I think about Eve Online models cause they are quite easy to transfer. I'm not a 3D artist so I won't make any new models. The ships I'd like to add the most are those from Alien and Predator movies like USS cruiser "Sulaco", predator's mothership, dropships, etc. I hope I'll find something with reasonable textures quality.

Hello Goblin Wizard !S

Despite being VERY late to the party and i am wondering if anybody will read this (:P), i wanna say:

GREAT WORK WITH THIS MOD !!! SALUTE FOR YOUR HARD WORKING !!!

I had played through SW3 a few times 2 yrears ago or so and sadly didnt found your mod compilation those days... maybe then i never hadnt stopped playing SW3 at all !!!

Now, when reinstalling it again, i luckily stumpled upon this mod and enjoy playing the game much more than in its vanilla status !! So again, thumbs up for the great work

I have a few questions:

1. with the cancellation of Ashes of Victory SW3 is up to now the latest version of this game

2. maybe you Guys will get again hooked by SW when reinstalling it the same way i did :P

3. if this would be the case, what about finishing your great mod ???

4. i think about adding your mentionend new ships out of the quota

5. And this is my BIGGEST wish:
you Guys came out with the idea a few pages earlier in this thread (yeah, i readed ALL of the 23 pages) with a greatly INCREASED HP-POOL of ALL ships ... i think, that would be AWESOME !!!

I agree that the battles are too fast over, this or the other way !!!

So would it be possible that you could make this real ??

- Either by DEFAULT with enhancing all Fighter HPs AND Shields by just a given number (i would say 3 times or even 5 times) and the bigger ships by a different one as being suggested (lets say 2 times or 3 times)
- Or maybe even with the help of a perk which gives the player the choice whether he wants to double, triple or whatever times he wants the HPs ???

So those are my suggestions, will check this every other day if someone of you brilliant guys are showing up again...

Cheers

Simbal
09-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Hello Goblin Wizard !S

Despite being VERY late to the party and i am wondering if anybody will read this (:P), i wanna say:

GREAT WORK WITH THIS MOD !!! SALUTE FOR YOUR HARD WORKING !!!

I had played through SW3 a few times 2 yrears ago or so and sadly didnt found your mod compilation those days... maybe then i never hadnt stopped playing SW3 at all !!!

Now, when reinstalling it again, i luckily stumpled upon this mod and enjoy playing the game much more than in its vanilla status !! So again, thumbs up for the great work

I have a few questions:

1. with the cancellation of Ashes of Victory SW3 is up to now the latest version of this game

2. maybe you Guys will get again hooked by SW when reinstalling it the same way i did :P

3. if this would be the case, what about finishing your great mod ???

4. i think about adding your mentionend new ships out of the quota

5. And this is my BIGGEST wish:
you Guys came out with the idea a few pages earlier in this thread (yeah, i readed ALL of the 23 pages) with a greatly INCREASED HP-POOL of ALL ships ... i think, that would be AWESOME !!!

I agree that the battles are too fast over, this or the other way !!!

So would it be possible that you could make this real ??

- Either by DEFAULT with enhancing all Fighter HPs AND Shields by just a given number (i would say 3 times or even 5 times) and the bigger ships by a different one as being suggested (lets say 2 times or 3 times)
- Or maybe even with the help of a perk which gives the player the choice whether he wants to double, triple or whatever times he wants the HPs ???

So those are my suggestions, will check this every other day if someone of you brilliant guys are showing up again...

