PDA

View Full Version : European version IL2 1946 and Windows 7 ??

Foot_Soldier
04-07-2010, 12:54 AM
How do I install this on my system ? Or actually the better question is after I install 1946, how do I get it to run ? I've tried 3 installs now, and have failed to get the game to start. All 3 times I installed the 4.08 and 4.09 patches. Should I run the game before installing these patches ??
Any help would be greatley appreciated.

here are my PC specs (Laptop) COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ61-320CA LAPTOP PC

Athlon II Dual-Core M300
Processor Speed: 2.0GHz
RAM: 2048MB
Memory Type (RAM): DDR2
Storage/Drives
Hard drive size: 250GB
Hard drive speed: 5400RPM
Video Memory: 128MB shared
Operating System: Windows® 7 Home Premium 32-bit Edition

Qpassa
04-07-2010, 06:18 AM
You should desactivate UAC ,run as administrator and execute the patches

Foot_Soldier
04-07-2010, 09:00 AM
Are you referring to the Securom program ? I have done this, and the game does start now, however I have to leave the DVD in the drive to play. As I am using my Laptop, I am hoping there is a work around for this.

David603
04-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Are you referring to the Securom program ? I have done this, and the game does start now, however I have to leave the DVD in the drive to play. As I am using my Laptop, I am hoping there is a work around for this.
There is a work around for this, you need to copy the contents of your Il2 1946 folder to a new folder, then delete everything in the original folder, and run the uninstaller on the original folder.

The uninstaller will come up with lots of messages like File:X not found, just click proceed each time.

Once this is done go into your new Il2 folder and find the .exe file, it should be called Il2 something or other (but not Il2Setup), and have the same picture as your original desktop shortcut, right click on it and create a shortcut on the desktop.

When this is finished you can just click on the new shortcut and the game will run without needing the disc in the drive, but you should keep the disc in case you ever need to reinstall.

Foot_Soldier
04-07-2010, 04:47 PM
I tried the above, and it still asks for the DVD, unfortunately.:confused:

David603
04-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Sorry, I went back to the original topic I saw that on to have a look for reasons why it wouldn't work for you, and just realised that technique only works for modded versions of Il2.

It mainly used so that you can have multiple versions of Il2 on the same computer, but one of the side benefits if you have a modded game is being able to run without the DVD.

Foot_Soldier
04-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Sorry, I went back to the original topic I saw that on to have a look for reasons why it wouldn't work for you, and just realised that technique only works for modded versions of Il2.

It mainly used so that you can have multiple versions of Il2 on the same computer, but one of the side benefits if you have a modded game is being able to run without the DVD.

Thanks for trying.