PDA

View Full Version : more firepower!!

ethailia
04-06-2010, 04:30 AM
An upgraded Gunslinger,Hrimthurs and Stiletto MK II .

Gunslinger now has 7 Big Guns 1 Small Gun and 11 Systems
Hrimthurs has 3 Small Guns, 5 Rockets and 12 Systems
Stiletto MK II has 4 Big Guns 1 Rocket and 3 Systems

the .IMD and INI files are included but u still need to edit Carcasses.xml for the fighters to work right , open \StarWolves3\Data\Game\Carcasses.xml in notpad and find the 3 fighters with _PL0 after there name "Gunslinger_PL0" and change the guns and system amounts to match above

also included an arba_base.ini with 34 useable slots ...... just to show it can be done

ethailia
04-06-2010, 11:38 AM
sry was half asleep when I was finishing arba_base.ini the one I uploaded isnt correct..... this one is has 37 slots just needs lined up a bit better.

And for thoes who dont know , youll need to make an IMD file , or edit the one in game , for this to work.

Great having GK turrets you can change :) now just need more of them in game !!!

Nanaki
04-06-2010, 01:06 PM
also included an arba_base.ini with 34 useable slots ...... just to show it can be done

I already knew it could be done, just that past 20 slots it starts looking really ugly, with slots overlapping eachother, slots going off the screen and it becomes a pain to get things in the right slots. Not to mention I would go insane trying to imd-edit ~25 turrets, GKGuns, and GKTurrets onto a model. Most models can only take about 10 Turrets and 4 GKGuns and adding many more beyond that it starts to look tacky and ugly.

Becides, more Firepower would be my modified Cavalier Corvette with 4 big guns, 4 small guns, and 6 rockets. ;3

Anyhow, it is nice to see other people getting into modding as well.

Goblin Wizard
04-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Yes, it's fun to watch masta-blasta gunship in action but unfortunately it's useless in normal game. Makes the game easy and boring.
But as Nanaki said it's good to see new face:).

ethailia
04-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Was thinking of having a much , much larger Mothership , and then having a human vs Precurser/Alien war. Also been adding the Cap ships as fighters in the same fashon the butcher was :). Its the easiest way I found so far to play test everything. funny though watching a flight of battleships leave the Mastiff , not so funny that there to big to land again :)

Nanaki
04-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Unfortunately there is an upper limit to how big ships can get, any bigger and they would not be able to fit through jumpgates or dock to stations.

ethailia
04-06-2010, 01:55 PM
I plan on doing the same to just about all of the 4 & 5 lvl fighters and an even larger boost for the cap ships, O, and the Stiletto with 3 systems is about what most will have for systems.but I felt 3 Big guns on a gunship was just sad :) now its a real gunship!!Already starting to arm everyone with the new gunships.

Question , anyone able to get the X8 speed to work ???? every time I use it , it kicks back to X4 saying I dont have enough resources.

ethailia
04-06-2010, 02:01 PM
I pretty sure if u wanted to , you could have a planet use the jump gate and dock ....... jump gates dont require u to go through them to use , it only looks that way becouse of the flight path usualy taken but fly up slow and notice u get the option well b4 the opening, I have even had it jump me through the side b4 bounce me back a few and still ended up where I was suppose to , and u only need to be above a station to dock there .

/shrug well maybe it wont work :) trying anyway :)

Goblin Wizard
04-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Like other things (e.g. stations) portals have activation radius that can be changed. I saw proper function somewhere while searching through the files but don't remember where now.
Nearly the same goes for mothership. If you move position of docking bay (in IMD) far off the ms hull any ship can dock. It looks strange while ship disappearing in the space but works (at least it worked with some ships I've tried).

tsavo
04-15-2010, 02:39 AM
which means totally 20 slots?