Cheers

Your last wish is actually possible

You only need to mod carcasses.xml ( i recommend notepad++ for modding XML files)

if you want to modify HP&Shield stats you need to see for something like this:

<Interceptor name="Excalibur_pl0">
<short_name>#M_Name_Excalibur</short_name>
<hint>#M_Hint_Excalibur</hint>
<short_desc>#M_SDesc_Excalibur</short_desc>
<long_desc>#M_LDesc_Excalibur</long_desc>
<mesh_name>Excalibur_gamer</mesh_name>
<flat_image>Excalibur_player</flat_image>
<hit_points>130</hit_points>
<mass>720</mass>
<disable_trade/>
<cost>15000</cost>
<technology/>
<EPR>1.2</EPR>
<explosion_script>Fighter</explosion_script>
<work_sound/>
<silence/>
<max_energy>50</max_energy>
<energy_restore>2</energy_restore>
<max_speed>7.5</max_speed>
<maneurability>8</maneurability>
<steering_power>25</steering_power>
<sensor_resolution>0.38</sensor_resolution>
<sensor_length>135</sensor_length>
<threat>2</threat>
<mapping_name>excalibur_shop</mapping_name>
<HolderProperties>
<big_guns>1</big_guns>
<small_guns/>
<rockets>2</rockets>
<systems>2</systems>
<turrets/>
<gk_guns/>
<gk_turrets/>
</HolderProperties>
<engine_sound>Engine-Class1.wav</engine_sound>
<engine_start_sound>Start_engine_2a.wav</engine_start_sound>
<level>1</level>
</Interceptor>

hp_points = HP
max_energy = Shields

please note: player ships are marked with _pl0
like:
<Interceptor name="Hrimturs_pl0">
<short_name>#M_Name_Hrimturs</short_name>
<hint>#M_Hint_Hrimturs</hint>
<short_desc>#M_SDesc_Hrimturs</short_desc>
<long_desc>#M_LDesc_Hrimturs</long_desc>
<mesh_name>Hrimturs_player</mesh_name>
<flat_image>Hrimturs_player</flat_image>
<hit_points>700</hit_points>
<mass>2205</mass>
<disable_trade/>
<cost>105000</cost>
<technology/>
<EPR>1.5</EPR>
<work_sound/>
<silence/>
<max_energy>300</max_energy>
<max_speed>8.5</max_speed>
<maneurability>9</maneurability>
<steering_power>199</steering_power>
<threat>5</threat>
<mapping_name>hrimturs_shop</mapping_name>
<HolderProperties>
<big_guns/>
<small_guns>1</small_guns>
<rockets>4</rockets>
<systems>2</systems>
<turrets/>
<gk_guns/>
<gk_turrets/>
</HolderProperties>
<engine_sound>Engine-Class3.wav</engine_sound>
<level>4</level>
</Interceptor>

Fighter = Interceptor

Motherships = BigShip

for navy ships: _nav0
for uss ships: _uss0
for triad ships: _tri0
for inoco ships: _ino0

sure it would be a little work, but you can do it yourself
its easy, trust me ;)

Paradoxon
09-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Your last wish is actually possible

You only need to mod carcasses.xml ( i recommend notepad++ for modding XML files)

if you want to modify HP&Shield stats you need to see for something like this:

<mesh_name>Excalibur_Inoco</mesh_name>
<flat_image>Excalibur_inoco</flat_image>
<mass>720</mass>
<disable_trade/>
<cost>15000</cost>
<technology/>
<EPR>1.2</EPR>
<work_sound/>
<silence/>
<threat>2</threat>
<HolderProperties>
<big_guns>1</big_guns>
<small_guns/>
<rockets>2</rockets>
<systems>2</systems>
<turrets/>
<gk_guns/>
<gk_turrets/>
</HolderProperties>
<level>1</level>
</Interceptor>

hp_points = HP
max_energy = Shields

please note: player ships are marked with _pl0
like:
<Interceptor name="Hrimturs_pl0">
<short_name>#M_Name_Hrimturs</short_name>
<hint>#M_Hint_Hrimturs</hint>
<short_desc>#M_SDesc_Hrimturs</short_desc>
<long_desc>#M_LDesc_Hrimturs</long_desc>
<mesh_name>Hrimturs_Inoco</mesh_name>
<flat_image>Hrimturs_inoco</flat_image>
<hit_points>700</hit_points>
<mass>2205</mass>
<disable_trade/>
<cost>105000</cost>
<technology/>
<EPR>1.5</EPR>
<work_sound/>
<silence/>
<max_energy>300</max_energy>
<max_speed>8.5</max_speed>
<maneurability>9</maneurability>
<steering_power>199</steering_power>
<threat>5</threat>
<mapping_name>hrimturs_shop</mapping_name>
<HolderProperties>
<big_guns/>
<small_guns>1</small_guns>
<rockets>4</rockets>
<systems>2</systems>
<turrets/>
<gk_guns/>
<gk_turrets/>
</HolderProperties>
<engine_sound>Engine-Class3.wav</engine_sound>
<level>4</level>
</Interceptor>

Fighter = Interceptor

Motherships = BigShip

for navy ships: _nav0
for uss ships: _uss0
for triad ships: _tri0
for inoco ships: _ino0

sure it would be a little work, but you can do it yourself
its easy, trust me ;)

OMG ... mate ... what did you to me ???? You costed me 3 days of my life !!!

Jokes aside... MANY thanks for your advices...i followed those and did it and the end result is AMAZING !!!

I just did it right from beginning and changed the HP- AND Shield-Pool of EVERY craft in the game, but not just doubled them or tripled... no i gave them 10 times (TEN !!!!!) the amount of HP !!!

Reasons:
- i was sick about that you could take out or get took out for yourself by every decent midtier ship and equipment !!
- the destructive power of 3 or even 4 heavy guns was just so much that all fights ended up in a slaughter !!
- add to this the now much more destructive power of missiles with the mod installed and the mess was complete
- so often you had to rely on an old savegame because the fight was first running good, letting you feel safe that you can handle it and BOOM, one decent enemy vessel aimed 3, 2 or even only 1 good salvo on one of your ships it was gone !!! Think about that 4 Asmos can deliver 1320 damage in ONE hit (without any multiplier) and thats was more than even the most advanced can take !!! Add a second salvo which you couldnt most time avoid anymore and your precious ship was gone
- i wanted SPACE BATTLES with tactics involved, not a slaughter fest
- 10 times looked much from beginning but first it was easy (just adding a "0" to everything :P) but second, after countless fights i am now convinced that this way the battles are really EPIC
- Battleships are now lasting really long even under concentrated fire...as they should

Results:
- Now every larger scaled engagement results in an EPIC space battle raging for sometimes 10, 15 minutes !!!
- even those low tier Pirate teams consisting of Tier 1 Fighters takes a couple of shots
- in opposite to the vanilla gameplay when beginning with mid tier most vessels had the destructive power to kill every other vessel with just one salvo, NOW even Crafts with 4 heavy gun emplacements take multiple good hits to kill another decent ship
- i tested it making duels between my pilots both flying Panthers or Gunslingers (they have around 10k life now !!!)... those duels takes minutes with slowly reducing the other ones life

ATTENTION:
- larger engagements can be much more tricky now because you cannot reduce the number of enemy guns pointing at you with just taking out the first dozen ships with in a flyby before the melee fighting begins !!!
- yes, you have much more HP, but so does the enemy !!! It takes long to take those down, so you are fighting for a very long period of time against far superior numbers

Issues:
- i am at this point not sure whether i should adjust the passive REGENERATION and the one of the shield modules accordingly because this leads to situations where you can really TANK large enemy fleets INFINITELY because of your high end gear !!! I have to check this when i reach endgame again
- so up to now i changed just the HP-Pool of the shield modules but didnt changed the regeneration, so all ships goes into combat with a large amount of HP but those gets gradually decreased by time without proper regeneration
- this leads , wished by me, to a point at which ships must die after some time in combat
- only the repair modules gots adjusted, so you really have to take out those repaiting ships FIRST

Changelog:
1. First i adjusted ALL crafts in the game with 10times more HP and Shield (even Asteroids)
2. I BALANCED different vessels against each other adjusting MANEUVERING, MASS and STEERING POWER and TIER
3. adjusted a Bug in the PILOTS folder giving Baward and Joker right from beginning full 100% abilities making them super heros (gave them only 10 points like everyother pilot have from beginning, they had 100 points in every aspect)
4. changed the role of some fighters, making for example the BASTARD and SKOLM to fast, light RECON vesssels with huge sensor range from beginning
5. so many high tier crafts got changed that calling all of them would take too long now...

WISHES:

1. SLOT CHANGING:
- can someone tell me, how i change the NUMBER of SLOTS in vessels (f.e. adding more system-slots) ??
- and changing from light guns to heavy guns or rockets slots ??
- i dont want to bother with visual gun emplacements, so the end number of guns and rockets should stay the same !!!
- in "carcass" its not working, you just change the text of the description
- someone knows how to handle this ???

2. Changing Prizes in the Maintainance Stations ???
- they are just to cheap now, some crafts should cost 10 times as now

!!! Again, many thanks for the information, NOW i have a fantastic game to play !!!

Simbal
09-07-2013, 02:13 PM
OMG ... mate ... what did you to me ???? You costed me 3 days of my life !!!

WISHES:

1. SLOT CHANGING:
- can someone tell me, how i change the NUMBER of SLOTS in vessels (f.e. adding more system-slots) ??
- and changing from light guns to heavy guns or rockets slots ??
- i dont want to bother with visual gun emplacements, so the end number of guns and rockets should stay the same !!!
- in "carcass" its not working, you just change the text of the description
- someone knows how to handle this ???

2. Changing Prizes in the Maintainance Stations ???
- they are just to cheap now, some crafts should cost 10 times as now

!!! Again, many thanks for the information, NOW i have a fantastic game to play !!!

Nice i could help you, but the thing with slots is a little complicated.

for Adding/Editing Weapons/Turrets/Missiles

you need to have IMD Editor V3, you can get it here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=2437
first of all: Select a IMD file of the ship you want to edit (The .IMD files are in the OBJECT folder), then if you want to add Weapons/Turrets/Missiles you need to Add them via the "AddReference" option (Theres too an ChangeWeaponType Option for changing the Weapon/Turret/Missile into something other) in the IMD editor, then if its Added
select it and give it the XYZ Position coordinates & XYZ Rotation coordinates (You can test a little bit and see how it works)

if you finished giving it the XYZ Coordinates & Rotation Coordinates then save the .IMD and go to carcasses.xml and search the ship you edited in the IMD editor and edit the amounts of Weapons/Turrets/Missiles to the amount you added in the IMD Editor

Like i have added one additional turret to the Excalibur.IMD file, then im going to have to do this:
<mesh_name>Excalibur_player</mesh_name>
<mass>720</mass>
<disable_trade/>
<cost>15000</cost>
<technology/>
<EPR>1.2</EPR>
<work_sound/>
<silence/>
<threat>2</threat>
<HolderProperties>
<big_guns>1</big_guns>
<small_guns/>
<rockets>2</rockets>
<systems>2</systems>
<turrets>1</turrets>
<gk_guns/>
<gk_turrets/>
</HolderProperties>
<level>1</level>
</Interceptor>

If you want to add Modules to the ship

you just need to increase this here in the carcasses.xml
<mesh_name>Excalibur_player</mesh_name>
<mass>720</mass>
<disable_trade/>
<cost>15000</cost>
<technology/>
<EPR>1.2</EPR>
<work_sound/>
<silence/>
<threat>2</threat>
<HolderProperties>
<big_guns>1</big_guns>
<small_guns/>
<rockets>2</rockets>
<systems>9999</systems>
<turrets/>
<gk_guns/>
<gk_turrets/>
</HolderProperties>
<level>1</level>
</Interceptor>

then INGAME you just need to double click the modules you want to put into the ship, but if you want too GUI Slots then you need to go the the directory: TEXTURE/Interface/Carcass/Slots/ and edit the "Ship Name".ini file
TEMPLATE > if you want to add one additional turret GUI Slot to the Excalibur:

[image]
name=ships01
tuv=ships
index=1

[slot1]
type=BigGun
refpoint=center
image_coord=11 48
text_coord=96 110
text_aligment= LEFT

[slot2]
type=RocketModule
refpoint=left
image_coord=11 148
text_coord=96 210
text_aligment=LEFT

[slot3]
type=RocketModule
refpoint=right
image_coord=419 148
text_coord=415 210
text_aligment=RIGHT

[slot4]
type=SystemModule
refpoint=system1
image_coord=11 248
text_coord= 96 310
text_aligment=LEFT

[slot5]
type=SystemModule
refpoint=system2
image_coord=419 248
text_coord=415 310
text_aligment=RIGHT

[slot6]
type=TurretModule
refpoint="IMD-Parameter name of Reference"
image_coord (XY Coordinates of Slot)=422 252
text_coord (XY Coordinates of Text)=426 260
text_aligment=DOWN

the results may be not the best, because i don't do much stuff with the GUI slots (once again the GUI is an optional thing todo, you can just double click the Weapon/Turret/Missile/Module and it will fit, but only if the IMD file of the ship supports more Stuff to be added)

Heres an screenshot of what you can do with the IMD Editor:
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8839/og61.png
*Note: I used Module references so i can add more ship objects into it

2. the Pricing at maintance stations

are you talking about GW's buyable ships?

EDIT: if you want to create a new ship without using a existing ship as Main-Object, you can use the NULL.IMD file found in the Objects folder (which is a Invisible mesh), so you can add new Ship Objects(IMD) with Modules, this works like so:

Open up IMD Editor V3 then open the NULL.IMD file in the Object folder of the game, then select the option AddReference then select Module, and put into the textbox which says "<name of IMD-file>" something like this (must be a valid IMD file name) "excalibur" or "IMDNameOfTheObject"

And put in the XYZ & ROTATION XYZ Coordinates, play around with it a little bit OR open up another Ship IMD file and use the allready existing XYZ coordinates of the ship

Hope it helps!
And sry for the bad english, i am not the best in it ^^:-)

Lotrek
09-10-2013, 11:13 PM
I like where you are headed here. I have used the info you posted and started to tweak some things in game myself. Anything to breathe some life into the old girl. :)

Lotrek
09-11-2013, 03:34 PM
OK so whoah I am playing a new game and tweaked it with the 10x shields and doubled the restore power of the shield modules since it took forever to recharge but I thought 10x on that would have been way overpowered.

After that, I started on ship modding. Following your instructions I was able to change some of the player ships around. In each tier of player ships I selected 1 ship type and switched out the rockets to turrets and what a game changer for gunner/pilot specs. It made some types that were meh into nice dogfighter types.

Thanks so much for this tutorial!

Simbal
09-11-2013, 05:49 PM
no problem :D

and what a game changer for gunner/pilot specs

is this a question about how to mod Pilot perks?

EDIT: nevermind ^^

Lotrek
09-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Not at all, I just always found it annoying that the game put rockets in ships with big guns. If you fly that type then you chose a gunner or pilot as your spec. With that being the case investing in the points to train rockets is a waste. I just modded some of those ships to make them more viable for gunners pilots.

Simbal
09-11-2013, 06:50 PM
Not at all, I just always found it annoying that the game put rockets in ships with big guns. If you fly that type then you chose a gunner or pilot as your spec. With that being the case investing in the points to train rockets is a waste. I just modded some of those ships to make them more viable for gunners pilots.

Well, ok then

happy modding for you & have fun:wink:

Paradoxon
09-15-2013, 11:22 PM
OK so whoah I am playing a new game and tweaked it with the 10x shields and doubled the restore power of the shield modules since it took forever to recharge but I thought 10x on that would have been way overpowered.

After that, I started on ship modding. Following your instructions I was able to change some of the player ships around. In each tier of player ships I selected 1 ship type and switched out the rockets to turrets and what a game changer for gunner/pilot specs. It made some types that were meh into nice dogfighter types.

Thanks so much for this tutorial!

Hehe...glad you liked my idea of giving things 10x the HP... its absolutely a new game but i agree, you cant give the Shield Modules also the 10x better recharge rate because then nearly nothing can down you anymore !!!

But one thing you have to keep in mind when modding ships and their guns and modules:
You have to make sure to adjust the settings for those modded ships also in the "Ship description".xml folder because otherwise the AI will NOT equip your modded ships accordingly and will in fact fly with gimped vessels !!!
And if you do so, you can give the AI ships sometimes better and, more important FULL hardware, because often AI ships dont fit every module slot and are therefore often so weak

Paradoxon
09-15-2013, 11:49 PM
no problem :D

is this a question about how to mod Pilot perks?

I dont know about him, but me wanted to change the Perks lately but couldnt find the right folders...i have some in suspect but couldnt open those because of lacking the right tools !

And again, many thanks Simbai for your excellent tutorials here, have changed so many vessels up to now that the whole balance of ships against each other was altered...

Few examples:

I created a new RECON Class with:

1. light RECON Vessel, the SKOLM (Tier 3) which has now:
- 400 clicks detection by default (higher as you can achieve with the "Agent" Module
- FASTEST vessel ingame
- most MANEUVERABLE vessel
- but VERY lightly armored and shielded

2. heavy RECON vessel for forced recon, the BASTARD Tier 4):
- 350 clicks detection
- very fast but not as much as SKOLM
- but 5 heavy guns
- double as much Shield and HP (but only 30 - 50% of a Tier 5 heavy Fighter)

New BALANCE between the HEAVY (Tier 5) Fighters:

- Wyvern got 3rd module slot and is much more faster and more nimble than any other fighter (in fact only SKOLM is faster and more nimble, so its a pure DOGFIGHTER)
- WYVERN MKII changed to 4 Heavy Guns instead of 2 Rockets, much slower and lesser nimble than WYVERN but a bit better shields and HP (in fact the WYVERN MKII is now a heavy fighter version of the WYVERN)
- DRAGON and GUNSLINGER MKII changed to 6 (SIX) heavy Guns but much slower and lesser nimble and weaker shields and armor than the WYVERN MKII

New SUPER-HEAVY Fighter class with:

- MATARICE (Tier 4 now) with the most heavy armarment but weaker shields and armor and very slow and less nimble compared to the Tier 5 ones
- RAVEN (Tier 4) has the biggest armor and shields by default ingame to compensate for the lack of any module slot

Real CORVETTE class:

- BUTCHER got 2nd turret and has now 4 module slots (now its seriously dangerous)
- CAVALIER got massive armor and shields to compensate for the lack of anything else

ROCKETS:

- Increased ROCKETS minimum and maximum range to make Rockets a real BVR weapon which needs a good amount of minimum range to shoot
- the longer the range of the weapon, the bigger also the minimum range
- adjusted the needed "Viewing angles" for rockets, so the ships have now "aim" more precisely to get the "lock" because in former stage, multi-armament ships had often refused to fire their guns because they just tried to get their missile into shooting angle and didnt tried harder to get an aim also for the guns

...and many other small changes but as i said, its essential if you want to prevent YOU getting OP, that you give ALL the AI ships for all different factions not only the same changes as for your own ships but also "tell" the AI to equip them accordingly via the "Ship description" folder

Sadly i cant change the prices for the ships in the Maintenance Stations nor add or remove ships there because this is in some hidden game folders

Lotrek
09-16-2013, 09:10 AM
Sadly i cant change the prices for the ships in the Maintenance Stations nor add or remove ships there because this is in some hidden game folders

Data/Scripts/Include/GW

That is the file goblin wizard made for the interaction of maintence stations. You can change the prices he has set there to whatever you want.

Simbal
09-16-2013, 04:26 PM
I dont know about him, but me wanted to change the Perks lately but couldnt find the right folders...i have some in suspect but couldnt open those because of lacking the right tools !

the XML file of the perks is here: Data/Game/Perks.xml

I don't know much about the perk xml file, but it seems pretty simple to me;)

maybe you find this too interesting: in the pilots.xml file you can change the perks and abilitys'n stuff of the pilots ingame (AI & Player pilots)

and... yeah, im happy to help :-)

coot
09-21-2013, 10:04 PM
How about uploading your modded files fore the rest of us ? please

Doa672ug
09-22-2013, 12:56 AM
hmmm...nice ideas here. Thanks a lot.http://indianap.fankenbolg.com/1.jpghttp://indianap.fankenbolg.com/2.jpghttp://indianap.fankenbolg.com/3.jpghttp://indianap.fankenbolg.com/4.jpghttp://indianap.fankenbolg.com/5.jpg

Simbal
11-01-2013, 01:42 PM
@Paradoxon

feel free to release your mod someday ;), would love to see a new mod:cool:

(of course, only release it if you want to)

Goblin Wizard
11-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Hello again! :)
I've just found my old Star Wolves modding archive. I turned out that an unreleased 0.28 version of my mod was hiding inside ;). AFAIR it contains some small changes to the code and two unbalanced, totally OP motherships: Alien Frigate and Alien Dreadnought (made for tests and fun). The mod may also contain other changes I've forgot about and IT MAY CRASH (or has other smaller issues) due to the simple fact that I've stopped working on it just somewhere in the middle. So, you use it at your own risk.

Motherships Mod v0.28 UNFINISHED BETA (http://www.mediafire.com/download/wwv8tyw10q281cw/Motherships_Mod_v0_28_BETATEST.zip), Mirror1 (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105063329/STAR%20WOLVES/Motherships_Mod_v0_28_BETATEST.zip)

PrivatePumpkin
12-01-2013, 12:59 AM
Hi,

first of all: great mod! It adds a lot to the game. :)

I've got two questions:

1.: How can I add aditional Motherships to goblins shop? I added an entry in the gw.script file, with the same syntax as the other motherships. But if I want to use goblins shop, it doesn't open anymore. Do I have to edit another file?

2.: How can I see the perk tree for the two female mothership pilots?

Simbal
12-01-2013, 01:57 AM
All the files you need to edit are:

Scripts > Include > gw.script
Locdata > DialogGW.loc
Scripts > Trade > DialogGW.xml

2. I don't know

Goblin Wizard
12-01-2013, 08:15 AM
2.: How can I see the perk tree for the two female mothership pilots?

You can't see them like other pilots (hardcoded limits). That's why I've added those two screenies in the first post. There'd be probably the other way to show those screenies or some kind of schematic perk tree in game but it wasn't my priority when I was working on the mod.

Neo Genesis
04-19-2014, 02:31 AM
Which mothership pack? Give me the link.

btw I've just imported some fighters from SW2: bastard, mataris, raven, scolm and two angorian's and angorian frigate (my favorite design) as mothership. All work except frigate that needs guns placement. It takes much time so I'll do this later.
Thanks to your suggestions Nanaki I've reworked the scripts so now no changes to the locations are needed. All stays in dockstation.script and every maintenance station has access to my shop. Existing portals are checked and activated if needed. Now only pilot hire/fire script left.

Just Asking Why Can't I See the 2 Angorian Fighters in the Fighters List .

nocalora29
09-15-2014, 02:25 AM
Goblin set the Visibility Boolean to False, I Can't say why, Maybe the Angorian Ships are in Development...

But you can Unlock them by Overwriting one XML File with this Right Here: https://mega.co.nz/#!o0hyXDaB!sx4_r3cIsUndZfZR-nQaRWhf6uRk68q39rqPV69Gx6E

File goes to the Game/Data/Scripts/Trade/ Folder